Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:48:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [COINO] The Coin(O) Community Discussion thread  (Read 70361 times)
XZed

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:10:57 AM

The Rebirth Smiley...

Glad to read your post Smiley.
XZed

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:15:08 PM

More importantly, we all have a better understanding of what makes this coin and others work, or fail.  There is no one magic thing that makes one coin better - hard work and a group is all it takes.  I've done work with other coins since I became involved here with Coino.  Some have done well, others have disappeared.  No single technical aspect really makes that happen - its more about the people.
According to you, what is Coino missing ?

Thank you.
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 03:28:34 PM

Guys, Im sorry to announce that i will close down the nation-wars pool for coino.
Coino is a resource intensive wallet, and there is only like 3 MHs hashpower in this pool.

IF there is high demand for a pool in the future i might re-open pool again!

Please withdrawl all your coins from http://coino.nation-wars.com asap!

stratum will close thursday 31st, wallet will closed saturday august 2nd.

Stratum has been shutdown today. Please withdrawl your coins before August 9th.
It was great working with you!

RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:08:35 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 10:21:32 PM by RichardT

More importantly, we all have a better understanding of what makes this coin and others work, or fail.  There is no one magic thing that makes one coin better - hard work and a group is all it takes.  I've done work with other coins since I became involved here with Coino.  Some have done well, others have disappeared.  No single technical aspect really makes that happen - its more about the people.

Thank you.

Well, isn't the obvious? "The people" is what coino is missing.  Both current devs and community are not nearly dedicated enough or in this case, physically able enough. I'm afraid pretty much everyone who cared enough (supporters, investors, etc) left coino after the original dev disappeared months ago. Only some of us hopefuls were left.

Smcardle was a major force behind the revival of coino, but he unfortunately suffered an accident and was out for several weeks.  My guess about what happened is he came back and saw that the rest of the dev team and community did not stand up to move coino forward while he was gone, so he gave up. This is very understandable and it's definitely not his fault.

Basically, it's really too little too late for coino at this point IMO.  Even if another person like smcardle steps up, without a community to back that person up, not too much will happen in terms of progress.
XZed

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:36:56 PM

More importantly, we all have a better understanding of what makes this coin and others work, or fail.  There is no one magic thing that makes one coin better - hard work and a group is all it takes.  I've done work with other coins since I became involved here with Coino.  Some have done well, others have disappeared.  No single technical aspect really makes that happen - its more about the people.

Thank you.

Well, isn't the obvious? "The people" is what coino is missing.  Both current devs and community are not nearly dedicated enough or in this case, physically able enough. I'm afraid pretty much everyone who cared enough (supporters, investors, etc) left coino after the original dev disappeared months ago. Only some of us hopefuls were left.

Smcardle was a major force behind the revival of coino, but he unfortunately suffered an accident and was out for several weeks.  My guess about what happened is he came back and saw that the rest of the dev team and community did not stand up to move coino forward while he was gone, so he gave up. This is very understandable and it's definitely not his fault.

Basically, it's really too little too late for coino at this point IMO.  Even if another person like smcardle steps up, without a community to back that person up, not too much will happen in terms of progress.
It was obvious, indeed : I just wanted to find a new way / hope Smiley...
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:46:23 PM

It was obvious, indeed : I just wanted to find a new way / hope Smiley...
about what hope do you say? In the world of crypto currency in any major owner coino must not only investors, but also contribute to the promotion. Otherwise he will be with a bunch of useless coins. Who is stopping you, if you are such an investor - create a website, hire a developer for a new purse, pay for advertising. What's the problem?
developers who originally created coino, already long gone, earning money at the start and now create new coins, trying to just slip them on the exchange. with each new coin their chance of success will be less. but that's another history.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
bgade

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:42:29 AM

about what hope do you say? In the world of crypto currency in any major owner coino must not only investors, but also contribute to the promotion. Otherwise he will be with a bunch of useless coins. Who is stopping you, if you are such an investor - create a website, hire a developer for a new purse, pay for advertising. What's the problem?
developers who originally created coino, already long gone, earning money at the start and now create new coins, trying to just slip them on the exchange. with each new coin their chance of success will be less. but that's another history.

That may not all be totally fair.  There was never any evidence that the premine was ever sold.  In fact, it continues to sit just where it was left back at the time of creation.  Whatever the original idea of Coino was - at least behind the scenes - getting rich certainly never seems to have been part of it that was realized.

I'd still like to know more about the original history of why it was made - but those details are likely lost to time. 

I made a little change to the website just so you can say someone did something. 

Is there a working pool at this point?  I'd like to post a conclusive list of where to mine on the site. 
XZed

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:06:47 AM

By the way, has someone noticed that original site... had gone ?

www.coino.org
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:33:08 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 07:55:22 AM by shveicar

You can assume that the coin is now completely free from his old owners and waiting  new comers to give it attention.

old developers will always find a reason for which they are forced to leave. In fact, everything is much easier, they create a new coin, and is profitable for them than to maintain the old one and then create another. This unfortunate trend will continue as long as new investors will not stop and are not be buying new artificially inflated coins, do understand that they are being deceived.

XZed

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:38:13 AM

You can assume that the coin is now completely free from his old owners and waiting  new comers to give it attention.
Quick assumption Smiley ?
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:03:39 AM

Quote from: XZed
Quick assumption Smiley ?
this conclusion is based on all the events that happened to this coin.
In any case, wishing to revive this coin, have to work hard. So far the only coin that has managed to recover from the departure of the old developers, this Diamond. They even managed to change the algorithm that would help protect networks from Asik mainers. Perhaps that coino have to do the same.

XZed

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:27:31 AM

Nice insight Smiley !
Coffee.Cup

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:00:58 PM

Even though Youngwebs has closed down his Coin(O) pool, you can still mine Coin(O) at: mining.cryptorush.in

I would recommend to use their pool. Again Coin(O) is still very much alive and as Cryptorush.in gets closer to it's full release you will see better things for Coin(O) coming out in the near future.

As you can tell I am not one to write huge posts about Coin(O), but I will say this. There will be a new [ANN] thread for Coin(O) soon. Here new news will be posted with current and future information. There are new developments that need to be made public and this new thread will do that. The Coin(O) community as a whole deserves better service from the Coin and those who have said they will take responsibility for projects. Just as Bgade pointed out this is not a one man show. I also urge anyone with ideas or those who wish to be on the front lines of Coin(O) development to message me here on bitcointalk or you can email me at coffeecup.cast@gmail.com I will respond.
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:17:00 PM

To start, let's make  website  for coino, and we'll see ..

Coffee.Cup

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:57:32 PM

To start, let's make  website  for coino, and we'll see ..

www.coinocoin.com

New website is currently being made as we speak. things will be moving pretty fast from here on out. So spread the word, and keep upto date.
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:43:49 AM

then you need to secure the return of coins on http://www.coinwarz.com/ that people could see the state of the network and Profitability of production.

bgade

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:45:50 AM

then you need to secure the return of coins on http://www.coinwarz.com/ that people could see the state of the network and Profitability of production.

What keeps them from listing the exchange rate from swisscex?  It seems they don't use that.
Coffee.Cup

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:20:28 AM

I have contacted Coinwarz to have Coin(O) relisted. Thankyou for notifying us about it not being on there. I will continue to follow and keep tabs to make sure Coin(O) gets back on there to the best of my ability.
X3n0X

Activity: 137

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:59:20 PM

Hey All!

Couldn't find any information on this on the thread yet so I figured I'd post it.
CryptoRush is supporting coino, we've included coino in a fearly early stage in our beta. A couple of days ago we've went from private to public beta. We have yet to implement the complete UI, however, it does give coino another place to be traded on. Trade engine and deposit / withdrawals are enabled. (www.cryptorush.in - it's beta so any bugs, findings, suggestions are welcome!)

Apart from that we have added coino to our mining pool, which can be found on http://mining.cryptorush.in

Would like to thank CoffeeCup for contacting us and helping out when / where he could. Best of luck for coino!

X3n0X

EDIT: just found CoffeeCups official thread announcing above things on page 10 of the thread for reference :-)

CryptoRush - Crypto to Crypto Exchange
https://www.cryptorush.in/ ~||~ https://support.cryptorush.in/ ~||~ http://mining.cryptorush.in ~||~ #CryptoRush @ Freenode IRC
Bitcointalk ANN Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431099.new
gwopr

Activity: 296

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:38:46 PM

I have contacted Coinwarz to have Coin(O) relisted. Thankyou for notifying us about it not being on there. I will continue to follow and keep tabs to make sure Coin(O) gets back on there to the best of my ability.

Good news and good mining pool. Keep on mining now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: