Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850281 times)
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 06:46:06 AM

new image file on my raspberri pi b+ 512

hooked up hdmi and it takes me to a desktop

but minera is running

before i would have to do startx to get to the desktop..

sorry mich but i have to get to bed

the miner is running but for now i need sleep

No problem my friend, let me check something I will contact you with a PM. Have a good night!

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 07:08:21 AM

but minera is running

No problem my friend, let me check something I will contact you with a PM. Have a good night!

Oh well I found it! I never connected a RPI do a monitor I didn't see it, that was the Jessie update who installed the LigthDM package. No problem it's simple to remove it and I will upload a new image file soon without it.

Code:
sudo service ligthdm stop
sudo aptitude purge lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter

Do that and you never see it again Smiley Thanks for the feedback!

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 03:47:40 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 04:35:03 PM by toptek

but minera is running

if it's a Jesse system and what he said doesn't work you may need to set it to log to txt or cmd with

Code:
sudo raspi-config

if it is ubuntu 15 or up to stop that if your using the desktop version type at a terminal  in the gui/desktop
Code:
sudo graphical disable
then reboot .

there is ubuntu 15 server version for rasp pi 2 and up . sense you said B+ it most be Jesse ?. set it with
Code:
sudo raspi-config
with SSH .

@ michelem

what funny is ligthdm never really installs for me i have checked by hocking a monitor up. but I use all mine headless unless one for some reason or another  needs a log in after a new image is installed on one of my non-RPIs but a Pi type to load in network setting the i can use SSH .

and i run them all at root i hate popups or password prompts  every time  i do some thing with sudo. i figured out how to run any pi type pc  at root . unless there is a install issue then I'll run it as non root .etc etc i know the risks .

i know about

Code:
sudo visudo
  which doesn't really fix or do what i want with root and SSH.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
xaS0r

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:39:15 AM

+1 up

nice and functional mining station software  Cool
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:58:29 PM

Hy there,
i am building a small farm with round about 15pcs Antminer S7 in EU and i do need a nice piece of Software to control these, and direct them to the pools i need.
I have read the documentaton, but obviously i do not get the information i need from it (or i am just blind  Cheesy)

- When i run this on an Ubuntu Server, on which port do the miners need to connect?
- Which credentials do the miners need? (Just the IP:PORT without any Worker, Walletaddress, password?)
- Why is minera installing mining software, when it (for my understanding) "just" needs to redirect the miners to a pool?
- Can i specify multiple pools for multiple miners <-> Grouping?
- Can i specify time tables for each pool to be mined?
- Are there live data of exchanges?
- Can Minera listen on a URL to get contacted remotely?

Thanks in advance for your answers!!!
Kind regards,
elrippo

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 05:39:59 PM

Hy there,
i am building a small farm with round about 15pcs Antminer S7 in EU and i do need a nice piece of Software to control these, and direct them to the pools i need.
I have read the documentaton, but obviously i do not get the information i need from it (or i am just blind  Cheesy)

- When i run this on an Ubuntu Server, on which port do the miners need to connect?
- Which credentials do the miners need? (Just the IP:PORT without any Worker, Walletaddress, password?)
- Why is minera installing mining software, when it (for my understanding) "just" needs to redirect the miners to a pool?

Kind regards,
elrippo

Hello, first of all a clarification: Minera can only monitor and/or manage pools on-the-fly for networked miners (like S7), this means you need to previously configure them each one by using their own web interfaces/ssh.

All your miners S7 MUST have the api-allow, api-listen (and if you want to change the default one api-port) option configured to allow Minera to get their data from API Please check this https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Network-mining-devices and the Cgminer README on how to allow API connection from other hosts.
When you have setup your miners, from Minera you can insert IP and PORT (in the settings page) where your miner is (usually 4028 or what you set in api-port).

You don't need any credential to access the API, you need to setup default pools data from the miner web inetrface (if you want to have one automatically when it restarts) or you can set the pools data by Minera when your miner is up&running (go to dashboard and look for the pools table of your miner)

Because Minera uses also a local miner software if you plug some USB miner to it (no network miners)

No you have to set up one by one for each network miner

No there isn't a feature such this

There is a dropdown menu in the top showing almost real time Bitcoin rates against USD/EUR

Yes of course, but you need to setup your router/NAT it's not a Minera task, you need NAT between your public IP address and a selected port (you can use 8080 for example) and the Minera IP:80, so going to http://yourpublic:8080 you are forwarded to your Minera LAN IP.

elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:03:44 PM

Hy there,

Kind regards,
elrippo

Hello, first of all a clarification: Minera can only monitor and/or manage pools on-the-fly for networked miners (like S7), this means you need to previously configure them each one by using their own web interfaces/ssh.

All your miners S7 MUST have the api-allow, api-listen (and if you want to change the default one api-port) option configured to allow Minera to get their data from API Please check this https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Network-mining-devices and the Cgminer README on how to allow API connection from other hosts.
When you have setup your miners, from Minera you can insert IP and PORT (in the settings page) where your miner is (usually 4028 or what you set in api-port).

You don't need any credential to access the API, you need to setup default pools data from the miner web inetrface (if you want to have one automatically when it restarts) or you can set the pools data by Minera when your miner is up&running (go to dashboard and look for the pools table of your miner)

Because Minera uses also a local miner software if you plug some USB miner to it (no network miners)

No you have to set up one by one for each network miner

No there isn't a feature such this

There is a dropdown menu in the top showing almost real time Bitcoin rates against USD/EUR

Yes of course, but you need to setup your router/NAT it's not a Minera task, you need NAT between your public IP address and a selected port (you can use 8080 for example) and the Minera IP:80, so going to http://yourpublic:8080 you are forwarded to your Minera LAN IP.

Hy,
thanks for your fast answer!
If i get this right, it is running this way in a schematic diagram

ANTMINERS_S7(api_allow etc)<->MINERA(pool config)->POOL
So Minera takes over the control of the Miner, and directs the Miner to the specified pool in the Dashboard of Minera?

What i don´t understand is this sentence of yours -> this means you need to previously configure them each one by using their own web interfaces/ssh
What do you mean with that?

Are you thinking of developing the rest of the features?
- Timetable
- Grouping Miners
- Smartmining by watching the Historical Price and NEThashrate of a Coin

Why am i asking?
I am willing to pay(invest) for a good miningdashboard running on Linux, with some organisational features. Your Download server is in DE, are you in DE?

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 06:25:57 PM

Hy,

So Minera takes over the control of the Miner, and directs the Miner to the specified pool in the Dashboard of Minera?

What i don´t understand is this sentence of yours -> this means you need to previously configure them each one by using their own web interfaces/ssh

- Timetable
- Grouping Miners

Why am i asking?
I am willing to pay(invest) for a good miningdashboard running on Linux, with some organisational features. Your Download server is in DE, are you in DE?

Not exactly, Minera for network miners acts only as monitoring and API "manager", the Cgminer software who sends hashes to the pools is still that inside your S7, so the diagram should be: POOL<->ANTMINERS_S7(api_allow etc)<->MINERA(pool config, monitor)

Then each S7 must be configured by "hand", they have a web interface or control panel if you want you can connect to it by http://s7-ip Please read the user guide https://www.bitmaintech.com/files/download/Antminer%20S7%20user%20guide.pdf

For the feature requests, I have a big plan in my mind now and I started coding something. I don't want to speak much about it, but if you can wait a couple of months I think you will find a nice surprise for your mining business Wink

And finally, yes my server is located in Germany now but I'm Italian living in Italy, please drop me a line in pm if you need more.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:46:51 PM

also try this itwprks really well with minera

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611338.0

https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy

and any antminers and you can still use it with minera if you want to for the monitoring part.

mich i have feeling i know what your up to i won't spoil it Smiley.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:30:03 PM

Hy,

- Timetable
- Grouping Miners

Why am i asking?

Not exactly, Minera for network miners acts only as monitoring and API "manager", the Cgminer software who sends hashes to the pools is still that inside your S7, so the diagram should be: POOL<->ANTMINERS_S7(api_allow etc)<->MINERA(pool config, monitor)

Then each S7 must be configured by "hand", they have a web interface or control panel if you want you can connect to it by http://s7-ip Please read the user guide https://www.bitmaintech.com/files/download/Antminer%20S7%20user%20guide.pdf

For the feature requests, I have a big plan in my mind now and I started coding something. I don't want to speak much about it, but if you can wait a couple of months I think you will find a nice surprise for your mining business Wink

And finally, yes my server is located in Germany now but I'm Italian living in Italy, please drop me a line in pm if you need more.

If i understand you right, Minera is a monitoring device, but i can not control (change pooldata, frequency settings, etc...) my networkminers with it, as you describe it....
I know how to setup and how to maintain my S7's  Grin

I like surprises  Cheesy Wink
Ah ok, bella Italia is also nice  Grin

I'll drop you a line from the other side if the boarder  Cool

Zacudis

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:30:51 PM

I was having trouble with my RaspberryPie connecting and running Gridseed Blades, and my Zues miner Blizzards with latest update 0.7.0   The display was not refreshing, the miners were not showing hash, and adds were driving me nutts.  I reinstalled minera several times.  updated my os in the raspberry pie, and some good results but nothing like i was seeing in the forum from other people.

I did a wipe of the sd card, and did a fresh install of RASPBIAN JESSIE, then a fresh install of Minera 0.7.0.   Then updated my settings for wifi on my pie.  All works great and i hope this helps people that are having trouble with there Raspberry pie. 

Look for raspian jesse at the raspberry pie website and of course you can download the Minera software from the Minera site.

The software has been running now for 48 hours nonstop and solid as a rock.  Thank you for your work.  I just wish the adds were not so aggressive its a real turn off.  I already have a hashflare account, a coinbase account.  and i run donation time from my miners.  It would be hard for me to pay to kill the adds on all of my Pie's Cry

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 08:34:19 PM

Hy,

- Timetable
- Grouping Miners

Why am i asking?

If i understand you right, Minera is a monitoring device, but i can not control (change pooldata, frequency settings, etc...) my networkminers with it, as you describe it....
I know how to setup and how to maintain my S7's  Grin

I like surprises  Cheesy Wink
Ah ok, bella Italia is also nice  Grin

I'll drop you a line from the other side if the boarder  Cool

On network devices Minera can control only pools data and only on-the-fly (if you have changed something from Minera and you restart the S7 you lose the changes).

Keep in touch Smiley

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 08:44:55 PM

I was having trouble with my RaspberryPie connecting and running Gridseed Blades, and my Zues miner Blizzards with latest update 0.7.0   The display was not refreshing, the miners were not showing hash, and adds were driving me nutts.  I reinstalled minera several times.  updated my os in the raspberry pie, and some good results but nothing like i was seeing in the forum from other people.

I did a wipe of the sd card, and did a fresh install of RASPBIAN JESSIE, then a fresh install of Minera 0.7.0.   Then updated my settings for wifi on my pie.  All works great and i hope this helps people that are having trouble with there Raspberry pie. 

Look for raspian jesse at the raspberry pie website and of course you can download the Minera software from the Minera site.

The software has been running now for 48 hours nonstop and solid as a rock.  Thank you for your work.  I just wish the adds were not so aggressive its a real turn off.  I already have a hashflare account, a coinbase account.  and i run donation time from my miners.  It would be hard for me to pay to kill the adds on all of my Pie's Cry

I'm glad you solved the issues, I can't understand what you mean with "then a fresh install of Minera 0.7.0" Do you mean you did a "manual" install via install script instead using the image file? Did you try to download the image file again? I changed it a couple of time (once yesterday) due to latest fixes.

I'm sorry for the boring ads but trust me every single satoshi earned will be invested in time dedicated at the project.
I don't know how many systems you have but if you drop me a line in pm we can discuss for discounts for large environment (if interested).

Zacudis

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:52:51 PM

I'm glad you solved the issues, I can't understand what you mean with "then a fresh install of Minera 0.7.0" Do you mean you did a "manual" install via install script instead using the image file? Did you try to download the image file again? I changed it a couple of time (once yesterday) due to latest fixes.

I'm sorry for the boring ads but trust me every single satoshi earned will be invested in time dedicated at the project.
I don't know how many systems you have but if you drop me a line in pm we can discuss for discounts for large environment (if interested).

I down loaded the 0.7.0 image couple days ago, but could not get it all to work right..  then did a whole new manual install with image of raspian jesse and minera 0.7.0  i have been using minera since the beginning I think lol,  when coinbase came out it was an answer to most of my bitcoin trouble, im probably one of your first people to join from your add from minera, and I always donate time.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 11:29:50 AM

looks like I'm stuck with an ad popup and no ad to clic...

Also, my miner stopped working:

error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I had to do

Code:
sudo ln -sf /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libudev.so.0 /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libudev.so.1

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 11:38:53 AM

looks like I'm stuck with an ad popup and no ad to clic...

Also, my miner stopped working:

error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I had to do

Code:
sudo ln -sf /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libudev.so.0 /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libudev.so.1

I need a screenshot of the web developer console like this: https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F15gnwqe.png&t=563&c=v1xUQ46wSqRviw

Then, did you upgrade manually or did you flash your SD card with new image (recommended)?

zOU

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 11:45:49 AM

I did the upgrade using the command line you provided Smiley

I have the same error

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 12:03:55 PM

I have the same error

The problem was an ad-block extension. You should disable it for your Minera websites.

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 12:40:28 AM

I have the same error

The problem was an ad-block extension. You should disable it for your Minera websites.
I tried Minera again.  Same issue here with me.  Got the dialog box with no way out.  Enough for me, I'll go back to a base pi image with cgminer installed.

If you do want to do that Ad thing, why not look into integrating with brave ads?  Otherwise, just do an add free version and force a payment after 7 days.
zOU

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:13:12 AM

I tried Minera again.  Same issue here with me.  Got the dialog box with no way out.  Enough for me, I'll go back to a base pi image with cgminer installed.

If you do want to do that Ad thing, why not look into integrating with brave ads?  Otherwise, just do an add free version and force a payment after 7 days.

disable Adblock on your Pi IP Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: