Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:03:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901801 times)
czvezda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:05:20 PM

The pool is up and running!

0% fees
Powerful dedicated server
DDOS Protection
Friendly support via email, jabber or support forums
Skilled admin

Please, join us, we are going to build the hash rate.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 10:30:15 PM

0% fees
DDOS Protection
Skilled admin

Idemo, cigani, gobare da vijamo, gace da im skidamo.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
BTCarchitect

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:37:30 PM

Nautilus can fly
Cohle

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:39:38 PM

Guys - transferred NAUT from Mintpal to my Mac wallet. It shows pending in the wallet but there are still no confirmations. The wallet is synced. It's been an hour. I'm a bit worried.
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:42:26 PM

Guys - transferred NAUT from Mintpal to my Mac wallet. It shows pending in the wallet but there are still no confirmations. The wallet is synced. It's been an hour. I'm a bit worried.
It will get confirmed dont worry.. blocks are slow because of insane difficulty lol  Grin
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:47:20 PM

Ah, another PandaCoin! Wolong 'stabilised' that one pretty well right fellas?
Degolep

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:51:45 PM

everybody likes the price but nobody knows why its so high
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 10:54:20 PM

everybody likes the price but nobody knows why its so high
You don't ask why the price is so high when you're making BTC.

I mean, do you really care why the price is that high?

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Stacks

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:22:49 PM

http://pool.mn/Themes/Dilber/images/theme/logo.png

0% fees
DDOS Protection
Skilled admin

Do not use this POOL they steal peoples coins!
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 11:26:51 PM

I know all about how it works , the links to the code on github may be useful to others,

I question the mentality of this. 

Similar systems have not prevented other large coins from being targeted by large pools

I have watched the networks of feathercoin, dodge, ect.... while watching middlecoin and wafflepool at the same time,

I do this by running one core with miner d in a virtual machine ,

one coin gets pegged to higher difficulty for a while, then some miner solve a block, the adjustment steep down in difficulty

happens and the large pools hop right on it , in seconds.....

last year i used to watch middlecoin sit on say feathercoin for hours at a time,  eventually the difficulty would go up and it would switch off to something else (there may be a few switch off's to smaller coins now and again)... but while it was on feather coin all that time it was not on any other coin,   then when feather coin difficulty rose it would leave it alone for a while,  so all the kgw or your retargeting system does is speed up the process at which the same things take place and make it even harder for any miner who really wants to mine only that coin to get a piece of the action, 

that is my opinoin, not a popular one since everyone thinks the kgw is a big deal. 

i suggest someoneone look up older posts i read by Sunny King warning of fast difficulty changes.....

I think he made a lot of sense and I can't remember if i read them on the forum here or on one of his forums but there was more discussion of it after the terracoin 25 ths attack last summer.......

In todays environment i think difficulty adjusting once a day is probably too long, once an hour is about the minimum I would consider.....

My personal feeling is that by most larger coins going to the kgw/similar retargeting systems they have actually made it easier for large hash cow pools to hammer their coin when difficulty goes low.

As far as this coin is concerned , anything with this many shill and legit posts and trade volume is obviously being 'sponsered' by someone.....

I won't be mining or investing in this coin. If you are I wish you the best. Just consider who may be 'sponsering' the large trade volume you all are discussing at the bottom of the thread.   

Oh and it was premined.... many people say a small amount but why premine,

If you ninja launch a coin at least the people who are around and mine it at the start get a piece of the action and the developers can get their share too. 

When considering a premine most people discuss the % vs. total coins ever.

I would suggest for any premined coin you look at the percentage of the premined coins vs. how many coins exist right now, and how much the premine can be 'exchanged' for bitcoin right now...... 

Can you explain more details about how Digishield works?
DigiShield re-targets a coin’s difficulty to protect against multi-pools and an over-inflation of easily mined new coins. DigiShield was originally developed for DigiByte, but has since been implemented into Dogecoin and will soon be implemented into more coins including Nautiluscoin.  DigiShield re-targets a coin’s difficulty between every block or in the case of DigiByte & Dogecoin, every 60 seconds.

We created DigiShield after seeing the threat that multi-pools pose to a crypto currency when they start mining a coin at a very low difficulty in relation to their net pool hash. This allows many coins to be quickly and easily mined before the difficulty increases. Once the difficulty increases the multi-pool leaves a coin, dumps the coins on the market, and then leaves the dedicated existing miners with a very high difficulty and very few new coins to be mined.  This leads to a drop in price and frustration among the committed community members  & miners of the affected coin.
DigiShield protects DigiByte against this threat and helps ensure greater confidence in any coin that implements it by allowing the difficulty to rise and fall almost perfectly in sync with increases or decreases in the net hash of a coin.  The secret to DigiShield is an asymmetrical approach to difficulty re-targeting. With DigiShield, the difficulty is allowed to decrease in larger movements than it is allowed to increase from block to block. This keeps a blockchain from getting "stuck" i.e., not finding the next block for several hours following a major drop in the net hash of coin. It is all a balancing act. You need to allow the difficulty to increase enough between blocks to catch up to a sudden spike in net hash, but not enough to accidentally send the difficulty sky high when two miners get lucky and find blocks back to back. The same thing occurs with difficulty decreases. Since it takes much longer to find the next block, you need to allow it to drop quicker than it increases.

The KGW (Kimoto Gravity Well) and Earthcoin approaches to difficulty re-targeting are not as effective as DigiShield in protecting against multi-pools.  We conducted extensive testing over a five day period and found that an asymmetrical approach was much more effective than the KGW approach. We found that the difficulty needed to be able to decrease by a larger magnitude than it was allowed to increase. When the difficulty was allowed to increase or decrease at the same rate with larger orders of magnitude, some very bad oscillations occurred along with some crazy high difficulties when two lucky blocks were found quickly back to back. The asymmetrical adjustments keep the difficulty from going too high too fast, but allow it to drop much quicker after a large hash down swing as it takes a much longer time to discover the next two blocks for the difficulty adjustment to occur.

Both the KGW and Earthcoin approaches to difficulty re-targeting still allow multi-pools a few minutes of easy mining.  For example, Earthcoin still gets hit my multi-pools for 11-12 minutes at time. Both approaches limit the amount the difficulty is allowed to change between blocks, which can become a big issue when a sudden hash decrease occurs.  While simulating a sudden 10-20 fold hash decrease, KGW can become "stuck" for several hours before the next few blocks are discovered and the difficulty evens out again.  The same issue exists with the Earthcoin approach.  It can get "stuck" for 20-40 minutes following an 11 minute hash increase from a multi-pool attack.  We know a 10-20 fold hash increase is unusual, but it is possible, especially as cryptocurrencies become better known.  More than likely, we will only ever see more than a 5-10 fold increase.  Nonetheless, we wanted to develop something that protected against even the most unlikely of hash jumps to ensure that we could handle sudden extremes very quickly.  

In summary DigiShield is a balanced asymmetrical approach to difficulty re-targeting. You don't want to let the difficulty go too high too fast, but you need to give it enough room to catch up quickly. The same thing goes with down swings, since it takes longer to discover new blocks you need to give it more room to go down, but not enough to send it to the floor. DigiShield is by no means the absolute "perfect" solution to the multi pool/ difficulty problem, but after testing dozens of different setups over a five day period including KGW and the Earthcoin approach, the current ratios/ settings in DigiShield out performed any other solution available at the moment.

The DigiShield code can be found here between lines 833 & 1007:
https://github.com/digibyte/DigiByteProject/blob/master/src/main.cpp

Take a look at the Dogecoin difficulty chart:
 http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/dogecoin-difficulty-chart.  
You can see how multi-pools have really been mining most of the coins and leaving the dedicated Doge miners to pick up the slack and get the short end of the stick when it comes to new coins. You can also see when DigiShield took effect and that no longer occurs.

Now take a look at the chart for DigiByte:
http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/digibyte-difficulty-chart.  
You can see how we would get "stuck" after a multi pool left us and it would take several hours more than our 2.4 hour re-target before the difficulty came back down. Had we not implemented DigiShield when we were hit with the 1 GH - 8GH increase we might have been "stuck" for a day or more. See how quickly the pool hit us and left, and more importantly see how fast the difficulty decreased back to normal levels?  Since DigiShield went into effect, you can see how quickly multi-pools hit us and leave, whereby they mine considerably less coins now, upwards of 50-80% less.
^^ for anyone wondering how it works  Kiss

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
bitember_pools

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:35:55 PM

http://bitember.com/transpbg_resized2.png

Hey guys! Our NAU pool has been up and running flawlessly since Day 1! Feel free to take a look.

Check us out at nau.bitember.com!

0% fees if you PM us the nickname you signed up with!

P.S. - Please ignore the stats on the front page - they are incorrect and our developers are currently working on getting it fixed! Don't worry, all your coins are being counted. 

omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:44:09 PM

this coin looks promising. i see it going to $1.50 in 48 hours
choppy123

Activity: 383

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:45:24 PM

just give it some time....i transferred NAUT to mintpal and it took 25 minutes just to get 2 confirmations...don't be worried....now it's been 1 hour and im still not fully confirmed on mintpal because they require 10 confirmations wtf ?? I've been clicking refresh for the last 15 minutes lol

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
IncreaseMyT

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 11:47:25 PM

its about to smash the 24 hr high
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:55:03 PM

designing retargeting of difficulty that 'discourages' mining seems kind of crazy to me......

I think the point is to discourage dumping, mining should actually feel like an exercise not just scooping your hand into the candy jar, hoarding thousands of coins and dumping them for electricity and beer money. This is why most POW coins are dying, miners stopped speculating and started pawning their inflated coins off on traders and frankly traders have gotten tired of it and moved on to POS coins because of this.

The ONLY reason i'm even touching this POW coin is because of the major investment capital behind it that will take the coin to new heights, I want to invest with someone willing to make it successful and not just some 17 year-old kid who will dump on everyone to buy a steam game or run off with the premine (and if you think someone as wealthy as Brian Kelly needs to steal premine from everyone I got a bridge to sell ya!).
FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:02:29 AM

and if you think someone as wealthy as Brian Kelly needs to steal premine from everyone I got a bridge to sell ya!

This made me laugh, I'll trade you a wooden nickel for that bridge...

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:06:49 AM

just bought my first 100 shares
IncreaseMyT

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 12:07:56 AM

only 3 btc to get to 3k btc volume!
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:57:49 AM

As far as this coin is concerned , anything with this many shill and legit posts and trade volume is obviously being 'sponsered' by someone.....

Oh and it was premined.... many people say a small amount but why premine,

If you ninja launch a coin at least the people who are around and mine it at the start get a piece of the action and the developers can get their share too. 

When considering a premine most people discuss the % vs. total coins ever.

First, what do you mean by sponsored? You mean someone is spending money to buy the coin to make it look good? And if so, so what? High tide rises all boats.

The primine was transparent and clearnly stated as being used by the stabilization fund.

At least there is an attempt to do something different. Oh, and for every shill there's always one FUDer and one yelling scam. You've just got to read through the noise.
jaayruu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:37:27 AM

watch the interview, this coin defeats the purpose of Bitcoin, its centralized. The creator even says so himself. Even though i do believe what you say, it is being sponsored & oh well. invest in the coin and cash out on this ponzi illuminati reptillian banking scheme while you can. i believe we can all make money of Mr Brian Kelleys hedge funded crypto. I most certainly believe he is artificially raising the price himself to make his created crypto look good, but hey, grab some NAUT and watch your BTC rise. Its fun  Tongue

CNBC interview - http://www.cnbc.com/id/101573131

His desire is to create a coin and be the central banker of this coin. Oh Hai Mr Bernanke jr
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: