Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
duru

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:38:32 PM

Ok regarding the Pavels work here are the updates to master...  Unfortunately I dont know what this means.  Also this is not POS 2.0 or is it.  since I am not a coder I cant tell...

So can anyone tell me if POS 2 which is suppose to enhance security is beeing worked on?  The last updated to release 2.0 was on may 1st!  et: fix nTimeFirstKey init, by making constructor init common code …

that is a good example why someone who does not know about software development should not even try to spread information. If you intended to FUD you could not have done it better.

The protocol2 branch has been (i think) created may 1st, since then there is a long list of commits, last one 5 days ago: https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin/commits/protocolv2
No FUD coming from me.  I am trying to figure out why is taking so long to get things out for the new POS 2.0  
Maybe POS 2 is not as important as I believe it to be so now Pavel is working on strengthening the current versions?
Also Legionaire group has not provided any updates on their work..  
Sorry to bust in here out of nowhere, but I've been holding for a very long time (800-1200). Things done properly that are going to make people dump other coins to get in on bc take some time, it's what happened in the beginning and it will continue to happen. They're not spreading hype because the hype news is pretty much irrelevant to anyone but those looking to get out. this same kind of thing was being said around the release of the "black hole"... I can only profit as it stands right now, but it is what I believed back then and it is what I believe now.
greetings to everyone else here, and sorry I tend to lurk

the computer has increased the purse of words

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:54:53 PM

Ok regarding the Pavels work here are the updates to master...  Unfortunately I dont know what this means.  Also this is not POS 2.0 or is it.  since I am not a coder I cant tell...

So can anyone tell me if POS 2 which is suppose to enhance security is beeing worked on?  The last updated to release 2.0 was on may 1st!  et: fix nTimeFirstKey init, by making constructor init common code …

that is a good example why someone who does not know about software development should not even try to spread information. If you intended to FUD you could not have done it better.

The protocol2 branch has been (i think) created may 1st, since then there is a long list of commits, last one 5 days ago: https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin/commits/protocolv2
No FUD coming from me.  I am trying to figure out why is taking so long to get things out for the new POS 2.0 
Maybe POS 2 is not as important as I believe it to be so now Pavel is working on strengthening the current versions?
As i said, i don't think that it was your intention, but you have not the slightest clue what you are talking about and that has the same effect.
There is no reasonable sentence that starts with "I am not a developer BUT" (or similar). Period.

You say there were no changes made although there have been a commits just some days ago... Even after i directed you the source of that you keep asking why he is not working on it??
Of course he is also working on the current version because the new protocol branch has of course the same code base and only some things are redone. Should he stop fixing current issues like the latest OpenSSL bug (which btw. hasn't been fixed by the vast majority of devs and "devs" yet...).

buy-black

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 03:02:22 PM

Ok regarding the Pavels work here are the updates to master...  Unfortunately I dont know what this means.  Also this is not POS 2.0 or is it.  since I am not a coder I cant tell...

So can anyone tell me if POS 2 which is suppose to enhance security is beeing worked on?  The last updated to release 2.0 was on may 1st!  et: fix nTimeFirstKey init, by making constructor init common code …

No FUD coming from me.  I am trying to figure out why is taking so long to get things out for the new POS 2.0  
As i said, i don't think that it was your intention, but you have not the slightest clue what you are talking about and that has the same effect.
There is no reasonable sentence that starts with "I am not a developer BUT" (or similar). Period.

You say there were no changes made although there have been a commits just some days ago... Even after i directed you the source of that you keep asking why he is not working on it??
Of course he is also working on the current version because the new protocol branch has of course the same code base and only some things are redone. Should he stop fixing current issues like the latest OpenSSL bug (which btw. hasn't been fixed by the vast majority of devs and "devs" yet...).

The github is confusing..  I dont know why the may 1st is on top of the commit 11 days ago (june 4rth??)

Unfortunately people get defensive but I just want to get some information that NOBODY is willing to put forward for the common people who buy BC.

Here are the commits of v2.  As I said before, I dont see any sense of urgency here:

Jun 10, 2014

Pavel Vasin

force testnet
    00d7b8cd4b Browse code
    rat4 authored on 1 May
    Pavel Vasin

update pos target limit
    319beda5c6 Browse code
    rat4 authored 11 days ago
    Pavel Vasin

update split/combine thresholds for new protocol
    c2931be778 Browse code
    Pavel Vasin

round displaying weight up to coin
    4aa1886924 Browse code
    Pavel Vasin

remove mention of -staking from help
    435dc19f3c Browse code
    Pavel Vasin

adapt GetPoSKernelPS() to new protocol
    6caf3e2177 Browse code
    rat4 authored on 1 May
    Pavel Vasin

adapt GetStakeWeight() to new protocol
    c987b82240 Browse code
    rat4 authored on 29 Apr
    Pavel Vasin

adapt stake miner to new protocol
    4a390b9d5e Browse code
    rat4 authored on 24 Apr
    Pavel Vasin

block version 7 …
    fc08b79d3d Browse code
    rat4 authored on 29 Apr
    Pavel Vasin

new stake protocol
    5263d736f6 Browse code
    rat4 authored on 24 Apr
    Pavel Vasin

change block time from 60 to 64 seconds
    0ad3445b42 Browse code
    rat4 authored on 24 Apr
    Pavel Vasin

new block timestamp limits …
    6d1a593f46 Browse code
    rat4 authored on 20 Apr
    Pavel Vasin

schedule hardfork
    eb169d8c8b Browse code
    rat4 authored on 12 May

[Qt] Improve rpc console history behavior
    82d78056f7 Browse code
    cozz authored 9 days ago rat4 committed 5 days ago
    Pavel Vasin

makefile.linux-mingw: link to zlib
    887a4354a2 Browse code
    rat4 authored 5 days ago

Jun 09, 2014

Pavel Vasin

getnewaddress: don't recommend accounts
    7756c845a8 Browse code
    rat4 authored 6 days ago
    Tawanda Kembo

Make links on 'About Bitcoin Core' into clickable (squashed 5 comits … …
    e40e43f728 Browse code
    tkembo authored 24 days ago rat4 committed 6 days ago

BC + XC + DRK
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:14:16 PM

If you change security way of PPC we don't need to rush just because we need price jump for security there is sense to rush things.
One bug and you blow up BC to ground Pavel need to do test attacks ext...

Developers who works around BC and add some work into code BC as you see rat4 is not alone at all:
https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin/network/members

And eg silkcoin wallet is ONE commit Tongue on git hub eg
https://github.com/shnurf/silkcoin/network/members

And here work of those guys:
https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin/commits/master

I am happy i want get better solution than HYPE all...

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Subtuppel

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:14:27 PM

As I said before, I dont see any sense of urgency here:
1. You are not supposed to understand what the commit comments mean. you are not the target group.
2. you should explain what you mean with "urgency"?
rat4 is working on a new PoS protocol because he sees potential for security improvements. If this was actually "urgent" every PoS coin would be completely fucked. Do you want someone to release an exploit or so before someone who has deep knowledge improves the protocol? You behave as if you were someone who paid him a million for getting stuff done until yesterday. I just don't get it.

HardwarePal

Activity: 565

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:15:59 PM

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tkembo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W84S4OsJCIs
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:16:08 PM

Unfortunately people get defensive but I just want to get some information that NOBODY is willing to put forward for the common people who buy BC.
So buy BC with ready protocool...
this is not killing feature for masses like SMS wallet ot encrypted chartroom - haha

Developers who can makes something for BC (nice list wow Shocked) :

Chiggins

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:30:07 PM

BC is dying like you are grasping at straws

Why? Because there was some sell off today? Ever think someone sold simply because they needed money in the short term, not because they 'wanted out'?

these are people who are totally unable to see a trend that goes longer than 3 days.
If it does not promise 300% ROI in less than 24 hours (due to fake or nonsense features or MP addition) they call it "dead". The altcoin scene has never been more pathetic than right now.

I'm literally laughing because my buddy was forced to liquidate his crypto, including over 100k BC. I think he accidentally caused a slight panic due to the low volume hit lol.

I always hate when bills force me to sell

Did he dump or slow sell? Wondering if your friend crashed us to 20K. Not that it matters I suppose.  Grin

Pretty sure he dumped, he had a really short time frame to raise funds so no time to really do it slowly.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]        ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
──────────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ──────────
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:32:23 PM

sorry for my ignorance, but ETA is the acronim for what?

Thanks

I know why your pray will never be answered!
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:34:27 PM

Thanks
ETA is "Estimated Time of Arrival"
Or my crypto dictionary usualy means Dump Time

Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:41:38 PM

Thanks
ETA is "Estimated Time of Arrival"
Or my crypto dictionary usualy means Dump Time

So it means the moment when something new is coming for a coin. And usually after it we could see the coin dump. Right?
Thanks

I know why your pray will never be answered!
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:43:12 PM

I must admit that the multippol idea worked and maintained a price of around 30K satoshi for very long time. However, new coins are stealing the idea about multipool and it is harder and harder for any altcoin to survive in this ocean of alts.

There's another very big problem, and that is just the amount of BTC that has been removed from the Mintpal pump and dump market. Volume on everything is down significantly on Mintpal for everything. SilkCoin's volume for being the new hype recently was pathetic.

The entire "single feature pump scheme" that we've seen over the past month or two on all of these coins is collapsing now, and it's hurting BC as well as it has had its volume removed from it due to BTC just being lost in general. People left BC, went to these other coins, and are now stuck holding bags over there.
buy-black

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 03:54:32 PM

Ok, thanks for all of you who provided information regarding new ETA updates.

Now I watch Ecuador beat the pants of Switzerland!  Grin

By the way I am still waiting for someone to pay with BlackCoins here:
http://www.pululahuahostal.com/

Something beautiful about Ecuador:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCwLjXH0f-Y

BC + XC + DRK
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:54:52 PM

Why? Because there was some sell off today? Ever think someone sold simply because they needed money in the short term, not because they 'wanted out'?

these are people who are totally unable to see a trend that goes longer than 3 days.
If it does not promise 300% ROI in less than 24 hours (due to fake or nonsense features or MP addition) they call it "dead". The altcoin scene has never been more pathetic than right now.

With all the high school kids off for the summer there will be a lot of ADD tantrums for the next few months unfortunately.

<Insert favorite coin here>
7West

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:00:00 PM

Hey all. Just wanted to say hello as this is my first post. I'm new to the whole crypto world and got in on BC a bit late @ 17800. I think Blackcoin is a very interesting coin, including it's community and occasionally I have some questions and thought this might be a good place to ask.

One question I do have regards a salient point Horus from Cryptsy made on Blackcast about multi-sig bitcoin wallet technology. Apparently this will allow third parties like Visa/Debit card companies to verify that you actually have funds available in your wallet, thus making long blockchain confirmation wait times irrelevant for merchants.

I understand that POS has several advantages over POW, but is fast confirmation times not it's main advantage as a viable alternative to Bitcoin? Or are there other major benefits that will sway the public over to POS?

BTW, as an investor, I'm not concerned over the recent drop in the market. I think it's healthy and I'll continue to buy BC while the dust settles from the altcoin shakeout.
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:08:26 PM

Hey all. Just wanted to say hello as this is my first post. I'm new to the whole crypto world and got in on BC a bit late @ 17800. I think Blackcoin is a very interesting coin, including it's community and occasionally I have some questions and thought this might be a good place to ask.

One question I do have regards a salient point Horus from Cryptsy made on Blackcast about multi-sig bitcoin wallet technology. Apparently this will allow third parties like Visa/Debit card companies to verify that you actually have funds available in your wallet, thus making long blockchain confirmation wait times irrelevant for merchants.

I understand that POS has several advantages over POW, but is fast confirmation times not it's main advantage as a viable alternative to Bitcoin? Or are there other major benefits that will sway the public over to POS?

BTW, as an investor, I'm not concerned over the recent drop in the market. I think it's healthy and I'll continue to buy BC while the dust settles from the altcoin shakeout.

First of all, welcome!

Second, no your are not too late, BlackCoin is still young (not even 6 months old)

POS main benefits is that it is MUCH MUCH less vulnerable to 51% attack that Bitcoin is currently fearing. Of course it have other great advantage, such as MUCH mure greener for the environnement, just look at all those MEGA FARMS mining Bitcoins.
buy-black

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 04:22:51 PM

Ok, thanks for all of you who provided information regarding new ETA updates.

Now I watch Ecuador beat the pants of Switzerland!  Grin

By the way I am still waiting for someone to pay with BlackCoins here:
http://www.pululahuahostal.com/

Something beautiful about Ecuador:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCwLjXH0f-Y
Yessssss    Ecuador 1 Swis 0

BC + XC + DRK
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:28:43 PM

With all the high school kids off for the summer there will be a lot of ADD tantrums for the next few months unfortunately.

You show me an Adderall dealer that accepts Crypto, I`ll show you the next Bill Gates.
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 05:43:03 PM

Any devs working on new wallet or everybody waiting for the price to hit 15k before releasing some new innovation.  As a holder of BC I would sure like to know approximately when is the new stuff being released.  Most devs do provide ETAs.

ETAs and it price influence some true story:
DRK 25 may and open source code realease // DRK master node payments

VRC and it SMS wallet release Cheesy

Cinni and new wallet (encrypted measeages bla bla... ) Cheesy

From home story BC  Coinkite 1 june release:

Never give ETA Tongue...that is point if it is not necessary.
ETA = DUMP TIME !!!....

This is a fantastic piece of work, mate!

This is exactly why I think BLK has the right idea. All the other altcoins who innovate anything is dumped because it is copied instantly on a coin with smaller market cap. While BLK focuses on fundamentals and marketing. That $30K PR investment may not mean much now, but down the road, I expect a pump from a mass media blitz. Now there may be a dump afterwards, but who knows when it comes to these things.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:48:38 PM

I must admit that the multippol idea worked and maintained a price of around 30K satoshi for very long time. However, new coins are stealing the idea about multipool and it is harder and harder for any altcoin to survive in this ocean of alts.

There's another very big problem, and that is just the amount of BTC that has been removed from the Mintpal pump and dump market. Volume on everything is down significantly on Mintpal for everything. SilkCoin's volume for being the new hype recently was pathetic.

The entire "single feature pump scheme" that we've seen over the past month or two on all of these coins is collapsing now, and it's hurting BC as well as it has had its volume removed from it due to BTC just being lost in general. People left BC, went to these other coins, and are now stuck holding bags over there.

Interesting point.
You think that the recent bitcoin price going down has made a few traders to get their coins out of mintpal and seek refuge in the $ or keep them ready to sell on bitstamp or btc-e?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: