Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 03:26:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30  (Read 308328 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Blackbird0

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:41:58 PM

Can someone tell me what the flags are in 4.3.0 for the Zeus Blizzard/GAW Fury? I can't seem to find them documented.

Specifically I want to lower the clock to reduce the percentage of HW errors. Currently at around 6%

6% sounds normal from what I've seen and read. You can try lowering the clock with:

Code:
--set zus:clock=320

The default is 328.

Is the GAWMiners fury presently supported?

Yes - it's a rebranded ZeusMiner Blizzard.

Thank you. Looks like all I need to is recompile and enable scrypt and I"m good to go!
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:01:05 PM

Will this compile on cygwin?
I don't regularly test it, but it did at one point.
Very recently, git has some changes that could interfere with that, so if you have any issues, please let me know.

If I end up going that route I will let you know. Gonna try out an openwrt build first.
albysprx

Activity: 247

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:03:33 PM

if i overclock my fury to 340, what happen?
overheat? more watt consumed?
albysprx

Activity: 247

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:18:59 PM

if i overclock my fury to 340, what happen?
overheat? more watt consumed?
ok, fury isn't good to overclock... xD
with 328 i get around 1.32-1.35MH/s
and with 340 only 1.1MH/s xD
oakmaster

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:22:50 PM

just wondering if there is an update as to when support for hexminer boards will be integrated?
I was also wondering if there is support for the hex16a2 I have four of them sitting around
helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:04:41 PM

I have on of Friedcat's Tubes and am using bfgminer as the stratum proxy. I keep getting an "Error from bufferevent" message every now and then. What is that error?

I am curious about this as well.  Seems when this happens the controller for the tubes locks up and needs to be power cycled. Then all

is well until: a block is found on the network-->this error-->lockup-->powercycle.  I know this is not really a problem with Bfgminer

It is the crappy firmware running on the controller, but I don't mind using Bfgminer as a proxy.  I can monitor its API, something I

cannot do with the controller. Roll Eyes
elektrax

Activity: 141

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:05:07 PM

Is it possible to run both both Zeus Blizzards and GridSeeds+GBlade at the same time?
What would be the command line to properly detect it?

I can get Seeds/GBlade to run at the same time in CGMiner, but I really want to get all of them.

BTC: 1G6Fc3sWL9E9DShfitjQvP2SGXvNLbqzGz | GP: GdTPHPNRV6P49mtW6Bc8kFBvRx4oofx4eX
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:45:52 PM

I have on of Friedcat's Tubes and am using bfgminer as the stratum proxy. I keep getting an "Error from bufferevent" message every now and then. What is that error?

I am curious about this as well.  Seems when this happens the controller for the tubes locks up and needs to be power cycled. Then all

is well until: a block is found on the network-->this error-->lockup-->powercycle.  I know this is not really a problem with Bfgminer

It is the crappy firmware running on the controller, but I don't mind using Bfgminer as a proxy.  I can monitor its API, something I

cannot do with the controller. Roll Eyes

I just had to do away with the bfg proxy. I can connect to BTCGuild with no problem, as long as I use the lb server. I would like to go back to Eligius, but they gotta fix the stupid controller first.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 03:59:35 PM

Is it possible to run both both Zeus Blizzards and GridSeeds+GBlade at the same time?
What would be the command line to properly detect it?

I can get Seeds/GBlade to run at the same time in CGMiner, but I really want to get all of them.

Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -S gsd:all -S zus:all -o host -u user -p pass

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Blackbird0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:57:40 AM

Can someone tell me what the flags are in 4.3.0 for the Zeus Blizzard/GAW Fury? I can't seem to find them documented.

Specifically I want to lower the clock to reduce the percentage of HW errors. Currently at around 6%

6% sounds normal from what I've seen and read. You can try lowering the clock with:

Code:

The default is 328.

Thank you. Looks like all I need to is recompile and enable scrypt and I"m good to go!

How do I get standard BFG to recognize it? I have it plugged in, and am running: -S zus:all but not getting the device recognized at all.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 10:02:31 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 10:25:27 AM by cyberpinoy

Hello I am an SHA miner and I do not actually use BFGMiner so kindness would be appreciated. When I first began my mining adventure I started small with USB erupters, then bumped up to a Rockminer R-Box, during this time I learned a lot of valuable things, I then got confident enough to bump up to a 1 Thash system and continue to buy those. Thru my times of mining I now use my lower hash equipment and  solomine very low difficulty SHA coins and dump them daily HEHE.

I have now decided to get into Script mining as well, and like SHA I will start small and move up gradually as I learn the script system

Can I please ask you veterans for some help

I am on a windows 64bit OS

I ordered a
Brand Name: Zeus
Model Number: Blizzard X6
Algorithm: Scrypt
Standard Speed: About 3Mh/s

I am hoping not to use a Pi but to get a few more of these as I get going and use a powered USB hub like my Rockminers (is this possible)

What is the exact line I will need to use with BFG Miner 4.7.0?

I have this as the example Bat file to use for reference

bfgminer -d zeusminer --scrypt -o (pool) -u (user) -p (pass) -S all --set-device ZUS0:clock=300 <-----(is this the correct setting for the miner I am getting??)

am i missing anything like icarus Options or anything else that could be missing?

As I mentioned I am a CGminer user and Know that one pretty ok, I overclock my Antminers, and have worked with iccarus options onn the rockminers, the cgminer is imaged on a disk for my dragon miners and I am not sophisticated enough to mess with the Pi, I plug the dragons in, change the Ips, set the pool and passwords and WALA they mine and I am happy HAHAHA

as you can see I am a pretty simple man.

I do not wish to overclock the Zeus i live in the Philippines and I only overclock equipment that is useless anyways, the antminers have already paid for themselves, and even solomining crap coins they dont fair well so if they burn up no problem right? But all my other bigger equipment I do not overclock because of the heat here in the philippines. I just need to know what I need to prepare to have this stuff ready for when the Zeus arrives

AND I have a rockminer already hooked up and using CGminer am i going to get the stupid device failure notices in both the miners as CGminer attempts to connect to Zeus and BFGminer attempts to connect to the rockminers? Is there a way to stop those from happening? I hate it when I try and open antminer CGminer and rockminer CGminer separate on one computer and they fight each other to run the equipment, Now I put the antminer on one computer and the rockminers on a different computers and I dont get those stupid messages in the conflicting cgminers. Unfortunately I dont have another computer to keep BFGminer Zues and CGminer Rockminers separate now Sad So the rockminers will be on CGminer and the Zeus will be on BFGminer and all running on the same computer Sad

Thank you for your help

Blackbird0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:10:56 PM

Code:

The default is 328.

How do I get standard BFG to recognize it? I have it plugged in, and am running: -S zus:all but not getting the device recognized at all.

Hmm...I think I have a defective unit, as it's not even registering on my USB hub. Bah.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 03:27:10 PM

Hmm...I think I have a defective unit, as it's not even registering on my USB hub. Bah.

The command line is:

Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -S zus:all -o host -u user -p pass

On Windows you also need the correct OS driver installed:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Drivers#silicon-labs-usb-to-uart-driver

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Blackbird0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:02:24 PM

The command line is:

Code:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Drivers#silicon-labs-usb-to-uart-driver

Thanks. It's on a Raspberry Pi with the drivers already installed. I'm pretty sure it's a defective unit or power supply. The light on my USB hub isn't even lighting up when it's plugged in, and I checked the cable.
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:03:39 PM

BFGMiner rocks!

Thanks so much to ALL the devs who have put work into BFG!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 03:24:53 AM

The command line is:

Code:

I've got a war machine, but it's not getting recognized by bfgminer. I have the driver you mentioned loaded and it connects on COM4.

Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -S zus:all -o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333 -u address -p password

Here's what I get:
Code:
 bfgminer version 4.7.0 - Started: [2014-09-05 20:16:40] - [  0 days 00:01:28]
 [M]anage devices [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options  [H]elp [Q]uit
 Pool 0: stratum.nicehash.c  Diff:7m  +Strtm  LU:[20:18:04]  User:1KzdSngS7CNPFz
 Block: ...1354bb62dd514ddc  Diff:34 (249.5M)  Started: [20:18:04]
 ST:2  F:0  NB:13  AS:0  BW:[ 90/ 17 B/s]  E:0.00  I: 0.00 BTC/hr  BS:0
 0            |   0.0/  0.0/  0.0 h/s | A:0 R:1+0(100%) HW:0/none
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO DEVICES FOUND: Press 'M' and '+' to add
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(no devices)
[Plus] Add device(s)  [Enter] Close device manager
No new devices found
 [2014-09-05 20:17:10] FT_GetComPortNumber(043f2dd0 (0), 4)
 [2014-09-05 20:17:32] Pool 0 is hiding block contents from us

Suggestions?  Smiley
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:22:31 AM

This is a nice miner.  I have one and a review of it that will go live soon.
It runs about 4.1 mh/s usually.
BFGMiner runs it well and if you get an RPi you can run it using Minera as well.
Have fun and happy mining.

Hello I am an SHA miner and I do not actually use BFGMiner so kindness would be appreciated. When I first began my mining adventure I started small with USB erupters, then bumped up to a Rockminer R-Box, during this time I learned a lot of valuable things, I then got confident enough to bump up to a 1 Thash system and continue to buy those. Thru my times of mining I now use my lower hash equipment and  solomine very low difficulty SHA coins and dump them daily HEHE.

I have now decided to get into Script mining as well, and like SHA I will start small and move up gradually as I learn the script system

Can I please ask you veterans for some help

I am on a windows 64bit OS

I ordered a
Brand Name: Zeus
Model Number: Blizzard X6
Algorithm: Scrypt
Standard Speed: About 3Mh/s

I am hoping not to use a Pi but to get a few more of these as I get going and use a powered USB hub like my Rockminers (is this possible)

What is the exact line I will need to use with BFG Miner 4.7.0?

I have this as the example Bat file to use for reference

bfgminer -d zeusminer --scrypt -o (pool) -u (user) -p (pass) -S all --set-device ZUS0:clock=300 <-----(is this the correct setting for the miner I am getting??)

am i missing anything like icarus Options or anything else that could be missing?

As I mentioned I am a CGminer user and Know that one pretty ok, I overclock my Antminers, and have worked with iccarus options onn the rockminers, the cgminer is imaged on a disk for my dragon miners and I am not sophisticated enough to mess with the Pi, I plug the dragons in, change the Ips, set the pool and passwords and WALA they mine and I am happy HAHAHA

as you can see I am a pretty simple man.

I do not wish to overclock the Zeus i live in the Philippines and I only overclock equipment that is useless anyways, the antminers have already paid for themselves, and even solomining crap coins they dont fair well so if they burn up no problem right? But all my other bigger equipment I do not overclock because of the heat here in the philippines. I just need to know what I need to prepare to have this stuff ready for when the Zeus arrives

AND I have a rockminer already hooked up and using CGminer am i going to get the stupid device failure notices in both the miners as CGminer attempts to connect to Zeus and BFGminer attempts to connect to the rockminers? Is there a way to stop those from happening? I hate it when I try and open antminer CGminer and rockminer CGminer separate on one computer and they fight each other to run the equipment, Now I put the antminer on one computer and the rockminers on a different computers and I dont get those stupid messages in the conflicting cgminers. Unfortunately I dont have another computer to keep BFGminer Zues and CGminer Rockminers separate now Sad So the rockminers will be on CGminer and the Zeus will be on BFGminer and all running on the same computer Sad

Thank you for your help

jorneyflair

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:25:29 PM

NEW VERSION 4.7.0, AUGUST 17 2014

Human readable changelog:
  • avalonmm: Guess sensible defaults when user does not specify clock/voltage.
  • minergate: New driver supporting the Spondoolies SP10.
  • Stratum: Support for mining.set_extranonce extension; put "#xnsub" at the end of the pool URI to enable.

Full changelog:
  • openwrt/multibuild: Avoid copying bitforce-firmware-flash, which is no longer included
  • AUTHORS: Simpler design, alphabetise lists
  • Remove obsolete SuSE packaging
  • Bugfix: test_hash: Fix Htarg calculation for exact binary divisions of diff 1
  • Fix target calculation from diff < 1.0 in test_hash()
  • avalonmm: Try to autodetect a sane default voltage and clock from MM version
  • avalonmm: Only poll one module at a time, so they don't try to talk over each other
  • avalonmm: Set baud rate for detection
  • Stratum: Ignore response from mining.extranonce.subscribe
  • Stratum: Implement mining.set_extranonce, and advertise support for it to pools with a #xnsub flag
  • Stratum: Keep nonce1 and n2size in a "staging" state until mining.notify is received
  • Stratum: Avoid putting new targets on pool stratum_work until mining.notify is received for it
  • minergate: Flush during init
  • minergate: Flush ready-to-queue list
  • minergate: Avoid preparing new jobs to queue while we are pending a flush, since the flush would occur after queuing the new jobs
  • minergate: Check for reused job ids
  • minergate: Avoid counting flushed jobs toward hashes done
  • minergate: Report all temperatures individually to RPC
  • minergate: Load temperatures from stats file
  • minergate: Implement hashmeter
  • minergate: Scale nonce difficulty up to pdiff 32
  • minergate: Implement mining
  • minergate: Support for detecting a SP10
  • Bugfix: configure: avalonmm needs work2d
  • Bugfix: bitforce: Remove sanity check triggered by race conditions on 65nm devices
  • Bugfix: bitforce: Avoid double-free of voltage data

hiya, i got all HW when mining at Nicehash showing that weird info while no problem in mining in cex.io or guild , could you please help
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:49:16 PM

Any idea why my Monarch would keep doing this? It hashes for a while, sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes an hour, then starts outputting this:

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:58:15 PM

Any idea why my Monarch would keep doing this? It hashes for a while, sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes an hour, then starts outputting this:

A debug log would probably be informational here, but I'm guessing it's a hardware or heat issue.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: