Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:52:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: <<currently no poll>>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DIG] DIGIT [X13] |Available For Takeover! |  (Read 78068 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DSF (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:39:04 PM

Updated DIGIT Bounties and Wallet Addresses:

Android Wallet Fund: 25 000 DIG [dYe3i7HJjnenTbAYFp3Vd1Mr9vfsLik2H7]
DIGIT - FIAT exchange (buy/sell Digit with FIAT currencies): 25 000 DIG [dEFWHcCjzcJUx99C5ckZ9dm8FtMWyk6Xxw]
CoinPayments (or some other major payment processor) Fund: 50 000 DIG [dNfpYGdLgxMzMWCDCUbfWEgTqzJE8KsR7J]
Dedicated block explorer with DIGIT custom template: 15 000 DIG [dFZfAqh2QR8i8yxw1gsG93NREvCWy6nUjG]

Github:

Bug fixes: 1 000 - 10 000 DIG
Minor tweaks: 1 000 - 5 000 DIG
Major tweaks: 3 000 - 10 000 DIG
Minor new features: 30 000 - 50 000 DIG
Major new features: 50 000 - 300 000 DIG

TBA:

Windows Mobile Wallet Fund
Iphone Mobile Wallet Fund

DSF Foundation Wallet address  is: [dET9BNYodaSpjZ3suYkn8GNQ5N5T17vtGE].
DSF address for undistributed funds is: [dQVNRMYk6TWy5jqNW18UqJXaNCkD1NxUt6]
DSF address for Github and PR bounties is [dGJpZiYEi5XdDD95L5xqPg3WTh5fnfqoap] This address contains DIGIT purchased from the exchanges.
Bounties will be dependent on the DIGIT market price.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:31:53 PM

Vote for DIG on Poloniex! https://www.poloniex.com/voting
bahu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:03:30 AM

Vote for DIG on Poloniex! https://www.poloniex.com/voting

voted
ppl try to move that coin..
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:25:50 AM

Its rather quiet in this thread, but i look at it as a good thing. Less attention means less coins will be mined in total. That means a potentially higher price point when mining ends in 10 months or so.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:29:11 AM

Its rather quiet in this thread, but i look at it as a good thing. Less attention means less coins will be mined in total. That means a potentially higher price point when mining ends in 10 months or so.

There's not much to talk about at the moment. When the new wallet updates are released there should be much more activity.

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
MineP.it

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:10:50 PM

I've just been made aware that miners weren't receiving their coins from our pool the last couple of days. This should be resolved now. Let me know if anyone thinks they are missing any and I'll look into it.

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:43:46 AM

Man that is considering this coins is still going to be around 10 months from today. Only time will tell.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:20:44 AM

can the Dev or someone else explain to me how is this coin "pump and dump" proof?  Huh
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:50:09 PM

can the Dev or someone else explain to me how is this coin "pump and dump" proof?  Huh

They are referring to the Stability Fund...
That uses 0.5% of the coins or whatever to buy DIG on the open market.

This should be vastly increased to 5% or more along with a multipool...
And the accumulated DIG should be paid out to everyone... kinda like CLAM is doing.

Why not go FULL BORE with these ideas... instead of nibbling around the edges?
Kergekoin

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:59:12 PM

can the Dev or someone else explain to me how is this coin "pump and dump" proof?  Huh

This should vastly increased to 5% or more along with a multipool...
And the DIG should be paid out to everyone... kinda like CLAM is doing.

I think you have lost with a thread. There is no such thing as a stability fund in Digit.
Digit is pump and dump proof simply because how its block reward mechanism is designed. Cant simply buy up the price for enought time in order to create a hype and profit from it. Simply because that would end up with huge block rewards and selling pressure.
In best case you could only create a daily spike in price, but that would be useless since you would not be able to sell your bought DIG  with profit. You would likely end up with a loss instead because miners who mined because high profitability would dump the coin for profit immediately and selling pressure would get even bigger.

^^ This is the reason why its rather quiet in this thread. 99.9% of bitcointalk.org users only care for quick profit. And there is no quick profit in this coin.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:54:41 PM

I think you have lost with a thread. There is no such thing as a stability fund in Digit.
Digit is pump and dump proof simply because how its block reward mechanism is designed. Cant simply buy up the price for enought time in order to create a hype and profit from it. Simply because that would end up with huge block rewards and selling pressure.
In best case you could only create a daily spike in price, but that would be useless since you would not be able to sell your bought DIG  with profit. You would likely end up with a loss instead because miners who mined because high profitability would dump the coin for profit immediately and selling pressure would get even bigger.

^^ This is the reason why its rather quiet in this thread. 99.9% of bitcointalk.org users only care for quick profit. And there is no quick profit in this coin.

But does this mean the price of DIG will never go up? What's the point of buying and holding this coin then?
Kergekoin

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:08:50 PM

But does this mean the price of DIG will never go up? What's the point of buying and holding this coin then?

Whats the point of gambling with other coins? Unless you control enough to dictate the moves, you will lose in long term period.
With Digit there are couple of options.
1. You mine and hold for longer period. This generates significant interest and hopefully you will get a nice bonus for your initial investment.
2. You buy and hold for longer period. The same as above.

Like i said. There are no significant short term profit to gain with this coin.
Im just slowly buying when price goes under and hopefully selling for profit when mining blocks shrink and will be cut off in 10 or so months.

Or maybe... just maybe...

If a small miracle happens and people in this forum actually start realizing that DIG is the most fair coin of them all, then Digit price will surely rise despite of block rewards will rise too.

The block reward multiplier is decreasing nicely. So blocks get smaller every day and a bit by bit.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:47:05 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FAQ #3

What is the total amount of DIG?

Digit proof of work block reward is calculated as follows:
Code:
nSubsidy = falling multiplier * proof of work difficulty * COIN;

The proof of work difficulty can be a minimum of 1 and the multiplier starts from 29.2. After approximately a year (at block 915000) Digit mining will stop.

We are aiming to hit the maximum amount of coins in 10-15 years down the line. 10 Years if the Digit money supply is high and the price of one Digit is low after the mining period. 15 Years, if the Digit money supply is low and the price of one Digit is high after the mining period. 11-14 years, if the Digit money supply and the price of one Digit is neither low or high after the mining period.

Because of Digit’s variable proof of work reward, the amount of maximum coins is impossible to predict at this stage. This is why we will set this goal after Digit mining has ended.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you are saying this block reward formula makes the coin "pump and dump" proof.

I have to give this some thought, but feel free to explain as opposed to complaining about "get rich quick" or whatever...
very, very few coins from the 2013 crop are doing well... and for the 2014 crop competition is 100 times greater.
1024KB

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:53:54 PM

downloaded the new wallet, fired it up annnnd all my digit is gone. any ideas ?
smoothdoger

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:45:16 PM

A few ideas

A: You mined digit when it was a script coin, you missed the relaunch and did not claim your coins and now they are gone for good.
B: You did not backup your wallet.dat file or did not put it back when you used the new wallet
C: The universe has decided to conspire against you
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:44:59 PM

A few ideas

A: You mined digit when it was a script coin, you missed the relaunch and did not claim your coins and now they are gone for good.
B: You did not backup your wallet.dat file or did not put it back when you used the new wallet

if its C ... DO NOT PANIC !!!!!!!!! remember, we are just a lil spot in an ocean of universes .. yr bound to be not the only one who the universe conspires against.
if its B ... use yr backup of yr wallet.dat (assuming you made one) and try to re-index again with option -reindex in the target shortcut.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
1024KB

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:13:51 PM

A few ideas

haha nope its def "A". Stupid fucking algo changes, oh well my own fault.

I can still see all the transactions in my new wallet, but they are all greyed out
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:35:40 AM

If Dev doesn't come up with something innovative, this coin will never be popular. Volume on exchanges is ridiculous  Undecided
MineP.it

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:52:27 AM

If Dev doesn't come up with something innovative, this coin will never be popular. Volume on exchanges is ridiculous  Undecided

Looks like the coin will be delisted from Bittrex tomorrow unless something drastic happens. Big step backwards that Sad

egyptocoin

Activity: 231

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:11:59 PM

Looks like the coin will be delisted from Bittrex tomorrow unless something drastic happens. Big step backwards that Sad

Yeah, how can this be prevented ? I'm not deeply invested in this coin, but if it's going to tank I would like to know. I think it has a future. But we'll see what the devs have to say. We're rooting for you guys.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: