Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:29:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAC] TalkCoin  (Read 266700 times)
Judaz49

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:52:29 PM

Why would anyone would invest in a coin where there is 20% inflation every month? And as we have seen so far inflation caused collapse of the prices and that dumper Dev as well.Now you come and say you will keep same inflation, myself as an investor i stopped buying TAC only bcos of this and as you can see people here complaining i'm not alone.This is that simple.

you use the word 'inflation' as if its bad - it's just increasing the supply.  If you don't do that, there won't be any coins.  We had this 'inflation' since the start (even more) and that got us to > $500k market cap before the issue of 'infinite supply' took hold and dumped the price same as HVC.  Now we are removing the infinite supply and setting 'inflation' to nearly half what is was 3 months ago so what's your point?

i think anyone with half a brain can see that last 3 months despite of features and developments, price fell 80-90%(from average of 4-5k to 500-600 satoshi). 3 Months ago we had smthing like 3M coins, now the demand is almost dead(no serious buyers in exchanges) we have 9M coins and you want to keep the speed of production of supply as its before, this doesn't make sense.This way, you will lose current investors as well they will dump their coins instead of buying more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hodor_keeper_of_the_light

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:37:59 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 02:10:46 AM by Hodor_keeper_of_the_light

Why would anyone would invest in a coin where there is 20% inflation every month? And as we have seen so far inflation caused collapse of the prices and that dumper Dev as well.Now you come and say you will keep same inflation, myself as an investor i stopped buying TAC only bcos of this and as you can see people here complaining i'm not alone.This is that simple.

you use the word 'inflation' as if its bad - it's just increasing the supply.  If you don't do that, there won't be any coins.  We had this 'inflation' since the start (even more) and that got us to > $500k market cap before the issue of 'infinite supply' took hold and dumped the price same as HVC.  Now we are removing the infinite supply and setting 'inflation' to nearly half what is was 3 months ago so what's your point?

i think anyone with half a brain can see that last 3 months despite of features and developments, price fell 80-90%(from average of 4-5k to 500-600 satoshi). 3 Months ago we had smthing like 3M coins, now the demand is almost dead(no serious buyers in exchanges) we have 9M coins and you want to keep the speed of production of supply as its before, this doesn't make sense.This way, you will lose current investors as well they will dump their coins instead of buying more.

They never listen. Stop producing coins, this WONT CREATE DEMAND. Cut the supply and START ADDING FEATURES to keep MINING PROFITABLE with LOW INFLATION.
That's how CRYPTO WORKS. LIMITED AMOUNT+ADDING FEATURES. More to be mined = more to be dumped. High block reward won't attract anyone. Low block reward ain't evil, high block reward won't cause miracles to happen.

Are you mining the coin right now ? Are you planning to mine it ? How much hashing power will you put on it to support the network (now, tomorrow in a week, in a month later on ?)
How much TAC will you still have in 2 weeks after the take over (assuming the coin peak ?).
That's the question you should answer.
Yes. Yes. Same as always. Same amount. I will more likely keep mining it if supply will be cut and profitability will be higher, like it was someday(due to adding features causing price growth).

K-meister,

My team mates dealt with your points already and I support them 100%.  

It's natural for some investors in this situation to think if they can chop off supply and get rich quick.  The problem is new investors and miners aren't that stupid.  Stupid meaning mental capacity of a moldy potato.

Anyway, playtime is over.  Please let the grown-ups continue busting a nut all day trying to rejuvenate this coin with a realistic long term plan to rebuild all our investments through delivering value and a secure, decentralized and anonymous communication service people are going to want to use.  

Please let me know how your takover goes.

cheers

Andy
No need to be rude, Andy. Read thread, everyone support the idea of cutting supply. You and your mates better listen to what community wants and deliver features. He is not trying to takeover, what he is trying to say is "please cut the inflation" with kind of aggresive "or I will take over this!", but that's not the point.
Before this, community asked about removing block reward vote, TEAM didn't listen(even tho you created a POLL and reacted like "whatever, we won't remove it anyway"). Everyone can see the consequences, dif drop 10x, price drop 20x. It was one of the most profitable coins, now it's one of the most non-profitable.

Besides, other problems are: everything is going way too slow for cryptoworld; lack of PR.

I wish this coin live and prosper, make your decisions and act, but decide wisely. Last time you didn't listen community, things went bad.

Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:04:17 AM

you use the word 'inflation' as if its bad - it's just increasing the supply.  If you don't do that, there won't be any coins.  We had this 'inflation' since the start (even more) and that got us to > $500k market cap before the issue of 'infinite supply' took hold and dumped the price same as HVC.  Now we are removing the infinite supply and setting 'inflation' to nearly half what is was 3 months ago so what's your point?

They never listen. Stop producing coins, this WONT CREATE DEMAND. Cut the supply and START ADDING FEATURES to keep MINING PROFITABLE with LOW INFLATION.
That's how CRYPTO WORKS. LIMITED AMOUNT+ADDING FEATURES. More to be mined = more to be dumped. High block reward won't attract anyone. Low block reward ain't evil, high block reward won't cause miracles to happen.

Are you mining the coin right now ? Are you planning to mine it ? How much hashing power will you put on it to support the network (now, tomorrow in a week, in a month later on ?)
How much TAC will you still have in 2 weeks after the take over (assuming the coin peak ?).
Yes. Yes. Same as always. Same amount. I will more likely keep mining it if supply will be cut and profitability will be higher, like it was someday(due to adding features causing price growth).

TAC is only a few months old, the average IT project takes 3-5 years, we are still in the distribution phase.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:06:34 AM

TAC is only a few months old, the average IT project takes 3-5 years, we are still in the distribution phase.

This is cryptocurrency, what is average coin age? Who will develop this for 3-5 years?
Let's make a roadmap for 3-5 years than.

I better leave this thread for few month, I suppose. Would be better for my nerves. I hope you will make it better.

Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:17:34 AM

This is cryptocurrency, what is average coin age? Who will develop this for 3-5 years?

I better leave this thread for few month, I suppose. Would be better for my nerves. I hope you will make it better.

Everyone on the team has got skin in the game, we are all committed to this long term.

Personally, a 5 block reward would have been better for us if we wanted to look after our bags and dump in the next month...  The supply curve we have proposed is the most unselfish view we could have taken.

Don't forget, we are still ensuring TAC will be used for communications, which will actually be destroyed at the genesis block this time around, not be spread amongst hidden addresses  Wink

guozi

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:27:58 AM

继续热爱tac

(◕‿◕)--Talkcoin聊聊币、第一个视频分享在线观看、第一去中心微博币、第一个匿名聊天币、第一个NIST5算法币;第一个  第一个............
(◕‿◕)--Talkcoin:   TmwMPsGYV4iSQL9pLqXBjeQMVJB5dPYX97
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ --------▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
kopam

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:53:50 AM

Its really sad to see that the "new team " is pretty much the same as the "old team" and does not give a fuck about what the community thinks. Everyone says the reward should be cut,everyone says there should be a vote. But they just say " nope, we will do it our way". I was supporting TAC a lot, i even still hold TAC ( sadly now i am a bagholder ), but you are really successfully killing the coin. You can see that in the price of the coin, you can see that in the interest in the thread, you can see that at the loosing of all the long supporters of the coin.
Good job.

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
   ████████████████████████████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:02:43 AM

Its really sad to see that the "new team " is pretty much the same as the "old team" and does not give a fuck about what the community thinks. Everyone says the reward should be cut,everyone says there should be a vote. But they just say " nope, we will do it our way". I was supporting TAC a lot, i even still hold TAC ( sadly now i am a bagholder ), but you are really successfully killing the coin. You can see that in the price of the coin, you can see that in the interest in the thread, you can see that at the loosing of all the long supporters of the coin.
Good job.

We had unlimited supply and we are now limiting it, it's a much better situation then before.

We tried reducing the block reward in the past and it didn't work, the price tanked.

Weiss30

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:57:01 AM

I have 50000 tac and now I think Ive lost my investment. 3-5 years you cant be serious. The crypto currency world will be unrecognisable by then and talkcoin will be forgotten years ago. Nobody can afford to tie their money up for 3-5 years for the one in a hundred chances that talkcoin is still around and they get their investment back. I cant so i will have to sell now for nearly nothing. This was from my savings.

How can you get away with taking over and doing what you want against everyones wishes? Go and f**k yourselves.
yibitecom

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:09:31 AM

To new Team,you guys should listen carefully to the community if you want a success.  just creat a vote.the rewards should be decided by the community of course.for example:which rewards do you prefer?1-20coins?  Huh  I will choose 2 coins rewards.  Grin
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 11:44:16 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 12:26:34 PM by djm34

I have 50000 tac and now I think Ive lost my investment. 3-5 years you cant be serious. The crypto currency world will be unrecognisable by then and talkcoin will be forgotten years ago. Nobody can afford to tie their money up for 3-5 years for the one in a hundred chances that talkcoin is still around and they get their investment back. I cant so i will have to sell now for nearly nothing. This was from my savings.

How can you get away with taking over and doing what you want against everyones wishes? Go and f**k yourselves.

Hi Noobie who write in big letter and who is afraid to speak in his own name

The team has 2 objective:

1/ The survival of the coin long term and insured its development and its success
2/ Satisfy the community as long as it doesn't conflict with point 1/

If you were part of the team or any team for that matter you would come with the exact same answer.
(unless you want to lose your time on a project which will die within 2 weeks...)
The team want to develop the coin not to salvage it and cutting the supply will kill the coin within 2 weeks and
there is very little chance that the price will increase (unless "new" investors and any eventual buyers are completely blind and stupid).
So in real world what you are suggesting is called "defrauding" and would land you in jail.
And doing this we wouldn't be better than any other IPO coin.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
dav1199

Activity: 207

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:28:37 PM

Hi Noobie who write in big letter and who is afraid to speak in his own name

The team has 2 objective:

1/ The survival of the coin long term and insured its development and its success
2/ Satisfy the community as long as it doesn't conflict with point 1/

If you were part of the team or any team for that matter you would come with the exact same answer.
(unless you want to lose your time on a project which will die within 2 weeks...)
The team want to develop the coin not to salvage it and cutting the supply will kill the coin within 2 weeks and
there is very little chance that the price will increase (unless "new" investors and any eventual buyers are completely blind and stupid).
So in real world what you are suggesting is called "defrauding".
And doing this we wouldn't be better than any other IPO coin.

It is crazy how most ppl don't understand this one bit ..
Cutting the supply will not make ppl any money faster.
The value will rise because it will have new interesting things to increase it. Not the coin supply getting cut.
Look at all those low supply pow/pos coin that flocked and crashed , look at how many 1~5 millions supply coins are around that pump and dumped faster than TAC.

Let the team do their job and stop being crybabies , all you are doing here is bringing negativity to the project , while the new team haven't even really been able to work on the coin by themselves properly.

Cleaning the coin from the malicious code , starting fresh and bringing new good features for the coin is the way to go.

What do you guys expect ? That cutting the supply will by magic make the price rise in one week ? Get real.

We should be glad there is a dedicated team working on this and willing to make this coin better than it is now , because otherway all our ''investment'' would just be going nowhere if they didn't.
Support them and stop bitching for retarded reasons.
TalkTeam (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 12:31:19 PM

^ +10000 to djm and Dav.

Reducing block reward is not going to suddenly raise the price - because new investors aren't stupid, they want to see new features and fair distribution, this has been said like 10 times already.

No amount of screaming and throwing toys out the pram from the small group who are trolling here now is going to change this, and actually you are just damaging *your own investment* at a time when we all need to pull together, or what you think you achieving with this?

TalkCoin | First Anonymous Chat | First NIST5 Algo
catchcoin

Activity: 333

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:20:36 PM

^ +10000 to djm and Dav.

Reducing block reward is not going to suddenly raise the price - because new investors aren't stupid, they want to see new features and fair distribution, this has been said like 10 times already.

No amount of screaming and throwing toys out the pram from the small group who are trolling here now is going to change this, and actually you are just damaging *your own investment* at a time when we all need to pull together, or what you think you achieving with this?

hi,new team,am I out of the TAC Team like the Talkcoin DEV? If you want a nice promotion in China,you shouldn't lose my support.

TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 01:45:42 PM

^ +10000 to djm and Dav.

hi,new team,am I out of the TAC Team like the Talkcoin DEV? If you want a nice promotion in China,you shouldn't lose my support.

Hi Catchcoin

You have been here from the start and we worked a lot together and I hope you have patience and stay with us.  We are all in the same position.  If we did reduce block reward now, we will all loose because the coin will die (dumped coin taken over by bagholders who dried up supply right?)

Talkcoin value is going to be about the features we implement to make it unique and useful.  We are fixing the supply by removing the voting.  Reducing supply to 5 TAC will kill the coin, no way we do this, the new supply model is just the same as  BTC, LTC and like Ignition75 said it was the fairest model we could use to balance keeping existing investors happy, but making sure Talkcoin with new roadmap is an attractive proposition to new investors so we can rebuild our value.

cheers

Andy

TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 02:12:45 PM

Hi

We are starting testing the new version later today.  For anyone interested in the latest code changes see here: https://github.com/Talkcoin-Team/talkcoin/commit/47a1d2414ef770a7381c134b3b06ec231052ca45

cheers

TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:08:15 PM

Hodor, hang tight.  This is the worst time to leave, right before we takover.  It's stressful for all of us, we just have to work through this.  Soon we have solid supply model without voting for a change, that's a lot of progress right there.  People who are complaining now, at least we won't have an infinite supply and as a currency it will be solid, then we focus on the tech. 

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:46:34 PM

Hodor, hang tight.  This is the worst time to leave, right before we takover.  It's stressful for all of us, we just have to work through this.  Soon we have solid supply model without voting for a change, that's a lot of progress right there.  People who are complaining now, at least we won't have an infinite supply and as a currency it will be solid, then we focus on the tech. 

I ain't leaving, selling off at current price is suicidal. I better throw away my coins than sell it like this. What is the plan tho?

TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 04:21:21 PM

Hodor, hang tight.  This is the worst time to leave, right before we takover.  It's stressful for all of us, we just have to work through this.  Soon we have solid supply model without voting for a change, that's a lot of progress right there.  People who are complaining now, at least we won't have an infinite supply and as a currency it will be solid, then we focus on the tech.  

I ain't leaving, selling off at current price is suicidal. I better throw away my coins than sell it like this. What is the plan tho?

Good to hear Cheesy

Haven't discussed the plan details yet because we dont want it to distract from doing the hardfork smoothly.  For example look at the disruption here just from announcing us implementing Bitcoin's supply model instead of voting....but in a nutshell we want people to *use* talkcoin to communicate which they aren't doing now, details after the hardfork, then we can discuss it with the community.

TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 09:30:30 PM

K-meister,

My team mates dealt with your points already and I support them 100%.  

It's natural for some investors in this situation to think if they can chop off supply and get rich quick.  The problem is new investors and miners aren't that stupid.  Stupid meaning mental capacity of a moldy potato.

Anyway, playtime is over.  Please let the grown-ups continue busting a nut all day trying to rejuvenate this coin with a realistic long term plan to rebuild all our investments through delivering value and a secure, decentralized and anonymous communication service people are going to want to use.  

Please let me know how your takover goes.

cheers

Andy
No need to be rude, Andy. Read thread, everyone support the idea of cutting supply. You and your mates better listen to what community wants and deliver features. He is not trying to takeover, what he is trying to say is "please cut the inflation" with kind of aggresive "or I will take over this!", but that's not the point.
Before this, community asked about removing block reward vote, TEAM didn't listen(even tho you created a POLL and reacted like "whatever, we won't remove it anyway"). Everyone can see the consequences, dif drop 10x, price drop 20x. It was one of the most profitable coins, now it's one of the most non-profitable.

Besides, other problems are: everything is going way too slow for cryptoworld; lack of PR.

I wish this coin live and prosper, make your decisions and act, but decide wisely. Last time you didn't listen community, things went bad.

Need to clarify this - the poll was created by me and the team and not the core dev.  It was our way to try to push him to listen to the community.  

We spent a week trying to get the dev to tell us what features he was working on and what was coming next.  I made the poll to try to get him to agree.  

He ignored the poll and every message we sent about it with him included on it, and still didn't tell us what he was working on.  

Behind the scenes I actually resigned at that point but 2 weeks later I rejoined when the dev said he was 'thinking' about changing voting.  

He never did, and instead told us 'all features are now finished' and went awol.  Then people started saying about the dev fund so we checked this out and found out its true and was being hidden from us.

That is when we decided to 'takover', except its not really a takover because we were already here and the dev wasn't because he just went awol.  

We are removing the voting because people said unanimously that letting users decide the block reward was a bad thing....which is ironic because the last few pages on this thread are now saying the community should decide the block reward Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: