Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:05:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 [904] 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
knowbrainar

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:39:53 PM

Taking into consideration the low volume of trading on mintpal, do you think it would be worth maybe delaying the really big news until consumer confidence recovers in the Altcoin world? I was thinking in regards to maximising the growth of XC so its true value is reflected in the price it should reach.

For example, if REV 3 was released tomorrow along with huge PR, I'd estimate there would be a struggle to break 180k simply because of the low trading volume.

Just want to get a few thoughts on the matter.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:44:58 PM

New users will now get an email confirm when their account is validated:

SUBJECT: Account: TestRaven, validated at XC OFFICIAL FORUM

BODY:

TestRaven,

An administrator has accepted your registration request or email address change at XC OFFICIAL FORUM. You may now log in with
your chosen details and access your full user account at http://xctalk.com/index.php

sfc

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:03:10 PM

Taking into consideration the low volume of trading on mintpal, do you think it would be worth maybe delaying the really big news until consumer confidence recovers in the Altcoin world? I was thinking in regards to maximising the growth of XC so its true value is reflected in the price it should reach.

For example, if REV 3 was released tomorrow along with huge PR, I'd estimate there would be a struggle to break 180k simply because of the low trading volume.

The market will react to innovation, XC should not and does not need to conform to or chum up with short term interests.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:06:02 PM

To be honest never thought cloak would outperform XC. Doesn't seem right if you ask me.
Driv3n

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:07:22 PM

The market will react to innovation, XC should not and does not need to conform to or chum up with short term interests.

I see your point knowbrainar, and I do think if mintpal recovers some of its volume it will be beneficial for all alts on there.  Since Rev 3 is still a little ways off I think theres a chance we'll have good volume on mintpal and hopefully most other exchanges as well.
Driv3n

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:08:54 PM

To be honest never thought cloak would outperform XC. Doesn't seem right if you ask me.

Dont forget XC was top 5 in marketcap just a few weeks after being created... crypto markets are interesting.
knowbrainar

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:18:08 PM

I see your point knowbrainar, and I do think if mintpal recovers some of its volume it will be beneficial for all alts on there.  Since Rev 3 is still a little ways off I think theres a chance we'll have good volume on mintpal and hopefully most other exchanges as well.

Thanks for the answers.
demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:06:08 PM

cloaks Pump will be short lived like XC's to 300k, don't really care though. Cloak is a niche coin designed for black market activity, XCurrency is built for mass adoption by society while its anonymity feature will also attract black market consumers like cloak. Cloak is a single edged sword, while XC is the double-edged sword.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:51:10 PM

Hello all

The OP is now at a higher resolution than before.

(And it has some other trivial improvements.)

Looks great and easier on the eyes Wink
dannyspk

Activity: 341

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:52:24 PM

I agree with markets reacting to innovation in the long term considering there are key players looking at this space from a long term point of view. Short term market manipulation in the alt coin world is prevailing now more than ever. I believe once proper regulation is in process, people would be less likely to fall for these traps. But, at the same time, the general sentiment around a coin has to be positive before it really takes off. Cloak has been creating the buzz and they have something to show with PoSA so it might not really cool off unless there's something better. XC, on the other hand has been on the sidelines since the last PR release and the general sentiment has grown negative towards it. It might not matter to long term holders, but for the weak hands and the new comers, this is not welcoming at all. Perhaps this is what the ultimate goal is.. We'll see what happens..
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:13:14 AM

I agree with markets reacting to innovation in the long term considering there are key players looking at this space from a long term point of view. Short term market manipulation in the alt coin world is prevailing now more than ever. I believe once proper regulation is in process, people would be less likely to fall for these traps. But, at the same time, the general sentiment around a coin has to be positive before it really takes off. Cloak has been creating the buzz and they have something to show with PoSA so it might not really cool off unless there's something better. XC, on the other hand has been on the sidelines since the last PR release and the general sentiment has grown negative towards it. It might not matter to long term holders, but for the weak hands and the new comers, this is not welcoming at all. Perhaps this is what the ultimate goal is.. We'll see what happens..

I thought XC already had the PoSA? As in implemented a while ago.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
dannyspk

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:29:41 AM

Well, it certainly feels like that XC hasn't been in the limelight so far. In my opinion, it deserves more..
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:53:17 AM

Well, it certainly feels like that XC hasn't been in the limelight so far. In my opinion, it deserves more..

Well it has not which is leaving me wonder what the heck is going on. This IS a solid coin.

I dont feel uneasy yet, for I am long on this one.... plus I think of things like DOGE... had so much hype behind it and look at it now....glad to see I was right on that one at least here and now.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
dannyspk

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:35:07 AM

Well it has not which is leaving me wonder what the heck is going on. This IS a solid coin.

I dont feel uneasy yet, for I am long on this one.... plus I think of things like DOGE... had so much hype behind it and look at it now....glad to see I was right on that one at least here and now.

Glad you aren't running out of patience on this one brother. If you look at all the other "established alts" including Doge, it must be terrifying to have bought somewhere near the top along side with BTC's top.
Tree Fiddy

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:30:51 AM

I do not own any XC atm, but I just wanted to say that it's refreshing to see you guys behind your dev and team. So many coins seem plagued by people looking to capitalize on fudding their own dev or just not realizing the damage they cause to the alt scene. It takes a lot to come here as a dev and read posts from people attacking your work. I feel a lot of coins have their hearts in the right place initially only to see the dev abandon a project entirely over the lack of support and financial reward. Having a dev with business experience will take this coin a long way if not just for the fact that he has a thicker skin and vision. I wouldn't worry about the price so much for now. If you're invested you are a part of this team and as an early adopter you should be aware of the responsibility you have. Try not to make things harder than they already are by belittling each other. Even the detractors have a place in strengthening confidence in the project. Above all else stick with your dev.

ceo 10 μbtc/day
demgains

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:38:30 AM

I do not own any XC atm, but I just wanted to say that it's refreshing to see you guys behind your dev and team. So many coins seem plagued by people looking to capitalize on fudding their own dev or just not realizing the damage they cause to the alt scene. It takes a lot to come here as a dev and read posts from people attacking your work. I feel a lot of coins have their hearts in the right place initially only to see the dev abandon a project entirely over the lack of support and financial reward. Having a dev with business experience will take this coin a long way if not just for the fact that he has a thicker skin and vision. I wouldn't worry about the price so much for now. If you're invested you are a part of this team and as an early adopter you should be aware of the responsibility you have. Try not to make things harder than they already are by belittling each other. Even the detractors have a place in strengthening confidence in the project. Above all else stick with your dev.

I dont mind the prices for the time being, allows me to accumulate more at such cheap prices. I think the majority of us here believe that XC will have its time, several of us here have patience, and faith in XC becoming one of the best alts around.
rockstahh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:13:30 AM

This is Synechist the morning that REV3 is released! ha ha...!

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
Driv3n

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:28:53 AM

This is Synechist the morning that REV3 is released! ha ha...!

Lol I have no words...  Grin
Driv3n

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:35:20 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 04:15:28 AM by Driv3n

Thank you! I agree with your post and think the community has grown strong and supportive through all the ups and downs.

As the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day, and either was decentralized trustless anonymity, encrypted chat, ios and android apps, blockchain 2.0 apps, NFC payments, cashless XC ATMs, etc."
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:32:39 AM

Hi guys, I haven't been following this thread for a while.

I have a quick question: Have you implemented  Xnode system where you stake the 550XC to run the node?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 ... 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 [904] 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: