Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Honey Caramels  (Read 50771 times)
procyon

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 07:18:33 PM

just wanted to update and plug bees bros. again. one of the packages they sent out to my friends/family for my christmas presents (easiest year of christmas shopping ever!) was marked 'undeliverable as addressed' i think because i had given bees bros my sister's maiden name instead of her married name for the shipping address. bees bros. went to the post office the saturday before christmas (hopefully to drop off some more packages and not just for me), and got everything sorted with them, and the caramels showed up at my sister's door christmas eve. everything else went off without problems, and i've heard nothing but great things about all the delivered caramels (and almonds, and lotion, etc.).

thanks bees bros! i'm a christmas hero because of you Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bees Brothers (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2013, 04:44:12 PM

just wanted to update and plug bees bros. again. one of the packages they sent out to my friends/family for my christmas presents (easiest year of christmas shopping ever!) was marked 'undeliverable as addressed' i think because i had given bees bros my sister's maiden name instead of her married name for the shipping address. bees bros. went to the post office the saturday before christmas (hopefully to drop off some more packages and not just for me), and got everything sorted with them, and the caramels showed up at my sister's door christmas eve. everything else went off without problems, and i've heard nothing but great things about all the delivered caramels (and almonds, and lotion, etc.).

thanks bees bros! i'm a christmas hero because of you Smiley

I had to go down there to drop something off, but I had to stand in the long line to ask the question, but there were several neighbors in the line and some of them knew others in the line and it almost turned into a block party.  One person asked how our bee business was going and everyone else had no idea about Bees Brothers.  Several said they wished they knew about us before they bought all their Christmas gifts, then the conversation turned to bitcoins and everyone in the line got some basic lessons about it. Fun times.

Glad that package made it on time.

Happy New Year everyone!

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2013, 03:05:19 AM

Putting a link on the Bitcoin Wiki Trade site was something we were going to do after things slowed down in January.  Thanks for doing that.

Think an affiliate program could be implemented?

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 01:43:06 AM

Today is our 1 year anniversary of when Bees Brothers started accepting Bitcoin!

To celebrate, we want to offer a special.  For any orders we receive in the next 24 hrs or so, we will include a free Honey Caramel Turtle.  The turtles are made with honey caramel and pecans, dipped in milk chocolate.  We don't sell them often, but when we do, they are gone pretty fast! When we sell them, its for $3.50.

To receive the free Honey Caramel Turtle, orders need to be done with bitcoin.

BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 04:08:02 AM

Congratulations! I'm placing an order now.

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 09:02:12 PM

Just a quick update:

Those that ordered in the last couple of days to get the free chocolate/honey caramel/pecan turtles...all have been shipped.
We stayed up last night and got them done.  Dropped them off at the Post Office a few minutes ago.

We are heading up into the mountains to build snow caves.  We will be back tomorrow afternoon (I hope) and then I will send each of you your tracking numbers.

BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 12:22:44 AM

The Caramel Turtle is amazing!

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 12:55:07 AM

The Caramel Turtle is amazing!

+1

Fantastic food as always Cheesy

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 05:24:02 PM

We are going to repeat the same special we did last year for Valentine's Day... 

Every order will get a free Beeswax Lip Balm.
If any 3 times are ordered, we will include a free Beeswax Lotion Bar, plus the Lip Balm.

Also, USPS shipping prices have increased slightly the end of January...If using bitcoin, we will use the old shipping prices until Valentine's Day.  Fiat orders will have current shipping prices.

If you would like a red ribbon tied around the honey caramel boxes, just let us know and we will do that.

Its been pretty cold this winter and we fear we might have some heavy bee losses!

davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 07:23:08 PM

Angry I heard Utah has been getting slammed with bad weather.  Hope the bees are hardy!
Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 09:40:45 PM

Someone just sent an email asking if we were still making caramels...

Yes we are.  We had 11 orders this week (8 with bitcoin), and an order from a store for 1300 caramels.

Next week we will be getting read for a "Meet the Producers" event in Park City.

Eagerly waiting for a warm day to check the bees. 

danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 01:37:14 AM

Yes we are.  We had 11 orders this week (8 with bitcoin), and an order from a store for 1300 caramels.

Next week we will be getting read for a "Meet the Producers" event in Park City.

Holy crap!  Do you get that amount of orders consistently?

PS: I might buy some more caramels soon!

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 03:12:04 AM

Holy crap!  Do you get that amount of orders consistently?

PS: I might buy some more caramels soon!

Thank goodness no! 

The store orders are once or twice a month.  The last couple weeks we only had two small orders.

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 03:59:00 PM

We checked our all of our bees this weekend and we have 100% of them dead from the winter!! Angry Cry

Too many consecutive days with temperatures below 0 degrees this winter.  The bees had plenty of honey in the hive, but due to the prolonged cold, were not able to move the cluster to where the honey was stored.

We just put an order in for 20 hives.  Might have to put off buying our own extractor for another year.

Still have plenty of honey from last fall's harvest, but might run out before the next harvest.  (I guess that would be a good problem).

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:20:16 PM

where's that global warming when you need it?!

Sorry to hear about your hives.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 04:07:24 PM

2013 Almond Pollination

There are 800,000 acres of almonds in California which require 1.6 million honey bee hives for pollination.  2012 was a not a good year for most of North American beekeepers and the bad news was followed up by heavy winter losses.  With a shortage of hives available for the almond pollination, and those hives that were there not as strong as usual, almond prices are already going up.

We will be purchasing more almonds soon, and at that time will need to raise prices on our “honey roasted almonds”.  But we will keep the same pricing now with our present inventory.  Just a heads up.

We have new hives ordered and receive them in two weeks.  Several bee suppliers are running short and are already sold out or oversold.

Bees and bitcoin…two roller coaster rides at the same time!

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 06:34:17 PM

We got our replacement packages and got all the girls set up this past weekend.

Combined number of stings for everyone this year..... ZERO! Smiley

We have a couple big orders happening in the next couple weeks before the Bitcoin Convention, and a camping trip this weekend, so if anyone wants items for Mother's Day to arrive on time, make sure the order gets to us right away.  Any bitcoin orders that come in before Mother's Day we will throw in a beeswax lip balm for free.

Also, if anyone is going to the Convention and want to skip on the postal fees, I would be happy to bring your order and give them to you in person.

danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:41:19 PM

Yet another good experience.  Bought some caramels for my mother yesterday, included lip balm and shipped today!

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 03:55:18 PM

Any orders placed this week won't be able to be filled until the middle of next week as we will be heading to the convention tomorrow.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:32:17 PM

Any orders placed this week won't be able to be filled until the middle of next week as we will be heading to the convention tomorrow.

see you guys there! Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: