Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30  (Read 308320 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:25:11 AM

Very cool.
Thanks for the great work as always Luke.  Smiley

NEW VERSION 4.2.0, JUNE 11 2014

Human readable changelog:
  • rockminer: New driver for ROCKMINER R-BOX.

Full changelog:
  • Upgraded Windows libmicrohttpd from 0.9.35 to 0.9.38_pre33603
  • SGW: Workaround BE Cube bugs with new libmicrohttpd by forcing HTTP 1.0 response
  • rockminer: Increase hw error count for problems
  • rockminer: Autodetect with "R-BOX miner" or "RX-BOX miner" product strings
  • rockminer: Support for seeing and setting clock frequency in Manage TUI
  • rockminer: Include clock frequency in RPC processor status
  • rockminer: Support for setting clock frequency
  • rockminer: Workaround lost tasks by resending them
  • rockminer: Support for temperature sensors
  • rockminer: Debug messages
  • Bugfix: rockminer: Initialise rockminer_chip_data
  • Bugfix: rockminer: Ensure work actually exists before testing against it
  • rockminer: Mine at 270 MHz
  • rockminer: Implement mining (at 200 MHz)
  • DevAPI: Move device_proc_by_id out of bifury driver, since it is generically useful
  • rockminer: Detection code for new driver
  • bfg_socket wrapper to ensure sockets are close-on-exec
  • set_cloexec_socket: Explicitly cast SOCKET to HANDLE

fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:33:56 PM

Full changelog:
  • SGW: Workaround BE Cube bugs with new libmicrohttpd by forcing HTTP 1.0 response
  • DevAPI: Move device_proc_by_id out of bifury driver, since it is generically useful

Thank you Luke, you are my favorite person today. High Five.
BRADLEYPLOOF

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:45:36 PM

Any chance that the GAWMiner products will be supported?  I'm thinking about getting a Fury or 10 (mostly because I don't want to have to buy a PSU and cables and try to splice S*** together).  I know that there is a CGminer fork, which I use for my gridseeds because there were problems running BFGminer where the 3 miners would hash but one stopped submitting shares using windows 7, and the version I put on my Pi would stop seeing them altogether after a few minutes.

I would just rather use BFGMiner because I'm more familiar with it, plus you guys keep pumping out upgrades...

Grin
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:12:25 PM

Any chance that the GAWMiner products will be supported?  I'm thinking about getting a Fury or 10 (mostly because I don't want to have to buy a PSU and cables and try to splice S*** together).  I know that there is a CGminer fork, which I use for my gridseeds because there were problems running BFGminer where the 3 miners would hash but one stopped submitting shares using windows 7, and the version I put on my Pi would stop seeing them altogether after a few minutes.

I would just rather use BFGMiner because I'm more familiar with it, plus you guys keep pumping out upgrades...

Grin

We should have both a GAW branded Zeusminer and a stock Zeusminer coming. They will be supported in BFGMiner once we receive them and proper documentation.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
BRADLEYPLOOF

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:17:11 PM

Grin

We should have both a GAW branded Zeusminer and a stock Zeusminer coming. They will be supported in BFGMiner once we receive them and proper documentation.

YAY!!!

/bow to N.Wools!
BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:36:48 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 04:35:57 PM by BCwinning

Is there a way to set the clocking for each antminer (u1's) separately?

I am currently running two instances of BFGminer to run my mix of antminers, Bifury's and 1 Nanofury. I would like to be able to consolidate and only run one instance in one command window if possible. The reason I need to run separate clocking is that 2 of the ants will not run stable at more than 1.8 Gh/s or the 0881 so I run them on one instance along with my nanofury and bifury and run the other 7 ants 2.0 in a second instance.

Please let me know if this is possible and if so how to structure the command line to do so.

Thanks

For each device:

--set ant@<vcom port here>:clock=xxxx

I believe or something similar
It never worked for me and I tried several different ways of doing it.
I'd love to see someones working conf file that does work so we can figure it out once and for all.
I settled on 2 instances and dealing with it. It took less time in the end to configure it that way. PITA with all the files now.

I think I have it working for now. I have the two that can not run more than 180 running 180 and the others running 200 on one instance of BFGminer . Now to see if they will do so while on the same hub. I will try that perhaps tomorrow and let you know. Currently I am using the following command line to start my rig loaded with 9 ants, 7 bifurys, and one nanofury twin.

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u user -p x -S antminer:all -d antminer@\\.\COM3 --set antminer@\\.\COM3:clock=x0881 -d antminer@\\.\COM4 --set antminer@\\.\COM4:clock=x0881 -d antminer@\\.\COM5 --set antminer@\\.\COM5:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM6 --set antminer@\\.\COM6:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM7 --set antminer@\\.\COM7:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM8 --set antminer@\\.\COM8:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM9 --set antminer@\\.\COM9:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM10 --set antminer@\\.\COM10:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM11 --set antminer@\\.\COM11:clock=x0981 -S bfx:all --set bfx:osc6_bits=54

beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
So I was going to send a buck for the example. but since I've been out of the scene for a long time I see the new qt client won't send without
adding a fee regardless. So I need to figure out the rawtransaction command.. Otherwise the fee is a joke for such a small amount.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:11:52 PM

Got 4.2.0 compiled and working on Rasberry Pi (Arch/Minepeon)

it wasn't able to detect the R-BOX's though. Is this a thing where I have to program the chips on the miners to identify themselves properly?
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:09:17 PM

it wasn't able to detect the R-BOX's though. Is this a thing where I have to program the chips on the miners to identify themselves properly?
R-BOXs so far have shipped with the CP2102 EEPROM unprogrammed, same problem as the Block Erupters had.
You can manually probe them with -S of course, or use cp210x-program to configure them.
I made a template EEPROM firmware for them: http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/eeprom-content.RBOX.hex
Use it like: ./cp210x-program -w -F eeprom-content.RBOX.hex --set-product-string='R-BOX miner' --set-serial-number=somethingunique

mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:39:10 PM

R-BOXs so far have shipped with the CP2102 EEPROM unprogrammed, same problem as the Block Erupters had.
You can manually probe them with -S of course, or use cp210x-program to configure them.
I made a template EEPROM firmware for them: http://luke.dashjr.org/tmp/code/eeprom-content.RBOX.hex
Use it like: ./cp210x-program -w -F eeprom-content.RBOX.hex --set-product-string='R-BOX miner' --set-serial-number=somethingunique

Awesome! This is great news for us MultiMiner users! Thanks so much, stoked!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
pinkfloyd11

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:31:26 PM

Hi Luke
Is possible for a micro connected on free pin of mcp2210 read bfgminer information that appeare on screen?
Thanks
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:11:17 PM

Hi Luke
Is possible for a micro connected on free pin of mcp2210 read bfgminer information that appeare on screen?
Thanks
What?

TRN1062

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:46:04 PM

Full changelog:

DITTO!! So what driver do I load for the R-Boxes then? I'm sure I have to switch it back to the standard windows driver instead of the Zadig driver I have had to run them under with CGminer. Or is there a specific one I need to download and install for the R-Boxes?
pinkfloyd11

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:00:21 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 09:47:16 PM by pinkfloyd11

Hi Luke
I would develop a firmware that measure performance.
For do it I need to know GHash value, hardware errors ecc.
Since on mpc2210 there are free GPIO ports, I would ask you if is possible send the above information by this way. Think it like a read information / set command ( for example set bit number) directly from device.
For example  GPIOa = rx  GPIOb = tx (uart).
I hope to have explained better.
Thanks
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:27:22 PM

Full changelog:

DITTO!! So what driver do I load for the R-Boxes then? I'm sure I have to switch it back to the standard windows driver instead of the Zadig driver I have had to run them under with CGminer. Or is there a specific one I need to download and install for the R-Boxes?

Here ya go...

BFGMiner 4.2 released with ROCKMINER R-BOX support. Smiley

+1

same commands as cgminer?
No, BFGMiner has a standard interface for all drivers. So something like:
Code:
bfgminer -S rockminer:all --set rockminer:clock=290

Edit: Also note that if you were using cgminer, you had to use Zadig, which breaks the official drivers. You will need to undo this (and restore the original driver) before BFGMiner will work.

How does one go about "undoing" the use of Zadig and restore the original drivers? Thanks!
just reinstall the original driver or you can use the zadig tool to revert back to original driver.  in my experience, reinstalling driver is cleaner.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:18:39 PM

The R-BOX uses the same cp2102 driver needed for Block Erupters.

I would develop a firmware that measure performance.
For do it I need to know GHash value, hardware errors ecc.
Since on mpc2210 there are free GPIO ports, I would ask you if is possible send the above information by this way. Think it like a read information / set command ( for example set bit number) directly from device.
For example  GPIOa = rx  GPIOb = tx (uart).
I think you would have a hard time getting accurate timing over GPIO, even moreso via mpc2210.
But if you're putting logic in a microcontroller, why use a mcp2210 at all?

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:51:40 AM

Luke -

Thanks for the scrypt support with gridseed stuff..  I have successfully deployed a foxconn mini-pc (win7) with 3 x gseed blades using bfgminer.. (was having issues with Raspi)

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Harwood

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:03:53 AM

Got a little problem:

[2014-06-11 22:58:31] Started bfgminer 4.2.0

Failed to init bfd from (C:\bfgminer\libusb-1.0.dll)
0x6b60d768 : C:\bfgminer\libusb-1.0.dll : usbi_read
0x4679a8 : C:\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe : /home/luke-jr/Projects/Education/Tonal/BitCoin/bfgminer/make-release-tmp/bfgminer-4.2.0-tmp/low
l-usb.c (98) : in function (usb_devinfo_scan)
0x469c8c : C:\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe : /home/luke-jr/Projects/Education/Tonal/BitCoin/bfgminer/make-release-tmp/bfgminer-4.2.0-tmp/low
level.c (93) : in function (lowlevel_scan)
0x42698a : C:\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe : /home/luke-jr/Projects/Education/Tonal/BitCoin/bfgminer/make-release-tmp/bfgminer-4.2.0-tmp/min
er.c (11067) : in function (drv_detect_all)
0x42a575 : C:\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe : /home/luke-jr/Projects/Education/Tonal/BitCoin/bfgminer/make-release-tmp/bfgminer-4.2.0-tmp/min
er.c (12116) : in function (main)
0x4010bb : C:\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe : crt1.c
Failed to init bfd from (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll)
0x77a7a8cb : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll : RtlInitializeExceptionChain
Failed to init bfd from (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll)
0x77a7a8a1 : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll : RtlInitializeExceptionChain

C:\bfgminer>

Win 8.1 x64, AMD Phenom x8, 16G RAM
pinkfloyd11

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:08:43 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 01:54:16 PM by pinkfloyd11

Hi Luke

I use MCP2210 because it have great stability.

I use micro only for extra caratteristic like current, voltage and temperature measurement.

Have you possibility to send information and get information to-from micro?

This could be a new cool feature for your already good bfgminer.

With GHash value and current measurement by hall sensor I could calculare performance GHash/Watt and show information by led meter.

Since I'm almost ready to send PCB please reply me soon for decide if connect and where connect this new communication channel.

After have decided the communication pin, you could develop this caratteristic in all calm and in a while I could produce pcb.

Thanks "lightworker" Luke.

Giuseppe

Bitcoin_Mafia_Me

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 02:14:30 PM

I have four of the round mini gridseed ASIC miners hooked up to a USB hub. I have the latest version of BFGminer. How do I mine
in dual mode with it? Sha256 only mode?

Any help is appreciated!

Best,

Cynthia

BRADLEYPLOOF

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:19:25 PM

Not sure that 4.2 runs both.  If you have a Pi, check out Hashra.  They have an image for your Pi that lets you remote connect, run both scrypt/sha, and looks fairly clean.  I have yet to check it out, but I've seen good things...

Not that I'm not all about the BFGMiner, it's just a different tool if you want to do both...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: