Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:36:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:13:38 PM

I think we will get a vertcoin wave coming over pretty soon, get in while it's cheap loyal holders! Don't let them have cheap coins Wink

Many people are not familiar with Vertcoin Stealth Address (First in the world), maybe you're one of them  Wink

At the moment, we’re working on stealth addresses in Vertcoin. Those of you have been around a while may remember, in the early days of VTC, there was some discussion over zerocoin implementation, and we made clear that anonymous/untraceable payments were not the direction we wanted to go with VTC – we are of the opinion that mainstream adoption won’t come from these features, and that they will actually damage the currencies that go down that route. The fact is, people don’t care about anonymity – if they did, they wouldn’t use social media etc.

However, we do believe in transactional privacy akin to what you expect from your legacy payment/banking systems, such that it’s not trivially easy for anyone to see your entire financial history.

Stealth addresses strike a good balance – all the transactions are still on the blockchain to be seen, but the link between an address and an individual is obfuscated. One thing that not many people seem to consider when talking about anonymity systems in cryptocurrencies is that true anonymous payments make all the blockchain tools you’re used to useless.

Stealth addresses increase privacy for a recipient by allowing you to publish a stealth address, which is like a seed which the sender then uses to generate a unique one-use Vertcoin address for the transaction. All the transactions remain public on the blockchain, but knowing the entire transactional history of your stealth address is now no-longer possible except for you, the holder of the secret key.

My resources about stealth addresses so far:
   Audio: http://coin.cubeconnex.com/poollist/media/Vertcoin_SX_VO.mp3
   Text, Pictures and Audio: http://coin.cubeconnex.com/poollist/ click on Stealth Address
    http://sx.dyne.org/stealth.html
    https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/index.php/DarkWallet/Stealth
    https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/images/e/e5/RHhNKL6.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zmeddy

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:15:28 PM

I don't know if you guys are watching the markets right now, but the trading action is exciting. There are multiple attempts by whales to bring down the price (to buy in cheaper) but due to the buy support their attempts fail.

I think that is either a false observation or those whales are not very smart. To try and hold down the price shortly after a great news release is just like fighting the elements. Probably it could be attributed to miners who postponed selling their XC until better times, meaning now : )
FoldingTime

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:17:49 PM

Outside investors will take a few days to digest the news, want to buy, convert into BTC and convert into XC. It may be a sustained daily increase over the next few weeks.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:17:59 PM

I think we will get a vertcoin wave coming over pretty soon, get in while it's cheap loyal holders! Don't let them have cheap coins Wink

Many people are not familiar with Vertcoin Stealth Address (First in the world), maybe you're one of them  Wink

At the moment, we’re working on stealth addresses in Vertcoin. Those of you have been around a while may remember, in the early days of VTC, there was some discussion over zerocoin implementation, and we made clear that anonymous/untraceable payments were not the direction we wanted to go with VTC – we are of the opinion that mainstream adoption won’t come from these features, and that they will actually damage the currencies that go down that route. The fact is, people don’t care about anonymity – if they did, they wouldn’t use social media etc.

However, we do believe in transactional privacy akin to what you expect from your legacy payment/banking systems, such that it’s not trivially easy for anyone to see your entire financial history.

Stealth addresses strike a good balance – all the transactions are still on the blockchain to be seen, but the link between an address and an individual is obfuscated. One thing that not many people seem to consider when talking about anonymity systems in cryptocurrencies is that true anonymous payments make all the blockchain tools you’re used to useless.

Stealth addresses increase privacy for a recipient by allowing you to publish a stealth address, which is like a seed which the sender then uses to generate a unique one-use Vertcoin address for the transaction. All the transactions remain public on the blockchain, but knowing the entire transactional history of your stealth address is now no-longer possible except for you, the holder of the secret key.

Text, Pictures and Audio: http://coin.cubeconnex.com/poollist/ click on Stealth Address

Yeah, stealth addresses are pretty cool. They're a very practical feature.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
FoldingTime

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:19:27 PM

I don't know if you guys are watching the markets right now, but the trading action is exciting. There are multiple attempts by whales to bring down the price (to buy in cheaper) but due to the buy support their attempts fail.

I think that is either a false observation or those whales are not very smart. To try and hold down the price shortly after a great news release is just like fighting the elements. Probably it could be attributed to miners who postponed selling their XC until better times, meaning now : )
It is just day traders making a quick profit or someone getting out when their profit target is met.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:19:49 PM

Outside investors will take a few days to digest the news, want to buy, convert into BTC and convert into XC. It may be a sustained daily increase over the next few weeks.

Yes it'll take a few days for the news to filter through to print media, etc. and a even longer before opinion pieces and feature articles start appearing. But they're coming.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:22:11 PM

there are some GREAT profit opportunities in the market right now. If I held tens of housands of XC, I would definitely use some hundreds to make a decent profit these couple of days and rebuy XC, problem is you really dont know how fast XC is going to get pumped. Once traders and tweeterers notice that XC is getting all the volume they are gonna jump. There are a lot of people who got burned at the old FUD days, if some of them understand what XC has gone through to enjoy these bright days, they might jump up as well.

But the greatest news have yet to be noted:

1)Team is preparing interviews with media for Dan(?)
2)Team is talking in order to promote XC with the help of the NFL players? Did I understand correctly? I didn't just read that they bought XC, I think I read in here somewhere that they will actually get involved with the Team? Is this true?

AND PRWEB PROMO STARTED ONLY 3 HOURS AGO AND ITS GONNA LAST A WEEK TILL REV2 RELEASE LIKE WTH!!!

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
conradjohnson

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:22:34 PM

Yes it'll take a few days for the news to filter through to print media, etc. and a even longer before opinion pieces and feature articles start appearing. But they're coming.

Might not have the impact 'State Side' in US... as it's a holiday week, but this will be a VERY nice anchor for Rev2 release when everyone returns to work and are surfing the internet.  I think any later than today and the impact would have been lost, but you might be right in that people are going to take some time to get their money to market.

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:23:18 PM

i'm all confused! stealth mode, darksend, supersend, halosupersend, verisend... which one is p2p, centralize or what kind of technology are they? any better then superduper xc stealth mode?

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:25:22 PM

Great to see.
But i do think the download page this articles links to can use some work

Done.

(For now, that is. The website is, as you probably know, getting a complete revamp very soon.)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:30:09 PM

i'm all confused! stealth mode, darksend, supersend, halosupersend, verisend... which one is p2p, centralize or what kind of technology are they? any better then superduper xc stealth mode?

Stealth mode is not anonymous. It's a mild but practical kind of privacy.

A few currencies have P2P anonymity. A few encrypt their broadcasting. A few even have TOR. Lots have insecure or risky forwarding by nodes (the general term for which is a "supernode").

Only XC has multipath. And XC has a layered, modularised architecture that allows us to add features as we wish. XC is a platform; it's a powerful design approach; very good for staying ahead of the pack

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:32:22 PM

first peer-2-peer(p2p) truthless coin. yay! im in.  Grin so vericoin, supercoin and darkcoin still not p2p, yet?

No, they are P2P, but the release does not give this as grounds for XC being the industry leader. The reason given for its position is a combination of:

(a) having successfully resolved technical challenges: avoiding blockchain bloat, avoiding semi-centralisation, being designed as a platform, and not encountering forking issues

(b) achieving the highest working level of anonymity due to its layered approach to privacy - TOR, end-to-end encrypted communication, fully decentralised xnodes, and multipath.

i want to slap myself to divert my part investment to VTC just 2 days ago.

i personally attached too much emotion to VTC.

to be honest. VTC stands out in crypto alt. but XC is doing something untouched in crypto world.
pratico

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:33:29 PM

A few currencies have P2P anonymity. A few encrypt their broadcasting. A few even have TOR. Lots have insecure or risky forwarding by nodes (the general term for which is a "supernode").

Only XC has multipath. And XC has a layered, modularised architecture that allows us to add features as we wish. XC is a platform; it's a powerful design approach; very good for staying ahead of the pack

This is really why some form of audit needs to be done... to combat all the confusion, and show why XC offers the most complete & advanced anonymous solution with REV2 and subsequent revision updates.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:35:09 PM

my understanding is they are servers, handled by devs.

to this point. drk is actually leader in decentralization compared to other ***send.  i am not fuding at XC.

XC adopts a greater approach and differentiate himself with others.

CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:35:50 PM

In the investment world, it's called Due Diligence.   This is the XC thread, of course we are going to say that XC is the best....  Even if we tell you, you shouldn't just believe it blindly.   If you want to invest in other coins, then you will have to do your own research. Tongue

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:38:36 PM

This is really why some form of audit needs to be done... to combat all the confusion, and show why XC offers the most complete & advanced anonymous solution with REV2 and subsequent revision updates.

I couldn't agree more. I wish there were several independent firms doing audits of anon coins. The confusion gives the P&D scams room to breathe and obscures the quality projects.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:41:53 PM

And we're up to over 41k headline impressions!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:45:52 PM

This is happening now. As I thought Smiley
heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:46:43 PM

Is it wise to market heavily a product that has not been released and proven to work? I have no doubts that the technology is legitimate, but what if it comes out and has some bugs that need patching etc. seen it happen to other coins, as some bugs don't show until adopted by many users over many systems.

Just wondering what the rational was to go into hyper-marketing mode now instead of waiting 5 more days and understanding that everything works. Now I just have to hold my breath and hope we don't face tidal fud again.
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:47:21 PM

there are some GREAT profit opportunities in the market right now. If I held tens of housands of XC, I would definitely use some hundreds to make a decent profit these couple of days and rebuy XC, problem is you really dont know how fast XC is going to get pumped. Once traders and tweeterers notice that XC is getting all the volume they are gonna jump. There are a lot of people who got burned at the old FUD days, if some of them understand what XC has gone through to enjoy these bright days, they might jump up as well.

But the greatest news have yet to be noted:

1)Team is preparing interviews with media for Dan(?)
2)Team is talking in order to promote XC with the help of the NFL players? Did I understand correctly? I didn't just read that they bought XC, I think I read in here somewhere that they will actually get involved with the Team? Is this true?

AND PRWEB PROMO STARTED ONLY 3 HOURS AGO AND ITS GONNA LAST A WEEK TILL REV2 RELEASE LIKE WTH!!!

Synechist any comment on this? I think I read it from one of your replies!

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
Pages: « 1 ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: