Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:06:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205769 times)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:11:47 AM

I think it's funny a state like Iowa is able to have so much influence.  Grin
Seriously, caucus states are great for the rare candidates who have (unpaid) supporters who actually care, because it can take a lot more effort than a simple vote in a primary.
Grin You know you're dealing with a Paul supporter if they're frequently checking weather reports around election dates and praying for rain (or better, hail and snow).
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:47:06 PM

Ohio (Quinnipiac): Clinton 46, Paul 42 - Everyone else FAR behind
Ohio Poll just released today by Quinnipiac:

Clinton: 46 (+4)
Paul: 42

Rand is tied with Clinton among voters ages 18-29, 44-44

Clinton: 48 (+11)
Bush: 37

Clinton: 46 (+9)
Christie: 37

Clinton : 47 (+7)
Kasich: 40

Margin of Error: +/- 2.7%
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/ohio/release-detail?ReleaseID=2066

A year ago, Hillary was easily above 50% margin and Rand was in the mid-low 30s. I should also mention for those that are unfamiliar that Ohio is a huge swing state that is a battleground so it's a lot different than if I posted a poll from Arkansas.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:09:50 PM

realistically, whoever wins ohio and florida, the two swing states with the most electoral votes, is going to end up winning the race.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:33:20 PM

realistically, whoever wins ohio and florida, the two swing states with the most electoral votes, is going to end up winning the race.
If Rand is the GOP nominee there'll be many more swing states than just the two of those. It will be an election unlike any we've ever seen in modern times. The party lines will be completely up in the air and there might even be a sideshow third party independent like a Donald Trump in there to try and peel support away from Rand the republican. Anything can happen which is why he's hiring all the right people and going to bat on the right issues to have a mass populist rising behind him.
beetcoin

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:56:36 PM

If Rand is the GOP nominee there'll be many more swing states than just the two of those. It will be an election unlike any we've ever seen in modern times. The party lines will be completely up in the air and there might even be a sideshow third party independent like a Donald Trump in there to try and peel support away from Rand the republican. Anything can happen which is why he's hiring all the right people and going to bat on the right issues to have a mass populist rising behind him.

there are more than 2 swing states obviously, but whoever wins ohio and florida is going to be president. that's close to 50 swing electoral votes there.

maybe rand should talk up legalized marijuana.. that's another 9 electoral votes from colorado potentially. it definitely falls in line with his liberterian approach.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:23:58 AM

I wonder if we'll get a Strom kind of case if Rand's elected the GOP's candidate. The GOP walks out of the delegation to form a "new" GOP, Rand isn't even allowed on the ballot in one state and sometimes shoved off to be called a third-party, assumed completely hopeless, and he ends up doing a Truman (I imagine the election map would look similar to the Dixiecrat election, too!). I guess that'd be more likely if it were Ron than Rand.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:36:57 PM

I wonder if we'll get a Strom kind of case if Rand's elected the GOP's candidate. The GOP walks out of the delegation to form a "new" GOP, Rand isn't even allowed on the ballot in one state and sometimes shoved off to be called a third-party, assumed completely hopeless, and he ends up doing a Truman (I imagine the election map would look similar to the Dixiecrat election, too!). I guess that'd be more likely if it were Ron than Rand.
My guess is that Rand will moderate his tone on non-intervention, certain amounts of and keeping some military bases abroad to not get the neocons and their media treating him the way they did his dad. If he can minimize the hundreds of millions of negative press his dad got in the primary at least, he'll on a more even keel than we're used to. Or, he just keeps his cards close to the vest and just deal w/ the issue at hand whether it's Ukraine, Israel or beyond and not cast a wide net talking non-intervention like his dad did. I've noticed him doing that lately when he feels it's safe to come out against something that'll put him at major odds w/ the neocons and he comes out safe and ahead when it's a focused argument rather than a grandiose philosophical one.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:49:46 PM

Even worse than Donald Trump, former Mayor Bloomberg will run 3rd party.

beetcoin

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:48:09 PM

bloomberg is a serious politician though. donald trump is just a fluffer who tries to get in front of the camera..
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:55:16 PM

bloomberg is a serious politician though....

Yes, that is why he is much worse.
Also, he has a huge fortune to spend part of on his own campaign.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 08:41:00 PM

Bloomberg could have easily stopped the "gun control" advocate recalls in Colorado by buying the election officials there; he didn't, because he has bigger plans. With a net worth of $34 billion, he can afford to buy his way to the White House no matter how many vote against him. Kiss all human rights goodbye.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:53:15 PM

I'm sure as hell not voting for Clinton. Other than that I am hoping for Rand Paul. I don't always agree with him, but he has the potential to refocus the debate. Right now we've got two fiscally liberal and socially stupid parties. We need some common-sense, and yes, it may sound cliche but that includes reducing the role of government so we can have back our lives.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:03:59 AM

I'm sure as hell not voting for Clinton. Other than that I am hoping for Rand Paul. I don't always agree with him, but he has the potential to refocus the debate. Right now we've got two fiscally liberal and socially stupid parties. We need some common-sense, and yes, it may sound cliche but that includes reducing the role of government so we can have back our lives.
Clinton is not part of this poll. The poll is only for the GOP nomination for the presidential candidate.

The liberals being socially "smart" is really not true, as they give a lot of short term advantages to people, but this comes at the long term costs of fewer opportunities for people today and the people of future generations.
Fair and Peace

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:13:54 AM

Clinton is not part of this poll. The poll is only for the GOP nomination for the presidential candidate.

The liberals being socially "smart" is really not true, as they give a lot of short term advantages to people, but this comes at the long term costs of fewer opportunities for people today and the people of future generations.
they have been say . it will done in short term let see what will happend as  we know he dont know what he do .
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:22:00 AM

That's why I said that they are both socially stupid. I agree with what you are saying 100%.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:08:10 PM

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said Hillary Clinton is not "fit to lead the country" Friday, mocking the former secretary of state's comments about her wealth and condemning her response to the September 2012 attack on a U.S. facility in Benghazi.

Paul's scathing words could provide an early look at the arguments he will deploy against Clinton if they both decide to run for president. They came during a speech in Kentucky before a crowd of several hundred GOP activists.

Paul opened his speech by joking that he was losing sleep over Clinton's money problems, according to National Journal.

More...http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sen-rand-paul-hillary-clinton-not-fit-to-lead-the-country/
beetcoin

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:10:10 PM

my problem with hilary is that she's the same sold same old.. she brokered that secretary of state to pretty much push the U.S. imperialistic agenda forward. i don't think her campaign message would be anything similar to "hope and change," because it's obvious she'll do shit the same way as the US has done before.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:51:01 PM

I think it's funny a state like Iowa is able to have so much influence.  Grin
Seriously, caucus states are great for the rare candidates who have (unpaid) supporters who actually care, because it can take a lot more effort than a simple vote in a primary.
Grin You know you're dealing with a Paul supporter if they're frequently checking weather reports around election dates and praying for rain (or better, hail and snow).

Very true, and similar for "Liberty candidate" races on non-presidential election years. The (expected) lower turn-out compared with really bad weather can be a huge boost for a candidate with enthusiastic supporters.

beetcoin

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:21:24 PM

it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.. republicans do seem to have a more enthusiastic base, and rand paul, if he's anything like his dad, will have an army of people willing to do a lot of the groundwork.
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:24:57 AM

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said Hillary Clinton is not "fit to lead the country" Friday, mocking the former secretary of state's comments about her wealth and condemning her response to the September 2012 attack on a U.S. facility in Benghazi.

Paul's scathing words could provide an early look at the arguments he will deploy against Clinton if they both decide to run for president. They came during a speech in Kentucky before a crowd of several hundred GOP activists.

Paul opened his speech by joking that he was losing sleep over Clinton's money problems, according to National Journal.

More...http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sen-rand-paul-hillary-clinton-not-fit-to-lead-the-country/
Clinton is not fit to run this country. I suspect that the GOP will leave her alone during the primaries, but if she wins the nomination she will get hounded by her handling of Benghazi. She would need to defend not only her economic policies but also her national security and foreign policy policy. The later two are generally not hotly contested issues in presidential races and presidential candidates (the ones that win the nomination) tend to agree on most things of the later two of these issues and disagree only on very minor points.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: