Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: na
na
na

Pages: « 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY  (Read 815999 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jiwany

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:18:02 AM

LTCagt,

I am having very mixed feelings about this multipool of ours.  My last payout from my 60 MH farm was .167 sync for 3.3 days.  It worked out to  .000286 BTC\MH\Day which is really unacceptable for X11.  Also pool consistently reads my hasrate at 5-8% below what CGWatcher is reporting.  I'm giving them 48 more hours and then jumping ship.  I will earn BTC and buy SYNC on my own.  I got the same payout for 3.3 days as I did 2 days last weekend and sync prices were higher back then.  Nothing is adding up. I'm not call9ng the pool a scam but it certainly is being run at unnacceptable payout levels. 

Right now however I'm  sitting in the dark. Hurricane Arthur has knocked out power all over our area.  First time  the house has been at a normal temperature in months!!!

so whats the deal with this whole lot of unconfirmed shares just sitting there for a while. my last payout kinda sucked too.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sovie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:03:27 AM

I did warn you all lol

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Nite69

Activity: 477
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:00:00 AM

I'm still wondering these problems that are related to coinjoin in general. There are 2 main problems: If there is not any other transaction to join, there won't be any nitesend/coinjoin transaction. The other problem is that when generating the joined transaction, someone who peeks and logs *all* transaction offers 24/8 would find out some information about coin owners.

But there are solutions to fix these. One idea to fix the first would be 'spontaneous nitesend mixer'. The basic idea is to allow wallets to collectively mix their coins to a brand new, first time used coins. This mixing transaction could happen either on predefined time or after wallets collectively find enought participants. In practise that would mean: you check the 'mix my wallet' checkbox. Wallet broadcasts a mixing request and counts all received requests. When a treshold has been reached, all wallets send one transaction with random sized newly generated output coins. This could be repeated just as often as wanted.

What about block chain bloat? Implementing this solution in a way that isn't easy to trace will require a lot of "mixing" transactions. It will take time for those transactions to confirm, slowing the overall nitesend transaction time and adding extra "bloat" to the block chain.
Of course, it will fill the blockchain with some extra transactions, but I would not be worried about it's effect on the size. If we look at the transaction amount on bitcoin, there will be no problem.
One would not need to do it very often. If you mix your complete wallet and distribute it to 20 different coins, and 10 other ppl are doing the same, it mixes the taint analysis quite well.
But I originally noted they should be random sized; actually defined size is better. Otherwise peeker would be able to count which input group sums upp to what output group. But if there is 200 coins of size 0.01, it is impossible to tell which output was coming from what input.

Another idea to prevent peeking the nitesend transactions would be using crypted communication. In this case, we could use for example hyperboria (cjdns) technology; combined with sync, that would mean all sync coins would have an own ipv6 address and an encrypted communication link! Nitesend transaction could be collected by sending the offers throught these kind of links, securing them from all peekers. Actually, the whole comunication between peers could be done throught private hyperboria network. I guess it would be better than TOR and vpn together.

What do you think? The problem is that these (specially nr 2) need some work to do and I really am not sure if they are worth implementing. Would they add enought anonymity to be worth implementing?

This to me seems ambitious. Not going to say impossible because I don't know much about cjdns, just what it does. I think this could work but it would not be simple. The first question to ask, does this mean each of the smallest fractions of sync (i.e. 1 satoshi) will have an ipv6? Who initially determines the table and how is it verified? In order for it to work if I understand, there is a distributed hash table with all of the stored  network addresses, so how do you drop that on the network?
No, not every satoshi has an ipv6 address, but every sync address has also an ipv6 address. In cjdns the address is practically a public key of a secret key. And the secret key of an sync address implicitely already have a cjdns ipv6 address.
You are right, it would not be simple. But if done, it would bring the benefits of TOR and vpn, and also UDP communication instead of TCP.

Sync: ShiSKnx4W6zrp69YEFQyWk5TkpnfKLA8wx
Bitcoin: 17gNvfoD2FDqTfESUxNEmTukGbGVAiJhXp
Litecoin: LhbDew4s9wbV8xeNkrdFcLK5u78APSGLrR
AuroraCoin: AXVoGgYtSVkPv96JLL7CiwcyVvPxXHXRK9
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 09:00:14 AM

LTCagt,

I am having very mixed feelings about this multipool of ours.  My last payout from my 60 MH farm was .167 sync for 3.3 days.  It worked out to  .000286 BTC\MH\Day which is really unacceptable for X11.  Also pool consistently reads my hasrate at 5-8% below what CGWatcher is reporting.  I'm giving them 48 more hours and then jumping ship.  I will earn BTC and buy SYNC on my own.  I got the same payout for 3.3 days as I did 2 days last weekend and sync prices were higher back then.  Nothing is adding up. I'm not call9ng the pool a scam but it certainly is being run at unnacceptable payout levels. 

Right now however I'm  sitting in the dark. Hurricane Arthur has knocked out power all over our area.  First time  the house has been at a normal temperature in months!!!

I'm sorry you are disappointed!
The SYNC multipool gives you an easy way to convert hahspower into Sync. No more no less.
If you would have followed the recent developments in the alt-coins, you might see that in general the profitability for x11 (and scrypt)  is dropping very fast. Ours has been around 0.0003-0.00035 BTC/Mh/day roughly during last shift.
Blackpool for example paid out 0.000275 last week. It's hard times for multipools these days..
Some pools do a bit better indeed, but none of these multipools pay out Sync..  Roll Eyes
check those stats:
http://poolpicker.eu/graph?algo=x11

Decide yourself: We have set-up this pool for you guys, and for the coin in general (we have syncs ourselves as well). Maintaining a multipool is about 4-6 hours of work per day. This is all taken away from our free time and we do not get rewarded for this at all (cost are bit higher then revenues). The only way for making this pool profitable for us, is too make sync rise fast.. Scamming around wouldn't help us, since this will probably affect the whole SYNC name. Shocked

So decide yourself, keep mining with multipool and really support SYNC, or find yourself coins to and exchange them against Sync. In case of the first situation, we could use help from anyone. Go looking around and tell us what coin to be added to the mining list. The more people looking around for profitable coins, the better it is for SYNC.
Every day 2-3 coins are added. Only once every 2 weeks there is a good one in between.. Lets find those together!

PS, the unconfirmed thing in stats, is a statistical error. as explained a week ago. I need my dev however to fix this nicely. Hard way, would be deleting all stats from sever.. Smiley He is currently on holiday/away and my main focus is on trading and finding mine-able coins these days.
Also if you are mining 24/7 in one Algo,you will always have unconfirmed shares.

Thanks for all your support to the multipool!

jiwany

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:55:36 PM

yes well the main main reason i stick to this multipool is that it seems like the best way to support the coin for now. I don't mind that it is not that profitable. I am looking ahead to the future. But it does seem like there have been no improvements or developments for a long time. I know it's not your main job but to get more people mining on it, you should make some requested improvements to show more transparency.

For now my main reason is to support the coin and with a long term vision that SYNC WILL increase in value. If you believe in SYNC you should put the time and work in as well to attract more miners. I think the existing miners have the same reason and idea as me.
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 04:41:58 PM

yes well the main main reason i stick to this multipool is that it seems like the best way to support the coin for now. I don't mind that it is not that profitable. I am looking ahead to the future. But it does seem like there have been no improvements or developments for a long time. I know it's not your main job but to get more people mining on it, you should make some requested improvements to show more transparency.

For now my main reason is to support the coin and with a long term vision that SYNC WILL increase in value. If you believe in SYNC you should put the time and work in as well to attract more miners. I think the existing miners have the same reason and idea as me.

By repeated request, we have more detailed stats now:
http://multipoolmining.com/tbs

More to follow when time permits.

iawgoM

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:20:16 PM

I wasn't much around lately and suddenly there is loads of new pages Smiley Is upgrade to new wallet mandatory already? Because, old one still works fine...
iluvcrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:08:42 PM

I wasn't much around lately and suddenly there is loads of new pages Smiley Is upgrade to new wallet mandatory already? Because, old one still works fine...

I don't think so. I am on the old wallet and everything is fine, including the staking part.

iawgoM

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:10:27 PM

I don't think so. I am on the old wallet and everything is fine, including the staking part.

I updated it anyways. Looks it's working fine too Smiley
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 06:26:42 PM

I updated it anyways. Looks it's working fine too Smiley

What about the block explorer anomolies ?

What else was changed ?

sovie

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:43:16 PM

get out hippie tech and take your block explorer bullshit with you

BLAH BLAH BLAH FUCKEN BLAH BLAH YOU PRATT! Kiss

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:05:23 AM

What about Tor proxy software on SYNC  Wink
sovie

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:09:56 AM

Oh yeah baby bring it! Grin Grin Grin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:31:21 AM

It's already on but i cant release major projects on Sync until It's all done/approved. Pm me your email, let me convince you that Sync will be on top very soon  Cool
kyma

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:51:08 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 05:27:14 AM by kyma

sooooo interest is halving faster than yearly? roughly every 30 days puts at about 3% in half a year... will it stop halving at some point? running a wallet needs to be incentivized in a 100% PoS system. I suppose this plan works well assuming the value is increasing at a exponential rate (ideally more or less relative to the interest halving)... thus payouts would maintain value.

just bought a bit more up at polo to try and help Smiley

tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:53:02 AM

sooooo interest is halving faster than yearly? roughly every 30 days puts at about 3% in half a year... will it stop halving at some point? running a wallet needs to be incentivized in a 100% PoS system. I suppose this plan works well assuming the value is increasing at a exponential rate (ideally more or less relative to the interest halving)... thus payouts would maintain value.

just bought a bit more up at polo to try and help Smiley

It stops at the original 1% this coin was supposed to have. This coin was panned to be a deflationary coin. Very hard to get a full coin in the future.
magpr
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:43:00 AM

It's already on but i cant release major projects on Sync until It's all done/approved. Pm me your email, let me convince you that Sync will be on top very soon  Cool

Excellent news!
iluvcrypto

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:59:37 AM

Could you please gives us little more insight into this? I am new to this. thanks

deephouse

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:00:44 PM

Could you please gives us little more insight into this? I am new to this. thanks

See the VOOT thread for more details on TOR.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639371.0

iluvcrypto

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:02:21 PM

See the VOOT thread for more details on TOR.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639371.0

Thanks for the link.

Pages: « 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: