Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:53:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRYPT] CryptCoin x11 + PoS | P2P Anonymity | 0% Premine | Commander  (Read 512538 times)
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 11:22:25 AM

This is not accurate. I didn't confirm that wallet needs to be online to receive coins. I said that it must be online to give delivery instructions. This is not the same.

Could you please clarify that distinction for me? What happens to the transaction if the recipient wallet doesn't respond with any delivery instructions? From my read of the whitepaper, the sender can't send anonymously unless the recipient is online and sends the appropriate response. If the recipient wallet is offline, the anon tx fails. Correct?
First of all, please first let me apologize for being so strict with wording. Since we are describing a process, wording is very critical to avoid misunderstandings and misconceptions.

Honestly, it would take a lot of writing for the details and this is not the time. Remember, this is still work in progress. But I like to discuss with people that have ideas and do constructive criticism, so feel free to stop by irc and we can discuss it if you're so interested.

Also, I feel obligated to notice that you mention nothing regarding other implementations where the existence of intermediates introduces the possibility of having a security breach there and have your coins lost or even stolen. As I already mentioned, I don't have a problem with constructive criticism, but in your posts (I could be wrong of course since English is not my native and perhaps I misunderstood) it's like you say that it's impractical to use this implementation. Perhaps all the other implementations are in a perfect state and I'm blind. Besides, what I offer is another alternative. I didn't say I invented teleportation or a way to change the global economy.
I had an idea and I'm implementing it, just like others did with their projects. If other projects made it with version 1, bravo to them. I believe there's always room for improvement, no matter how perfect I think something is, but that's only me, the imperfect one Smiley

Thanks for the response, mindfox. I agree that there's currently no ideal implementation of anonymous transactions in cryptos. I applaud any attempt to overcome the drawbacks of existing coins (such as those you mention), and I'm particularly interested in understanding & talking through the pros & cons of such attempts. So, kudos to you, and I'll be interested to see how the project progresses.

At this point I was just after clarification on whether the recipient wallet needs to be online to receive coins anonymously. The whitepaper seems to indicate that it does, however you made a distinction that I needed clarification on, and you haven't clarified that point yet.

To clarify my position: there's nothing inherently wrong with an anon coin that requires recipient wallets to be online to give delivery instructions in order to receive anon transactions. But it will make the coin rather a different beast to (all) other cryptocurriencies that do not require this. There are practical ramifications that you may wish to carefully think through before proceeding too far with the proposed implementation. If you can find a way to do this without requiring the recipient wallet to be online at any point, that would be far more useful.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeca pagodinho

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:44:34 PM

Any updates for the next days? Roll Eyes
zkaraca

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

BTC

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:27:34 PM

Why the image?
zeca pagodinho

Activity: 189

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:31:41 PM

Why the image?

I'm looking at this coin!
I like to observe how things are being developed! Wink
litebtc

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:53:24 PM

This is not accurate. I didn't confirm that wallet needs to be online to receive coins. I said that it must be online to give delivery instructions. This is not the same.

Could you please clarify that distinction for me? What happens to the transaction if the recipient wallet doesn't respond with any delivery instructions? From my read of the whitepaper, the sender can't send anonymously unless the recipient is online and sends the appropriate response. If the recipient wallet is offline, the anon tx fails. Correct?
First of all, please first let me apologize for being so strict with wording. Since we are describing a process, wording is very critical to avoid misunderstandings and misconceptions.

Honestly, it would take a lot of writing for the details and this is not the time. Remember, this is still work in progress. But I like to discuss with people that have ideas and do constructive criticism, so feel free to stop by irc and we can discuss it if you're so interested.

Also, I feel obligated to notice that you mention nothing regarding other implementations where the existence of intermediates introduces the possibility of having a security breach there and have your coins lost or even stolen. As I already mentioned, I don't have a problem with constructive criticism, but in your posts (I could be wrong of course since English is not my native and perhaps I misunderstood) it's like you say that it's impractical to use this implementation. Perhaps all the other implementations are in a perfect state and I'm blind. Besides, what I offer is another alternative. I didn't say I invented teleportation or a way to change the global economy.
I had an idea and I'm implementing it, just like others did with their projects. If other projects made it with version 1, bravo to them. I believe there's always room for improvement, no matter how perfect I think something is, but that's only me, the imperfect one Smiley

Mindfox, I personally do not know you but from what I've read on the Internet and discussed with others, the community has faith in you and your work. I am a CRY investor at this point and seeing you are so into this project just makes me happy. I know that if WE succeed as a community to support it, it will get to places where we didn't even hoped.

Thank you again for your contribution.

zkaraca

BTC

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:54:44 PM

Same here. Don't know Mindfox, but I do believe he is up to great things. I also invested in CRY and will hold a few months to see where this is headed.
zmeddy

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:04:01 PM

I saw quite a few sessions with mindfox, also on previous projects and I noticed from the start that he is very carefully choosing his words. This helps the community to have realistic expectations and avoids misunderstanding. Bravo
blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:15:44 PM

Is this better than darkcoin in terms of anonymity?

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
tristartek

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:53:31 PM

It is in essence a different approach without a masternode..or middleman.  In this instance everything happens between the wallets.

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:05:00 PM

I think so, if it works. (Of course, Dark is not a finished work either.) I read an article yesterday indicating CRY would not have transfer fees with this anonymity wallet-to-wallet system. That would be another plus in my book, though I need to think the implications through a bit more.

I made a lot of $ on the rise of DARK because I realized early on that anonymity would be a critical feature for crypto to meet corporate needs (keeping competition, vendors, etc. from seeing your financial transfers), so it wasn't just a niche feature for drug dealers. I therefore predicted that "all serious alts" would soon be working on anonymity as a standard feature. Looks like that's come true even faster than I dreamt.

The implication of that, though, is that if everyone has anonymity then having it provides no premium to a coins value. I think DARK is dangerously overvalued as a result, and have bailed on it and my other anon coins. But a best-in-class anonymity system, and things like free transfers could still be worth quite a bit to a market leader. So investing in some CRY here in the quiet trough its in (which I've done) could be a very smart bet down the road.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:49:50 PM

I think so, if it works. (Of course, Dark is not a finished work either.) I read an article yesterday indicating CRY would not have transfer fees with this anonymity wallet-to-wallet system. That would be another plus in my book, though I need to think the implications through a bit more.

I made a lot of $ on the rise of DARK because I realized early on that anonymity would be a critical feature for crypto to meet corporate needs (keeping competition, vendors, etc. from seeing your financial transfers), so it wasn't just a niche feature for drug dealers. I therefore predicted that "all serious alts" would soon be working on anonymity as a standard feature. Looks like that's come true even faster than I dreamt.

The implication of that, though, is that if everyone has anonymity then having it provides no premium to a coins value. I think DARK is dangerously overvalued as a result, and have bailed on it and my other anon coins. But a best-in-class anonymity system, and things like free transfers could still be worth quite a bit to a market leader. So investing in some CRY here in the quiet trough its in (which I've done) could be a very smart bet down the road.

Thank you for the pointers Smiley
droop

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:31:49 AM

The buys are stacking up in CRY. Any whiff of good news and it will be on!  Grin
TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:11:36 AM

price is increasing in a very healthy way, everyday a little bit higher...
And once the Developers deliver we might get a serious price explosion, good times are coming!
zkaraca

BTC

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:32:13 AM

I am just holding my CRY for the long term. Hope it will be fine Smiley
pollforall

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:26:48 AM

START NOW Smiley --> crypto.ssdpool.com
Target for  your miners at: stratum+tcp://miners1.ssdpool.com:3341
•0% Pool Fee
•PROP payout system
•DDoS Protected
•Clustered Servers+ VARDIFF
•24/7 Monitoring on Stratum
•SSD for all servers for best performance

BTC address for donate : 1BFUWFYH9Fv46s7JveA3jeWxjutiTw84BZ
COIN Services
IRC CHAT support irc.freenode.net #coin-services
IrReAr

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:48:43 AM

I'm in. Hope this coin will become second DRK.
zmeddy

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:04:51 AM

I think that ebliever posted some wise thoughts here...

I think so, if it works. (Of course, Dark is not a finished work either.) I read an article yesterday indicating CRY would not have transfer fees with this anonymity wallet-to-wallet system. etc...
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:06:07 PM

I think so, if it works. (Of course, Dark is not a finished work either.) I read an article yesterday indicating CRY would not have transfer fees with this anonymity wallet-to-wallet system. etc...

Figured I should dig up the link to the article I read about no transaction fees before anyone thought I was spreading rumors:
http://www.coinssource.com/cryptcoin-end-transaction-fees/

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:04:33 PM

Figured I should dig up the link to the article I read about no transaction fees before anyone thought I was spreading rumors:
http://www.coinssource.com/cryptcoin-end-transaction-fees/

Just what the crypto world needs! Smiley
I can't wait for this coin to bloom. I am mining Dark coin on Coinking site and converting them to cryptcoins Cool
arguelles84

Activity: 285

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:34:36 PM

I have 20k cry, I'd get more but my btc is tied up in silk and cloak which I think are also on the rise. I'm just holding on to cry, soon as I cash out on those I'm re-investing it all into CRY. Like the above poster has said, CRY is just waiting for a whiff of good news, and its close as the development team is hard at work on it. Soon as that comes out, expect 1000% profit, no reason this wont hit XC prices at least, pre-dump. Best case is this hits DRK prices, and hell no I'm missing this boat.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: