Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:23:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: <<currently no poll>>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DIG] DIGIT [X13] |Available For Takeover! |  (Read 78068 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:35:07 AM

I really like the idea of this coin. But its character is holding it from hype and quick success. 99% of bitcointalk users only care about quick money and Digit´s difficulty adjusting block reward and long mining period is not motivating them to jump in. Besides, X11 is now a lot more popular than scrypt. What you guys think?

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Kergekoin

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:47:41 AM

Oh btw. Theres tons of results if you google for "bump bitcointalk" thread. Because of this subforum has gotten very active and messy, a lot of coins are artificially pumped by its backers.
Look at the popular topics. They are held on top only by 10-15 people posting over and over and over again.
Is this lame? Yes! Is this effective? Also- Yes!
Unfortunately there is no cure for that. Another reason why Digit topic has less views. Its not pumped in every few minutes.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
lxru9999

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:58:12 AM

预挖1.7亿,矿工60000块也才挖出6000万,要挖41天。作者把矿工当白痴。而且不出钱投票上平台,叫矿工投票。 Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:00:08 PM

I really like the idea of this coin. But its character is holding it from hype and quick success. 99% of bitcointalk users only care about quick money and Digit´s difficulty adjusting block reward and long mining period is not motivating them to jump in. Besides, X11 is now a lot more popular than scrypt. What you guys think?

most noobs dont know the difference between X11 and scrypt so i dont think that DIG being scrypt will have
a negative impact for newcomers.

What worries me (and makes me loose interest in this coin at this point tbh) is this passive waiting on the natural value increase of this coin
before launching any sort of major active promotion campaign. Right now you dont have any products or services you can buy with DIG as
there is no active promotion going on to attract merchants and services .. something that wont likely change in the nearby future with current strategy.

Personally i stopped mining, i just dont see the point in it anymore. I just thought there would be a lot more active promotion going on by now.

qwizzie

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Kergekoin

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:14:49 PM

most noobs dont know the difference between X11 and scrypt so i dont think that DIG being scrypt will have

What worries me (and makes me loose interest in this coin at this point tbh) is this passive waiting on the natural value increase of this coin
before launching any sort of major active promotion campaign. Right now you dont have any products or services you can buy with DIG as
there is no active promotion going on to attract merchants and services .. something that wont likely change in the nearby future with current strategy.

Personally i stopped mining, i just dont see the point in it anymore. I just thought there would be a lot more active promotion going on by now.

qwizzie

What would you propose? They said that theres pretty much nothing they can do at this point, because not enough people havent followed the path. And i agree. There is no point to make another giveaway if even the reddit giveaway is still open because theres not many who want coins for free. They also can not make other bounties because Digit is not in any good exchange yet. No one will care to help until Digit has some value which can be turned in to profit.
The only way i see is to wait or change something which is holding crowd from mining and promoting this coin. And those points are clearly the facts that its scypt, its premined and its mining period is huge 3 years.
Its simply not appealing at the moment. Despite the beautiful technical and fundamental idea and artwork. People simply dont care if theres no quick profit involved.
I know how markets work, because i trade for living for more than 8 years already.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:20:17 PM

qwizzie

What would you propose? They said that theres pretty much nothing they can do at this point, because not enough people havent followed the path. And i agree. There is no point to make another giveaway if even the reddit giveaway is still open because theres not many who want coins for free. They also can not make other bounties because Digit is not in any good exchange yet. No one will care to help until Digit has some value which can be turned in to profit.
The only way i see is to wait or change something which is holding crowd from mining and promoting this coin. And those points are clearly the facts that its scypt, its premined and its mining period is huge 3 years.
Its simply not appealing at the moment. Despite the beautiful technical and fundamental idea and artwork. People simply dont care if theres no quick profit involved.
I know how markets work, because i trade for living for more than 8 years already.

I dont have a solution, in theory i guess the devs could change the algoritme and mining period through hard forks but thats not something they most likely want for this
coin and is in general also not recommended for any coin. I think i will put my DIG on ice for awhile and check back in after a year or something...

qwizzie   

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
smoothdoger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:32:50 AM

The mining reward system is just awful after the first 60k blocks, if the price ever got over one sat the system would flood the market with more coin. it is designed to be perpetually worthless.

The absurd premine and the fact its running script are really going to do serious damage to the coin long term, i really do not see how this program can be salvaged.

Cool name and logo, the rest of the devs ideas straight up suck though

DSF (OP)

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:03:54 AM

Mandatory update!

Please update your Digit client to v1.1.0! Wallet links are updated!

Mining will stop at block 33000.

Digit will undergo changes. Expect good things & stay tuned for new info

elviselvis101

Activity: 573

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:38:21 PM

Is this ok ?
lxru9999

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:39:52 PM

The mining reward system is just awful after the first 60k blocks, if the price ever got over one sat the system would flood the market with more coin. it is designed to be perpetually worthless.

The absurd premine and the fact its running script are really going to do serious damage to the coin long term, i really do not see how this program can be salvaged.

Cool name and logo, the rest of the devs ideas straight up suck though

stevetrac

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:34:11 AM

Mandatory update!

Please update your Digit client to v1.1.0! Wallet links are updated!

Mining will stop at block 33000.

Digit will undergo changes. Expect good things & stay tuned for new info

we should reach block 33000 today so what happen's then, bit slow with the info
DSF (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:59:07 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 10:04:32 AM by DSF

Upcoming changes.

-   No more scrypt. Digit will switch to the X13 algorithm.

-   We have dropped the decision of having premined Digit. (No more premine!)
(* This excludes the compensations that will be sent to all previous Digit supporters after the re-launch. )

-   No coin reward for developers. We work from free will & enthusiasm.

-   Mining window shortened to a one year period.

-   Interest rate boosted for the first year. Interest rate rises more rapidly in general.

-   A new PoW block reward percentage based system for all bounties.

Original Digit supporters will receive a fair compensation of 1:1 (rounded to 1000).
All of the pools that helped us will be rewarded with 10 000 DIG.
Cryptoine.com will also receive 10 000 DIG for being the first exchange.
(Note to the pool and Cryptoine.com admins - please send us your new Digit addresses after the re-launch!)

For all Digit holders: You have one week to send us your signed addresses. Deadline: 2014.05.27 19:00 GMT.

To receive your compensation, here is the detailed info for you:

Please make sure to double-check that you've correctly followed the guide:

1.   Open your Digit wallet and create a new receiving address.
2.   Send all of your Digit to the new address you just created.
3.   Wait until it is confirmed.
CHECK YOUR ADDRESS BALANCE FROM BLOCK EXPLORER: http://blockexplorer.digitpayment.org/chains
4.   Click File -> Sign Message.
5.   Choose your created address (there is a clickable icon at  the right side of the address bar).
6.   Type your forum username in to large box on the center of window (double check for typos!). We may send you a PM to verify after relaunch.
7.   Click sign message (green text „message signed“ will appear on the bottom of the window).
8.   Open your web browser and go to our homepage: http://digitpayment.org, then navigate to the Contact page.
9.   Type in your email. Type „Compensation“ to Subject field.
10.  Provide your Digit address signature info in the message box like this example:
Type in your Digit address signature info: Your Digit receiving address, your bitcointalk username and your Digit signature. Example:  https://i.imgur.com/nx4jhXk.png
11.   Type in the security code and click  „Submit“
12.   Hang on tight as we will contact you for your new receiving address after the re-launch!

Before sending your signed address to us:

Please make sure your signature is valid.

And correct balance is shown on block explorer:

Deadline: 2014.05.27 19:00 GMT

* Each user is allowed to submit only once. Abusing this rule will void your compensation.
            * Your balance, email and username will be kept private.

MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:37:03 PM

When is this happening? Do we carry on mining until block 33000? What will happen then?

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
DSF (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:49:48 PM

When is this happening? Do we carry on mining until block 33000? What will happen then?

PoW blocks will be rejected after 33 000.
Digit holders, please proceed as written in last statement.
Pools can suspend Digit mining after block 33 000. Please hold on for relaunch.
Relaunch will be announced in OP and exact launch time will be given.
All OS wallets and source code will be available to download on launch time!
BillTech

Activity: 296

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:52:48 PM

For all Digit holders: You have one week to send us your signed addresses. Deadline: 2014.05.27 19:00 GMT.

To receive your compensation, here is the detailed info for you:[/b]

1.   Open your Digit wallet and create a new receiving address.
              2.   Send all of your Digit to the new address you just created.
              3.   Wait until its spendable (confirmed).
              4.   Click File -> Sign Message.
              5.   Choose your created address (there is a clickable icon at  the right side of the address bar).
              6.   Type your forum username in to large box on the center of window (double check for typos!). We may send you a PM to verify after relaunch.
              7.   Click sign message (green text „message signed“ will appear on the bottom of the window).
              8.   Open your web browser and go to our homepage: http://digitpayment.org, then navigate to the Contact page.
              9.   Type in your email. Type „Compensation“ to Subject field.
             10.   Provide your Digit address signature info in the message box like this example:
                    Type in your Digit address signature info: Your Digit receiving address, your bitcointalk username and signature. Example:  https://i.imgur.com/nx4jhXk.png

11.   Type in the security code and click  „Submit“
            12.   Hang on tight as we will contact you for your new receiving address after the re-launch!

* Each user is allowed to submit only once. Abusing this rule will void your compensation.
            * Your balance, email and username will be kept private.

hi just followed these directions and used old wallet is that going to be a problem?
DSF (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:09:04 PM

We were able to verify. Please check your PM for conformation.

For everyone else: Please use the latest client!

DSF (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:15:35 PM

All forum signatures have been paid!
Thank you to everyone who participated! You can now remove your Digit address from your signature.

smoothdoger

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:11:26 PM

looking good dev, i like the changes you are planning
carlb007

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 09:14:42 PM

I normally disagree with re-launches but actually think this makes sense. X11 all the way!

For anyone still looking for a pool get your Digits whilst the difficulty is still low (before converting em after relaunch) head over to https://www.minep.it/pool/DIG/ - we have a low .75% fee and have been running Digit since the start Smiley

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 02:58:55 AM

I created a spreadsheet of PoS coins. Please everyone, improve on it.
Proof-of-stake List

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: