Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:18:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205774 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 10:42:29 PM

Rand Paul: Iraq War Architects Shouldn’t Get To Keep Going On Sunday Shows
“History has already begun to harshly judge those who made this country’s decisions after 9/11,” Paul writes in his forthcoming book.

Republican Sen. Rand Paul writes in his forthcoming book that it is troublesome that those who planned the Iraq War are still invited on Sunday morning political talk shows to give their opinions.

“Let’s take for example the war in Iraq,” writes Paul. “Unlike Mrs. Clinton, had I been senator at the time of the Iraq War, I would have never voted for it, and it troubles me that we were sold the war on false pretense.”

“It’s also bothersome that the mainstream media continues to invite the architects of the Iraq invasion on to share their opinions on Sunday morning shows,” he adds. “History has already begun to harshly judge those who made this country’s decisions after 9/11.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/rand-paul-iraq-war-architects-shouldnt-get-to-keep-going-on#.nm2LKNB3w
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 10:46:08 PM

Outside Independence Hall, Rand Paul Calls On Obama To End NSA Program

PHILADELPHIA — Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul traveled to the birthplace of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution on Monday to call on President Obama to end the NSA’s program that collects bulk phone record data of American citizens.

“Here in front of Independence Hall, I call for the president to obey the law,” the Kentucky senator said in an afternoon press conference, surrounded by supporters with campaign signs. “The court said last week that it is illegal to collect all of your phone records, all of the time, without a warrant with your name on it. I call on the president today to immediately end the bulk collection of our phone records.”

On the Independence Mall at the corner of 5th and Market Streets, Paul railed against the NSA’s program: “I don’t know anyone named Mr. Verizon. That is not a valid warrant. That is a general warrant. And that’s what we fought the revolution over. Our Founding Fathers would be appalled to know that we are writing one single warrant and collecting everyone’s phone records all the time.”

Asked whether he will filibuster the upcoming vote on the extension of the Patriot Act, which the NSA uses to carry out the bulk collection program, Paul replied: “I will do everything possible. The rules are tricky in the Senate, so I don’t know what I can promise. But we will do everything possible, including filibustering the Patriot Act, to stop that.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/18/outside-independence-hall-rand-paul-calls-on-obama-to-end-nsa-program/
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:21:36 AM

Sen. Rand Paul Releases Third Edition of ‘The Waste Report’
Uncovers Thousands of Dollars of Waste in the U.S. Department of Education

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Rand Paul today released the third edition to ‘The Waste Report,’ which is an ongoing project highlighting egregious examples of waste within the U.S. government.

The third edition of the ‘The Waste Report’ exposes thousands of dollars of waste in the U.S. Department of Education. In the coming weeks, the U.S. Department of Education will offer a multi-day writing course designed to teach twenty of their employees how to write an e-mail in the workplace.
‘The Waste Report’ can be found HERE or below.

U.S. Department of Education - $240/Hour E-mail Class

It is on your computer, it is on your phone. From sharing recipes to writing serious communication; email has become a part of everyday life. In fact Jacob Morgan of Forbes declared in a 2013 article, “Everyone has an email account.”[1]

Perhaps this is why earlier this month, the U.S. Department of Education (Dep. of Ed), of all federal agencies, awarded a contract (at about $240 per hour) for an “Email Writing Course” to be given to twenty of their employees (in two cohorts).[2][3] According to the solicitation, participants should come away knowing things like, “when to write an email,” and the “[p]roper tone and etiquette,” of an email.[4] Keep in mind; these are not students, but federal workers at the Dep. of Ed’s Headquarters in Washington, D.C.

As pervasive as email is, one would expect this course to be a simple one or two hour “tune-up” on writing skills. Instead the Dep. of Ed, is asking for a two to three DAY course. Even some prospective venders were skeptical of the time requirement. In an addendum to the original solicitation, the Dep. of Ed. responded to vender questions, including one that rightly asked how many hours of training was expected for each session. The response was shocking, “The Department anticipates that these days will be full days of training.” Another asked if the two to three day requirement is meant to provide for both cohorts (which would be somewhat more reasonable). The response, “The requirement is for 2 separate offerings of a 2-day or 3-day course.”[5]

http://www.paul.senate.gov/about-rand/issues/the-waste-report-waste-in-the-us-government-

Good for Rand bringing attention to obvious waste. If more people knew the real details, it would be much easier to elect genuine fiscal conservatives.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:28:11 AM

snip

Good for Rand bringing attention to obvious waste. If more people knew the real details, it would be much easier to elect genuine fiscal conservatives.
And this is just another segment of larger amounts of waste that Rand has been portraying on a regular basis and I post it here when I see it just to spread the word. Sadly, it's really hard for real fiscal conservatives/libertarians et al to win primaries when the big money goes to the insider spender incumbents especially in US Senate races unless someone is retiring, same for House races. The more of us that are awakened and take action by donating, spreading the word, becoming delegates and pushing social media on the low, the better off we'll be. And, then there's bitcoin which will help the future as the economy goes down and more rational visionaries w/ free market principles get wealthier - most of us being younger and all.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:08:37 PM

PHOTOS: Rand Paul in Burlington (Iowa)

Photographer commentary:  One of the more interesting events was the Fairfield event, as it is where the transcendental meditation school is, and went heavily for Ron Paul in the last 2 election cycles. I think Rand did very well with the audience there at that event, as well as the other audiences he spoke to throughout Iowa. It was a lot of fun being able to photograph him on the campaign trail again.

You can find more than 30 photos from the Burlington meet & greet here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gageskidmore/sets/72157652992912162
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

You can find nearly 50 photos from the Fairfield rally here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gageskidmore/sets/72157650691775964
+ video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx9BghbWiRU&feature=youtu.be
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:14:08 PM

You can find more than 30 photos from the Oskaloosa meet & greet here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gageskidmore/sets/72157653037217775
These are pretty interesting as the venue has this old school movie theme to it.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:28:48 PM

You can find more than 200 photos from the entire GOP Lincoln dinner (IA) here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gageskidmore/sets/72157653007215956
These are of all the GOP candidates present.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:53:36 AM

Rand Paul filed Audit the Fed as amendment to Trade Promotion Authority bill

Plenty to Navigate to Get ‘Fast Track’ Through Senate

The pathway to Senate passage of legislation to restore “fast-track” authority for trade authority is full of obstacles, and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wants to avoid any more.

And later Tuesday, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., filed an amendment to the trade bill that could further complicate the plans of Hatch and McConnell if he seeks a vote.

Paul has filed his Federal Reserve transparency measure, which is always one of the more contentious items on Capitol Hill. The amendment would direct the Government Accountability Office to conduct a full audit of the Fed within a year of enactment. The amendment also would direct the comptroller general to audit home loan files from 2009 and 2010 involved in enforcement actions.

More...http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/plenty-to-navigate-to-get-fast-track-through-senate/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:58:57 AM

Rand Paul: 'Whatever it takes to stop' Patriot Act re-authorization

Washington (CNN)Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, said he will do "everything humanly possible" to keep the Senate from reauthorizing the Patriot Act.

The GOP presidential candidate said in an interview with CNN's Alisyn Camerota that aired Tuesday on "New Day" that he will try to filibuster a reauthorization of Section 215 of the Patriot Act, which spawned the National Security Agency's collection of millions of Americans' phone records.

A handful of powerful Senate Republicans are pushing to reauthorize the Patriot Act without any reforms. Others in the Senate are pushing the USA Freedom Act, which would reform the Patriot Act's Section 215 and effectively end bulk data collection. The House quickly passed that bill last week.

But Paul and other privacy hawks want more reforms than those included in that bill, and Paul is calling for the end of that section of the Patriot Act, which is set to sunset at the end of the month.

More...http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/19/politics/rand-paul-patriot-act-filibuster/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:17:08 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 03:28:42 AM by Chef Ramsay

A Quote That May Come Back to Haunt Rand Paul

When Senator Rand Paul (R., Ky.) induced an abortion-related gaffe from Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, pro-life activists hailed him as one of their most effective messengers in presidential politics — but he doesn’t intend to build his 2016 campaign around such fights.
admitting
Rand owned her and by consequence the entire abortion debate from a long time ago but still they go on with their shit... in their portrayal.

“I didn’t run for office because of the social issues,” Paul said Monday during a question-and-answer session with conservative-radio host Dom Giordano at the Constitution Center in Philadelphia. “It wasn’t what got me to leave my practice. I ran for office mainly because I became concerned that we were going to destroy the country with debt. That we would borrow so much money that we would just destroy the currency . . . There’s also a chance that we get so far overdrawn that we have a calamity. In 2008, we were very close to a calamity.”

The exchange began when Giordano asked if, in light of the House passage of the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, abortion should be “handled” at the state level or at the federal level under the Fourteenth Amendment.

“I think best by the states,” Paul replied. “I think the question that still divides us, and it’s a difficult question, is when does life begin . . . I’m an ophthalmologist and I see one and two-pound babies in the neonatal nursery. I look into their eyes and I try to prevent a form of blindness that is now preventable. And everybody agrees that that one-pound baby has rights. If someone were to try to hurt that one-pound baby in the neonatal nursery, it’s a problem, that baby has rights. But we — I think somewhat inconsistently — say that a seven-pound baby, at birth or just before birth, has no rights.”

htxp://www.nationalreview.com/corner/418599/quote-may-come-back-haunt-rand-paul-joel-gehrke

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/418599/quote-may-come-back-haunt-rand-paul-joel-gehrke

Says this neocon rag that's trying to exploit this where nothing is really there. Fiscals trump socials esp when the social comment/stance isn't a complete negative. Turning a total positive of fiscal conservatism against those that are in it only for social conism is typical of the neocons that only care about foreign policy hawkism just to obfuscate the big picture. The post is there but I left the link to you if you want to reward these kinds w/ your grace by taking the extra step.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:35:46 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 09:38:40 PM by Chef Ramsay

Rand Paul Makes Curious Abortion Comment That May Make Some Pro-Life Voters Nervous

There is no doubt that Kentucky Senator Rand Paul is pro-life on the issue of abortion, but he has made some curious remarks over the years about may make some pro-life voters doubt how fervently pro-life he really is.

In comments to the press on Monday, Paul said he didn’t enter politics to take on abortion but, rather, was more interested in tackling the national debt. The Daily Caller has a transcript about what Paul said when asked whether he would go out of his way to talk about abortion during the presidential campaign nd if he thought abortion should be handled by the states or federal government.

The comments come after Paul did a remarkable job turning a media question about abortion on its head by asking if Democrats would support aborting a 7 pound baby.

“You know … I will answer the question as honestly as I can,” Paul replied. “I didn’t run for office because of this issue. It wasn’t what got me to leave my practice. And I ran for office mainly because I became concerned that we’re going to destroy the country with debt. That we would borrow so much money that we would just destroy the currency.”

“I think best by the states,” Paul replied.

More...http://www.lifenews.com/2015/05/19/rand-paul-makes-curious-abortion-comment-that-may-make-some-pro-life-voters-nervous/

Rand answered this in that the big issue is the fiscal destruction of this country and not the paramount of abortion or other social issues and now they're trying to strike a wedge between social conservatives and fiscals. You won't get social w/o the fiscal at this point. It's all meant to purge him of any evangelical/socon support and throwing that elsewhere to keep him down or so. And duh, the debt and the finances are what make the socials a sideshow at this point and that is likely what he's trying to convey here. But they keep propagandizing.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:03:03 PM

Rand Paul interview at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia - town hall style hosted by Dom Giordano from WPHT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=484&v=U7rzGvPb0x0
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:30:26 PM

Rand Paul’s lonely NSA filibuster

Live on the Senate floor right now and on CSPAN

---

Sen. Rand Paul announced Wednesday afternoon he’s attempting to filibuster the extension of the Patriot Act, vowing to use all his legislative powers to try to end the snooping law.

The Kentucky Republican’s speech, which began at 1:18 p.m., is not technically holding up any legislation because the Senate is actually currently debating a trade bill, but Mr. Paul said his move was a filibuster nonetheless, as he vowed to hold the floor until he couldn’t go any longer.

“It’s time to end the NSA spying,” his official Twitter account said in a post at 1:36 p.m., as he was on the floor.

Mr. Paul is waging a lonely fight, demanding that the government stop snooping without probable cause or a warrant. That’s a step beyond even some of his other erstwhile civil libertarian allies who want to curtail the Patriot Act’s bulk collection, but would still allow government agents to go after the records of individuals without first seeking a warrant.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/20/rand-paul-filibusters-against-patriot-act-nsa-snoo/#ixzz3aiUkoLjC

#StandWithRand
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:07:50 PM

On Wednesday afternoon Kentucky senator Rand Paul, a Republican presidential candidate, began what he's calling a filibuster of the Senate's renewal of the PATRIOT Act.

Watch his speech live at C-SPAN's website.

Paul is in opposition to Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell, another Kentucky Republican who is supporting Paul's bid for president. McConnell supports the renewal of the PATRIOT Act and its provisions on surveillance of terrorist suspects.

This isn't the libertarian Republican's first stab at a long, uninterrupted speech on the Senate floor. In March 2013, Paul engaged in a filibuster of the nomination of John Brennan to the top post at the CIA in proest of the practice of drone strikes on American civilians who were engaging in acts with known terror groups overseas.

More...http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/rand-paul-begins-filibuster-patriot-act-renewal_951500.html
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:33:31 PM

JUSTICE: NSA MAY HAVE TO WIND DOWN BULK COLLECTION THIS WEEK

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Justice Department warned lawmakers that the National Security Agency will have to begin winding down its bulk collection of Americans' phone records by the end of the week if Congress fails to reauthorize the Patriot Act.

Faced with the expiration of the law on June 1 and uncertainty on Capitol Hill, the department circulated a memo on Wednesday that described the powers that will lapse and the actions NSA will have to take in advance to avoid legal challenges.

The House overwhelmingly passed a bill to end the bulk collection and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has said the Senate will act on the issue before beginning a Memorial Day recess scheduled for week's end.

Final congressional approval before the deadline is no certainty, though. Controversy surrounding the issue flared in the Senate when Sen. Rand Paul, a Kentucky Republican and 2016 presidential candidate, plunged into a lengthy speech declaring the Patriot Act unconstitutional and opposing renewal of the program.

"I will not let the Patriot Act, the most un-Patriotic of acts, go unchallenged," Paul said as he commandeered the floor.

Officials said it was possible the White House contender would hold sway until midnight or later, but his office offered no word on his plans after he started speaking at 1:18 p.m. EDT. Paul's campaign sent out a fundraising appeal while his longstanding opposition to bulk collection, a pillar of his campaign, stirred social media.

The issue has divided Republicans and Democrats, cutting across party lines and pitting civil libertarians concerned about privacy against more hawkish lawmakers fearful about losing tools to combat terrorism.

Among the other Republicans eyeing the White House, Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina favor extending the program while Ted Cruz of Texas supports a version of the House bill.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NSA_SURVEILLANCE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-05-20-15-08-36
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:16:19 PM

---

Sen. Rand Paul announced Wednesday afternoon he’s attempting to filibuster the extension of the Patriot Act, vowing to use all his legislative powers to try to end the snooping law.

The Kentucky Republican’s speech, which began at 1:18 p.m., is not technically holding up any legislation because the Senate is actually currently debating a trade bill, but Mr. Paul said his move was a filibuster nonetheless, as he vowed to hold the floor until he couldn’t go any longer.

“It’s time to end the NSA spying,” his official Twitter account said in a post at 1:36 p.m., as he was on the floor.

Mr. Paul is waging a lonely fight, demanding that the government stop snooping without probable cause or a warrant. That’s a step beyond even some of his other erstwhile civil libertarian allies who want to curtail the Patriot Act’s bulk collection, but would still allow government agents to go after the records of individuals without first seeking a warrant.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/20/rand-paul-filibusters-against-patriot-act-nsa-snoo/#ixzz3aiUkoLjC

#StandWithRand

Calling this a "lonely fight" is a benchmark for how far off target we are.
Many of our country's founding fathers would want to have almost the entire congress charged with treason, or they would take the direct approach and grab some tar and feathers:

How can so much Gov't power be accepted so easily?

funtotry

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Ever wanted to run your own casino? PM me for info

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:34:31 AM

---

#StandWithRand
Hes not lonely! I support him as well. I'm sure most of america does as well.
Most limited government voters should probably support him as well. /r/politics is blowing up right now over that, Rand has 4 of the top posts right now, hopefully Rand won't be hidden like his dad was.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:15:41 AM

---

#StandWithRand
Most limited government voters should probably support him as well. /r/politics is blowing up right now over that, Rand has 4 of the top posts right now, hopefully Rand won't be hidden like his dad was.
I'm with your salient points bro but Rand did such a great job today/night and am glad that you support him over his pursuit of busting up the NSA's bulk collection concept.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:20:58 AM

---

#StandWithRand
[/quote
I twittered Sen. Cruz and was wondering where he was about an hr ago. And just like that, he appeared and helped Rand close out the show on the Senate floor tonight. It was just that Cruz and Lee (Senators) were supportin the House's Freedom Act rather than but in collusion of Rand's total point of the whole Patriot Act reprisal at this point.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: