Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:23:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD OUT - 750GH/s for $849 - VMC Fast Hash One Gold Rush 0.83w/gh  (Read 25078 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eestimees

Activity: 651
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:39:28 PM

btcguild reporting:
940.59 GH/s   5972992 (99.42%)   32256 / 0 / 2560

that is two (2) cards...
Sad

EDIT: hashrate seems to jump up'n'down a lot... tomorrow I can give a graph.

eestimees
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:46:30 PM

btcguild reporting:
940.59 GH/s   5972992 (99.42%)   32256 / 0 / 2560

that is two (2) cards...
Sad

EDIT: hashrate seems to jump up'n'down a lot... tomorrow I can give a graph.

Ken just informed VMC shareholders that he was heading out West to work at tweaking miners in the ActM mining farm. Perhaps he'll come back with some instructions on how to set these units up to get closer to the advertised speeds?

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
rangerbob21

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:59:44 PM

Well I am sad to report that my GR card is no longer recognized by any system after I plugged in an additional fan to the board (fan 2 header). I am now at a loss. The board powers up with the normal lights and the normal indicators when USB is plugged in. after that, nothing is recognized.

What I did to "cause" this...
1. All systems running stable ~600GH/s @ ~90C @ 800MHz
2. Power Card down
3. Plug additional fan into fan2 header pins
4. Power up card (new fan was spinning)
5. nothing, card usb not seen by multiple systems.

Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas here?

I contacted Ken and company but have had no response.

My card was running off and on (off for liquid block placement) for roughly <2 weeks total.

Thanks!  

Had the same thing the other day, I pushed the reset button on the card, it rebooted and showed up on my pc.

2nd thing I did... Smiley Still no joy.
eestimees

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:04:19 PM

Well I am sad to report that my GR card is no longer recognized by any system after I plugged in an additional fan to the board (fan 2 header). I am now at a loss. The board powers up with the normal lights and the normal indicators when USB is plugged in. after that, nothing is recognized.

What I did to "cause" this...
1. All systems running stable ~600GH/s @ ~90C @ 800MHz
2. Power Card down
3. Plug additional fan into fan2 header pins
4. Power up card (new fan was spinning)
5. nothing, card usb not seen by multiple systems.

Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas here?

I contacted Ken and company but have had no response.

My card was running off and on (off for liquid block placement) for roughly <2 weeks total.

Thanks!  

Had the same thing the other day, I pushed the reset button on the card, it rebooted and showed up on my pc.

2nd thing I did... Smiley Still no joy.

One time I lost my card also, I powered it off, then removed power cable, and powered it on again (without cable) so all those energy things I do not know the word in english will disappear and after that my card was happily found and hashing again

eestimees
gracjan

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:01:04 PM

hello miners

any body can tell how set up voltage on gold rush??
command line or something??

regards
Gracjan
gujo82

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:49:37 PM

ok, here I go:

indeed, using parts that came along with h110 watercooler, it is not possible to fit it on card, there will be a small cap..
so I used kids construction parts that were laying around.. and fitted into coolermaster mini-itx 130 case, I must say H100i is easyer to install on the miner board and into that chassi, also H100i is same size as air-intake holes on the side of case, although I leave cover off..

Temps seem to be about the same.. this card was 659GHz tested, 0.88v.. for me eligius about the same performance or maybe a 20G+ more.. time will tell..

Still I wonder how to rise voltage to the same step as "tested" label indicates...

I must say I lake the design of my miner.. If building it would not be so expensive and time consuming, I would add rPi and voila, you would get a nice miner Smiley for now I have some more to build for myself Wink

EDIT: ok,, system with H100i get hotter.. it sits infront of air ventilation hole and gets hotter than system that has H110 and is next to it but does not have fresh and cool air ventilation hole in front of it.. so for next systems for me it is H110 or H100i + better fans..

Thanks for the update Smiley did you manage to get it in contact with the cores? another stupid q - are you having the fans blow into the radiator or out from it? doesnt say in the corsair manual..  Huh

I installed fans to pull air inside the case through radiator and out. case has one 120mm and one smaller fan to push air in, also case is open in the back, so air can flow freely around the PCB also.

yes, it is in contact w cores

Did you remove some of the mounting plastics for the heatsink, or you used what was stated in the h110 manual? seems to me it should be possible to get it close enough by removing one of the small plastic clips, allowing it those extra mm's more closer to the cores..
eestimees

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:51:37 PM

Did you remove some of the mounting plastics for the heatsink, or you used what was stated in the h110 manual? seems to me it should be possible to get it close enough by removing one of the small plastic clips, allowing it those extra mm's more closer to the cores..

never looked at the manual Smiley

this was my final solution:

eestimees
faxfan2002

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:32:46 AM

Has anyone received tracking numbers from orders over the holiday weekend? Promised on Tuesday but still have have nothing.. Sad
eestimees

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:01:55 AM

Has anyone received tracking numbers from orders over the holiday weekend? Promised on Tuesday but still have have nothing.. Sad

tracking will appear in order details.. open your order and look closely.. mine was sent via fedex although it said dhl

eestimees
faxfan2002

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:20:13 AM

tracking will appear in order details.. open your order and look closely.. mine was sent via fedex although it said dhl

got nothing on my order sadly, was paying my BTC and it was done via PM on here
eestimees

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:21:52 AM

got nothing on my order sadly, was paying my BTC and it was done via PM on here

did you got e-mail that order was sent?
someone mentioned that Ken headed West.. maybe he is not in office to ship your order?

eestimees
faxfan2002

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:24:47 AM

I can understand that, but when they say you'll get shipment and tracking on the 27th that's kinda what I expect. Anyway I'll keep chasing...
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:53:01 AM

OP has these "750G/hash" for $849 and sells the older or other chips "512G/hash" for $1999   what gives?  Im interested in the newer one if the price matches to performance.  I mean if it was about 20% less since most see 20% less performance..  Nice design either way.  Look forward to seeing the manufacturer paying a little more attention to this thread!

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
faxfan2002

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:14:57 AM

I can understand that, but when they say you'll get shipment and tracking on the 27th that's kinda what I expect. Anyway I'll keep chasing...

Well I've tried email to the website, PM's on here and phone calls - nothing sadly. Eager to take BTC but not to provide any further communications. I'll be requesting refund at COB today if I don't at least get an acknowledgement of communications. Pretty shocking really.
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:45:57 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 04:26:53 PM by rangerbob21

Well I've tried email to the website, PM's on here and phone calls - nothing sadly. Eager to take BTC but not to provide any further communications. I'll be requesting refund at COB today if I don't at least get an acknowledgement of communications. Pretty shocking really.

What makes you think any new request, especially for a refund, is going to get any response?

My card is now dead, it never hashed to the minimum spec and no one from VMC or Ken has responded and probably never will, if recent history is any guide. VMC could have been something good if only someone, anyone would put on the customer service hat for a day and answer some requests...  

Edit- I received a blurb from Ken on the VMC site that the warranty is 10 days for DOA. I am not sure if this is Ken's way of saying "tough shit" on a card that died within this 10 day period and never performed as advertised or if this is a general statement, so I responded with how to process the replacement of the card that died within this 10 day period. We shall see... 
kleeck

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:25:57 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 07:40:00 PM by kleeck

What makes you think any new request, especially for a refund, is going to get any response?

My card is now dead, it never hashed to the minimum spec and no one from VMC or Ken has responded and probably never will, if recent history is any guide. VMC could have been something good if only someone, anyone would put on the customer service hat for a day and answer some requests...  

Edit- I received a blurb from Ken on the VMC site that the warranty is 10 days for DOA. I am not sure if this is Ken's way of saying "tough shit" on a card that died within this 10 day period and never performed as advertised or if this is a general statement, so I responded with how to process the replacement of the card that died within this 10 day period. We shall see...  

Interesting. I think this is the first recorded case of DOA, then. Many had issues with setup but I don't think anyone has had a board simply die yet. Keep us updated.

Unrelated:

Ill definitely give it a shot when I get home. One board at 440 and the other at 350.
Do you think using the stock fans on the H100i may be part of the reason why my hash rate is a little low? Hopefully your tool will help me with my other problem of tightening the pump onto the chips.
The problem is cgminer, the old versions don't have the --hfa-hash-clock command and forces the cards to run at 550MHz (~400GH/s)

There's a couple tools that will be coming out. One is a generic HF tool that allows the voltage to be set, while the other provides stats for the Habaneno. Let me ping Gateway on our program, I know he was making some changes to it but I think they were primarily cosmetic.

This might be relevant for some of you guys. I recommend keeping an eye on the Habanero thread for other information on the Hashfast clones. Of course, some of the info might be specific to the Hab. board.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:47:38 PM

Interesting. I think this is the first recorded case of DOA, then. Many had issues with setup but I don't think anyone has had a board simply die yet. Keep us updated.

Unrelated:

Ill definitely give it a shot when I get home. One board at 440 and the other at 350.
Do you think using the stock fans on the H100i may be part of the reason why my hash rate is a little low? Hopefully your tool will help me with my other problem of tightening the pump onto the chips.
The problem is cgminer, the old versions don't have the --hfa-hash-clock command and forces the cards to run at 550MHz (~400GH/s)

There's a couple tools that will be coming out. One is a generic HF tool that allows the voltage to be set, while the other provides stats for the Habaneno. Let me ping Gateway on our program, I know he was making some changes to it but I think they were primarily cosmetic.

This might be relevant for some of you guys. I recommend keeping an eye on the Habanero thread for other information on the Hashfast clones. Of course, some of the info might be specific to the Hab. board.

My board was not DOA, it just died in the 10 day timeframe. Just for clarity. Smiley
faxfan2002

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:02:03 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 08:07:09 AM by faxfan2002

I think I'll get a response as I've actually paid for something and received nothing, you have received something. In any country I'm pretty sure paying and not receiving goods is illegal
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 05:04:37 PM

I've now got one card running happily at 850mhz, and one at 887mhz - ie. about 670gh/s and 690gh/s

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
kleeck

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:04:41 PM

I've now got one card running happily at 850mhz, and one at 887mhz - ie. about 670gh/s and 690gh/s

Wow!

Any specific tips, tricks, or tweaks? I don't have one of these boards but I'm reading that a lot of people are having issues getting them much past 600gh/s.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄