Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:28:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
reebokasss

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:20:55 AM

00028 what! Unbelievable. Not sure what the bottom is at this point! Very disappointing Sad

bottom is at 0 Smiley if we will see 20k so it means that XC havent bright future like everyone are talking.. made big losses for me :/

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GooseNL

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:48:53 AM

I am a XC invester 1st hour and would like to find some answers.
XC present itself as 2.0 platform. It means that coins similar like XCP (BTC) and XCH (VIA) could be implemented on the XC blockchain? Now UTIL (and XST?), a 2.0 coin,  will be part of the blocknet. Has blockchain made any 2.0 project for XC irrelevant now blocknet is there?
This 2.0 options was/is a reason for me to invest in XC.
I am curious what are future plans of XC concerting 2.0 Crypto economy.
More questions later.
Zarmung

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:59:40 AM

Strongly recommend to buy XC right now.
It's clear that the price is under influence by manipulators. Especially it visible in Cryptsy.
These guys don't even try to hide it Grin
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:01:24 AM

News from devs and price is 30k again:-) few pages ago someone said that xc is recovering:-D it would be nice not to see less than 30 ...
it'll be at 20 k next week, less than 10 k in 1 month, xc  turns into an zombicoin  Embarrassed

Sadly... That BlockNet shit burned it
I got out with huge losses

you made a mistake dumping now qawzsx buy back in till you are still in time. this the bottom. it will not reach 2k

No, I've made no mistake...my new investment will bring back my losses a lot more faster compared to staying in XC and hoping
Like I said, I don't feel like XC is going to meet my expectations anymore. BlockNet destroyed it from my point of view, that's one big flawed approach on developing things.

I don't see why not:
- keep XC as it is and transform it into something like BlockNet instead of creating a separate tech
- XCurrency already had a proper name for such approach, and name the merging feature something like XBridge was enough
- implement all blocknet features via sidechains
- etc, etc

Instead they decided to rush everything up in a new tech which make no sense.
I really don't see how is XC relevant anymore.

It's simple they needed more funds.

I am still hopeful for xc although they should have had a full ledger for the premine being used.

This time with blocknet funds there is to be a full ledger i understand.

I think dan has recouped a ton of xc through the blocknet sale. Let's hope this motivates him to take XC further.

The price is pretty shit right now. Let's hope they bring something out for block and XC pretty soon.

We need the media sharing aspect of it live well before maidsafe.

wooder

Activity: 324

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:18:58 PM

the problem is that both "coins" lost a lot of value. XC lost ~80% of it's value in the last 2  months and BLOCK ~50% since the end of the ITO.

We need good news and regular updates. The community and thread activity also dropped dramatically since the price drop.

Hopefully the team is preparing something behind the curtain.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:27:12 PM

the problem is that both "coins" lost a lot of value. XC lost ~80% of it's value in the last 2  months and BLOCK ~50% since the end of the ITO.

We need good news and regular updates. The community and thread activity also dropped dramatically since the price drop.

Hopefully the team is preparing something behind the curtain.

Yeah must be some  people here that have lost a ton of money on this.

I'm down a few btc but nothing huge. Some must have lost thousands on it.

The xc team seem to have moved on. The irc logs saying xc is nearly over had some truth to them.

The xc forum is a graveyard.

Let's see what block brings. I'm not confident on that either like i was. However, like you say there could be some small hope for both from here onwards.

qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:03:28 PM

News from devs and price is 30k again:-) few pages ago someone said that xc is recovering:-D it would be nice not to see less than 30 ...
it'll be at 20 k next week, less than 10 k in 1 month, xc  turns into an zombicoin  Embarrassed

Sadly... That BlockNet shit burned it
I got out with huge losses

you made a mistake dumping now qawzsx buy back in till you are still in time. this the bottom. it will not reach 2k

No, I've made no mistake...my new investment will bring back my losses a lot more faster compared to staying in XC and hoping
Like I said, I don't feel like XC is going to meet my expectations anymore. BlockNet destroyed it from my point of view, that's one big flawed approach on developing things.

I don't see why not:
- keep XC as it is and transform it into something like BlockNet instead of creating a separate tech
- XCurrency already had a proper name for such approach, and name the merging feature something like XBridge was enough
- implement all blocknet features via sidechains
- etc, etc

Instead they decided to rush everything up in a new tech which make no sense.
I really don't see how is XC relevant anymore.

It's simple they needed more funds.

I am still hopeful for xc although they should have had a full ledger for the premine being used.

This time with blocknet funds there is to be a full ledger i understand.

I think dan has recouped a ton of xc through the blocknet sale. Let's hope this motivates him to take XC further.

The price is pretty shit right now. Let's hope they bring something out for block and XC pretty soon.

We need the media sharing aspect of it live well before maidsafe.

Neah, it's not about funds, they had enough funds since there was no proper marketing for this project at all.
You can develop XC as it is right now without much funds, so I call this BS even if I was a strong hand in XC and a strong believer, but I needed to be real. My loss became real as soon as I decided to bail out, but so my time lose was real, having such amount of money blocked within a project which haven't moved for ~4 months.
Lets be real, this is TINY development to be achieved in 4 months period.

I was in only because of Dan, he IS very legit compared to other coins out there, and there are very few coins which can be trusted with med-term investment out there.
4-5 months is long-term already in crypto, and XC achieved nothing. I could not risk another 3-4 months to move 2-3x in marketcap, and I clearly see how flawed projects like BlockNet or SuperNet are. It's like Microsoft, Google, Apple, Etc merging their techs under one umbrella. That's crazy, we are not living in such world and human nature cannot support such approaches. This kind of approach will only bring failure at one point.
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:54:50 PM

Neah, it's not about funds, they had enough funds since there was no proper marketing for this project at all.
You can develop XC as it is right now without much funds, so I call this BS even if I was a strong hand in XC and a strong believer, but I needed to be real. My loss became real as soon as I decided to bail out, but so my time lose was real, having such amount of money blocked within a project which haven't moved for ~4 months.

I was in only because of Dan, he IS very legit compared to other coins out there, and there are very few coins which can be trusted with med-term investment out there.
4-5 months is long-term already in crypto, and XC achieved nothing. I could not risk another 3-4 months to move 2-3x in marketcap, and I clearly see how flawed projects like BlockNet or SuperNet are. It's like Microsoft, Google, Apple, Etc merging their techs under one umbrella. That's crazy, we are not living in such world and human nature cannot support such approaches. This kind of approach will only bring failure at one point.

I agree with you that development has significantly slowed down but disagree with this "project which haven't moved for ~4 months" drum you keep banging. This is a gross exaggeration. Just a quick look at the roadmap shows this. Innovations like the x-mixer and trustless multipath meshnet - both huge developments - were released in September.

I do agree, however, that the last 2 months have shown little progression. This period has obviously coincided with the Blocknet announcement even though assurances were given that XC development would continue unabated. The tug-of-war between XC and Blocknet has already started. I really hope the next couple of weeks pick up dramatically and the team start to show more presence here with significant updates. We need an updated roadmap with dates to show their commitment to XC in the short term or the price will continue to drop. At the moment there is nothing to look forward to and we're just getting announcements about possible announcements. This is like night and day to how things were being presented in the first few months. I'm confident things will pick up but hope it's sooner rather than later before the XC price drops even further.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 02:48:11 PM

Tor sticks article time!

Keeping an eye on the official XC forums for future developments, but feel free to poke me on Twitter any time Smiley
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:29:34 PM

does xc 'll be present in  Seoul • December 12-13, 2014 ?
Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:03:01 PM

Tor sticks article time!

Keeping an eye on the official XC forums for future developments, but feel free to poke me on Twitter any time Smiley

Thanks for the update!
joshbtcmint

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:08:40 PM

I agree with you that development has significantly slowed down but disagree with this "project which haven't moved for ~4 months" drum you keep banging. This is a gross exaggeration. Just a quick look at the roadmap shows this. Innovations like the x-mixer and trustless multipath meshnet - both huge developments - were released in September.

I do agree, however, that the last 2 months have shown little progression. This period has obviously coincided with the Blocknet announcement even though assurances were given that XC development would continue unabated. The tug-of-war between XC and Blocknet has already started. I really hope the next couple of weeks pick up dramatically and the team start to show more presence here with significant updates. We need an updated roadmap with dates to show their commitment to XC in the short term or the price will continue to drop. At the moment there is nothing to look forward to and we're just getting announcements about possible announcements. This is like night and day to how things were being presented in the first few months. I'm confident things will pick up but hope it's sooner rather than later before the XC price drops even further.

I think until the project is open sourced, and the tech is audited, the claim of nothing being done is on point.

It does not take 4 months to incorporate a business, it does take weeks to cover your tracks and spend the pre-mine shadily though.

Look, I hold alot of XC, but I am tired of watching whole bitcoins in value be lost, to what is obviously a group people, manipulating the markets. Dan or not.

I am sick of waking up, and literally having lost hundreds in value, every single day since September. Then he announces Blocknet, and collectively fucks us up our ass.

This shit is sickeningly deceptive, and is going to be bad for crypto all around if nothing comes out of it. Ultimate transfer of wealth for sure, from those with it, who worked for it, to those who manipulate it, with promises of cutting-edge tech that NEVER IS DELIVERED.

Deliver the tech gentlemen.

1. Open Source the ANON tech

2. Prove you have anything worth two wet-shit's in a dirty diaper

3. Simple

PaidFudder

Activity: 333

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:46:33 PM

+1 joshbtcmint

HappyHogan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:47:21 PM

+1
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:02:05 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 06:15:06 PM by Artoodeetoo

+1 exactly how I feel

Look at the buzz that came from REV2... We should have been REV 2.5, then REV 3....

But REV2 lauch was bodged, then relaunched and nothing really since, announcements of announcements or future potential opportunities..

Unsure where XC is headed from here sadly... I actually think it may well die and I would suggest you look elsewhere for the tech that is going to be prime...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
$howmetheMoney

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:55:59 PM

Open source the industry leading anon tech? Are you batshit coocoo?

That's like investors of Apple demanding to see the blue prints for the iPhone before smart phones were a thing.

These are blueprints to create a household name, (think skype app on iphone,droid,windows) anonymous decentralized communications network.

Not only does this communications network exist to preserve privacy of your voice, but also your spending. This technology is being tested and group chat is being added with improved stealth addressees this release.

Enjoy total freedom. XCurrency
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 07:20:13 PM

Open source the industry leading anon tech? Are you batshit coocoo?

XC is far from being the anon industry leader and falls further behind every day.  DarkCoin and Monero are way ahead of it.

DRK is open-sourced once in a while; XMR is completely open and crowd-sourced just like Bitcoin.

WTF is XC's problem?  What is it hiding?  Back doors?  Vulnerabilities?  Exploits?

You'd have to be a total noob to trust closed-source anon/privacy/financial software.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:08:37 PM

DRK is open source (now) but has been a long time closed...I guess to perfect it. also DRK is older than XC
Monero still has BIG bloat Issues...

XC is just protecting code, so nobody would run off with it

edit: forgot to mention that XC REV1 is open-source. it is not trustless though
sugarboy321

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:43:01 PM

DRK is open source (now) but has been a long time closed...I guess to perfect it. also DRK is older than XC
Monero still has BIG bloat Issues...

XC is just protecting code, so nobody would run off with it

edit: forgot to mention that XC REV1 is open-source. it is not trustless though

+1

Funny how Icebreaker neglected to mention this.  Grin
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 09:07:52 PM

You misunderstand the situation, XC has no intention of being permanently closed-source. The Rev1 mixer code has already been released, and code will continue to be released on a delayed timeline as new Rev's come out.

Bitcoin doesn't delay release of its code and instead makes sure that it is thoroughly reviewed by the entire world before incorporating anything new into the official version.  Monero does the same.

The "delayed timeline" approach reeks of insecurity (in both compsec and psych sense of the word).

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and should be welcomed as a key form of validation, not avoided.

Only a total newb would accept obscurity as a form of security and source of value.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: