Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UVC] UniversityCoin | UniversityCoin.Org - Pure PoS | 9M coins mined  (Read 135270 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
UniversityCoin (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:25:21 AM

https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_uvc

Are you ready?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CHMinePeeR

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:46:04 AM

very nice Smiley)

Price spiked!

Crypto Skill Promotions - Promote your Coin from Professionists!!
Get your LatiumCoin for free! just register here … ! ENJOY LAT is on https://coin-swap.net  ! Don't miss this!!
You get 5Lat just for signup ( at actual rate thats a free 0.01btc )
jakecrow

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:56:08 AM

Any news on the multipool?
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:58:35 AM

hey newbie ... Angry

you selling that cheap, remember Cinni coin 15m Total coins was sold to 3000 sat ...

today reached 33 k sat

UVC coin -10m ......  Wink
UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:59:52 AM

Exclusive news:

The multipools will be ready next week
icess

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:06:15 AM

Ann  http://uvc4commit.com/

support opensource projects, contribute and earn UniversityCoins

uvc4commit

ProjectUniversityCoin

If you like it, donate is appreciated to keep this service running.

UniversityCoin address see my  Signature!

Thank you! and  UVC TO THE MOON!!

Hi,  maybe the dev can set up an android wallet project on github, and let the community donation to keep this project running.

this will let those talented developers join UVC.
ficklepickle

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 01:14:26 AM

Ann  http://uvc4commit.com/

support opensource projects, contribute and earn UniversityCoins

uvc4commit

ProjectUniversityCoin

If you like it, donate is appreciated to keep this service running.

UniversityCoin address see my  Signature!

Thank you! and  UVC TO THE MOON!!

Hi,  maybe the dev can set up an android wallet project on github, and let the community donation to keep this project running.

this will let those talented developers join UVC.

I posted in this thread earlier about that if you want to go back and look. 

ficklepickle

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 01:16:40 AM

Can community come together and help find a solution to the Android POS wallet?  

I will start:

UniversityCoin POS Android Wallet:

Dogecoin Android Wallet on Github

Can we use this base to fork a repository and set it up and wait for developers?  This seems to be most full featured POW open source wallet I could find.  If anyone finds a better codebase to fork from, please reply to this post.  POS implementation is apparently non-trivial as at least three other communities have talked about it.  BlackCoin, MintCoin, and PeerCoin.  Maybe we should pool resources e.g. devs?  

https://github.com/langerhans/dogecoin-wallet-new

UniversityCoin Point of Sale Android QR-Code/UPC-Code Scanner/Wallet:

We will need to assure that if Colleges wish to label their items for sale that they can print out QR Code labels that the vendor can use his own phone to read, and then generate a QR code for the UniversityCoin's Wallet Software to send coins to.  Most will still likely just use their current labels and convert the current price of UniversityCoin to fiat and then charge based on that.    

So we could be the first UPC code scanning wallet for any altcoin (I think), and allowing easy integration into Point of Sale systems at University Campuses would be a major selling point.    

UPC Code Reader codebases.

http://zbar.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zbar/?source=directory  -- Zbar Does QR Code and UPC as well as others.   //  Comes in tons of languages.  

IMHO, these two developments need to be linked and out of the door as soon as possible.

Stage 2: UniversityCoin Printed Ad Campaign on Campuses:

We have technical folks, we have aesthetic folks, we have doers, and we have supporters.  Let's make sure we use all four parts of the community.  

Aesthetic Folks, let's make some posters to raise awareness.  

After we have the posters, an Ad Campaign on University Campuses where we do not currently have ambassadors can be facilitated by existing advertising networks that spefically target colleges.

Stage 3:  Hardware package with a branded Android Compatible Wireless Scanner for UPC

This will allow any university to receive a Wireless scanner screenprinted with UniversityCoin's Logo all over it.  UniversityCoin can leverage this to raise brand awareness as well as being able to have a tactile object emblazoned with professional looking logos and a small list of instructions.  As well as a feeling from the college vendors that we are serious and here to stay.  A branded hardware device is a big step both in terms of the manufacturing/logistics and financial commitments but think about it this way.

UniversirtyCoin Wireless UPC scanners will create demand from brand awareness, and create market volume.          

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Handheld-Barcode-Scanner/dp/B00FIKK68I

etc I will add more if you guys don't think I'm crazy.   Grin

here it is

jakecrow

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:21:23 AM

Exclusive news:

The multipools will be ready next week

Oh that's awesome, thanks!
minedout

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:37:00 AM

Congrats on Poloniex.

This coin has such a great branding potential, my only advice is to not pull a WDC/BC with childs fights.

I also think it is very (VERY) undervalued.

However, I do have a question. When my wallet is locked, it says it is 'not minting'. What exactly is that?

Thanks
UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:41:19 AM

Congrats on Poloniex.

This coin has such a great branding potential, my only advice is to not pull a WDC/BC with childs fights.

However, I do have a question. When my wallet is locked, it says it is 'not minting'. What exactly is that?

Thanks

Not minting means you will not get interest since you locked your wallet
NurseWho

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:49:45 AM

hey newbie ... Angry

you selling that cheap, remember Cinni coin 15m Total coins was sold to 3000 sat ...

today reached 33 k sat

Dayum son, wish I bought some  Smiley
icess

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:02:33 AM

Can community come together and help find a solution to the Android POS wallet?  

I will start:

UniversityCoin POS Android Wallet:

Dogecoin Android Wallet on Github

Can we use this base to fork a repository and set it up and wait for developers?  This seems to be most full featured POW open source wallet I could find.  If anyone finds a better codebase to fork from, please reply to this post.  POS implementation is apparently non-trivial as at least three other communities have talked about it.  BlackCoin, MintCoin, and PeerCoin.  Maybe we should pool resources e.g. devs?  

https://github.com/langerhans/dogecoin-wallet-new

UniversityCoin Point of Sale Android QR-Code/UPC-Code Scanner/Wallet:

We will need to assure that if Colleges wish to label their items for sale that they can print out QR Code labels that the vendor can use his own phone to read, and then generate a QR code for the UniversityCoin's Wallet Software to send coins to.  Most will still likely just use their current labels and convert the current price of UniversityCoin to fiat and then charge based on that.    

So we could be the first UPC code scanning wallet for any altcoin (I think), and allowing easy integration into Point of Sale systems at University Campuses would be a major selling point.    

UPC Code Reader codebases.

http://zbar.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zbar/?source=directory  -- Zbar Does QR Code and UPC as well as others.   //  Comes in tons of languages.  

IMHO, these two developments need to be linked and out of the door as soon as possible.

Stage 2: UniversityCoin Printed Ad Campaign on Campuses:

We have technical folks, we have aesthetic folks, we have doers, and we have supporters.  Let's make sure we use all four parts of the community.  

Aesthetic Folks, let's make some posters to raise awareness.  

After we have the posters, an Ad Campaign on University Campuses where we do not currently have ambassadors can be facilitated by existing advertising networks that spefically target colleges.

Stage 3:  Hardware package with a branded Android Compatible Wireless Scanner for UPC

This will allow any university to receive a Wireless scanner screenprinted with UniversityCoin's Logo all over it.  UniversityCoin can leverage this to raise brand awareness as well as being able to have a tactile object emblazoned with professional looking logos and a small list of instructions.  As well as a feeling from the college vendors that we are serious and here to stay.  A branded hardware device is a big step both in terms of the manufacturing/logistics and financial commitments but think about it this way.

UniversirtyCoin Wireless UPC scanners will create demand from brand awareness, and create market volume.          

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Handheld-Barcode-Scanner/dp/B00FIKK68I

etc I will add more if you guys don't think I'm crazy.   Grin

here it is

Great idea.
Jacques21

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:46:19 AM

hey newbie ... Angry

today reached 33 k sat

Dayum son, wish I bought some  Smiley

Its not too late, you can still buy  Grin
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:18:12 AM

there anyone else find it odd to be undervalued  Huh
people should be doing some confusion
with the amount should find that are not 100m and 9.5m ...

please dev highlighted  the amount 9.5 and remove 100m the op  Wink

sorry my english  Grin

GreenDefender

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:52:37 AM

Congrats on Poloniex.

Thanks

Hi Universitycoin ,i am not really familiar how POS works for UVC.
-If I unlock wallet after some days of beeing locked, i will get interest for this last days or loose something?
-Is there a different between locked wallet and shut down PC/laptop by interest ?
-POS interest stake is for 1 -180 days. After 180 days i have to change my UVC to another wallet ?
Please enlight me ...
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:05:52 AM

Congrats on Poloniex.

Thanks

Hi Universitycoin ,i am not really familiar how POS works for UVC.
-If I unlock wallet after some days of beeing locked, i will get interest for this last days or loose something?
-Is there a different between locked wallet and shut down PC/laptop by interest ?
-POS interest stake is for 1 -180 days. After 180 days i have to change my UVC to another wallet ?
Please enlight me ...

You don't have to leave your computer on for 24 hours with the wallet open for staking to occur. You just need to leave the wallet open and unlocked every so often (at least once every 180 days). As long as you have coins in the wallet that meet the minimum stake age of at least 1 day and less than 180 days, the coins will begin staking automatically once you have sufficient stake weight (a combination of number of coins eligible to staked and the number of days since the coins were last staked). The higher the coins stake weight, the more likely staking will occur and the longer the coins take before staking, the more accrued interest you will receive up to the 3.8% yearly amount or 8.5% annually during the bonus period. You don't lose any accumulated stake interest by waiting for the staking to occur as long as your wallet stakes at least once every 180 days. You also have to keep in mind each time you transfer coins from to or from the wallet, the stake age for those coins resets. The coins that remain unmoved will continue to accumulate stake age until they stake and then the stake cycle begins over again. Most PoS coins work in the same way.
Ivanech

Activity: 808
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:31:18 AM

You also have to keep in mind each time you transfer coins from to or from the wallet, the stake age for those coins resets. The coins that remain unmoved will continue to accumulate stake age until they stake and then the stake cycle begins over again.

Really you don't.

There is a Coin Control feature in wallet to check confirmations number of all input transactions.
icess

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:02:24 AM

Do we have a richlist?

The blockexplorer do not have this feature:
http://cryptexplorer.com/chain/UniversityCoin

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:23:41 AM

You also have to keep in mind each time you transfer coins from to or from the wallet, the stake age for those coins resets. The coins that remain unmoved will continue to accumulate stake age until they stake and then the stake cycle begins over again.

Really you don't.

There is a Coin Control feature in wallet to check confirmations number of all input transactions.

Coin control is a feature originally implemented in the HoboNickles wallet that lets you select coins from a certain block when transferring coins out of the wallet:

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control#Benefits_of_larger_blocks

It give you more control on which coins get transfered instead of just the coins from the newest block, which is the default. The stake age is still reset for any group of coins that gets transfered in or out of the wallet. Coin control just lets you select the coins that get transfered.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: