Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:55:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:11:50 AM

You guys wanna see something fun?

I'm gonna test the strength of a possible recovery and buy up a few thousand after I make this post. Hopefully it'll start a bull run up and a recovery, if it doesn't, were gonna break through 0.00125 without a doubt

Things like this are necessary to test the strength of a market. Lets see what happens

Was that 2977.48 order yours?

That and a few others I've been putting in over the last twenty minutes.  It's kinda building a bull run. I usually do them as soon as we test key support levels like the 0.00125 we did in the last thirty minutes

Ha ha. Great strategy. Lovely to have the capital to do it.

Good timing too. The wicks of the previous two candles make a bullish order look plausible.

Ahh it's called an elasticity test. When the market looks strained you put a bit of pressure on it one way and see if it pulls back. It's kind of necessary in situations like these, gives me a good indicator on the strength of a recovery and ultimately whether to dump or not, plus I've timed it pretty well to give the charts a sense of recovery, if it fails then there is little strength and the chance of the downward trend continuing is extremely high. I'm gonna pull it a few more times then go for this swim. Pool doesn't open for another ten minutes so might aswell use this time wisely. If the next couple of candles on the 30m chart don't assume a recovery I strongly suggest everybody dumps before I do.

Also, to add, most of the other whales out there don't check this forum, they will be sitting either in an office or there homes with four screens running every indicator they have. And I've just thrown them all out of wack. Might cause them to get jumpy and rebuy.

Lets see what happens. Good luck people.

Fascinating. It must be a lot easier when you don't have to rely purely on chart patterns. Being able to physically test the market is amazing.

I discovered a fun strategy during an especially quiet time on Bitfinex. I'd put in a miniscule sell in the first second of a candle to start it low, and then keep it bullish with miniscule buys at opportune times. The chart comes out bullish with minimal expense. Not that the gains were especially meaningful in a market as quiet as that, but it's a nice way to reduce ambiguity on a chart.

Yea. Manipulating charts isn't too hard. I do it at times like these throw off other whales and see how they would react to changing circumstances. Things like this occasionally trigger recoveries but I must say its looking like a futile attempt

Anyways, That's a nice strategy, shows you can do it with even the smallest of amounts. Hahaha its kinda worrying considering I spent most my time reading charts, people like you make my life a nightmare Wink

Ha ha! Sorry man. If I feel the urge to do it to XC I'll let you know.

But I don't think it's doable with tiny amounts unless the market is really quiet. So often it's necessary to push through a bit of resistance to get the candle to look bullish, and that would take more funds. Also it's impossible to do when some stupid bot is selling 0.004 BTC every second.

Edit: would my strategy change things for you though? I mean, if it's on the chart, it's real, and so everyone responds accordingly. So your chart-reading would remain on course.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ibfragalot2

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

First account stolen, in traditional BCT fashion!

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:16:17 AM

Oh geeze... buy orders down to 0.0012. I thought 20 was bad Sad Only 10btc buy volume on Polo. This does'nt look good.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:16:22 AM

I'm gonna test the strength of a possible recovery and buy up a few thousand after I make this post. Hopefully it'll start a bull run up and a recovery, if it doesn't, were gonna break through 0.00125 without a doubt

Things like this are necessary to test the strength of a market. Lets see what happens

That and a few others I've been putting in over the last twenty minutes.  It's kinda building a bull run. I usually do them as soon as we test key support levels like the 0.00125 we did in the last thirty minutes

Good timing too. The wicks of the previous two candles make a bullish order look plausible.

Ahh it's called an elasticity test. When the market looks strained you put a bit of pressure on it one way and see if it pulls back. It's kind of necessary in situations like these, gives me a good indicator on the strength of a recovery and ultimately whether to dump or not, plus I've timed it pretty well to give the charts a sense of recovery, if it fails then there is little strength and the chance of the downward trend continuing is extremely high. I'm gonna pull it a few more times then go for this swim. Pool doesn't open for another ten minutes so might aswell use this time wisely. If the next couple of candles on the 30m chart don't assume a recovery I strongly suggest everybody dumps before I do.

Also, to add, most of the other whales out there don't check this forum, they will be sitting either in an office or there homes with four screens running every indicator they have. And I've just thrown them all out of wack. Might cause them to get jumpy and rebuy.

Fascinating. It must be a lot easier when you don't have to rely purely on chart patterns. Being able to physically test the market is amazing.

I discovered a fun strategy during an especially quiet time on Bitfinex. I'd put in a miniscule sell in the first second of a candle to start it low, and then keep it bullish with miniscule buys at opportune times. The chart comes out bullish with minimal expense. Not that the gains were especially meaningful in a market as quiet as that, but it's a nice way to reduce ambiguity on a chart.

Yea. Manipulating charts isn't too hard. I do it at times like these throw off other whales and see how they would react to changing circumstances. Things like this occasionally trigger recoveries but I must say its looking like a futile attempt

Anyways, That's a nice strategy, shows you can do it with even the smallest of amounts. Hahaha its kinda worrying considering I spent most my time reading charts, people like you make my life a nightmare Wink

But I don't think it's doable with tiny amounts unless the market is really quiet. So often it's necessary to push through a bit of resistance to get the candle to look bullish, and that would take more funds. Also it's impossible to do when some stupid bot is selling 0.004 BTC every second.

It is possible. I probably shouldn't make this public but if you just do extremely small buy or sell orders every 15 minutes right before the charts update, not before, you can really make a huge difference to their outlook in the long term. It will really throw off the professional traders.

Anyways, for the record, I very rarely do this. Only when we are in the middle of a crash like we are now, or near the top of bubbles. Kinda pointless doing it any other times
DRobert

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:21:26 AM

Good news from dev but coin crashing....

What gives.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:21:55 AM

It is possible. I probably shouldn't make this public but if you just do extremely small buy or sell orders every 15 minutes right before the charts update you can really make a huge difference to their outlook in the long term

Anyways, for the record, I very rarely do this. Only when we are in the middle of a crash like we are now, or near the top of bubbles. Kinda pointless doing it any other times

Yeah, that's a great trick. In fact, we should publicise it on this thread. It'll facilitate a good pump. Ha ha.

Thanks for the help. Gotta love a conscientious whale.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:24:56 AM

What gives.
LOL
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:26:48 AM

It is possible. I probably shouldn't make this public but if you just do extremely small buy or sell orders every 15 minutes right before the charts update you can really make a huge difference to their outlook in the long term

Yeah, that's a great trick. In fact, we should publicise it on this thread. It'll facilitate a good pump. Ha ha.

In the next few months when the bitcoin bubble starts to form I'm gonna take a few months break write up everything I know about trading, exchanges, investment opportunities, chart patterns and manipulation, and ill make it all public. Its kind of my way of levelling the playing field. Ill make sure to send you a link once its done
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:28:12 AM

In the next few months when the bitcoin bubble starts to form I'm gonna take a few months break write up everything I know about trading, exchanges, chart patterns and manipulation, and ill make it all public. Its kind of my way of levelling the playing field. Ill make sure to send you a link once its done

Thanks fellow. That would be fantastic.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:28:45 AM

What gives.
LOL

LOL + 1

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631052.msg7137837#msg7137837

look at the block times - cant even make transfers properly.
ballzdeep

Activity: 193

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:31:24 AM

What gives.
LOL

LOL + 1

Such a gloating fucking piece of garbage, you and propulsion ... jeez

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:39:58 AM

Im out see you at .0010

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:40:53 AM

What gives.
LOL

LOL + 1

I bet you can't even wipe your nose properly...

What a retard
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:41:55 AM

Im out see you at .0010

Cheers fellow. May we all emerge with more XC than we started with.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:42:27 AM

What gives.
With lots of hot money in the coin, the issue of dynamic trust needs to be clearly and unambiguously addressed IMO.
Sorry if it has been, if that is the case can someone point to it.
Thanks
HarryPotterCoin

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:42:55 AM

How do you run a XC mixing node?

You can refer to the user guide.
i know its probably been said a bunch but its not in the ann... what flags & config steps are needed to setup/run xnode... I hear its simple but that its more than just running the batch file, or rather when i ran just that batch file i didnt seem to be accomplishing anything.  Also maybe a good writeup could be part of the announce, or on the wbesite, or on your forum or anywhere really...  Thanks in advance!

Make X11Coin.cong and put in there:
listen=1
rpcuser=changeuser
rpcpassword=changepass
reservebalance=10000
addnode=west01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=east01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=west02.xcnode.xc-official.com

After that only run run-xc-xnode-mainnet.bat. reservebalance=10000 is example from manual, can be any ammount you want. In this release 15XC is needed for node, it is only for testing purposes.
 Ofc download latest wallet or it shall not work...
520bit you could just post the user guide link, I wasnt able to find this info, apparently others cant either...
nevermind i found the user guide... http://xc-official.com/XCPlatform/user_guides/

Why people are dumping XC? However, I bought 2000 XC at 0.00125. Thanks people who are dumping XC!

I strongly believe this is the "darkest" period for XC!

Now I make the "to da moon" spell for XC. "bon zu sa la vi, la fa ra, to da moon ta"!
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:45:47 AM

Im out see you at .0010

I just tansfered to wallet get some PoS. I cant handle watching this knowing the account balance lol. If there was a way to turn that off I would be much better. So to get rid of the urge of panic, got em out of there...

I got some BTC coming in not much , but set some buys a little lower and see what happens but for now its staking.

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:48:18 AM

How do you run a XC mixing node?

You can refer to the user guide.
i know its probably been said a bunch but its not in the ann... what flags & config steps are needed to setup/run xnode... I hear its simple but that its more than just running the batch file, or rather when i ran just that batch file i didnt seem to be accomplishing anything.  Also maybe a good writeup could be part of the announce, or on the wbesite, or on your forum or anywhere really...  Thanks in advance!

Make X11Coin.cong and put in there:
listen=1
rpcuser=changeuser
rpcpassword=changepass
reservebalance=10000
addnode=west01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=east01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=west02.xcnode.xc-official.com

After that only run run-xc-xnode-mainnet.bat. reservebalance=10000 is example from manual, can be any ammount you want. In this release 15XC is needed for node, it is only for testing purposes.
 Ofc download latest wallet or it shall not work...
520bit you could just post the user guide link, I wasnt able to find this info, apparently others cant either...
nevermind i found the user guide... http://xc-official.com/XCPlatform/user_guides/

Why people are dumping XC? However, I bought 2000 XC at 0.00125. Thanks people who are dumping XC!

I strongly believe this is the "darkest" period for XC!

Now I make the "to da moon" spell for XC. "bon zu sa la vi, la fa ra, to da moon ta"!

Its not so much losing out on it, but sometimes you take a bit of a hit and then return that at a lower buy price. If or when it rebounds, we know how high it can go, so if you bought at 1500 , sold at 1300, then rebuy at like 1000 and it goes up to 2400... I think from my math you win on that. Not only because the amount is higher, you also bought more coin while it was lower.

(Give me a break this made sense in my head so PFFFFTTTTT ! )

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 01:49:58 AM

Im out see you at .0010

I just tansfered to wallet get some PoS. I cant handle watching this knowing the account balance lol. If there was a way to turn that off I would be much better. So to get rid of the urge of panic, got em out of there...

I got some BTC coming in not much , but set some buys a little lower and see what happens but for now its staking.

Hah. Pragmatic move there.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
CrymsonCoin16

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:54:15 AM

There's too much selling and not enough buying momentum. :/ When will this descent stop?
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:55:11 AM

There's too much selling and not enough buying momentum. :/ When will this descent stop?

When ppl stop to feed whales and help them make tons of money Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: