Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:15:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NFDv2] - NFD Coin - Thread locked  (Read 209421 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:47:12 PM

so why do scams get to 3000 sats, and coins like NFD are having trouble? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=698844

Because scammers and flashy people have one skill that can't be beat...in the short term: they know how to read people's "hot buttons" and excite them. Longer term...well, let me put it this way. There's a theory that the richest and most successful Internet Marketers have Attention Deficit Disorder....

I just wonder why those skills can't be combined with a "good coin"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackychan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

The future will be Digital

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:33:09 PM

At hitbtc.com voting list,we are first place have been replace by other coin,we now on second,let's vote vote vote which we can help NFD grow

jackychan

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:24:44 PM

James was trying to apply Nxt algo to BCTD - https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxt-is-not-trustless-and-premined-by-very-few-people-how-do-you-answer-that/20/

I wonder if it is possible to incorporate cryptonote (anonymous feature of BCTD) into NFD. We need functions and  features. Gateway is not the priority because we already have a gateway which is Bter.

Agree, But how could we add the anonymous feature? It hard to implement to a cryprocurrency which no any coin even bitcoin could makes transaction anonymous, and some coins trying to makes it reality by using third party plugins,or some like darkcoin and XC etc will done?

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 03:40:16 PM

so why do scams get to 3000 sats, and coins like NFD are having trouble? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=698844

Because scammers and flashy people have one skill that can't be beat...in the short term: they know how to read people's "hot buttons" and excite them. Longer term...well, let me put it this way. There's a theory that the richest and most successful Internet Marketers have Attention Deficit Disorder....

Well...who is to be in charge? The long-term developer or the promoter with the short attention span? That's one to think about...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:48:20 PM

Well...who is to be in charge? The long-term developer or the promoter with the short attention span? That's one to think about...

is it marketing, or are there "pump-teams" on the back?

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:03:33 PM

xGate update - made a full round trip today (on testNet, between two of my own accounts).

It works, but the internal logic needs to be ruggedized a bit. But we will get there!

more soon!

By the way: To trade on xGate you will of course need an NFD account and and NXT account also! - Sure - where else to send your otherCoin to when you don't have the other account  Grin
CoinKombinat

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:11:42 PM

xGate update - made a full round trip today (on testNet, between two of my own accounts).

It works, but the internal logic needs to be ruggedized a bit. But we will get there!

more soon!

By the way: To trade on xGate you will of course need an NFD account and and NXT account also! - Sure - where else to send your otherCoin to when you don't have the other account  Grin

Very nice!  Wink
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 09:29:39 PM

Cmon NFD! I have never held a coin and boughtso many of one coin in my life! LETS GET THIS PARTY ROCKIN!

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:49:39 AM

is it marketing, or are there "pump-teams" on the back?

Myself, I'm kind-of leery about pump teams. These days, they'd likely "overdeliver" and cause a huge spike followed by a huge bear market.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:05:58 AM

Cmon NFD! I have never held a coin and boughtso many of one coin in my life! LETS GET THIS PARTY ROCKIN!

Same here, man. Smiley In fact, I bought so much that I turned off the forging in my client.

But, I have to confess that I'm hoping for a go-slow price-wise. That's because I want to buy more.

True confession: had NFD not changed my life, I would have sunk my BTC into Reddcoin. The thing languished for the longest time at 4-5 satoshis; in fact, it languished there so long, Cryptsy was on the verge of closing the RDD/BTC market and transferring Redd to the Litecoin board.  When the Redd team announced "Proof-of-Stake Velocity," the coin woke up and jumped to about 10 satoshis.

And - even though I had a lot of Redd at the time - I actually resented the rise! I was hoping Redd would stay a "sleeper," a kind of ace in the hole, so I could make more BTC elsewhere and roll into RDD when I could. Before pitching in and promoting it, of course. Smiley

Long story short: I sold all my RDD at the beginning of its current rise, in order to roll into something else. Wink Atm, Redd's at 20 satoshis.

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 11:13:29 AM

more soon!

Very nice!  Wink

Yes, very nice!  Grin

But I suggest taking advantage of the fact that NFD is now a well-kept "open secret" of sorts, what stock market guys call a "sleeper." You have lots of time to test, debug, test and test again - just like good ol' MaWoSmiley The upside to the bulk of the BTT community seeing NFD as a big yawn, is that there's no real need to be hasty.

This way, the "big surprise" will be (cumulatively) bigger... Wink

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:37:42 PM

more soon!

By the way: To trade on xGate you will of course need an NFD account and and NXT account also! - Sure - where else to send your otherCoin to when you don't have the other account  Grin

Very nice!  Wink

Yes, very nice!  Grin

But I suggest taking advantage of the fact that NFD is now a well-kept "open secret" of sorts, what stock market guys call a "sleeper." You have lots of time to test, debug, test and test again - just like good ol' MaWo.  Smiley The upside to the bulk of the BTT community seeing NFD as a big yawn, is that there's no real need to be hasty.

This way, the "big surprise" will be (cumulatively) bigger... Wink

yep- my sentiment also. I am happy to have a minimal version running, and I certainly won't stop now. Some issues were: I do not have a test simulator (yet), so the testing time was painfully long, because for every test I had to go through the blockchain from the very beginning again, i.e. issue buy order (manually from customer acct), then have xGate issue sell order one, wait for trade, have xGate issue sell order2, issue buy order 2 (manually from customer acct2), wait for trade, transfer tokens back from acct1 and acct2, and then check for correct sending of coins. Esp. the last steps have eaten up tremendous amounts of time, because for every bloody little typo I had to start from step1 again  Tongue

But lucky I got that far yesterday at least, because today the NXT testNet has issues with blockchain versions! They are going from 1.2.0e to 1.2.1e and I can't test today... Which is good, because I have a few other things to take care of and I need a day or so off from this anyway!
As I said, the basic use case is there, and we could test it as soon as the NXT testNet is running smoothly again.
But then, there are several contingencies which I will have to add to make it robust: ALICE might decide to cancel a sell offer when BOB does not take it- that would mean ALICE would send her tokens back to xGate w/o trade, and xGate would send back the original coins to ALICE.
Also, BOB might issue a BUY order that eats up several SELL orders in one trade, and then send in ALL the tokens in one transfer. This is not covered atm either. These kinds of things are not the standard use case, but they will occur occasionally, and must be taken care of.
Also, there is the issue that I think it will be better when xGate sends coins ONLY to accounts that in fact have a pubKey- this way embarrassing situations can be avoided when someone makes a mistake when entering their 'other' account into the transfer comment at which to receive the 'other' coins, and the coins are sent into Nirvana..
Don't worry, we will be able to go live before that and just have to remind our customers to stick to the initial standard use cases only, and if something goes cross, fix it manually.
 Grin

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:17:38 PM

you can also share the interview with the devs
http://www.coinssource.com/interview-with-nfds-developer/
jackychan

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:07:40 AM

Its seems that the dumper sell all their NFD, and the post not as hit as before? any new person buying ?

ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:41:05 AM

Its seems that the dumper sell all their NFD, and the post not as hit as before? any new person buying ?

Now is a 8BTC selling wall on 4 satoshi! The people seem to have no trust in NFD

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:02:17 PM

Now is a 8BTC selling wall on 4 satoshi! The people seem to have no trust in NFD

Yep...and that's a real disappointment to me, although I'm becoming inured to it. My initial burst of publicity, using a "Victims to Victors!" narrative, fell into the publicity answer to /dev/null. No-one seems to care, even in the outside world.

In fact, my initial forays are a flat failure in one sense but in another sense are very revealing. I now know that we altcoineers are pretty much a fringe movement at the moment - which is strikingly like the Internet itself in the early 1990s. Believe it or not, Bill Gates knew about the Internet in 1991 but publicly pooh-poohed it! He thought the future was with Email.   

Also, obstacle-wise, our fickle finger of fashionable fads has pointed away from Nxt clones and to something else. If there's any consolation, anyone who got a distribution as a participant in the original scam-IPO had lots of chance to get out with a miniscule profit. The only people who are down a lot are the ones who bought in the trading thread at ~10 satoshis. I'm one of them, and I don't mind in the least. I'm here for the long haul.

In fact, I've thrown all the BTC I could wangle into NFD at three satoshis. Atm, I have something like 140 million NFD even after I've redeemed about 80% of that NFDGate asset. And here I am, wishing I had the BTC to buy more...

But that's me. Call me stuck in the mud, but I don't trust a gain that comes before a long period of waiting. In fact, that old-school distrust makes me a lousy short-term trader. And yes, I have "Proof of Losses" to back that up. Grin

Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:11:49 PM

In fact, my initial forays are a flat failure in one sense but in another sense are very revealing. I now know that we altcoineers are pretty much a fringe movement at the moment - which is strikingly like the Internet itself in the early 1990s. Believe it or not, Bill Gates knew about the Internet in 1991 but publicly pooh-poohed it! He thought the future was with Email.  

The problem is the core idea of "fair distribution". It attracts short term dumpers, including all their socks. It's really bad to buy these so-called "fair distribution" coins just after the launch. It's good to wait  a month or two before buying as prices are sure to drop after it hits the exchange.

IPO should not be too cheap where there is no risk at all, there should be be higher investment opportunity for those who want to risk more, it should be 100% escrow only (not like what happened here with partial escrow), UtopianFuture started this communist "fair distribution" idea but it's pure crap, really.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:16:55 PM

Yep...and that's a real disappointment to me, although I'm becoming inured to it. My initial burst of publicity, using a "Victims to Victors!" narrative, fell into the publicity answer to /dev/null. No-one seems to care, even in the outside world.

Also, obstacle-wise, our fickle finger of fashionable fads has pointed away from Nxt clones and to something else. If there's any consolation, anyone who got a distribution as a participant in the original scam-IPO had lots of chance to get out with a miniscule profit. The only people who are down a lot are the ones who bought in the trading thread at ~10 satoshis. I'm one of them, and I don't mind in the least. I'm here for the long haul.

In fact, I've thrown all the BTC I could wangle into NFD at three satoshis. Atm, I have something like 140 million NFD even after I've redeemed about 80% of that NFDGate asset. And here I am, wishing I had the BTC to buy more...

But that's me. Call me stuck in the mud, but I don't trust a gain that comes before a long period of waiting. In fact, that old-school distrust makes me a lousy short-term trader. And yes, I have "Proof of Losses" to back that up. Grin

I like your attitude Nxtblg and wish the best to NFD.
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:31:54 PM

damn, without him we wouldn't have bidorders at all anymore

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:20:05 PM

Thanks. Y'all come back now, heah?  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: