Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:59:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205774 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:58:10 PM

Marco Rubio Is the Anti-Rand Paul on Foreign Policy

Do you remember the time that the interventionist GOP establishment first sounded the alarm bell against Rand Paul? It was March 2010; Paul the inexperienced upstart was running a Tea Party-insurgent campaign against Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's hand-picked home-state candidate to replace the retiring Jim Bunning, and the likes of Dick Cheney were not tolerating any loose talk about cutting military spending and being less eager to take America to war. Former Cheney aide Cesar Conda circulated a galvanizing letter of warning to people affiliated with the Foreign Policy Initiative, including directors William Kristol, Robert Kagan, and Dan Senor. Excerpt:

On foreign policy, GWOT, Gitmo, Afghanistan, Rand Paul is NOT one of us…It is our hope that you can help us get the word out about Rand Paul’s troubling and dangerous views on foreign policy.
Cesar Conda went on to become chief of staff of another insurgent GOP freshman from the Tea Party Class of 2010: Marco Rubio (R-Florida), today's 2016-candidate poster boy.

Rubio and Rand Paul have been frenemies in the Senate; on the friend side, the Cuban-American rather spectacularly quoted Jay-Z and Wiz Khalifa while helping Paul out during the Kentucky senator's epic 2013 filibuster on U.S. drone policy. But where the two have clashed even before November 2010 is on an area where they now share a committee assignment: foreign policy. The battle between the two men has and will continue to be a proxy war for the internal GOP divide over how the U.S. should conduct relations with the rest of the world. Here is a sample of their past clashes:

More...http://reason.com/blog/2015/04/13/marco-rubio-is-the-anti-rand-paul-on-for#.6rcwst:gMvy
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:37:22 AM

There is very little chance of Rand Paul winning the race. Even if he is ahead, the other "mainstream" Republicans such as Bush and Huckabee would gang-up together to defeat him.

Rand Paul is not even close to Ron Paul. I think Mrs Paul may have been having an affair with the pool cleaner. Rand would make a good pool cleaner.

You don't make a good shill so please fuck off.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:41:44 AM

There is very little chance of Rand Paul winning the race. Even if he is ahead, the other "mainstream" Republicans such as Bush and Huckabee would gang-up together to defeat him.

Rand Paul is not even close to Ron Paul. I think Mrs Paul may have been having an affair with the pool cleaner. Rand would make a good pool cleaner.

You don't make a good shill so please fuck off.
The troll is desperate for attention that they're not getting in the speculation sub any longer and their wonderful contribution here is calling Rand a pool cleaner. Undecided Anyways
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:48:07 AM

Bloomberg Poll - Rand in the lead nationally

More interesting questions including poll image, some about Hillary at...http://images.businessweek.com/cms/2015-04-12/Apr-10-2117-BBG-Natl-Poll-Apr-2015-for-methodology-attachment.pdf
More commentary...http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-12/bloomberg-politics-national-poll-rand-paul-jeb-bush-face-primary-obstacles
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 02:09:27 AM

This poll is interesting, it shows Cruz gaining ground and Bush losing it. Rand pretty steady yet no or very little announcement bump. What the media has done for Walker who isn't even running yet is precisely what they did for Cain, Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich and the other frauds back in the 2012 primary.

Raleigh, N.C. – Public Policy Polling's newest survey of the Republican primary for
President in New Hampshire finds Scott Walker in a tier by himself- 24% of voters say
he's their top choice to 14% for Ted Cruz, 12% for Rand Paul, 10% for Jeb Bush, 8%
each for Marco Rubio and Chris Christie, 7% each for Mike Huckabee and Ben Carson,
and 4% for Rick Perry.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_NH_41515.pdf
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:17:28 PM

Kelley Paul Appears on CNN's New Day and talks about her book and responds to questions about Rand having issues w/ women, again. Roll Eyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=360&v=KQc0EWB5iK4
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:23:21 PM

Rush Limbaugh: Rand Paul has done something no other Republican has done before - flipping the abortion issue around on liberals when questioned after his NH speech.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=113&v=rwIKjK1n8Ak
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 06:08:42 PM

Kelley Paul: ‘I’m going to work hard to elect Rand Paul’

BEDFORD, New Hampshire – The first-in-the-nation primary state received a visit from a potential first lady Wednesday.

Kelley Paul, the wife of Republican presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul, received a warm welcome from a crowd of mostly women in a private home where she stopped to promote her new book,“True and Constant Friends.” “I want to support Rand however I can,” Kelley told msnbc, adding, “I think that we need some new leadership, so I’m going to work hard to elect Rand Paul.”

Kelley said her role in the campaign is to support her husband and the rest of their family as they “juggle travel and a lot of demands” on their time. “I see myself giving some more speeches probably, helping with some of his messaging.”

The Kentucky senator’s wife is a former political consultant and will play a larger role in this campaign than her mother-in-law, Carol – the wife of three-time presidential candidate Ron Paul – ever did. “I think the Ron Paul campaign lost out by not using Carol more, early and often. Because once she started kind of putting herself out there, people absolutely loved ‘Luvie,’ as we call her. I would have liked to see more of her in Ron’s campaign.”

More...http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/kelley-paul-im-going-work-hard-elect-rand-paul
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 06:12:41 PM

Rand Paul stands out in packed GOP field, analysts say

Standing out among the giant field of potential GOP candidates is tough, but Sen. Rand Paul will likely have an easier time of it than the others when they descend on New Hampshire this week.

Mr. Paul’s more restrained foreign policy is likely to take hits from a number of his potential fellow candidates at the sold out “Republican Leadership Summit,” which will attract 19 GOP hopefuls to Nashua on Friday and Saturday — including a host of pointed critics of the Kentucky senator’s stance.

“Although he comes from a very different ideological perspective, in may respects he shares Obama’s perspective on foreign policy, where he thinks Americans presence in the world is provocative,” said John Bolton, the former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. (and neocon of the highest order), who is slated to speak. “You never know where he is going to come out on a national security issues because I think his principles are at odds with his ambition.”

More...http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/15/paul-stands-out-in-packed-gop-field-analysts-say/#ixzz3XUk1Z6O3
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:37:50 PM

Fox News: JC Watts on his support of Rand Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crLuJGeHOvA

This is one of the first black republican congressmen and he's well known throughout the party especially in the social conservative and tea party grassroots elements, so this guy speaking on behalf of Rand is definitely a positive for us. His support will Rand to these people as the media attempts to set up false narratives to drive these people from Rand.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:54:43 AM

Paul-Wasserman Schultz Debate ‘Might Be a Hinge Point in Abortion Politics’

The Thursday panel of FNC’s Special Report with Bret Baier took on the late-term abortion debate between Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul and Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz and included The Weekly Standard’s Steve Hayes declaring that it could represent a possible “hinge point in abortion politics.”

After The Hill’s A.B. Stoddard praised the way Paul has addressed the issue and admitted that the topic of late-term abortion is “probably a winning issue” for the GOP, host Bret Baier asked Hayes if Wasserman Schultz’s recent comments are “politically selling.”

Hayes responded by explaining how the liberal Congresswoman’s comments were “unwise” and that “this might be a hinge point in abortion politics” with Paul’s framing of the debate being “absolutely brilliant”:

He reframed the issue and suggested that journalists go to Democrats and ask the question. Now, I think it’s unfortunate that Rand Paul has to do that. You would think that journalists might ask this question on their own, but they don't and I don't think it's occurred to any mainstream journalists to ask this question in the last two decades[.]
With the way that Paul has “reframed” the issue of abortion, Hayes added that it could lead to an overwhelming victory in favor of Republicans as well as put Hillary Clinton on the defensive:

I think, not only did Rand Paul flip the question and maybe change the way that we’re going to talk about late term abortions, but it could be a model for other issues and if you look at what Hillary Clinton has done, she refused to answer a question from my colleague John McCormack at The Weekly Standard who went to her spokespeople and said, this is a very simple question. This is what Debbie Wasserman Schultz said. What do you say? She won't answer.

More and video which I saw live earlier tonight...http://newsbusters.org/blogs/curtis-houck/2015/04/16/steve-hayes-paul-wasserman-schultz-debate-might-be-hinge-point

I was almost blown away that this neocon show went ahead and gave Rand the kudos on this flipping of the abortion issue on the liberals, Charles Krautghammer was the other neocon panelist that didn't say anything during the segment and this was refreshing. Yall, check it out just a few extra minutes.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:56:50 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 03:16:26 AM by Chef Ramsay

^If you knew and have witnessed how Fox works with their prime time shows, you'd be surprised that this was discussed and Rand was the beneficiary of the nicey talk about the whole subject on this neocon show. I could go on but this is it for now..
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:52:11 PM

Is This Former Democrat, Rand Paul’s OTHER Secret Weapon?

Last week the media went out of their way to portray Senator Rand Paul’s beautiful wife Kelley as his “secret weapon.” But if Kelley is the Army, then this next guy is the Marines.

Attorney Ashley Bell has a long history of public service as a Democrat. But that changed when in 2010 he left the Democratic Party and joined the Republicans. Tired of all the big spending politicians of the left, Bell joined the fight for limited government just as a certain Tea Party politician started making waves in Kentucky. Bell’s endorsement of Senator Rand Paul may come as a shock to some, but for Bell, he’s always been a stalwart conservative in his heart.

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/is-this-former-democrat-rand-pauls-other-secret-weapon-podcast/#ixzz3Xb8ZgceT
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:58:43 PM

Rand Paul, not Scott Walker, does the best against Hillary Clinton in Wisconsin

Rand Paul is the best-performing Republican against Hillary Clinton in a head-to-head matchup in Wisconsin, according to a poll released yesterday from Marquette University.

This goes against the conventional wisdom that argues Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, who has won three statewide elections in five years, would do the best.

Here are the results of the head to head matchups tested in the poll:

Clinton 49 – Paul 41

Clinton 49 – Jeb Bush 38

Clinton 52 – Walker 40

Clinton 50 – Marco Rubio 38

Clinton 52 – Ted Cruz 36

http://rare.us/story/rand-paul-not-scott-walker-does-the-best-against-hillary-clinton-in-wisconsin/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:14:32 PM

Rand Paul Scraps with Bush, Rubio, and Graham — on Policy if Not by Name

NASHUA, N.H. -- Republican-on-Republican brawling broke out during Kentucky Senator Rand Paul's speech to the First in the Nation summit. Seventeen minutes in, as Paul discussed his Senate fights against threats to due process, he said that "the loudest critics of me" had engaged in an outrageous debate.

"One of them said, well, 'When they ask for a lawyer, just tell them to shut up,'" said Paul. "Really? That's the kind of discourse we're going to have in this country?"

He was referring to, but not naming, South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, who would speak to the summit several hours later. In 2011, Graham found himself debating Paul on whether enemy combatants — not American citizens — should be read their Miranda rights. "You don't get a lawyer," Graham had continued. "You're an enemy combatant."

Not for the first time, Paul was telling Republican voters that his critics had been debunked and discredited. Standing next to a lectern, wearing jeans, a button-down white shirt, and a red tie, Paul warned that there was "a group of folks in our party who would have troops in six countries right now, maybe more" and "a group of folks in our party who voted to give arms to Gaddafi." They talked tough on terrorism, but they had no idea what the consequences of their votes were.

More...http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-18/rand-paul-scraps-with-bush-rubio-and-graham-on-policy-if-not-by-name
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:22:38 PM

Rand Paul Scraps with Bush, Rubio, and Graham — on Policy if Not by Name

NASHUA, N.H. -- Republican-on-Republican brawling broke out during Kentucky Senator Rand Paul's speech to the First in the Nation summit. Seventeen minutes in, as Paul discussed his Senate fights against threats to due process, he said that "the loudest critics of me" had engaged in an outrageous debate.

"One of them said, well, 'When they ask for a lawyer, just tell them to shut up,'" said Paul. "Really? That's the kind of discourse we're going to have in this country?"

He was referring to, but not naming, South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, who would speak to the summit several hours later. In 2011, Graham found himself debating Paul on whether enemy combatants — not American citizens — should be read their Miranda rights. "You don't get a lawyer," Graham had continued. "You're an enemy combatant."

Not for the first time, Paul was telling Republican voters that his critics had been debunked and discredited. Standing next to a lectern, wearing jeans, a button-down white shirt, and a red tie, Paul warned that there was "a group of folks in our party who would have troops in six countries right now, maybe more" and "a group of folks in our party who voted to give arms to Gaddafi." They talked tough on terrorism, but they had no idea what the consequences of their votes were.

More...http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-18/rand-paul-scraps-with-bush-rubio-and-graham-on-policy-if-not-by-name

Lindsey Graham is a traitor to the USA as is Billary Clinton as is Barry Soetoro as is the Bush Family. All should be in prison.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:12:53 AM

Fox News: Rand Paul says secret scandal will wreck Hillary's campaign - and my guess it has to do with 'orgy island' - the whole thing w/ Bill and one of the Princes of the UK hanging out w/o underage prostitutes or sex slaves at that rich guys crib down in the Caribbean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f_6eKHVpKo
relatively short segment of discussion
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:15:50 AM

Rand Paul slams GOP foreign policy hawks

NASHUA, N.H.—Rand Paul ripped into his hawkish rivals for the Republican nomination Saturday, suggesting that problems in the Middle East would actually be worse under them than President Barack Obama.

“There’s a group of folks in our party who would have troops in six countries right now — maybe more,” the Kentucky senator told hundreds of activists at a GOP cattle call that has drawn every major presidential aspirant. “This is something, if you watch closely, that will separate me from many other Republicans. The other Republicans will criticize Hillary Clinton and the president for their foreign policy, but they would have done the same thing – just 10 times over!”

The Kentucky senator went on the offensive against the militarists in his own party – using his strongest language on the subject since formally kicking off his candidacy two weeks ago.

Speaking of the 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Paul asked: “Why the hell did we ever go into Libya in the first place?”

More...http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/rand-paul-slams-gop-hawks-117107.html
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:16:45 AM

Fox News: Rand Paul says secret scandal will wreck Hillary's campaign - and my guess it has to do with 'orgy island' - the whole thing w/ Bill and one of the Princes of the UK hanging out w/o underage prostitutes or sex slaves at that rich guys crib down in the Caribbean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f_6eKHVpKo
relatively short segment of discussion

Or her not-so-secret secret lesbian lovers.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/exclusive-hillary-clinton-lesbian-lovers-named-secret-emails

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:26:11 AM

Rand Paul’s Brother: “No Difference” Between Rand And My Dad On Ideology

Rand Paul’s Brother: “No Difference”

“The difference is purely in implementation. If you had a philosophical discussion on what the world should look like, there would be no difference.”

Rand Paul’s brother says that when it comes to ideology, there’s “no difference” between his brother, the Kentucky senator and Republican presidential candidate, and his father, the former congressman and three-time presidential candidate.

Ronnie Paul, the eldest son of the former congressman and sometimes-surrogate for his brother, was speaking with libertarian podcaster Israel Anderson. He said that both his brother and father held the same beliefs, there’s just a difference in the implementation of how to get there.

“The difference is purely in implementation,” Paul’s eldest son said. “If you had a philosophical discussion on what the world should look like, there would be no difference.”

As he runs for president, Rand Paul faces the task of both appealing to a broader set of mainstream Republican primary voters, while maintaining enough credibility with the vast Paul family libertarian network to get those people to the polls in early states.

Over the last year, he has sharpened his rhetoric on defense and terrorism. He signed Sen. Tom Cotton’s letter about a potential Iran nuclear deal and recently proposed increasing defense spending, though the increase was offset by other cuts. Last summer, he supported intervention against ISIS, and said, in his presidential announcement speech, “the enemy is radical Islam, you can’t get around it.” When he was a surrogate for his dad in 2007 and 2008 the Kentucky senator often spoke of American interventionism as a cause of terrorism and the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

“Basically, if we’re both going the same place you may have a favorite way to get there and I may have a little different way to get there. We both are going to the same place and I can’t even say that your way maybe is better than my way, you know, we can debate all day long which way is the best way,” said Ronnie Paul in the recent interview.

“So they’ve taken different paths. Do you take little pieces at a time, do you try for the whole thing at one time? You know, there’s all different debate on how do you get to ultimately limited government, a pro-American defense foreign policy and Bill of rights, individual liberties for the people at home.”

Ronnie Paul added in a philosophical discussion on ideology there “would be no difference” between his dad and brother and “the end goal without a doubt is the same.”

Audio as well w/ Ronnie the bro...http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/rand-pauls-brother-no-difference-between-rand-and-my-dad-on#.cnpdOWzD9
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: