Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:23:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:45:08 AM

I never seen no trolls.  Goin over the bridge not under it.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:45:22 AM

Quote:

Oh no I think you are confused - I never bought this piece of shit and never will. Did you miss everything I said? Also the dev dumped everything - premine, instamine, and all - I wouldn't expect too much more activity from him. He's busy on his next scam already. He will surely post again to string you along even more even though he no longer benefits. Why would he work hard for you guys for free? He sold his shares - he's done. A guy that premines 4.5% and then dumps it on the market isn't looking out for your best interests - I promise.

Oh, I see. I must have missed your post. Thanks for looking out for us. Lord knows we have no mind of our own. Seriously, are you OK? You do seem a little stressed out and I just want to ensure you are OK? As with any random stranger I meet on the net, I just want to make sure you're OK. Maybe I can help you?

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
bmwz520

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:46:37 AM

Where is DEV? Updates will be at what time?
AnaSardinha

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:51:46 AM

I would like to ask for some help pls.  Grin
I'm trying to mint some SC but I don't know if I'm forgetting something.
I hover over the lighting type icon and it says the days left for reward, I've been patiently waiting to see, came down to a day, had to restart the PC, the expected time for reward now went up again, this time to 4 days. At this rate, (and maybe of fault of accustomed to faster minting) I'm starting to think I'll never see it minting. Anything I can do to improve this? Any tips?

you can compare staking with the mining process in proof of work (PoW) coins like bitcoin.
just that hashing power in bitcoin would equal the amount of silkcoin you are staking.

higher amount of silkcoin staked-> higher interest (blockrewards) and more frequently

ty for your post  Grin

Razorcoin : RHWYvxwYtymjxWnZLcHumxma84RDUGEUqq
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:54:30 AM

Dude stopping quoting and replying to him, just friggin ignore him. Click the ignore button under his name
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:57:02 AM

Quote:

LOL, well I thought we could still play with the troll over here on this side. I want to learn about him, study his thoughts, his actions. He seems to be a professional and might offer the community some serious insights into this new segment of behavioral science.

Dude stopping quoting and replying to him, just friggin ignore him. Click the ignore button under his name

yang5034

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:00:01 AM

dev,why don't you put your primine address on the frontpage and let all of us to see the primine coins are still there.the guy always say you have dumped the primine coins and the price still falling down.
bluepixie

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:01:12 AM

why don't you put your primine address on the frontpage and let all of us to see the primine coins are still there.the gury always say you have dumped the primine coins and the price still falling down.

this is it
http://explorer.silk-coin.com/address/B4pBMP1iJJxAJLTMgvT5nHfHnrJedJLrij

silk: BGBAs75ApT81uGLQZN7qdzrUVj8DXiYscF
piggy: pbDUdRPkhoxTGLmrXp4wuMgwoHbUfgrTW8
yang5034

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:01:25 AM

Mistakes happen, and as I told you even when we saw it we never considered it as a flaw. To tell you the truth I can't remember exactly when we saw it but I remember we did'nt really care since it had 0 implication and we had a lot more problems to deal with.
Anyway is it really worth talking about it for hours? Once again no we don't think this is a "basic element", not a flaw, and no it wasn't a priority at launch since we had a lot of other issues to deal with, as an example testing if we could integrate the eco-system in the BC code since it was planned from start.

dev,why don't you put your primine address on the frontpage and let all of us to see the primine coins are still there.the guy always say you have dumped the primine coins and the price still falling down.
pissmusic

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:06:06 AM

here is my 2 silkcoins about this mess of a thread.

i am kind of new to posting on here, but i have been lurking for some time ((not just on the silkroad thread but btctalk in general))

first of all, i have learned that the trolls really can win on these forums. the baddies want you to sell the coin and they will sit in here ALL DAY spitting lies and useless stupid comments into the thread in hopes that some of you will sell off your coins, thus making the price go down. its almost like a snow ball effect. mega man is doing work right now. hes working for himself, hes not looking out for you. he is just trying to get his pay at the end of the day. maybe he is serious about what he is saying (which i really dont believe) or more likely, he is trying to get the coins you guys are scared to hold for when the price goes up.

it doesnt make sense why the price is so fucking low, there are many factors to it, and one of them is probably this shitstorm of a thread. this is supposed to be somewhat informational and decent to read but as of the last 75~ pages you guys have really shit it up. not just the fudsters, but everyone. here's a tip for everyone here:

SMOKE SOME DAMN WEED LOL

relax.

its getting worse and worse, you all are starting to turn on each other and are getting very impatient. just relax. silkcoin is going to be a great coin. dont expect it to be the next bitcoin or whatever the fuck you wish it would be. its going to be its own coin, and it will be a damn good one. the dev team HAS been on time with the coin updates and they are doing a damn good job with the wallet. these ideas, if carried out, will be a huge asset to the coin. no one can deny that. the fudsters are trying to MAKE YOU DUMP YOUR FUCKING COINS BEFORE YOU EVEN GET TO HOLD THEM & USE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE MEANT TO BE USED FOR.

you guys. if you want to see this coin succeed, then lets act like it. if you want this coin to succeed, you need to show your appreciation to the dev team. you need to help them help you make a great coin. if they are developing this currency and they come here and see what you guys are doing to one of the only true places to talk about silkcoin online, what you are all doing to the name of it and sending potentially interested people away, why would they want to continue making the coin?

you guys need to relax and be decisive. are you here to make a quick buck? or are you here for the long run. if you are here for the money, then you may have not chose the best place to be. there were many more profitiable coins to invest in even in the last week. if you are here to invest and be here for a long time, even if it goes to fucking 0 satoshis, then you need to not pay any mind to the stupid little attention whores like megaman and all these other people im not even going to take the time in naming. fuck those guys, silkcoin rules.

all in all, i think everyone in this thread should just log off or chill the fuck out for a few days. let the price do what it wants, let the devs release some stuff, and just relax. silkcoin isnt going anywhere bad, at least not soon. i have faith in the dev & community that this coin wont just die on the side of the road.

ps. if people are really harassing the dev/s via his old who.is info, heres a thing id like to say to you: you are a lousy garbage man and i hope you choke.

xoxo
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:11:05 AM

Mistakes happen, and as I told you even when we saw it we never considered it as a flaw. To tell you the truth I can't remember exactly when we saw it but I remember we did'nt really care since it had 0 implication and we had a lot more problems to deal with.
Anyway is it really worth talking about it for hours? Once again no we don't think this is a "basic element", not a flaw, and no it wasn't a priority at launch since we had a lot of other issues to deal with, as an example testing if we could integrate the eco-system in the BC code since it was planned from start.

This deserves a response. You see price being "push down" not falling down. The big sell orders are back a little so you can get your sell orders (panic sells) in front and his buy orders waiting below to feed and gobble them up on the cheap and in large quantity. This is called churning and chumming. Worse thing you can do is place a sell or buy order during this time. You also telegraph what you are wanting to do and makes it simple for them to know how to position their trades. Hope this helps educate and keep you from losing and going into panic mode (weak hands always lose). You see, you really only lose when you sell, unless your are trading on the dips and know how to play that along with the bots. Take that for what it's worth --trading is more than keystrokes, it's also a mind game.

Silkcoin-DevM

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:11:58 AM

Hey guys

I am one of the Silkcoin devs and I am primarily in charge of the front and back-end of the eco-system for Silkcoin. I want to let everyone know that there is nothing to worry  about. The premine was consolidated into one wallet and this will be updated in the OP. Our lead dev under the "Silkcoin" account here is currently away, he had some other important things to attend to and will not be able to come online today. I was told to post this update for everyone. Let me clarify a few things that were brought up in the last several (this is an understatement) pages to try to calm the panic a bit:

We are still hard at work. The new wallet update is slightly delayed due to some unforeseen circumstances. We will have the new update launched by tomorrow at 8 PM GMT.

Regarding the WHOIS change for the Silkcoin official site is to protect ourselves. Due to the nature of the upcoming Eco-System feature we have decided to anonymize ourselves (the creators and devs of the Silkcoin project) to protect ourselves from legal threats. We are still on pace to release the first public beta of the Eco-System for everyone to try.

If there are any other things I may have missed, please feel free to contact me via PM directly. I will address these issues.

Our lead dev will be back by tomorrow and will be posting the download links for the new wallet update. We are almost done the final testing stages, need to iron out a few bugs and some minor glitches and it will be good to go.

Thanks for all those who still continue to support us.
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:13:46 AM

here is my 2 silkcoins about this mess of a thread.

i am kind of new to posting on here, but i have been lurking for some time ((not just on the silkroad thread but btctalk in general))

first of all, i have learned that the trolls really can win on these forums. the baddies want you to sell the coin and they will sit in here ALL DAY spitting lies and useless stupid comments into the thread in hopes that some of you will sell off your coins, thus making the price go down. its almost like a snow ball effect. mega man is doing work right now. hes working for himself, hes not looking out for you. he is just trying to get his pay at the end of the day. maybe he is serious about what he is saying (which i really dont believe) or more likely, he is trying to get the coins you guys are scared to hold for when the price goes up.

it doesnt make sense why the price is so fucking low, there are many factors to it, and one of them is probably this shitstorm of a thread. this is supposed to be somewhat informational and decent to read but as of the last 75~ pages you guys have really shit it up. not just the fudsters, but everyone. here's a tip for everyone here:

SMOKE SOME DAMN WEED LOL

relax.

its getting worse and worse, you all are starting to turn on each other and are getting very impatient. just relax. silkcoin is going to be a great coin. dont expect it to be the next bitcoin or whatever the fuck you wish it would be. its going to be its own coin, and it will be a damn good one. the dev team HAS been on time with the coin updates and they are doing a damn good job with the wallet. these ideas, if carried out, will be a huge asset to the coin. no one can deny that. the fudsters are trying to MAKE YOU DUMP YOUR FUCKING COINS BEFORE YOU EVEN GET TO HOLD THEM & USE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE MEANT TO BE USED FOR.

you guys. if you want to see this coin succeed, then lets act like it. if you want this coin to succeed, you need to show your appreciation to the dev team. you need to help them help you make a great coin. if they are developing this currency and they come here and see what you guys are doing to one of the only true places to talk about silkcoin online, what you are all doing to the name of it and sending potentially interested people away, why would they want to continue making the coin?

you guys need to relax and be decisive. are you here to make a quick buck? or are you here for the long run. if you are here for the money, then you may have not chose the best place to be. there were many more profitiable coins to invest in even in the last week. if you are here to invest and be here for a long time, even if it goes to fucking 0 satoshis, then you need to not pay any mind to the stupid little attention whores like megaman and all these other people im not even going to take the time in naming. fuck those guys, silkcoin rules.

all in all, i think everyone in this thread should just log off or chill the fuck out for a few days. let the price do what it wants, let the devs release some stuff, and just relax. silkcoin isnt going anywhere bad, at least not soon. i have faith in the dev & community that this coin wont just die on the side of the road.

ps. if people are really harassing the dev/s via his old who.is info, heres a thing id like to say to you: you are a lousy garbage man and i hope you choke.

xoxo

Your use of swears words reflects your intelligence and I find it offensive. Not a good thing for the community and honestly, ignoring the troll is worse than you think.

maxcan

Activity: 117

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:17:29 AM

Hey guys

I am one of the Silkcoin devs

can you prove it?
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:18:03 AM

Hey guys

I am one of the Silkcoin devs and I am primarily in charge of the front and back-end of the eco-system for Silkcoin. I want to let everyone know that there is nothing to worry  about. The premine was consolidated into one wallet and this will be updated in the OP. Our lead dev under the "Silkcoin" account here is currently away, he had some other important things to attend to and will not be able to come online today. I was told to post this update for everyone. Let me clarify a few things that were brought up in the last several (this is an understatement) pages to try to calm the panic a bit:

We are still hard at work. The new wallet update is slightly delayed due to some unforeseen circumstances. We will have the new update launched by tomorrow at 8 PM GMT.

Regarding the WHOIS change for the Silkcoin official site is to protect ourselves. Due to the nature of the upcoming Eco-System feature we have decided to anonymize ourselves (the creators and devs of the Silkcoin project) to protect ourselves from legal threats. We are still on pace to release the first public beta of the Eco-System for everyone to try.

If there are any other things I may have missed, please feel free to contact me via PM directly. I will address these issues.

Our lead dev will be back by tomorrow and will be posting the download links for the new wallet update. We are almost done the final testing stages, need to iron out a few bugs and some minor glitches and it will be good to go.

Awesome news, you are doing such a great job!
At least its a good time to buy some more Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:21:21 AM

Hey guys

I am one of the Silkcoin devs

can you prove it?

Good point. Hate to admit it, but indicates you are brand new. Credential verification please.

pissmusic

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:24:01 AM

wall of text

Your use of swears words reflects your intelligence and I find it offensive. Not a good thing for the community and honestly, ignoring the troll is worse than you think.

lol ok. quoting them is better then? at least i am trying to help, who cares how smart or dumb you think i am. i want people to hope for a positive future of this coin and not sell their coins because they are scared off by people like them.
m104323419

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:25:13 AM

Hey guys

tomorrow at 8 PM GMT  25.6.2014  or  24.6.2014
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:25:36 AM

wall of text

lol ok. quoting them is better then? at least i am trying to help, who cares how smart or dumb you think i am. i want people to hope for a positive future of this coin and not sell their coins because they are scared off by people like them.

I could tell you were stoned when you wrote that article. Am I right lol --it's all good

fusi0n

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:25:58 AM

Thread summary of last week or so

I would like to summarize the criticism as far as I have seen it:

4. The FUDstorm

There is convincing evidence that MEGAman/fat mike/gorilla jam posters are part of a group or sockpuppets of an account
that is delivering on a promise to derail the SC thread after failing to extort 0.5 BTC from the dev team.  
The dev team has responded calmly and carried on, which inspires confidence.
The concern is always that trolls manage to derail or anger the dev team enough that they withdraw,
this has happily not happened and in my opinion is why you need a team of dev rather than just one dev.

A new community self moderated thread has risen in response to the extortionFUD but there are problems with that as well.
Unfortunately the side effect of serious trolling is that it galvanizes the community and creates mindless yes-men who want to protect their investment.
This is not always positive and we need to be vigilant to this. Too much hype can kill something as effectively as too much FUD.

My take on it:
SC dev team have managed this as well as possible.
The problem is now that with the extortion, everyone is sensitized to criticism and wonder if negative comments are part of the same FUDteam.
Hopefully responses can be tailored to specific criticism (as in the Cryptodevil case) and not all criticism criticized for being critical.

5. The 4.5% premine

Initial premine was planned at 2% but there was lot of early pressure from community to halve the second POW payout and so give earlier investors more incentive.
The payout was halved, so dropping the total number of coins created and hence raising the % of premine.
There has been some in community asking for premine to be destroyed and some strong reactions against this.

The obvious concern with the premine is that devs could desert the initiative and sell off their share and so crash the price.
It is obvious that a lot of work has already gone into creating this coin and that a lot more work is planned.
I for one would hope that devs become rich from this venture but only after enriching the world by delivering innovation and creation.
The addresses containing the premine is public and movement of the funds can be watched.

My take:
I see a need for a dev fund. I don't see fundamental difference between 2% and 4.5%.
I hope the devs also bought or mined lots of SC on top of that fund.

TLDR:

Valid criticism to dev attention to detail but important things have always worked or been fixed immediately.
Some details have not worried the dev team but it does worry some in the community. (Community participation can help to fix details.)
There is ample evidence of dev team competency, just look at the wallet and the fact that others are now copying SC wallet.
There is a vision contained in white paper that could change wallet functionality.

Disclaimer:
I own some SC but not enough that I will be able to retire if it is $10 per SC.
(I plan to keep all of them until I can used them without turning into anything else.)
I am bullish on SC and think that it will increase in price.

Again great summary...

I've trimmed 1-3 as they don't seem to be discussed anymore...

For the full summary see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599438.msg7458229#msg7458229
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: