Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:21:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FS: PCI-Express Extender Cables(w/ Molex)*GPU Dummy Plugs*PSU Adapters  (Read 83016 times)
scifimike12

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 02:31:41 AM

Ordered the 1x to 16x adapter extender cable, but it looks like a 1x to 1x extender cable?

Check both ends.  There should a notch that was etched away, leaving room for your x16 card.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IlbiStarz

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 02:35:25 AM

Ordered the 1x to 16x adapter extender cable, but it looks like a 1x to 1x extender cable?

Check both ends.  There should a notch that was etched away, leaving room for your x16 card.  Wink

There's only one end with the black thing, the only end plugs in to the motherboard. And the black thing is not etched away :/
mikegogulski

Activity: 360

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 02:41:00 AM

Hey, Cablesaurus!

I'm thinking... make this product sized so that people in standard ATX 19" cases can squeeze 3x proper gfx cards on a mobo with 1x PCIe x16 and 2x PCIe x1.

This would mean working very hard to minimize the required lower clearance between connector and card. From the images you're putting out currently, what you've got works nicely with a 5U chassis.... WHICH IS NOT ACCEPTABLE Wink

Any chance of an extremely slim left-angle board that would allow the adapted card to plug into an adapter crammed between a PCI and a PCIe slot?

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road
Cablesaurus (OP)

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 03:26:18 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2011, 04:46:30 AM by Cablesaurus

Ilbistarz: E-mailed.
For anyone with order inquiries please e-mail me directly for the fastest reponse time (sales@cablesaurus.com.)

PCIe Extender Cables; Dummy Plugs, Fans; PSU Cables; Cases & More
Visit www.Cablesaurus.com and our forum thread at http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6128.0
Cablesaurus (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 03:34:27 AM

Hey, Cablesaurus!

I'm thinking... make this product sized so that people in standard ATX 19" cases can squeeze 3x proper gfx cards on a mobo with 1x PCIe x16 and 2x PCIe x1.

This would mean working very hard to minimize the required lower clearance between connector and card. From the images you're putting out currently, what you've got works nicely with a 5U chassis.... WHICH IS NOT ACCEPTABLE Wink

Any chance of an extremely slim left-angle board that would allow the adapted card to plug into an adapter crammed between a PCI and a PCIe slot?

I'll try to check into this, thanks for the suggestion

Visit www.Cablesaurus.com and our forum thread at http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6128.0
Cablesaurus (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 03:35:32 AM

Hey.

Would you PM me a bitcoin address for order 329. It said the server was temporarily down during checkout about 5 mins ago. Thanks.

Order prepared for shipment to avoid delay, e-mailed you address.

Vwlopez3

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:24:26 AM

ordered some more cables but couldn't find bitcoin amount anywhere. Am i missing it? it kept giving me amount in dollars and said that if im paying in bitcoin it'll email me.
Cablesaurus (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 04:45:49 AM

ordered some more cables but couldn't find bitcoin amount anywhere. Am i missing it? it kept giving me amount in dollars and said that if im paying in bitcoin it'll email me.

On the Shopping Cart screen you'll see a button that says "select currency" with 2 links. This should let you toggle between USD & BTC. Let me know if you've any troubles.

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 11:30:25 AM

Hey.

Would you PM me a bitcoin address for order 329. It said the server was temporarily down during checkout about 5 mins ago. Thanks.

Order prepared for shipment to avoid delay, e-mailed you address.

Paid, thanks again.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
bunnybare

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 01:39:10 PM

Hey cable,

Just bought an x16 extender from your ebay account and an x1->x16 from your website.

Hope everything goes well!

Cheers,
bunny

PS. I think you should move this thread to Marketplace>Goods.
Cablesaurus (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 04:41:40 PM

Dual PSU Adapter Cables are now in stock! Adding pictures now.

shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 05:56:49 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2011, 07:15:57 PM by shakaru

Edit, will post results once concluded. Removed at posters request

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Jack of Diamonds

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 06:43:59 PM

I just lost one of my motheboards due to the 1x - 16x extender. I awoke to one of my rigs stuck at bios giving a pre video error with a cosntant 6 beep. Did a bit of playing around and then ended up taking it down to the shop to see what was wrong. So the board is dead. Log shows a very long draw on the line for about 2 min with a drop in current then it zeroed across.
After running both the card and the cables on my meter, the cable was getting such random numbers I figured there has to be a short. Hooked up a second cable, fine, no problem. Back to the first. Super crazy voltage levels.

So lets see. Im out one workstation board here. 3 gpus are now sitting doing nothing, and I still dont know where the order I placed before the damn Mt Gox crash, but to be honest, I dont even want them if they are this bad.

Just thought you all should know

Did your adapter have the extra molex cable injected in the ribbon?

I wouldn't use one without it tbh.

shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 07:10:01 PM

I just lost one of my motheboards due to the 1x - 16x extender. I awoke to one of my rigs stuck at bios giving a pre video error with a cosntant 6 beep. Did a bit of playing around and then ended up taking it down to the shop to see what was wrong. So the board is dead. Log shows a very long draw on the line for about 2 min with a drop in current then it zeroed across.
After running both the card and the cables on my meter, the cable was getting such random numbers I figured there has to be a short. Hooked up a second cable, fine, no problem. Back to the first. Super crazy voltage levels.

So lets see. Im out one workstation board here. 3 gpus are now sitting doing nothing, and I still dont know where the order I placed before the damn Mt Gox crash, but to be honest, I dont even want them if they are this bad.

Just thought you all should know

Did your adapter have the extra molex cable injected in the ribbon?

I wouldn't use one without it tbh.

Yes, and the one that didnt have it is fine.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Jack of Diamonds

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 07:27:50 PM

Damn. I'm paranoid now.
Thanks for the heads up though, hopefully it's just a statistically (%) expected failure.

Cablesaurus (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 07:30:23 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2011, 08:40:11 PM by Cablesaurus

I'm very sorry to hear that. If the cable was running for a time without issue then perhaps at some point the joint was damaged or bent sharply causing the fluctuations. Continuity is tested on each cable before being shipped and hundreds of cables have been shipped & are in use without issue. There are a lot of things that can cause load fluctuations possibly unrelated to the cable itself. I've PMed you with specifics to help analyze. Please get back to me when you've a chance, I'll be glad to work with you as closely as possible.

Regarding order questions, please e-mail sales@cablesaurus.com. There is currently no backlog on orders and all cable orders have been shipped. If anyone has questions on order status drop an e-mail to reach me directly.

stapler117

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 07:59:27 PM

My cable has worked wonderfully for the past few weeks and hopefully there will be many more to come. Thanks for the prompt shipping!

Unfortunately I probably won't be ordering any more cables as I can't find a decent card at a good price to justify expanding my operation Cry

I just wanted to suggest for you to look into making a longer cable. I realize that the 19cm is the longest it can be made without degrading the signal quality, but If hashing works fine with a pci -> pcie (max bandwidth of 2 gbit vs 4 gbit for pcie 1x) then this may work without a performance penalty. I would test this myself by plugging one cable into another and see how it performs, but I only have one cable...
Cablesaurus (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 09:29:40 PM

My cable has worked wonderfully for the past few weeks and hopefully there will be many more to come. Thanks for the prompt shipping!

Unfortunately I probably won't be ordering any more cables as I can't find a decent card at a good price to justify expanding my operation Cry

I just wanted to suggest for you to look into making a longer cable. I realize that the 19cm is the longest it can be made without degrading the signal quality, but If hashing works fine with a pci -> pcie (max bandwidth of 2 gbit vs 4 gbit for pcie 1x) then this may work without a performance penalty. I would test this myself by plugging one cable into another and see how it performs, but I only have one cable...

I've found 2 cables works on some boards... and oddly not on others. Thanks for the suggestions.

rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:04:42 AM

I've found 2 cables works on some boards... and oddly not on others. Thanks for the suggestions.

Interesting, I just assumed it wouldn't work after a friend of mine tested and got loads of stability issues with the card. Maybe I can squeeze another card in somewhere after all then if I'm lucky >_>
qed

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:26:00 AM

Kill-A-Watt Universal Power Meter:
Bitcoin, Dwolla & Paypal Store Link: https://cablesaurus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=20&zenid=dd3b87df740be098bf8e602df3c9d3ee
* This watt meter supports both domestic U.S. and international outlet prong styles

This seems misleading to me. There are 2 different hardware version of that meter, for 110V and 220V. Both have the same layout as well as the same "plug holes", but you can't use the 110V on a 220V line and the other way.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Mobile App (Android)

Monitor miners, exchange rates and Bitcoin network stats.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: