Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:54:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starfish BCB - Loans and Deposits  (Read 60451 times)
PatrickHarnett (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:45:11 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2012, 07:02:49 PM by PatrickHarnett

Testing a change - new minimum deposit size.  Edit: additional transactions also 1BTC minimum - I don't want to be adding single santoshi's to peoples balances each day.

Deposits
PM me for a deposit address - this will be your unique account address.

Currently deposits paying 1.5% per week.  Calculation is 1.015^(#days/7)  To maintain adequate reserves, I may limit deposits, and you’ll need to contact me ahead of time before sending your coins so I can set up a unique deposit address for you.
Terms are generally on-call and a 1 BTC minimum.  While I try to accommodate at-call withdrawals, it can be delayed.
By default, accounts are compounding.  For accounts greater than 10 BTC a weekly interest payout option is available.
The current 1.5% per week will be maintained until further notice.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:18:47 PM

test
Mitsuki3

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 02:27:06 PM

Hi.  Remember me?  I was the guy who tried to take out a BS loan.  Well, no more.  I'm beginning anew.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 03:25:27 PM

Hi.  Remember me?  I was the guy who tried to take out a BS loan.  Well, no more.  I'm beginning anew.
And I thought you made another account already.
Mitsuki3

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 04:07:39 PM

Nope.  I'm saving till I have around 100 BTC.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 04:59:31 PM

Testing a change - new minimum deposit size.  Edit: additional transactions also 1BTC minimum - I don't want to be adding single santoshi's to peoples balances each day.

Deposits
PM me for a deposit address - this will be your unique account address.

Currently deposits paying 1.5% per week.  Calculation is 1.015^(#days/7)  To maintain adequate reserves, I may limit deposits, and you’ll need to contact me ahead of time before sending your coins so I can set up a unique deposit address for you.
Terms are generally on-call and a 1 BTC minimum.  While I try to accommodate at-call withdrawals, it can be delayed.
By default, accounts are compounding.  For accounts greater than 10 BTC a weekly interest payout option is available.
The current 1.5% per week will be maintained until further notice.

It's really nice everyone is starting to do the weekly deposit/holds/paying weekly percentage. It's a big advantage over monthly.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 02:54:30 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2012, 08:58:25 PM by Otoh

I decided to capture the last sixteen characters of the deposit address as that is harder to trace, and anyone may request their address/information be removed.  I'm also likely to simply edit/update this particular message than clutter the thread.

table edited out

hi, I'd much appreciate if you could update this list in a new post once a week, just after you've payed the interest to those who are receiving it compounded, on Friday (or Saturdays), many thanks! Sry if you were planning to do this anyway later today.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:56:07 PM

Hi Otoh, Yes, I was planning on updating the interest weekly.  Yesterday got a bit complicated, and I have additional accounts to add to the list, so will be doing it today (overwriting the previous list).  If you would like to edit out the table, that would be good so it doesn't confuse things.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 09:04:32 PM

Cool, edited out the old table, it would be easiest to find though if you put an up-dated table in a new post (I'll C&P it to one otherwise just so that I can find it easily  Wink ) & that would leave the old one/s as useful historical records imo. Also I'm still not quite clear on exactly which day (& UTC) the compound interest gets paid/credited, many thanks  Smiley

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 09:27:50 PM

Cool, edited out the old table, it would be easiest to find though if you put an up-dated table in a new post (I'll C&P it to one otherwise just so that I can find it easily  Wink ) & that would leave the old one/s as useful historical records imo. Also I'm still not quite clear on exactly which day (& UTC) the compound interest gets paid/credited, many thanks  Smiley
When I update I'll post a notification and a link.  I'll be doing the update soon (I was busy posting up a new instrument over in securities).
TehZomB

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 10:32:36 PM

While you're editing out tables, could you also edit out the example table for the same reason? Tongue
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 12:32:07 AM

Updated balances table at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61262.msg981017#msg981017

And to save you adding it up, total deposits are 9081.0846
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 08:37:06 PM

Nope.  I'm saving till I have around 100 BTC.

Yes, actually, I do, plus the post history and pm's help.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 08:55:11 PM

Starfish BCB has been growing quite nicely over the last six months.  Deposits are approaching 10,000BTC and the loan book is still healthy for the short-term future around the same level.  Investments are ticking along.  However, good loan opportunities have been getting a little more scarce over the past few months and while June added five new loans to the portfolio, and idle coins are starting to accumulate. 

July will probably be the last month with 1.5%/week interest for deposits. 

I have also advised a regular customer that their latest deposit would be accepted at 1%/week and that would have taken them to around 2k.  This seems to be a sensible maximum and will only affect a few people in the short term.

I still think offering new accounts is important, so deposits up to 100BTC will not be a problem for those wishing to open one.

(And if people want BS&T pass through, I can accommodate that, although other operators are likely to offer fancy web interfaces and other cool bits.)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 02:46:27 PM

Looking to do another small, short term loan this time.  Will PM you the details shortly.

Starfish loans 4tw!

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 09:29:14 PM

Looking to do another small, short term loan this time.  Will PM you the details shortly.

Starfish loans 4tw!

Done. (easy for a good piece of repeat business).

In other news, I was considering the troll feeding frenzy that goes around new loan requests and considering what processes would make it easier for new borrowers.  It links to a few concepts I've had floating around for a while, but it needs to be a bit easier.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 02:52:29 AM

Stretched the deposit rate for July, but I don't see it continuing into August, so from 1 August 2012 the deposit rate will fall to 1.0%/week.  The other minor change is limiting individual deposit accounts to 2000 coins (allowed to exceed this level via compounding).  This is to make sure there is space for smaller accounts.

Only other news is putting in place a dead-man switch.  This has involved trawling through six months of records and filling in a few blank spots so that my replacement can wind out all of the positions/assets/loans/deposits in an orderly fashion.
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:04:55 AM

Starfish loans 4tw!

Done. (easy for a good piece of repeat business).

In other news, I was considering the troll feeding frenzy that goes around new loan requests and considering what processes would make it easier for new borrowers.  It links to a few concepts I've had floating around for a while, but it needs to be a bit easier.

you could do what hashking does and make his site accept loan requests, keeping the "flames" off of the newbies if you will, might be an idea.

Also, still waiting on bitcoinica for that investment we talked about, hopefully they will come around soon
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:18:56 AM

you could do what hashking does and make his site accept loan requests, keeping the "flames" off of the newbies if you will, might be an idea.

Also, still waiting on bitcoinica for that investment we talked about, hopefully they will come around soon

My approach at the moment is that it's hard to hack someone's account if there is no site to hack.  That's why I have not gone down the fancy web site route.  Might be a bit of an old approach, but I have too much of other peoples funds at stake to make a stupid mistake putting something on the web.  Anyway, what's wrong with contacting someone directly for funds - it rules out some dubious characters on the first cut. 

(I think I need a small stone building in amongst these fancy mirror glass towers - I aim to have safe money for my customers.)
TehZomB

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:12:08 AM

You could only make a form to request loans, and nothing else. That's a pretty small building imo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: