Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:02:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205766 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:38:12 PM

most politicians are lawyers. they're mostly men too.. i don't like the fact that our ruling class is so monolithic. would be nice if we could limit the amount of lawyers that hold office.. since they aren't experts in other areas of society that are important, like technology and energy.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:47:53 AM

most politicians are lawyers. they're mostly men too.. i don't like the fact that our ruling class is so monolithic. would be nice if we could limit the amount of lawyers that hold office.. since they aren't experts in other areas of society that are important, like technology and energy.
In order to run for these kinds of seats you need to have friends w/ money or an outfit you serve that has money. It's tough for the likes of Justin Amash and Thomas Massie unless you have a national following via the Ron Paul days. Rand Paul is trying to build on that but even some of those that he endorses don't make it because they have heavy special interest money going against their guys at times.
beetcoin

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:49:42 AM

In order to run for these kinds of seats you need to have friends w/ money or an outfit you serve that has money. It's tough for the likes of Justin Amash and Thomas Massie unless you have a national following via the Ron Paul days. Rand Paul is trying to build on that but even some of those that he endorses don't make it because they have heavy special interest money going against their guys at times.

we'll know more about rand paul and how much he wants to change things. if he accepts millions from unnamed sources, we'll know he will have sold out. basically, if he wins the primaries it means he will have sold himself.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:05:52 AM

we'll know more about rand paul and how much he wants to change things. if he accepts millions from unnamed sources, we'll know he will have sold out. basically, if he wins the primaries it means he will have sold himself.

We'll know a lot after is mandatory visit to Israel demonstrate the requisite servility to whatever likudnick he meets.  All dempublicans are required to do so these days.  If he gets the thumbs up from the media after putting a check-mark in that box it will be meaningful.  Just as was the case with Obama.

If, OTOH, he gets the Howard Dean treatment it will mean something else.  Among the things it will mean, unfortunately, is that he doesn't have a chance except in very unusual circumstances.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
beetcoin

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:07:38 AM

We'll know a lot after is mandatory visit to Israel demonstrate the requisite servility to whatever likudnick he meets.  All dempublicans are required to do so these days.  If he gets the thumbs up from the media after putting a check-mark in that box it will be meaningful.  Just as was the case with Obama.

If, OTOH, he gets the Howard Dean treatment it will mean something else.  Among the things it will mean, unfortunately, is that he doesn't have a chance except in very unusual circumstances.

i don't know how the machine is all set up, but it's crazy to think how israel has us held under such big time wraps. they are like the littlefinger of international politics.. no one thinks they have much sway, but in the background they do have a lot.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:26:47 AM

i don't know how the machine is all set up, but it's crazy to think how israel has us held under such big time wraps. they are like the littlefinger of international politics.. no one thinks they have much sway, but in the background they do have a lot.

Everyone has a 'right' (of sorts) to look out for their national security.  More and more in the case of Israel that security is predicated on leveraging American muscle.  I don't really hold it against the state of Israel that they use every mechanism at their disposal to strengthen this aspect of their national security.  By the same token, I think it unwise to continue to fill their lake behind our dam (e.g., doing shitty things to their neighbors.)  If the dam breaks I'll have limited sympathy for their plight.

I very much hold it against our own politicians who allow themselves to be influenced by lobbying muscle, and that is 10x the case when the lobbying muscle is from a foreign nation.  Especially when it results in actions which are against the interest of the U.S.

Clinton has been rimming the Israelis since she was First Lady.  She is one of the few who probably would not be required to show up in Tel Aviv in primary season.  I voted for Obama over her in 2008, but it was mostly a vote against Clinton, and very specifically for the aformentioned reason.  To the extent that I had any hope for Obama it was mostly because I figured his mom was an interesting person and independent thinker and thought maybe it would have rubbed of a bit.  Nope.  Oh well.  I didn't repeat that mistake in 2012.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
beetcoin

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:49:08 AM

Everyone has a 'right' (of sorts) to look out for their national security.  More and more in the case of Israel that security is predicated on leveraging American muscle.  I don't really hold it against the state of Israel that they use every mechanism at their disposal to strengthen this aspect of their national security.  By the same token, I think it unwise to continue to fill their lake behind our dam (e.g., doing shitty things to their neighbors.)  If the dam breaks I'll have limited sympathy for their plight.

I very much hold it against our own politicians who allow themselves to be influenced by lobbying muscle, and that is 10x the case when the lobbying muscle is from a foreign nation.  Especially when it results in actions which are against the interest of the U.S.

Clinton has been rimming the Israelis since she was First Lady.  She is one of the few who probably would not be required to show up in Tel Aviv in primary season.  I voted for Obama over her in 2008, but it was mostly a vote against Clinton, and very specifically for the aformentioned reason.  To the extent that I had any hope for Obama it was mostly because I figured his mom was an interesting person and independent thinker and thought maybe it would have rubbed of a bit.  Nope.  Oh well.  I didn't repeat that mistake in 2012.

considering what they've done to the palestinians, i'm thinking "national security" is just a euphemism for "fucking over the poor people." it's like how we enter other countries, depose their government, and call it "the defense industry."
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:27:37 AM

Rand is the best major candidate for Pres of the USA in a very long time. It will be really exciting to see how he builds on his current status.
He hasn't been in the news a lot recently, but last year was amazing for him.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:40:10 AM

We'll know a lot after is mandatory visit to Israel demonstrate the requisite servility to whatever likudnick he meets.  All dempublicans are required to do so these days.  If he gets the thumbs up from the media after putting a check-mark in that box it will be meaningful.  Just as was the case with Obama.

If, OTOH, he gets the Howard Dean treatment it will mean something else.  Among the things it will mean, unfortunately, is that he doesn't have a chance except in very unusual circumstances.

Rand Paul did the Israel trip back in January of 2013 and he did w/ private funding w/ an Evangelical delegation. During which, he called for an end to foreign aid including Israel. Of course, we all know that actions are stronger than words so just watch how he votes and not worry so much about how he calibrates the liberty message for broader consumption.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:52:30 AM

Paul polls best against Shillary in this early time period.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/national/poll-hillary-clinton-a-strong-leader/1087/
The media has done their best keeping Shillary in the shadows for now, but her past is ripe for bombardment.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:58:30 AM

Paul polls best against Shillary in this early time period.
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/national/poll-hillary-clinton-a-strong-leader/1087/
The media has done their best keeping Shillary in the shadows for now, but her past is ripe for bombardment.

Hillary and Bill had several scandals prior to becoming Pres (i.e Whitewater being the most famous); If she wins I'm smashing the TV and radio so I don't have to hear her for 4 or 8 years. Just say NO to Hillary!

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:42:32 AM

Hillary and Bill had several scandals prior to becoming Pres (i.e Whitewater being the most famous); If she wins I'm smashing the TV and radio so I don't have to hear her for 4 or 8 years. Just say NO to Hillary!

The ethnic vote will propel her to victory. She is sure to receive ~96% of the black vote, in addition to ~80% of the Latino and ~75% of the Asian vote. Even if she manages to win only 30% of the white vote, she will win.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:00:29 AM

Everyone has a 'right' (of sorts) to look out for their national security.  More and more in the case of Israel that security is predicated on leveraging American muscle.  I don't really hold it against the state of Israel that they use every mechanism at their disposal to strengthen this aspect of their national security.  By the same token, I think it unwise to continue to fill their lake behind our dam (e.g., doing shitty things to their neighbors.)  If the dam breaks I'll have limited sympathy for their plight.

I very much hold it against our own politicians who allow themselves to be influenced by lobbying muscle, and that is 10x the case when the lobbying muscle is from a foreign nation.  Especially when it results in actions which are against the interest of the U.S.

Clinton has been rimming the Israelis since she was First Lady.  She is one of the few who probably would not be required to show up in Tel Aviv in primary season.  I voted for Obama over her in 2008, but it was mostly a vote against Clinton, and very specifically for the aformentioned reason.  To the extent that I had any hope for Obama it was mostly because I figured his mom was an interesting person and independent thinker and thought maybe it would have rubbed of a bit.  Nope.  Oh well.  I didn't repeat that mistake in 2012.

considering what they've done to the palestinians, i'm thinking "national security" is just a euphemism for "fucking over the poor people." it's like how we enter other countries, depose their government, and call it "the defense industry."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJCrWmtpNrM
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 05:17:38 AM

The ethnic vote will propel her to victory. She is sure to receive ~96% of the black vote, in addition to ~80% of the Latino and ~75% of the Asian vote. Even if she manages to win only 30% of the white vote, she will win.

She will receive 100% of the Criminals Union vote and therefore be declared winner no matter the actual shredded ballot count. No need to put any more mental effort into it.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:34:45 AM

She will receive 100% of the Criminals Union vote and therefore be declared winner no matter the actual shredded ballot count. No need to put any more mental effort into it.

You can count on 100% turnout in key democratic precincts in swing states as well along with 100% of votes going for the dems. In PA we actually had some precincts in Philadelphia reporting that kind of turnout and result in 2012. No one bothered to check the statistical likelihood of such an event.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:20:55 AM

Yes... she has good support among the Unions. And the Unions are very good in vote rigging and bogus voting, especially in the heavily democrat inner city areas of the United States.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:02:59 AM

Yes... she has good support among the Unions. And the Unions are very good in vote rigging and bogus voting, especially in the heavily democrat inner city areas of the United States.

I remember in 2008 they were actually rounding up homeless people and giving them cartons of cigarettes to vote for Kerry. Believe it or not in some states you can register the day of the election with no identification. The upper mid western states are built for electoral fraud.

Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:06:05 AM

Where is Ben Carson?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:27:59 AM

I remember in 2008 they were actually rounding up homeless people and giving them cartons of cigarettes to vote for Kerry. Believe it or not in some states you can register the day of the election with no identification. The upper mid western states are built for electoral fraud.

Actually this matters a lot in the major battleground states, such as Pennsylvania, Colorado, Nevada.etc. In states like California, not much effort is put, as the results are already known.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:25:18 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJCrWmtpNrM

The suggestion that anything Israel does is A-OK because other Middle Eastern countries do shitty things is weak sauce.  Especially because we give more money to Israel than probably all those countries combined.

It pisses me off to no end that an American citizen was executed in cold blood by Israeli commandos on the deck of the Mari Marvera and not a single one of our politicians had the guts to say jack shit about it.  In international waters carrying only humanitarian aid and with only unarmed civilians aboard.

The thing that blows my mind is the strategy of starving the people of Gaza for protein through import restrictions.  Then destroying the sewage treatment plant so raw sewage is dumped into the ocean.  The forcing the fishermen to stay within the contaminated zone for their catch.  The Palestinians who survive are going to be some strong and tough people through the process of survival of the fittest.  There is a special place in hell for those who thought up and implemented such a strategy, and Himmler will have to scoot over to make some more room.

The whole world knows what Israel under it's stream of right-wing leaderships are up to and what Zionism is all about.  Fewer in the U.S. due to the extra level of propaganda effort among other factors, but plenty even here know the score.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: