Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:49:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
bit-coin.pt

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

bit-coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 10:56:17 PM

I think XC pumping is starting  Wink

Yup I think you are right.. Whales will be back here when its 7k....

Whales are here now @ 15k / 16k hoarding the "plankton" they can get... my opinion...

Bit-Coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal - Ajuda o projecto com donativos para 18brXUnsJEXmmEwuwdf7QfkfwQY341492f
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CatKiwi

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:09:46 PM

I have a feeling its not whales that are dumping - it's moronic day traders. The walls put up are the whales telling traders "If you want to sell your coins and buy into a pump on XC or CINNI you will have to sell under me". I remember when I first started out trading, not knowing any better, selling a whole bunch of DOGE at the bottom of a dump because I thought I could make more in the brand new 'Catcoin' market - Didn't work out so well, I sold in a dump and bought into a pump with CAtcoin and took a 50% hit in portfolio value.

Guys, be smart, you know all these markets are manipulated, you know that the pumpers have taken their foot off the pedal in order to attract you into buying coins like CINNI, XC and DRK which they have bought hundreds of thousands of in the past few days for around 30% less than you are buying them for.

It's sad when you people don't realize this and, blinded by greed, start buying into a pump only to be dumped on at the snap of the fingers and forced to come crawling back to the coin you sold low only to find that others have bet you to it and its now 10% more expensive than when you sold it.

coine_smithe

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:12:02 PM

I think XC pumping is starting  Wink

Yup I think you are right.. Whales will be back here when its 7k....

Whales are here now @ 15k / 16k hoarding the "plankton" they can get... my opinion...

Ya 15K has been thoroughly tested. There is no way it will go to 7K or even 10K. Earlier a dumper was getting his fake sells bought left and right and he had to quit. There are shitcoins being pumped left and right and VRC is as stable as a rock right now. Pros are accumulating this coin for sure. The people who deserve to make the most from a good coin like this are those who worked hard to mine and contribute to the community. But sometimes those people are the first to get scared by BS market tactics. It's time for a real coin to give rewards to investors, not market manipulators. This coin is on everyone's radar on Twitter. Believe me, this is the absolute worst time to let your hard earned coins go. Just hold a little while longer and you will be handsomely rewarded.
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:21:02 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with CatKiwi and coine_smith HODL YOUR VRC WE ARE GOING UP!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
senn001

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:22:35 PM

I have a feeling its not whales that are dumping - it's moronic day traders. The walls put up are the whales telling traders "If you want to sell your coins and buy into a pump on XC or CINNI you will have to sell under me". I remember when I first started out trading, not knowing any better, selling a whole bunch of DOGE at the bottom of a dump because I thought I could make more in the brand new 'Catcoin' market - Didn't work out so well, I sold in a dump and bought into a pump with CAtcoin and took a 50% hit in portfolio value.

Guys, be smart, you know all these markets are manipulated, you know that the pumpers have taken their foot off the pedal in order to attract you into buying coins like CINNI, XC and DRK which they have bought hundreds of thousands of in the past few days for around 30% less than you are buying them for.

It's sad when you people don't realize this and, blinded by greed, start buying into a pump only to be dumped on at the snap of the fingers and forced to come crawling back to the coin you sold low only to find that others have bet you to it and its now 10% more expensive than when you sold it.

Well said.. very informative.. I am a newbie trader what you've said is exactly the same what happened to me..
Switching coins when I saw some pumps from other coins.. and I end up loosing BTC.
lolikop

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:28:35 PM

Nice article here: Why Vericoin is a good buy

https://www.rapidcx.com/blog/why-vericoin-is-a-good-buy
kleineaap

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:29:22 PM

This guy. This guy is my friend. Thank you for your thoughts all throughout this thread. You're an enjoyable read and your warnings should have a bigger audience. It's obvious to me that you understand this market correctly, yet many people get too afraid over rumours no longer than 140 characters.
If you all want to see VRC up there on top 3, like it should imo, you're gonna have to pull it from the exchanges into your wallets, build stake and help the network.
Start spending VRC as well, look around for places where to spend it, push businesses to accept it. But don't sell it cheap for BTC.
Remember this is an unique and very well developed but yet immature coin, price wise is way undervalued. As for now, any buy in on this coin is surely profitable if you stop selling it this cheap to the hungry idiots that will later dump on you.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:37:01 PM

I see a whole lot of newer people to BCT forums like myself, saying this is a keeper..but no old timers are. Dosent look like a good sign to me. Pls prove me wrong , as I hope I am.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:40:59 PM

pretty great write up, here is what I do, kind of in reverse, first and all, I try really hard not to sell anything, for I believe it is like selling google stock when it was 1$, so what I do I identify strong development team behind an operation (Vericoin is the prime example, password protected SMS payments tells me so, there are other signals) I also do not enter at the beginning of when coin is announced (I made only one exception and that was SYNC, an extremely rare coin that I was afraid would not be sold on cheap, but it was it turned out..

so then I identify highest profitability coin with lowest difficulty and I sell them quick and purchase Vericoin if on low which it is,, I also enter multipool because they do this extremely well.. and so in the loop , and trying to get a "position" all long term planning because crypto is at the very beginning of history and for me it is not some kind of a game...

and please don't re-brand it logo is just fine
CatKiwi

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:42:33 PM

Well said.. very informative.. I am a newbie trader what you've said is exactly the same what happened to me..
Switching coins when I saw some pumps from other coins.. and I end up loosing BTC.

Thanks! I want to help others avoid making the same mistakes I (we) have made. By educating people on the mind and the craftiness of the Pump n Dumpers and the pitfalls of chasing BTC in an already pumped market I hope to:

- Enable even new traders to spot the warning signs of a market being held down, and be cautious of a market being held up.
- Make it easier for new traders to identify 'sound investments' (as sound as can be in this crazy world of Crypto anyway). The most important factor in making a profit day trading is Volume, the most important factor in investing is the participation level of the community. If a coin is just one dev and a bunch of bagholders it will fail, if it is one or two devs and a whole community of great people sharing ideas, dispelling myths and FUD, being civil to others; then the coin will likely go up in the medium term.

Note: I do not recommend investing in a coin with anything that you cannot afford to lose completely. Its a crazy market where one day a coin can shoot up 300% and the next day it drops 90%.

In saying that there are two coins that I believe have the potential to go bigger than they currently are: Bitcoin and Vericoin.

XC and DRK are interesting but in this world of greed there is far more Bitcoin to be made pumping up Vericoin and Bitcoin itself than DRK and XC. Vericoin could easily double on the next leg up - for XC or DRK to double requires HUGE investment from everyone in the market and you can be assured that there are more people willing to sell for a 100% profit in these two markets than people willing to buy.

A coin that is roughly 10% the value of its competition whilst having the same if not superior features is the coin you want to be investing in. DRK is overpriced compared to XC, and XC is overpriced compared to VRC.

A crypto trader given an opportunity of a 10% chance to make 10x on his investment and a 50% chance to make 2x on his investment will ALWAYS pick the former - Remember the fundamental driver of traders is GREED, not logic or 'safe investing', they want as much BTC as they can get and they want it NOW.

Understand the mind of the average trader and become a master at working out WHAT they are going to be buying up, and WHEN they are going to be buying it. Work this out and you will make a steady stream of income simply buying before the pump and selling before the dump.

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:44:52 PM

I see a whole lot of newer people to BCT forums like myself, saying this is a keeper..but no old timers are. Dosent look like a good sign to me. Pls prove me wrong , as I hope I am.

It seems to me that a lot of the users giving solid advice have been on here close to 6 months, which in the alt world is an eternity...
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:47:38 PM

Thanks! I want to help others avoid making the same mistakes I (we) have made. By educating people on the mind and the craftiness of the Pump n Dumpers and the pitfalls of chasing BTC in an already pumped market I hope to:

- Enable even new traders to spot the warning signs of a market being held down, and be cautious of a market being held up.
- Make it easier for new traders to identify 'sound investments' (as sound as can be in this crazy world of Crypto anyway). The most important factor in making a profit day trading is Volume, the most important factor in investing is the participation level of the community. If a coin is just one dev and a bunch of bagholders it will fail, if it is one or two devs and a whole community of great people sharing ideas, dispelling myths and FUD, being civil to others; then the coin will likely go up in the medium term.

Note: I do not recommend investing in a coin with anything that you cannot afford to lose completely. Its a crazy market where one day a coin can shoot up 300% and the next day it drops 90%.

In saying that there are two coins that I believe have the potential to go bigger than they currently are: Bitcoin and Vericoin.

XC and DRK are interesting but in this world of greed there is far more Bitcoin to be made pumping up Vericoin and Bitcoin itself than DRK and XC. Vericoin could easily double on the next leg up - for XC or DRK to double requires HUGE investment from everyone in the market.

A coin that is roughly 10% the value of its competition whilst having the same if not superior features is the coin you want to be investing in. DRK is overpriced compared to XC, and XC is overpriced compared to VRC.

A crypto trader given an opportunity of a 10% chance to make 10x on his investment and a 50% chance to make 2x on his investment will ALWAYS pick the former - Remember the fundamental driver of traders is GREED, not logic or 'safe investing', they want as much BTC as they can get and they want it NOW.

Understand the mind of the average trader and become a master at working out WHAT they are going to be buying up, and WHEN they are going to be buying it. Work this out and you will make a steady stream of income simply buying before the pump and selling before the dump.

another great advice/write up, also in general majority of the population still has no clue about what we do, it is still an underground thing.. and we should celebrate that for it is now you can build up nice portfolio, by the time it goes to mainstream Vericoin will have anon nodes and features yet to be defined yet because if we knew what they were you would be truly rich , in coming years difficulty wil be so high also that people will be lucky to get few coins a day maybe one (as with bitcoin Today)
kleineaap

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:51:14 PM

It seems to me that a lot of the users giving solid advice have been on here close to 6 months, which in the alt world is an eternity...

Old timers run on greed, don't expect advice or participation from most. They are still here, but many of them have alt accounts.
They have better chances having more BTC as early adopters, thus having a shot manipulating the market. A few are in this thread spreading FUD and later thanking for the cheap coins. Try to look into those negativity signs.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:51:23 PM

I hope so, it would be nice to actually , after 6 months of mining various garbage, to have just 1 of them, pan out, ofc course I say that abt every coin that seems marketable, as this one is.
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:56:11 PM

I hope so, it would be nice to actually , after 6 months of mining various garbage, to have just 1 of them, pan out, ofc course I say that abt every coin that seems marketable, as this one is.

garbage can become gold with one single fork unless blockchain is all screwed up.. key is being persistent also merchant acceptance.. I do not believe bitcoin is marketable that way (it is psychologically valued like gold and we do not spend gold...) alt coins have this nice property for possible global payment system.. I love the SMS for it EXACTLY goes that direction.. and we still do not have "killer app" but it is coming

anyways talk soon making my other rounds across the landscape...

and you all will be old timers in due time lol.. that was funny
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:03:27 AM

Hi guys. I'd just like to reiterate a few points. Dan is looking at our ANON implementation because he's interested in it and because he is an old friend of mine from when I was much younger and offered to help me. I thought it would be useful to see what a true pro thought and was hoping that his input could assist us to make it better. Dan currently doesn't have a public opinion about crypto anon systems (and in fact stated that Bitcoin was most definitely not anonymous).

So with that, please don't invest only because Dan offered to take a look at our implementation. Please, please don't invest more than you have to lose.

That's not to say you shouldn't invest, just don't do it purely because I stupidly mentioned his name when addressing our ANON system.

Also, please don't bother Dan. He's really busy with saving the world.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
gs999

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 12:04:36 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 12:16:05 AM by gs999

I am reading a lot of wise words on this forum that sum up my experience with crypto trading.

I would like to add that people fail to realize the differences between coins. There is a world of difference between a coin that has been pre-mined and one that has not. People tend to generalize and when they see a coin drop in price they immediately go into panic mode assuming pre-mined coins are being sold off.  The reason that this coin has not kept on dropping after some major FUD / scare tactics is because it has not been pre-mined and the developer is interested in investing time and effort into his creation. This developer is well-known unlike 99% of the pump-and-dump coins which are in an entirely separate class. The developer can still be seen actively promoting this coin. VERICOIN = RESILIENCE.
coine_smithe

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:11:19 AM

Hi guys. I'd just like to reiterate a few points. Dan is looking at our ANON implementation because he's interested in it and because he is an old friend of mine from when I was much younger and offered to help me. I thought it would be useful to see what a true pro thought and was hoping that his input could assist us to make it better. Dan currently doesn't have a public opinion about crypto anon systems (and in fact stated that Bitcoin was most definitely not anonymous).

So with that, please don't invest only because Dan offered to take a look at our implementation. Please, please don't invest more than you have to lose.

That's not to say you shouldn't invest, just don't do it purely because I stupidly mentioned his name when addressing our ANON system.

Also, please don't bother Dan. He's really busy with saving the world.

Don't feel too guilty about dropping his name. We would all be excited to get help from such a skilled friend on a beloved project. Take it as a lesson learned. When you let info out on the internet all the creeps and weirdos will come out to haunt you. Hopefully the worst is past and whatever pestering he's experienced will die off soon.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:44:59 AM

Totally agree there. buy the good coins low, don't buy during the pump, at least not near the end! When I first started I did that sort of thing, not the best plan. Now I buy as good coins are going down. (Ones I believe will recover at least)

sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:17:33 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 02:02:09 AM by sdmathis

XC and DRK are interesting but in this world of greed there is far more Bitcoin to be made pumping up Vericoin and Bitcoin itself than DRK and XC. Vericoin could easily double on the next leg up - for XC or DRK to double requires HUGE investment from everyone in the market and you can be assured that there are more people willing to sell for a 100% profit in these two markets than people willing to buy.

I enjoy your analysis. The most unusual thing about it is that it's usually spot-on. Who called for a drop in VRC to about 15K before re-grouping and continuing it's upward climb? You did.

VeriCoin has a lot of newbies that could benefit greatly by your no nonsense analysis. Thanks, and keep up the good work. It's good to have you posting on the forums.

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: