Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:48:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205766 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:39:34 PM

you know who i don't like? harry reid.. that guy is ridiculous. i believe he was hating on the koch brothers, and when someone said compared them to sheldon adelson, he said "it's different with sheldon." that just means he's getting paid by 1 guy and not getting paid by another.

I'd not heard that about Adelson.  That would explain why he got the leadership position because little else that I've seen over the years could explain or justify it.

I appreciate the fact that you are not just some 'yes man' for the administration and are willing to call out both sides.

We need more free thinkers here in the U.S.
I feel one of the biggest divides we face is that everybody (in general, not every individual) has become so partisan throughout the United States. Their side can do no wrong and the other side and do no right. I can't stand FOX or MSNBC. They are both joke stations that are dumbing down our country.

(As an aside-I feel fortunate to live in a state where people don't just punch a straight party ticket in the elections. We have one Dem senator and one Rep senator. A Dem as governor and a Rep and state attorney general.)

i dont' have any particular party, but i do think that republicans and their base say way more crazy shit.. no, i dont' just think that, i know it. there is no one on the left who is a caricature like michelle bachmann, sarah palin, todd akin, herman cain, rick perry, allen west, or whatever other wackos there are. notice how the worst of the worst are in the tea party? it's not an aberration.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:44:53 PM

tea baggers wouldn't even discuss a $10 tax cut for every $1 increase in taxes. the budget and deficits need to be balanced, but teabaggers wouldn't even agree to a major cut and minor tax increase... and you're the one saying that the democrats are the ones who won't even bother to negotiate?

Human rights-violating units of government need to be liquidated, then goodbye deficit.

If we eliminate every unit of Gov't that violates human rights, then there would be almost no Gov't left.  Smiley

boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:11:34 PM

tea baggers wouldn't even discuss a $10 tax cut for every $1 increase in taxes. the budget and deficits need to be balanced, but teabaggers wouldn't even agree to a major cut and minor tax increase... and you're the one saying that the democrats are the ones who won't even bother to negotiate?

Human rights-violating units of government need to be liquidated, then goodbye deficit.

If we eliminate every unit of Gov't that violates human rights, then there would be almost no Gov't left.  Smiley

Singapore is a very well managed country.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 08:43:05 PM

#teaparty

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:29:34 PM

Financially speaking they're better off than the US but I still don't like the idea of getting lashes as part of societal penalties for certain crimes.
beetcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:06:53 PM

If we eliminate every unit of Gov't that violates human rights, then there would be almost no Gov't left.  Smiley

Financially speaking they're better off than the US but I still don't like the idea of getting lashes as part of societal penalties for certain crimes.

i took his comment for sarcasm.. singapore is almost like totalitarian state where you get in trouble for spitting gum. economically they do well, but they seem like a big-brother type of government.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:37:22 PM

If we eliminate every unit of Gov't that violates human rights, then there would be almost no Gov't left.  Smiley

i took his comment for sarcasm.. singapore is almost like totalitarian state where you get in trouble for spitting gum. economically they do well, but they seem like a big-brother type of government.
It could have been but I know Jim Rogers lives there as an expat and he's a billionaire so he moved there for a reason. As an American, it's troubling seeing us go down the ratings of economically free places and Singapore is near the freest in that manner.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:54:36 AM

Rand Paul raises eyebrows in West Louisville community (overwhelmingly African American) as he seeks to rebrand Republican Party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FxYzXbxtDw
Good local footage as seen on the Major Louisville TV market. Good watch to see feedback.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:32:39 AM

I took his comment for sarcasm.. Singapore is almost like totalitarian state where you get in trouble for spitting gum. economically they do well, but they seem like a big-brother type of government.

Singapore has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. That means that they are doing something right. For family people, Singapore is one of the best places to live.
beetcoin

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:34:36 AM

I took his comment for sarcasm.. Singapore is almost like totalitarian state where you get in trouble for spitting gum. economically they do well, but they seem like a big-brother type of government.

Singapore has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. That means that they are doing something right. For family people, Singapore is one of the best places to live.

you know what kind of countries have the lowest crime rates? totalitarian regimes, like in the book 1984.

despite increasing poverty in the U.S., we have decreasing crime rites and more police officers who don't think twice before pulling the trigger.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:14:31 AM

Rand Paul raises eyebrows in West Louisville community (overwhelmingly African American) as he seeks to rebrand Republican Party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FxYzXbxtDw
Good local footage as seen on the Major Louisville TV market. Good watch to see feedback.

Great to see Rand looking to expand the Republican base.
It seemed like a relatively safe neighborhood. In some cities this effort would be insanely dangerous (that is not a racial comment, but a fact of life, with all the gang related shootings and innocent people also getting killed)

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:42:08 AM

you know what kind of countries have the lowest crime rates? totalitarian regimes, like in the book 1984.

That is just BS. Singapore is a 100% democratic society, without any sign of a totalitarian regime. The same can be said about many other countries which are having extremely low crime rates, such as Japan, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Iceland and Denmark.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:51:12 AM

That is just BS. Singapore is a 100% democratic society, without any sign of a totalitarian regime. The same can be said about many other countries which are having extremely low crime rates, such as Japan, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Iceland and Denmark.

I'm not commenting on their type of Gov't, but Singapore can be easily mistaken for a totalitarian regime.
Why?
They have extreme laws regarding recreational drugs which include specific Mandatory Death Penalty amounts, and harsh penalties for smaller amounts. Singapore is Not a good place for uninformed partiers on vacation to get caught "having fun".

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:10:46 PM

Rand visits with Romney and GOP donors, along with other potential 2016 candidates

Mitt Romney’s ideas summit in Park City, Utah, was intended to be a passing of the torch to the Republican Party’s would-be saviors, with five potential 2016 presidential candidates jetting in to schmooze with many of the GOP’s biggest donors and present their agendas for the country’s future.

Instead, the scene at a luxury resort in the Rocky Mountains quickly became a Romney revival. Minutes after the 2012 Republican presidential nominee welcomed his 300 guests, Joe Scarborough, the former GOP congressman and MSNBC host, urged them to begin a “Draft Romney” movement in 2016.

“This is the only person that can fill the stage,” Scarborough said at the opening night private dinner, according to attendees.

The Republican elite rose early yesterday morning to go skeet shooting with 2016 hopeful Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin. Then over breakfast they questioned Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, another potential candidate, about how he thinks he could defeat Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.

The establishment lights here eyed Paul with interest. He made the case that he is growing the Republican Party and talked about his recent visits to black and liberal audiences.

When a donor asked whether Clinton was beatable, Paul said he believed she was “really vulnerable” on foreign policy and for being too hawkish, according to one attendee.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/news/politics/12369166-95/at-gop-summit-an-appetite-for-romney-to-run
beetcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:54:01 PM

i can't believe ryan is still actually popular. that guy has proposed some nefarious bullshit, not to mention he wanted to increase the defense budget by how many billions it was?

basically he wants to cut medicaid, but increase defense spending. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/02/us/politics/paul-ryan-budget.html
leezay

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:48:05 PM

i can't believe ryan is still actually popular. that guy has proposed some nefarious bullshit, not to mention he wanted to increase the defense budget by how many billions it was?

basically he wants to cut medicaid, but increase defense spending. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/02/us/politics/paul-ryan-budget.html

He will most likely get neo conservative vote then, which still hold big influence in US today.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:01:16 AM

Newer poll #s from CNN out
CNN poll: Paul 14, Bush 12, Huckabee 11, Ryan 10, Cruz 9, Christie 8, Rubio 8, Perry 6, Walker 5, Santorum 4

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/06/15/cnn.poll.hillary.democrats.pdf

So, the Ace is up a point since the last one.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:04:46 AM

CNN poll: Paul 14, Bush 12, Huckabee 11, Ryan 10, Cruz 9, Christie 8, Rubio 8, Perry 6, Walker 5, Santorum 4

Good to see Santorum at the bottom. Looking at the competition, it would be nice to see Rand at ~38%.  Smiley
Still #1 is a great place to be heading into next year.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:35:56 AM

Nice to see Paul at the top. But who would he chose as a running mate? If he could get Cruz (is he suitable?), the he is up to 23%. Chris Christie and Marco Rubio are also good choices.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:06:00 AM

Ron Wyden, Mark Udall and Rand Paul: How to end the NSA dragnet
One year ago this month, Americans learned that their government was engaged in secret dragnet surveillance, which contradicted years of assurances to the contrary from senior government officials and intelligence leaders.

On this anniversary, it is more important than ever to let Congress and the administration know that Americans will reject half-measures that could still allow the government to collect millions of Americans' records without any individual suspicion or evidence of wrongdoing.

It is time to end the dragnet — and to affirm that we can keep our nation secure without trampling on and abandoning Americans' constitutional rights.

For years, in both statements to the public and open testimony before the House and Senate, senior government officials claimed that domestic surveillance was narrow in focus and limited in scope. But in June 2013, Americans learned through leaked classified documents that these claims bore little resemblance to reality. In fact, the NSA has been relying on a secret interpretation of the USA Patriot Act to vacuum up the phone records of millions of law-abiding citizens. Under a separate program, intelligence agencies are using a loophole in the law to read some Americans' emails without ever getting a warrant.

Dragnet surveillance was approved by a secret court that normally hears only the government's side of major cases. It had been debated only in a few secret congressional committee hearings, and many members of Congress were entirely unaware it. When laws like the Patriot Act were reauthorized, a vocal minority of senators and representatives — including the three of us — objected, but the secrecy surrounding these programs made it difficult to mobilize public support.
more...http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-wyden-nsa-surveillance-20140617-story.html
Nice right-left coalition
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: