Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:40:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 [1575] 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
trust.no.one

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:51:44 PM

I don't care about blocknet.  I want to know why does it even exist.  Any feature you can add to blocknet can be added directly to XC.  

Generating revenue through fees is a pipedream.  How are we supposed to believe in small fees when XC is consistently losing massive value?  We need a stable currency first.  And I don't see how blocknet helps us get there at all.  Maybe it's useful.  If it just involves borrowing other coins' features I don't see the use.  Any coin can add any feature it wants.  It would be much more preferable to have one coin with all the features of the other coins.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:51:57 PM

Pookie this is no time to imagine that your banned status no longer applies.

I always see it as a good sign when pookie is around saying were all fucked. It seems to generally mean he wants cheaper coins. I say let him carry on, lets see how low we can go Im still buying. lets try get down to 20  Grin

Ha ha!

Im serious man! Look, the price is already going back up! bring on the FUD!  Cheesy

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:52:46 PM

the mixer the chat  working flawlessly and thats it at least for a couple of months.

This statement is not entirely true.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:53:03 PM

I don't care about blocknet.  I want to know why does it even exist.  Any feature you can add to blocknet can be added directly to XC.  

Generating revenue through fees is a pipedream.  How are we supposed to believe in small fees when XC is consistently losing massive value?  We need a stable currency first.  And I don't see how blocknet helps us get there at all.  Maybe it's useful.  If it just involves borrowing other coins' features I don't see the use.  Any coin can add any feature it wants.  It would be much more preferable to have one coin with all the features of the other coins.  

Let's talk about this in the Blocknet thread.

It's not true that any feature you can add to blocknet can be added directly to XC.  

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:02:26 PM

It's not true that any feature you can add to blocknet can be added directly to XC.  

The pipedream is the belief that features are going to make a crypto currency stable.  Let's get this straight right now, the only feature that will make any crypto stable is demand to use it for something other than holding for price appreciation.  The demand to use it is the only feature that will change the crypto environment to anything other than a trading game.  The crypto that solves this puzzle wins and none are close yet.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:03:54 PM

The pipedream is the belief that features are going to make a crypto currency stable.  Let's get this straight right now, the only feature that will make any crypto stable is demand to use it for something other than holding for price appreciation.  The demand to use it is the only feature that will change the crypto environment to anything other than a trading game.  The crypto that solves this puzzle wins and none are close yet.

Hmm... stay tuned.

(We've been dead-set on the objective of real-world usability from the beginning. Something new is coming.)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:06:24 PM

Hmm... stay tuned.

(We've been dead-set on the objective of real-world usability from the beginning. Something new is coming.)

We don't want something new.  We want the features you say are working to actually work on all platforms.

Also...you may of missed my questioning...

What is the name of Dan's corporation?

Can you break down how the pre-mine was spent on the projects you mention?  The Reddit thread said this would be done during the spending process but that did not happen.  Now you have an opportunity to correct this.
tat123

Activity: 261

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:08:50 PM

Arlyn... I have not posted one bad thing about XC. Not once. So please answer Ursay. Its a relevant question that I would like to know.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:14:38 PM

The pipedream is the belief that features are going to make a crypto currency stable.  Let's get this straight right now, the only feature that will make any crypto stable is demand to use it for something other than holding for price appreciation.  The demand to use it is the only feature that will change the crypto environment to anything other than a trading game.  The crypto that solves this puzzle wins and none are close yet.

Hmm... stay tuned.

We don't want something new.  We want the features you say are working to actually work on all platforms.

Also...you may of missed my questioning...

What is the name of Dan's corporation?

Can you break down how the pre-mine was spent on the projects you mention?  The Reddit thread said this would be done during the spending process but that did not happen.  Now you have an opportunity to correct this.

Apologies for not responding to this.

I messaged Dan to ask whether he'd like to respond, but I haven't heard back yet.

I think it should be him who discloses this. I don't have the relevant info anyway regarding spending.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:15:25 PM

I learned one thing from having patience with a coin which is no SCAM.

When everybody was selling BlackCoin and everybody was fuding their thread I was buying like crazy for ~700 - ~900 sat each coin.
As soon as the coin proved to be developed and taken care of by legit and skilled people I knew that I was going to make lots of money from that investment.

My 8 BTC investment turned into ~370 BTC when I sold my BlackCoins for ~45k - 65k sat

I have the same feelings with XC right now and I'm very happy with my stash

BlockNet is going to push this baby near NXT with no problem.

You don't deserve to call yourselves investors, panicking like little babies when mommy is not around.
You all start crying right and left when you "loose" money when the price goes down. It's your own impatience and fear that makes you loose. You gonna loose money only if you DUMP.

Yes, there is some risk of losing all, so what? Invest only what you afford to lose.

Stop calling yourselves investors, bunch of scaredy cats

This is my last post on this thread. I had enough

Cheers
shockstar

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:18:55 PM

I learned one thing from having patience with a coin which is no SCAM.

When everybody was selling BlackCoin and everybody was fuding their thread I was buying like crazy for ~700 - ~900 sat each coin.
As soon as the coin proved to be developed and taken care of by legit and skilled people I knew that I was going to make lots of money from that investment.

My 8 BTC investment turned into ~370 BTC when I sold my BlackCoins for ~45k - 65k sat

I have the same feelings with XC right now and I'm very happy with my stash

BlockNet is going to push this baby near NXT with no problem.

You don't deserve to call yourselves investors, panicking like little babies when mommy is not around.
You all start crying right and left when you "loose" money when the price goes down. It's your own impatience and fear that makes you loose. You gonna loose money only if you DUMP.

Yes, there is some risk of losing all, so what? Invest only what you afford to lose.

Cheers

those were the days lol

You should of cashed out at peak 90k
Buy back at 25k and sell at 50k lol
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:19:20 PM

XC has got to be the most FUDed coin in all of crypto.

Seriously... Huh  Even some of you who have been here for awhile don't know which way is which any longer.

If I were a whale or market maker of sorts and wanted to manipulate/profit from the market, I would have manipulated you all into behaving exactly as you are right now. Divide and conquer. Divide...and conquer.

Make no mistake, someone is going to profit huge from all of this FUD and the resulting market volatility.

Might I remind you all that Dan plans to incorporate XC next year? This is his incentive. Fuck the premine. XC is on a level beyond what the rest of crypto can comprehend.

Synechist, you look like you need a hand deflecting all this, but you're doing a wonderful job by yourself. Wish I could be around more to help deflect some of the babble in here.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:22:23 PM

Seriously... Huh  Even some of you who have been here for awhile don't know which way is which any longer.

If I were a whale or market maker of sorts and wanted to manipulate/profit from the market, I would have manipulated you all into behaving exactly as you are right now. Divide and conquer. Divide...and conquer.

Make no mistake, someone is going to profit huge from all of this FUD and the resulting market volatility.

Might I remind you all that Dan plans to incorporate XC next year? This is his incentive. Fuck the premine. XC is on a level beyond what the rest of crypto can comprehend.

Synechist, you look like you need a hand deflecting all this, but you're doing a wonderful job by yourself. Wish I could be around more to help deflect some of the babble in here.

Thanks for the perspective there - and the compliment.

I agree with your analysis, for what it's worth.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G-Bert

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:25:40 PM

Cheers

I think its natural to go into panic mode. I've done it every time, its like an instinct. you have to step back and assess the situation and relax. If you have trust in the coin then just hold tight. A few hours ago i had my head in my hands, now after thinking rationally, I'm not (too) worried.

Don't give people shit for worrying though. it's been a pretty harsh dump in the last couple weeks.

Crypto-in-tha-blood

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:28:10 PM

Well said.  

Anyway, the majority of this FUD is from an organized group put together by another coin, to try and ruin XC and BLOCK.    

On that note, to those FUDding....

Who cares about the Pre-mine.  It was used for it's intended purpose.  To develop XC.  Get over it.  

G-Bert

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:31:22 PM

Well said.

Also, appropriate username!

URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:31:45 PM

- Specifically, XC's funding comes from Dan's corporation, which has pioneered IP over RF in marine environments.

If you want to bring up Dan's corporation in an official statement and mention that it funds XC development then there should not be a problem naming that corporation, right?  If XC is official as the name suggests and everything is legit then transparency shouldn't be an issue.

Clear information helps investors make sound decisions.
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:36:26 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 07:52:10 PM by braxx

- Specifically, XC's funding comes from Dan's corporation, which has pioneered IP over RF in marine environments.

If you want to bring up Dan's corporation in an official statement and mention that it funds XC development then there should not be a problem naming that corporation, right?  If XC is official as the name suggests and everything is legit then transparency shouldn't be an issue.

have you noticed Dan's linked-in?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:36:55 PM

It's ATC Corp.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Aderks

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:37:44 PM

From Linked-in:

CEO
XC
April 2014 – Present (7 months) Boston

XC - The leading software company in decentralized applications, current products include XCurrency and XChat - XC the worlds first decentralized Infrastructure as a Service platform

Consultant
ATC CORP
January 2011 – Present
(3 years 10 months) Boston

ATC Corp

Technology Consulting & Solutions
Pages: « 1 ... 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 [1575] 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: