Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:01:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332068 times)
ethereal73

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:24:14 AM

They don't deserve you man. Shit if you take this thing over I can't rip on it anymore  Angry

Also remember when I proposed my coin idea and you told me you didn't have time?

Your idea was fine; your proposal where I did all of the work and split everything 50/50 with you was the primary issue. Also, it's a lot of work launching a new coin from scratch. My time is quite limited and I choose the additional projects I take on carefully; SilkCoin already has a community, widespread exchange support, and other important elements that otherwise take time to establish. In addition, there are a number of people here who were burned and, if I can help to rectify that, that is yet another reason why I am willing to make time for this. I believe it's for the greater good of cryptocurrency and, really, humanity in general - we can help create a bright light in an otherwise dark, unforgiving sea.

Just keep me in the loop as things progress, guys - I will remain on standby. Hopefully this dev is willing to use a small percentage of his profits here to help make things right with this great community who supported and believed in him through all of this. There is clearly a mess here but I am confident I can help you guys get it cleaned up and back on track.

If we can ensure Silkcoin is stable and utilizing the latest technology, at least we will have a strong, stable base to begin building everything back on top of. Yes there are a few black eyes here but this isn't a TKO - it happens - I've seen much more difficult comebacks than this succeed and you would be amazed what a supportive community can do. Again, I wouldn't be able to commit to being the lead dev for an extended period of time (I have my own coin and community that I need to begin increasing my focus on as-is) but would certainly get everything fixed, up to date, and out of this rut while easing the transition to the new team. Also, I could help with the marketing and PR strategy while qualifying potential new talent interested in joining the team. I have been in the startup world for many years (I am the co-founder of SnapAppointments) and have seen situations similar to this a number of times. I am also very familiar with the latest Bitcoin Core source (I am an active contributor to the project) and recently updated Murraycoin to the 0.9.2 source.

Just one of many options, I'm sure. If a better offer comes along that's fine too - I am willing to assist in any capacity. If we want to continue to build this cryptocurrency movement, we can't leave behind a battlefield full of dead coins. No man coin is left behind!

Why nobody is considering seriously this offer? or am I missing something?

I 'hope' there are negotiations going on behind the scenes.
This looks to be a great offer from a reputable member. It would be a shame to see SC die when there are options like this available.

In the event 'Silkcoin' will not part with the 8 BTC, i wonder if bholzer would still consider doing the upgrade in exchange for payment by the community. Huh

Obviously, my first choice was to obtain the funds from the developers; it is growing increasingly obvious that is not going to happen. Greed is an unfortunate character flaw that we see all too often in this world. I figured there was an outside chance they would step up to the plate to help attempt to make things right; the jury is still out but I'm afraid the writing is on the wall.

You guys discuss things and weigh your options; I will come back within 12 hours to post an outline of my proposal. We will get this cleaned up.

Thanks for your offer.
It would be great if the devs would give up there funds, but i don't see a reason why they should do that, they run away already.
but to make this work we still need more people with some skills/ideas to join a new team to get this on track again.

And i think that it would be fair if the community can vote for new members and what kind of conditions.

Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:25:54 AM

so the other devs (the owns who can maybe fix it ) already got paid so they said fuck it. sweet deal thanks guys
komodovpn

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:28:06 AM

Community restore is quite possible, as long as it is someone who is reputable and has a clean history in the crypto scene.

However, I don't really care either way. It would be nice to see Silkcoin restored by the community so the people who got burned or are holding a lot of SC has a chance with their investments. but let's face it, it will just be another pump and dump and SC will not get anywhere without REAL development and innovation.

dumped my coins last night. I lost about 80% of my investment but whatever, cut my losses and move on to better things.

Voot, Honor, Minerals, DRK, Monero

[ Minerals ] - The most fair distribution crypto
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:32:48 AM

They don't deserve you man. Shit if you take this thing over I can't rip on it anymore  Angry

Also remember when I proposed my coin idea and you told me you didn't have time?

Your idea was fine; your proposal where I did all of the work and split everything 50/50 with you was the primary issue. Also, it's a lot of work launching a new coin from scratch. My time is quite limited and I choose the additional projects I take on carefully; SilkCoin already has a community, widespread exchange support, and other important elements that otherwise take time to establish. In addition, there are a number of people here who were burned and, if I can help to rectify that, that is yet another reason why I am willing to make time for this. I believe it's for the greater good of cryptocurrency and, really, humanity in general - we can help create a bright light in an otherwise dark, unforgiving sea.

Just keep me in the loop as things progress, guys - I will remain on standby. Hopefully this dev is willing to use a small percentage of his profits here to help make things right with this great community who supported and believed in him through all of this. There is clearly a mess here but I am confident I can help you guys get it cleaned up and back on track.

If we can ensure Silkcoin is stable and utilizing the latest technology, at least we will have a strong, stable base to begin building everything back on top of. Yes there are a few black eyes here but this isn't a TKO - it happens - I've seen much more difficult comebacks than this succeed and you would be amazed what a supportive community can do. Again, I wouldn't be able to commit to being the lead dev for an extended period of time (I have my own coin and community that I need to begin increasing my focus on as-is) but would certainly get everything fixed, up to date, and out of this rut while easing the transition to the new team. Also, I could help with the marketing and PR strategy while qualifying potential new talent interested in joining the team. I have been in the startup world for many years (I am the co-founder of SnapAppointments) and have seen situations similar to this a number of times. I am also very familiar with the latest Bitcoin Core source (I am an active contributor to the project) and recently updated Murraycoin to the 0.9.2 source.

Just one of many options, I'm sure. If a better offer comes along that's fine too - I am willing to assist in any capacity. If we want to continue to build this cryptocurrency movement, we can't leave behind a battlefield full of dead coins. No man coin is left behind!

This looks to be a great offer from a reputable member. It would be a shame to see SC die when there are options like this available.

In the event 'Silkcoin' will not part with the 8 BTC, i wonder if bholzer would still consider doing the upgrade in exchange for payment by the community. Huh

Obviously, my first choice was to obtain the funds from the developers; it is growing increasingly obvious that is not going to happen. Greed is an unfortunate character flaw that we see all too often in this world. I figured there was an outside chance they would step up to the plate to help attempt to make things right; the jury is still out but I'm afraid the writing is on the wall.

You guys discuss things and weigh your options; I will come back within 12 hours to post an outline of my proposal. We will get this cleaned up.

Thanks for your offer.
It would be great if the devs would give up there funds, but i don't see a reason why they should do that, they run away already.
but to make this work we still need more people with some skills/ideas to join a new team to get this on track again.

And i think that it would be fair if the community can vote for new members and what kind of conditions.

Im happy to help out on the new team in some shape or form, i cant code, but im all in on trying to make this right.
We need to discuss what the options are and go from there, flick me a PM if your interested.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
ethereal73

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:40:55 AM

Thanks for your offer.

Im happy to help out on the new team in some shape or form, i cant code, but im all in on trying to make this right.
We need to discuss what the options are and go from there, flick me a PM if your interested.

Thanks for your offer, are there any specific skills?
Lets keep it transparent for a while, many people around with many ideas.
Are there any coders around?

hamzatu

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:42:35 AM

What is the SC community gonna do, taking on to the challenge, or give it up, and keep complaining another page or 400?
Who has the skills to take over the coin, who is willing to join the development team. and so on.
All of the new core members should open there real identity, if they don't move on.
Let's see who in this community has Steel balls.

I personally hope 'Silkcoin' will take up the offer made by bholzer.
If he does I'll happily stick with it.
I can help start  a team, will not enter the team or will take money, i just love challenges like this.

Okay, lets see how fast we can get a thrustworthy development team together.
bholzer, is your offer still standing, and are you willing to open your true identity?

Come on, there must be more people with skills who love a challenge!

Offer still stands, yes. I certainly have no issues with revealing my identity; a number of people on this forum know me personally anyway. You guys decide what you want to do and get back to me; I'm not going anywhere.

My vote
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:44:05 AM

Thanks for your offer.

Thanks for your offer, are there any specific skills?
Lets keep it transparent for a while, many people around with many ideas.
Are there any coders around?

I work in IT, have some linux experience, am happy to test the platform etc, perhaps help in marketing, website etc.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:55:47 AM

I'll help.  I can write in cpp, but have not yet done any coin development.  Whoever ends up leading the charge, PM me.
LtcBids

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:57:46 AM

I have hired a group of professional devs that will be performing a HARD FORK on SC... SC will keep all of it's original feautres and be returned too a working state at which time I will return control of the coin back to the community... I have paid out of pocket for the upgrades to begin... Please pass the following BTC address to the community thanks...

ProCoinDevs

btc 1DoyCmnuYpgwXWjLJs3rKs4h1NHRxSRyoM
komodovpn

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:58:20 AM

I have hired a group of professional devs that will be performing a HARD FORK on SC... SC will keep all of it's original feautres and be returned too a working state at which time I will return control of the coin back to the community... I have paid out of pocket for the upgrades to begin... Please pass the following BTC address to the community thanks...

ProCoinDevs

wow, brand new account

so pro!

rynomster

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:59:44 AM

Me I can compile for mac Tongue
Spent a week trying to compile a Mac wallet on a Mavericks VM for CINNI Tongue so my mac build environment is at least up Smiley
Unfortunately I can't help from a dev point of view as I'm tied up with CINNI and a few other projects.

Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:59:58 AM

Somebody PM me when a pool needs to be brought back up for SC or whatever it turns into. www.diggerpool.com

rynomster

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:00:30 AM

ProCoinDevs

wow, brand new account

so pro!

Lol coulda at least used vanitygen or something if they are pro

maxcan

Activity: 117

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:03:58 AM

Just for the record and to give all of you some faith in the resurrection of Silkcoin through community action, Whitecoin is still alive, getting stronger and going places due to the direct takeover from the community.
'Community' is yesterday's buzzword, much like how 'anon' is today's. If SC becomes like WC then count me out.

Reading the WC thread is depressing. It's a phantasmagoria of all the types and phases of hope and fear.

SC might still make it if something innovative comes in the next week. Otherwise it's totally dead.

Looking forward to seeing what bholzer is planning, but I consider my investment in this a loss.
komodovpn

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:05:28 AM

GUYS!! I SAW THE DEV SIGN ON JUST NOW.

https://i.imgur.com/2Sp0RCF.png

TIME TO PANIC BUY!!!!

SCGenius

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:10:47 AM

It seems that the NEWS is coming soon, and the rumors do seem to be a FACT! A very rich team of developers are working on all aspects of SilkCoin, and I believe the technology behind this coin is going to be revolutionary!!! Go SC, GO!
komodovpn

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:13:44 AM

It seems that the NEWS is coming soon, and the rumors do seem to be a FACT! A very rich team of developers are working on all aspects of SilkCoin, and I believe the technology behind this coin is going to be revolutionary!!! Go SC, GO!

another brand new account

a community with absolutely no moderation is a feeding ground for scammers, especially when the funding comes from a untraceable/irreversible payment method.

FredDag

Activity: 436

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:14:00 AM

I'm also happy to help as Imentioned a few pages back.
It's been years since I coded anything in C++ so I wouldn't be any good there.
I do have 10+ years as a web developer, with 7+ as a senior developer in the finance industry.
I also have a few ideas/suggestions, based on my finance dev experience, which I think could help SC.
maxcan

Activity: 117

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:15:36 AM

another brand new account

a community with absolutely no moderation is a feeding ground for scammers, especially when the funding comes from a untraceable/irreversible payment method.

Disgusting, isn't it?
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 01:16:50 AM

I wish someone would fix the "Unwatch" button... Cry

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: