Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:49:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gadgetnerd

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:04:58 PM

...don't think there is an outstanding design in the submissions.

+1. I don't think it's a good idea to design a logo without first creating a brand identity and narrative.

its 2014 only way to make a logo is make a bounty and whack it up at http://99designs.com/
get the professionals to compete...

i think solid and cryptodruti are at 99designs level, they just haven't put it in 3d or iron or something. but the arrangement is great

Guys, is this not a cart-before-the-horse scenario? Getting a logo hastily and without a cohesive brand strategy will just come across as patchy and unprofessional.

don't overthink this, its a cryptocurrency with a bad logo and it needs a nice new one , thats it, the  brandof xc is beeing best in fundamentals and beeing visionary in new features imo, the logo just needs to look cool in webshops, ranking sites and merch. and it just needs to be up to standard

I'm all for a bare-bones approach. Totally. What I mean though is that the role of branding, PR etc. is to clearly communicate the fundamentals. I'm sure you'd agree that they've been mostly obscured by FUD lately. We need good communication, and it's not hard to do properly. (In fact I've suggested to the Dev that I take it on.)
I agree, There’s a lot of talk about how to get XC noticed by more people and a lot of suggestions have come by on the forum.
But we should have a more strategic approach to this.

Suggestion 1: Coordinate all external communication
Everybody telling the same story helps the rule of repetition (communication is most effective when it is repeatedly brought to the attention of our target market)

Suggestion 2 Anticipate on possible reations
Before dev. makes a new announcement, lets think over  the possible reactions from our target market and write possible responses to those reactions.

Suggestion 3: Make a (short)list of possible comm. channels. Formulate what we want to tell about XC on each channel. Write  pressreleases /flashmessages

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FoldingTime

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:05:05 PM

I usually avoid talking about price but thought I would share this with you. If price closes below 0.0008 then panic, else, we're just starting the recovery and get ready to buy cheap XC.

tr8kr

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:05:45 PM

BETA Testing

How to run a xnode with the last wallet : http://xc-official.com/release/wallets/XCv0.9.1.35x11-coin-1.0.zip

You must run the xnode wallet on another computer in this way you are safe to test it.
I know there is other way to do it but i have tested it in this way.

Launch your wallet without the X11Coin.conf in appdata/Roaming/X11Coin/ and run "run-xc-xnode-mainnet.bat"
You will get a message with your password in it dont close it for now, create a new file in appdata/Roaming/X11Coin/ and rename it "X11Coin.conf",now put the password in it and that :

reservebalance=100
rpcuser=bitcoinrpc
rpcpassword=(Password of the first start)
addnode=east01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=west01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=west02.xcnode.xc-official.com

Now you can save your X11Coin.conf and make it Read-Only !
Close your wallet and restart it with again "run-xc-xnode-mainnet.bat" !
You're now syncing your wallet with the network , wait for it !
After syncing is completed transfert 15xc from your main wallet to your fresh xnode wallet ,encrypted it, then restarted it and unlocked it.

You have now a xnode wallet running !!!

Correct me if i am wrong !
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:06:20 PM

+1. I don't think it's a good idea to design a logo without first creating a brand identity and narrative.

its 2014 only way to make a logo is make a bounty and whack it up at http://99designs.com/

i think solid and cryptodruti are at 99designs level, they just haven't put it in 3d or iron or something. but the arrangement is great

Guys, is this not a cart-before-the-horse scenario? Getting a logo hastily and without a cohesive brand strategy will just come across as patchy and unprofessional.

don't overthink this, its a cryptocurrency with a bad logo and it needs a nice new one , thats it, the  brandof xc is beeing best in fundamentals and beeing visionary in new features imo, the logo just needs to look cool in webshops, ranking sites and merch. and it just needs to be up to standard

I'm all for a bare-bones approach. Totally. What I mean though is that the role of branding, PR etc. is to clearly communicate the fundamentals. I'm sure you'd agree that they've been mostly obscured by FUD lately. We need good communication, and it's not hard to do properly. (In fact I've suggested to the Dev that I take it on.)
I agree, There’s a lot of talk about how to get XC noticed by more people and a lot of suggestions have come by on the forum.

Everybody telling the same story helps the rule of repetition (communication is most effective when it is repeatedly brought to the attention of our target market)

Before dev. makes a new announcement, lets think over  the possible reactions from our target market and write possible responses to those reactions.

Suggestion 3: Make a (short)list of possible comm. channels. Formulate what we want to tell about XC on each channel. Write  pressreleases /flashmessages

+1. I'm all for this. And it's gotta be done pretty professionally if we're to avoid drowning in FUD again.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:07:04 PM

why the price is falling ?
to lazy to read
any reason or just whale game ?

pump ended Grin

sorry hahaha bought 1.5btc at 10k, went to take a shit, came back and there was a 15k buy order at 2btc on polo i look at bittrex its sititng on 11k...
fuck it..... SELLL....

sorry guys... if it helps, i made some good profit cheers and bought back in at 9k....
And how many days ago was this? There hasn't been a 15K sell on Polo all day.
everyone is at mintpal.com, not polo and not bittrex

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:07:39 PM

I'm all for a bare-bones approach. Totally. What I mean though is that the role of branding, PR etc. is to clearly communicate the fundamentals. I'm sure you'd agree that they've been mostly obscured by FUD. We need good communication, and it's not hard to do properly. (In fact I've suggested to the Dev that I take it on.)

thats cool,You sound like you know what your doing. I'm far from beeing a marketing expert. i just think best way now is end contest pic winner(solid please Smiley) work logo into website (color change etc), start communicating the fundamentals. go to moon. retire Cheesy

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:08:23 PM

Before dev. makes a new announcement, lets think over  the possible reactions from our target market and write possible responses to those reactions.

Suggestion 3: Make a (short)list of possible comm. channels. Formulate what we want to tell about XC on each channel. Write  pressreleases /flashmessages

+1. I'm all for this. And it's gotta be done pretty professionally if we're to avoid drowning in FUD again.

Maintaining a frank and current list of challenges is critical. That way, we're the first to say what isn't implemented yet, and why. This is how we build trust, through clarity and honesty.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
sfc

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:11:38 PM

Check my posts, me and some other guys have been begging for a professional approach to the brand identity so many times. I just gave up. I m holding because of dev, but the PR has been a total desaster and there is no willing to change it so far. It s just sad to see such great developement with such a shoddy marketing. Hope that changes soon. There is no real winner in this logocontest for me too.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:13:37 PM

Check my posts, me and some other guys have been begging for a professional approach to the brand identity so many times. I just gave up. I m holding because of dev, but the PR has been a total desaster and there is no willing to change it so far. It s just sad to see such great developement with such a shoddy marketing. Hope that changes soon. There is no real winner in this logocontest for me too.

I have hope. Yesterday the dev posted something asking about ways of co-ordinating the community to get things done. It wasn't specifically concerned with branding or PR, but after the past two weeks I doubt anyone hasn't realised how important it is to get this stuff right.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
gadgetnerd

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:15:04 PM

Before dev. makes a new announcement, lets think over  the possible reactions from our target market and write possible responses to those reactions.

Suggestion 3: Make a (short)list of possible comm. channels. Formulate what we want to tell about XC on each channel. Write  pressreleases /flashmessages

Maintaining a frank and current list of challenges is critical. That way, we're the first to say what isn't implemented yet, and why. This is how we build trust, through clarity and honesty.
This requires proper coordination between Dev(team) and comm.team and should (preferably) be done in a secure environment.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:19:10 PM

This requires proper coordination between Dev(team) and comm.team and should (preferably) be done in a secure environment.

Yeah, it's strategic so it'll need a fair bit of discussing, regularly. But in the name of being candid and honest I'm not that concerned about the secure environment. Hell, let anyone see what's discussed. We'll have little to nothing to hide.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
tr8kr

Activity: 661

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:20:49 PM

BETA Testing

How to run a xnode with the last wallet : http://xc-official.com/release/wallets/XCv0.9.1.35x11-coin-1.0.zip

You must run the xnode wallet on another computer in this way you are safe to test it.

Launch your wallet without the X11Coin.conf in appdata/Roaming/X11Coin/ and run "run-xc-xnode-mainnet.bat"
You will get a message with your password in it dont close it for now, create a new file in appdata/Roaming/X11Coin/ and rename it "X11Coin.conf",now put the password in it and that :

reservebalance=100
rpcuser=bitcoinrpc

After syncing is completed transfert 15xc from your main wallet to your fresh xnode wallet ,encrypted it, then restarted it and unlocked it.

BUMP
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:21:31 PM

i can imagine they already have someone for the marketing and want to start with new logo. teka?
FoldingTime

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:23:27 PM

BETA Testing

reservebalance=100
rpcuser=bitcoinrpc

BUMP
Can this be run on Linux? If so I've a VPS to run one on.
gadgetnerd

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:30:51 PM

Yeah, it's strategic so it'll need a fair bit of discussing, regularly. But in the name of being candid and honest I'm not that concerned about the secure environment. Hell, let anyone see what's discussed. We'll have little to nothing to hide.
We should definitely be honest and candid about the product. I just fear that open discussions about strategic comm. lead to nothing concrete.

atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:33:55 PM

I have hope. Yesterday the dev posted something asking about ways of co-ordinating the community to get things done. It wasn't specifically concerned with branding or PR, but after the past two weeks I doubt anyone hasn't realised how important it is to get this stuff right.

There is a professional group involved w/the branding, I should have more details later this afternoon

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:34:20 PM

We should definitely be honest and candid about the product. I just fear that open discussions about strategic comm. lead to nothing concrete.

Yeah, definitely. I mean closed for efficiency, but if they're publically viewable it wouldn't be an issue.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:34:38 PM

Anyone know when voting for the new logo ends?

The vote will close at 6PM (GMT) tomorrow.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

There is a professional group involved w/the branding, I should have more details later this afternoon

Great news! Keen to hear more.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
danonthehill

Activity: 710

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:35:35 PM

I have messaged Xavier Chambers through google, we'll see if he responds, he is on Jamaican time.
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: