Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:40:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: <<currently no poll>>

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DIG] DIGIT [X13] |Available For Takeover! |  (Read 78068 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eschmenk

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:57:06 PM

You guys said 'bounties available' but there's literally only 2 bounties.

Huh? I counted 10 bounties for the translations alone.

DOGE: D6LQ9A9XFgxKxwPRJZKocLUgJhWtWNaFcb     ECC: EX5YjWshEuJAed2tdu1ianrwMuP3fCSgsT     EMC2: ENgpQLmP9kLhTKfnEJQgSoJB1FJGKcP7z8
DSF (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:49:22 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 01:11:40 PM by DSF

Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:46:42 AM

The lack of attention this coin gets is interesting to me. I guess people do not realize, that 1000 DIG block rewards will last only a month?
X11 coins get 10 pages no matter how crappy they are. I have been contacted by few of those "coins devs", asking for mac wallets. Most of those devs are complete dumbasses and dont know the first thing about cryptocoins.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
oxgroth

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:16:09 AM

I like this coin and i believe it has future, though as the previous post said about the lack of interest. As long as the dev keeps working actively i believe this can get good momentum. Good coin with future, i`d guess.

❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱          O W N R   W A L L E T      |     Buy crypto at reasonable rates     |     BTC, ETH & other coins          ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱            TWITTER       FACEBOOK          ✔ Licensed service          TELEGRAM   INSTAGRAM            ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
●     Store, send, receive and exchange crypto     |     VISA   ●● mastercard   S€PA   [[[] UnionPay     ●
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:09:21 AM

question about solo-mining : is it still possible ? i'm mining with 700 kh/s and would be competing
against two pools (one pool of 10Mh/s and one pool of 5.6 MH/s). 

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Kergekoin

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:13:41 AM

question about solo-mining : is it still possible ? i'm mining with 700 kh/s and would be competing

Im solo mining as well. Current difficulty is low enough i quess. If difficulty does not go up too much then you should be able to find a your first block at least in 24 hours.  I think even sooner, but it depends on luck as usual. Smiley

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:18:05 AM

Im solo mining as well. Current difficulty is low enough i quess. If difficulty does not go up too much then you should be able to find a your first block at least in 24 hours.  I think even sooner, but it depends on luck as usual. Smiley

thanks for your fast reply, here is hoping for luck to be on our (our solo-miners) side Smiley

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
DSF (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:11:30 PM

Digit block explorer is now available

http://blockexplorer.digitpayment.org/

Bounty for new block explorer has been updated.

totoy

Activity: 623

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:33:46 PM

ill try solo mining this again  Smiley
DSF (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:57:54 PM

OP has been updated with the premine wallet addresses.
As we declared previously, everything that concerns using the premine funds will be kept in logs that are publicly available.
 Even now, anyone can check the wallet's balance through the block explorer, an option which will always be there.

Another important notice,

We are trying to attract more people to using Digit by giving away an entire auction wallet through giveaway campaigns. Our first giveaway is already in progress in our subreddit and the first 100 000 DIG will be distributed there.

With Digit, we chose the more difficult path - creating something different. We concur that community's interest in Digit has been beneath our expectations, but we will continue to do our best trying to build up a good & trustworthy reputation for ourselves. We have a small team that's extremely capable and dedicated, a team that develops Digit using up much of our free time and money. This is not a short-term, quick money or by no means a 'scam' coin, but something we'll work on as a very serious hobby project as we're a passionate, die-hard bunch. With your help, Digit will be one of the staple cryptocoins of the future and we're inviting you to hop on and enjoy the ride.

zulu860

Activity: 196

iseebitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 06:15:52 PM

OP has been updated with the premine wallet addresses.
As we declared previously, everything that concerns using the premine funds will be kept in logs that are publicly available.
 Even now, anyone can check the wallet's balance through the block explorer, an option which will always be there.

Another important notice,

We are trying to attract more people to using Digit by giving away an entire auction wallet through giveaway campaigns. Our first giveaway is already in progress in our subreddit and the first 100 000 DIG will be distributed there.

With Digit, we chose the more difficult path - creating something different. We concur that community's interest in Digit has been beneath our expectations, but we will continue to do our best trying to build up a good & trustworthy reputation for ourselves. We have a small team that's extremely capable and dedicated, a team that develops Digit using up much of our free time and money. This is not a short-term, quick money or by no means a 'scam' coin, but something we'll work on as a very serious hobby project as we're a passionate, die-hard bunch. With your help, Digit will be one of the staple cryptocoins of the future and we're inviting you to hop on and enjoy the ride.

TO THE MOON!!!! GOOD LUCK!

Bitcoins: 157TGFQRUWuBC5pREHcpkXfgCWGrQ9Zti6   iseebitcoins.com
Zimstake: EDEtRKNMUMZrsMCxTKvnz8U2Y84NPQDS2r
Cannabiscoin: CGj3H5AgJKTNeiPCsv2akbQiSSGUjcRjBE
Kergekoin

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:57:32 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 07:13:15 PM by Kergekoin

Well put!

Net hash 240Mhs and rising. Looks like i need to switch from solo to pool now.  Grin

DSF (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:01:27 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 09:12:06 PM by DSF

Wallet links updated. Not mandatory but recommended.
(latest checkpoints, minor tweaks)

Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:22:15 PM

looks good

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
ayta

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:31:51 PM

thanks for the giveaway . i'll try to solo mining . good luck dev.
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:57:04 PM

a pool with dashboard would be nice, more people would mine digit then i think

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
tonk997

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:12:16 PM

What is the total amount of coins that will ever be minted?

I could not find it in the OP.
ayta

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:18:51 PM

you can see in blockexplorer.
mycryptocoin

Activity: 380

Community Manager - Blockchain analyst

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 10:38:49 PM

We're currently redesigning our pool. Is there artwork in form of a coin? (round with transparent background). If not, would be great if there was something like this Smiley

Edit: Found an acceptable image resolution in the source.

Kergekoin

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:48:16 AM

OK. I did have a look at source code earlier. So let me explain a bit how Digit works.

Theoretically the cap is stated in source code:

Code:
 MAX_MONEY = 90000000000 * COIN;

So- 90 billion coins. But i would not take that number seriously, because after 1000 Digit blocks will end, this coin block reward will be driven by difficulty and small time multiplier.
The only chance to easily mine Digit with graphic cards is first 60 000 blocks - which lasts about 1 month from launch. If difficulty does not rise over 200-300 then block reward will drop a lot.
With scrypt coins difficulty of 200 is around 2000 Mhs network hash rate.

Current time multiplier is around 3.x  As an example, lets say that in June, the difficulty will be around 200. Formula for block reward is simply  time multiplier x difficulty. So its 200 x 3.x = ~ 600 DIG.

Heres the catch. Today the highest difficulty was about 4.x  So if Digit difficulty continues to stay very low, then block reward will be only 4.x x 3.x = ~ 12-19 DIG or so. Thats drastical decrease from 1000.

Thats the beauty of this coin. It is meant to swim with the global market demand, but gives the chance to mine yourself nice amount of coins if you are early adopter.  Wink
1 month of 1000 DIG is plenty of time for everyone to mine some Digit to themselves.  I think its fair. Especially considering the huge amount of rapidly mined coins trend. Pretty much 90% of coins which are launched are like 5 days to 2 weeks mining and thats it. Thats not fair to anyone. Thats BS if you ask my opinion.

Considering that monster asics will come in middle of summer, this coin is perfectly timed. Large block rewards will end just before those hit the market and mining will be handed over to Asics.
DSF mentioned that they will set up multipool later. Thats also perfect solution for GPU miners. Everyone will be given a fair change to mine and multipool will give some extra buy pressure to keep Digit price on par with other coins.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: