Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:38:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD OUT - 750GH/s for $849 - VMC Fast Hash One Gold Rush 0.83w/gh  (Read 25075 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rangerbob21

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:25:33 PM

Par for the course in "Bitcoin miner vendor land" I am afraid...  Undecided

I will take it apart and "reengineer" the cooler to see if that gets me anywhere. I might just need to give a 1/4 turn more on the nuts... We shall see...

cgminer varies according to the pool (and interestingly, per share diff) I get 800+GH/s from cgminer but ~580GH/s at Eligius and ~580 GH/s from cgminer and ~580GH/s from slush...

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:32:09 PM

Could use some troubleshooting.  With the ATX connection from the board (5 straight-line pins) going to the PSU (10 pin) plugged in the board goes on and off right away.  If I leave it unplugged it runs. Huh
Also - can't get cgminer to see it, or my computer for that matter.  Any drivers necessary?  Using Win7 Home Premium.
Not sure if the two issues are related.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:38:03 PM

I will take it apart and "reengineer" the cooler to see if that gets me anywhere. I might just need to give a 1/4 turn more on the nuts... We shall see...

cgminer varies according to the pool (and interestingly, per share diff) I get 800+GH/s from cgminer but ~580GH/s at Eligius and ~580 GH/s from cgminer and ~580GH/s from slush...

Thanks!

You never gave me the CGMiner command line, the .bat file. It should be something like this

cgminer.exe -o POOL1 -u USERNAME1 -p PASSWORD1 -o POOL2 -u USERNAME2 -p PASSWORD2 --hfa-noshed --hfa-hash-clock 750
pause

Could use some troubleshooting.  With the ATX connection from the board (5 straight-line pins) going to the PSU (10 pin) plugged in the board goes on and off right away.  If I leave it unplugged it runs. Huh
Also - can't get cgminer to see it, or my computer for that matter.  Any drivers necessary?  Using Win7 Home Premium.

Yes CGMiner/Windows 7 requires the zadig WinUSB Driver Zadig 2.1.0 exe
Install WinUSB on the Gold Rush units.
Stalker2

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:46:12 PM

So in reality, this card is really 550 GH/s to 600 GH/s for $849 when you can get 3 Ants for $600?

...With ~X2+ the power consumption for the S1s, but so far, yea that is what I see...

I really wish I could get any feedback from Ken (and/or company) on what is going on with the performance of the board. So far I am under spec...     

https://i.imgur.com/ElauBPl.png

My results mirror what your getting, I just can't keep it cool enough to run 800mhz with the corsair H80i.
Think we are going to order some parts and build our own cooling system.
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:46:19 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 04:37:10 PM by rangerbob21

Could use some troubleshooting.  With the ATX connection from the board (5 straight-line pins) going to the PSU (10 pin) plugged in the board goes on and off right away.  If I leave it unplugged it runs. Huh
Also - can't get cgminer to see it, or my computer for that matter.  Any drivers necessary?  Using Win7 Home Premium.

A. Plug nothing from the PSU to the GR board other than

1. the 4 Pci-e connectors
2. whatever the cooler pump needs to run (the H110i was a sata connector)
3. You can power additional fans from the board or PSU.

B. Have you installed the drivers using zadig first? Cancel any OS detected HW driver install (takes a moment to actually cancel the process) when you plug the GR in.

Edit: C. http://aphnetworks.com/tutorials/psu_paperclip_trick
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:49:30 PM

Thanks!

You never gave me the CGMiner command line, the .bat file. It should be something like this

cgminer.exe -o POOL1 -u USERNAME1 -p PASSWORD1 -o POOL2 -u USERNAME2 -p PASSWORD2 --hfa-noshed --hfa-hash-clock 750
pause

Yes CGMiner/Windows 7 requires the zadig WinUSB Driver Zadig 2.1.0 exe
Install WinUSB on the Gold Rush units.

The command line is good and clock is set currently to 800. I do not use the noshed option. In my testing the hash rate went to ~200GH/s when using noshed.
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:51:37 PM

So in reality, this card is really 550 GH/s to 600 GH/s for $849 when you can get 3 Ants for $600?

...With ~X2+ the power consumption for the S1s, but so far, yea that is what I see...

I really wish I could get any feedback from Ken (and/or company) on what is going on with the performance of the board. So far I am under spec...     

My results mirror what your getting, I just can't keep it cool enough to run 800mhz with the corsair H80i.
Think we are going to order some parts and build our own cooling system.

I think I will try to use the long screws that came with the cooler kit to get better contact. Thanks for the tip Bar... Smiley

edit: ...and redo with better thermal paste...
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:00:38 PM

Ordered one trying to pay by btc, messages sent (here and on website) but no response  Sad

zzzzzzzzzz.. guys, don't try paying by bitcoin.

I paid in Bitcoin. PM kslaughter.
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:26:34 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 10:03:09 PM by Swimmer63

B. Have you installed the drivers using zadig first? Cancel any OS detected HW driver install (takes a moment to actually cancel the process) when you plug the GR in.

Thanks Ranger!  So I have ZADIG installed and my pc says it sees a "Mass Storage Device" by Alcor Micro Corp.  Since it's the only usb plugged in beside the mouse I assume that's the GR.
But I still can't get cgminer to see it.  I have tried starting cold and using the .bat file above.  In both cases I get:

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: On second look and trying to get to run on another PC, I don't think it's the Mass Storage Device.  When I plug the usb in from card the computer has zero reaction.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:02:23 PM

Thanks Ranger!  So I have ZADIG installed and my pc says it sees a "Mass Storage Device" by Alcor Micro Corp.  Since it's the only usb plugged in beside the mouse I assume that's the GR.
But I still can't get cgminer to see it.  I have tried starting cold and using the .bat file above.  In both cases I get:

Any other suggestions?

Try starting cgminer first, then plug the USB into the card after cgminer has started.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:48:49 PM

Well that did not work.  But turning the card off, plugging the card into the PC, then turning it on got it recognized.
Now my issue is in literally 2 seconds it resets I believe due to thermal overload.  Though I don't understand how that can be after 2 seconds.
Then it restarts 4-5 times reducing the voltage each time.  But each time I get the same error as below.
I may need to tighten up the cooler, but this seems like something else.  The temp reads 25C when it cycles down. Any ideas?

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:09:46 PM

Well that did not work.  But turning the card off, plugging the card into the PC, then turning it on got it recognized.
Now my issue is in literally 2 seconds it resets I believe due to thermal overload.  Though I don't understand how that can be after 2 seconds.
Then it restarts 4-5 times reducing the voltage each time.  But each time I get the same error as below.
I may need to tighten up the cooler, but this seems like something else.  The temp reads 25C when it cycles down. Any ideas?

Didn't you say you didn't get any heatsinks? I wonder if that could be what is causing the overheating.
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:25:09 PM

I did not get any but have not heard officially that I was suppose to.  Plus the temperature reading is only 25C, which I believe is just room temperature. 
I don't think the card could heat up that much in 2-3 seconds anyway.  Just does not make sense.
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:28:40 PM

I did not get any but have not heard officially that I was suppose to.  Plus the temperature reading is only 25C, which I believe is just room temperature. 
I don't think the card could heat up that much in 2-3 seconds anyway.  Just does not make sense.
Actually it can... the cooler is not on correctly...
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:40:21 PM

You are right!  I just figured it out.  Going to have to wait for more screws.  Can't get this one any tighter.
computerjesus

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:56:24 AM

Why is it that I can't get a refund it working product. I received 14 doa prospectors and the drive them to Missouri personally to get tech support and it replacements and or refunds. Ken said he wails check them but it took him forever to do so and now he hasn't given me replacements or refunds so I ordered a goldrush card and my order got cancelled. I have the receipt of the returned prospectors but nobody from Vmc will talk to me. This is going to be a serious law suit if I do t get compensation very soon. My word of warning to everyone do squander 26k with Vmc like I did.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:52:35 AM

Why is it that I can't get a refund it working product. I received 14 doa prospectors and the drive them to Missouri personally to get tech support and it replacements and or refunds. Ken said he wails check them but it took him forever to do so and now he hasn't given me replacements or refunds so I ordered a goldrush card and my order got cancelled. I have the receipt of the returned prospectors but nobody from Vmc will talk to me. This is going to be a serious law suit if I do t get compensation very soon. My word of warning to everyone do squander 26k with Vmc like I did.

I'm sorry for your trouble.  I don't have the link handy, but I believe there is already a lawsuit afoot that you might be able to join.

I hope anyone thinking of taking a risk with this company and these boards is reading this thread.  There seems to be nothing but abysmal failure coming out of VMC.  Unfortunately this, from my understanding, is par for the course.
faxfan2002

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:26:21 AM

Ordered one trying to pay by btc, messages sent (here and on website) but no response  Sad

Well I guess BTC isn't welcome been chasing for nearly a week now to pay via BTC. Doesn't bode well...
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:57:04 PM

You are right!  I just figured it out.  Going to have to wait for more screws.  Can't get this one any tighter.

Ya, if there's ANY Thermal issues on CGMiner it's almost always bad contact with the board on your cooler.

This can go multiple ways
   Not tight enough
   Too tight
   Bad spreading of thermal paste

It pretty much has to be perfect on these boards for them to work. If you don't put the backplate on correct and the board warps a little because you have the cooler on too tight it can also give issues to the temp reader and cause errors too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, keep repeating the cooler until it works Tongue
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 02:31:59 PM

Well this has been a testing week...

I got the wiring kit... this was a mistake.

Neither gold rush board showed up as a USB device when connected via the USB header. It took me until today to figure out (after ordering some micro-usb cables on a whim) that in fact the boards only seem to respond on the Micro USB port.

One board is clocked and running nicely at 887mhz, not sure on exact hashrate yet, but I believe it should be around the 670gh/s mark. Clocking above 887mhz causes problems, although I'm relatively confident on the thermal setup I've got running.
The second board I ran out of thermal paste so I've got it clocked at 300mhz until I get some more.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: