Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:52:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [COINO] The Coin(O) Community Discussion thread  (Read 70355 times)
gwopr

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:52:42 PM

The sync does not work at times.

It is obvious that unless trading or uses of CNO start to increase, most of the new blocks are going to be only empty blocks.  Wink

I will ASAP check if the sync is stable and reliable.
anyway you're right: as soon as there are no transactions, blocks are empty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 08:50:05 AM

No syn/connection(s)/node(s) for 6 days?

No further burning oils?

Is this after-life of POW Altcoins?

Whoever running the CNO nodes recently:  Would you please have the CNO node(s) up and running for less than a week, until new node(s) can be set up and take over ?

Thanks. Cheesy Wink
my CNO wallet is still not syncing? Without a synced CNO, how could I get anybody to set up a node to take over?  Huh

gwopr

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:58:41 AM

No syn/connection(s)/node(s) for 6 days?

No further burning oils?

Is this after-life of POW Altcoins?

Whoever running the CNO nodes recently:  Would you please have the CNO node(s) up and running for less than a week, until new node(s) can be set up and take over ?

Thanks. Cheesy Wink
my CNO wallet is still not syncing? Without a synced CNO, how could I get anybody to set up a node to take over?  Huh

I confirm: wallet can't sync. Admins please check this out: if it does not sync, the coin is dead!
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 02:23:28 PM

lol admins Cheesy

It still trades on Cryptopia, so there must be some nodes.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 02:43:07 PM

Cryptopia list nodes, as an experiment it would be nice if CNO can survive as a fee only network, just takes funding 2-3 reliable nodes. That's about $150/year to maintain a no intrest chain.  Crowd fund it, I will throw in my 1/150th share Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:40:01 AM

Cryptopia list nodes, as an experiment it would be nice if CNO can survive as a fee only network, just takes funding 2-3 reliable nodes. That's about $150/year to maintain a no intrest chain.  Crowd fund it, I will throw in my 1/150th share Wink

Seems like it needs more activity first, although that may be something of a chicken and egg situation.

Out of the last 5000 minted blocks, only one (1) of those had a transaction attached to it. There seems to be no real benefit to endlessly minting zero reward zero transaction blocks, apart from protecting the network from an attack... but that isn't going to work very well if no one is mining it (6 days since last block) and difficulty is at minimum (it's currently 0.00024414)

It would be possible to set up something to mine normally when there are pending or recently incorporated transactions, then gradually back off as they get more confirmations... this would avoid bloating the blockchain with a constant stream of empty blocks, but it wouldn't solve the issue of a potential attack.

I'm keeping my node online for the moment, but for now my little gridseed miner has been put to use mining half dead coins which actually pay Smiley
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 07:26:07 AM

My CNO wallet is syncing now.

Thanks.

I have requested to set up Crowdfunding @Bitnodes https://bitnodes.net/ and certainly would be happy to help getting new Nodes as soon as possible.

We could have some uses for CNO, hopefully in the very near future, considering that advanced cryptos platforms are coming out.

I believe that one of keys is mobile apps that any non-techie and non-crypto would be attracted to use and even to promote among themselves. This is different from what has been done by Bitcoin and all altcoins- creating processes are only promotions among a few miners while calling what they have WORLD Cryptocurrency. LOL.  If I can not get an app to have my wife or some of my coworkers download and use on a regular basis, the cryptos won't be useful and won't be WORLD Cryptocurrency.

Mangocoinz (MCZ) was very close to start that kind of process but it failed and it is not even a peer-to-peer, decentralized crypto. Now it could be CNO's turn to try that.  Wink

gwopr

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:30:11 AM

My CNO wallet is syncing now.

Thanks.

I have requested to set up Crowdfunding @Bitnodes https://bitnodes.net/ and certainly would be happy to help getting new Nodes as soon as possible.

We could have some uses for CNO, hopefully in the very near future, considering that advanced cryptos platforms are coming out.

I believe that one of keys is mobile apps that any non-techie and non-crypto would be attracted to use and even to promote among themselves. This is different from what has been done by Bitcoin and all altcoins- creating processes are only promotions among a few miners while calling what they have WORLD Cryptocurrency. LOL.  If I can not get an app to have my wife or some of my coworkers download and use on a regular basis, the cryptos won't be useful and won't be WORLD Cryptocurrency.

Mangocoinz (MCZ) was very close to start that kind of process but it failed and it is not even a peer-to-peer, decentralized crypto. Now it could be CNO's turn to try that.  Wink

I confirm: wallet syncs now. nice job!!!
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

I mined a single block just after I wrote the message above, which is probably why the wallets are now showing as synced. Prior to then the last block was 6 days ago.

Actually, I've just noticed that block incorporated 9 transactions, and there's still a few more waiting. I'll mine some extra to get them moving... but at this difficulty, even CPU mining in the client would be feasible.
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 01:15:28 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2016, 02:30:36 AM by DOGEbubble

I mined a single block just after I wrote the message above, which is probably why the wallets are now showing as synced. Prior to then the last block was 6 days ago.

Actually, I've just noticed that block incorporated 9 transactions, and there's still a few more waiting. I'll mine some extra to get them moving... but at this difficulty, even CPU mining in the client would be feasible.

CNO CPU mining thru wallet client works well.  Great job.  Cheesy

Please keep the node running.   I have to ask Cryptolife to set up a node/explorer.

(Bitnodes.net is presently not responding to my messaging or Bitcointalk. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1058996.100)

Thanks a lot.  Cheesy

smt_red

Activity: 398

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:11:20 AM

Grin 
CNO CPU mining thru wallet client works well.  Great job.
 Huh
smt_red

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:14:29 AM

sync works fine so far. Cool
smt_red

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:16:57 AM

Hi
Where all the developers? Where a new site where all gone?

Roll Eyes
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 12:14:39 PM

.. considering that advanced cryptos platforms are coming out.

I believe that one of keys is mobile apps or any app that any non-techie and non-crypto would be attracted to use and even to promote among themselves. This is different from what has been done by Bitcoin and all altcoins- creating processes are only promotions among a few miners.........

We need to stabilize CNO first before any dev or considering moving to a new forum (or staying) or any other actions.  Cheesy

smt_red

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:02:47 AM

Thank you for feedback  Roll Eyes
psychofractor

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:26:49 PM

We need to stabilize CNO first before any dev or considering moving to a new forum (or staying) or any other actions.  Cheesy

Ok, but how? I have one wallet that will not sync (tried syncing from scratch), another that syncs fine but does not receive anything I send to it. When I try to solo mine I get nothing (tried both wallets). Mining results in about 70% rejected (1.26 MHz ASIC, nothing big), CPU mining is not giving anything. I also moved a small sum between the wallets, all lost.

Or is the blockchain just not moving? Forked? It is possible to mine at ProHashing, but given all these uncertainties I put everything on halt for a while.

@PsychoFractor
BTC 1CVirdfUpJLXTeFiRtgi2BRJmkUu4q2YjC   CBX 5nqST1iUnGj62MQxjGEn6i2uKgzZCpMaFi   DMD dMctVv2u1PN8tN2gwyzVgV7piUx2gvR1CD
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 10:34:11 PM

Ok, but how? I have one wallet that will not sync (tried syncing from scratch), another that syncs fine but does not receive anything I send to it. When I try to solo mine I get nothing (tried both wallets). Mining results in about 70% rejected (1.26 MHz ASIC, nothing big), CPU mining is not giving anything. I also moved a small sum between the wallets, all lost.

Or is the blockchain just not moving? Forked? It is possible to mine at ProHashing, but given all these uncertainties I put everything on halt for a while.

A new node is live at 104.131.163.132 and block explorer at http://seed3.cryptolife.net/coino-explorer/. They are still syncing, probable won't get done in 12-24 hours to help.

Anyone having a synced wallet can put "addnode=104.131.163.132" to config file to speed up the process.

Thanks. Cheesy

almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:04:41 PM

We need to stabilize CNO first before any dev or considering moving to a new forum (or staying) or any other actions.  Cheesy

Not sure about your sync problems. Have you tried checking that the hash of the most recent block on your "problem" client matches the same block on your fully synced one? (ie, the hash of the highest block on your problem client can also be found on your good one.)

Are the clients on the same machine and OS?

Mining at a low difficulty will result in a high reject rate, because your miner finds (and submits) multiple solutions to the same block before the client fully processes the block and the miner is directed to work on the next one.

Note that all COINO coins have been mined, so although you can create new blocks, they do not have any reward.
psychofractor

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:37:31 PM

Not sure about your sync problems. Have you tried checking that the hash of the most recent block on your "problem" client matches the same block on your fully synced one? (ie, the hash of the highest block on your problem client can also be found on your good one.)

Well, I can't sync more than one wallet now, so I can't know. I have copied the blockchain from one computer to the other, that works, but I can't sync from scratch.

Are the clients on the same machine and OS?

Different but similar machines, all Win7.

Mining at a low difficulty will result in a high reject rate, because your miner finds (and submits) multiple solutions to the same block before the client fully processes the block and the miner is directed to work on the next one.

Ok, so that is nothing to worry about.

Note that all COINO coins have been mined, so although you can create new blocks, they do not have any reward.

Now that explains a thing or two! So the coins you get from ProHashing are bought or from a storage! But I can't send between wallets, is that because blocks are not confirmed?

@PsychoFractor
BTC 1CVirdfUpJLXTeFiRtgi2BRJmkUu4q2YjC   CBX 5nqST1iUnGj62MQxjGEn6i2uKgzZCpMaFi   DMD dMctVv2u1PN8tN2gwyzVgV7piUx2gvR1CD
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 04:49:41 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 04:21:38 PM by DOGEbubble

A new node is live at 104.131.163.132 and block explorer at http://seed2.cryptolife.net/coino-explorer/. They are still syncing, probable won't get done in 12-24 hours to help.

Anyone having a synced wallet can put "addnode=104.131.163.132" to config file to speed up the process.

Thanks. Cheesy

The dedicated, new node is live at 104.131.163.132.  At this moment, there are 3 active nodes.

The new block explorer is also fully synced.  http://seed2.cryptolife.net/coino-explorer/

Another block explorer is @Cryptopia  https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/BlockExplorer?coin=CNO
(It is unclear why the "addnode" info there only shows 2 instead of 3 active "addnode".)

Enjoy.  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: