Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:08:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 [792] 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ThisTimeYes

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:38:44 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 02:17:45 PM by ThisTimeYes

Ok, so I have downloaded the new XC program and have transferred the X11 wallet.dat file into the new app folder(XC).  It is showing the transactions from the prior program but my balance is not there...  Where should I be looking for that?  When the prior wallet(x11) stopped synching it was showing the coins as 'staking.'  What should I do know and where should I look for the coins?  

Thanks

When you transfer an old wallet.dat to a new wallet, it still has your transaction history bookmarked, hence why you see that and not your balance.  Once the blockchain download catches up to where in line you got your coins, they will show up.  Pretty much you just have to let the blockchain download and then your coins will show up or at least in my experience that is how I comprehend it.

Ok.  That's what I was thinking too but so far the new XC wallet program is all synched up but coins are not appearing in my balance...  Does it have anything to do with the 'staking' function?  I'm all synched up looking at the transaction history that is correct and looking at a zero balance...  

Any all all help is appreciated, thank you.  

I am not familiar with mac wallet, but if you backed up ur wallet.dat correctly before doing all that, dont worry just keep it safe.

XC wallet has been revamped from X11 to XC, that meaning that the app folder(which I repeat I do not know how it is named or where it is in mac), must be deleted because it will no loger work. Your new wallet creates a new XC folder, in which you have to re-past ur wallet.dat and .conf file. In the dowloaded wallet there should be a .conf provided by atsecure. Once the blockhain syncs again, ur coins will be there, staking or not. If you are running into problems, I think the -repairwallet function was really helpful for a lot of people here, just search it in this topic(upper right corner)

Ok. I did back up my wallet.dat correctly as far as I know.  I went into 'file' and 'backup wallet' in the previous wallet and created multiple backups stored in different places but why when I put my backed up wallet into the new 'XC' wallet program is it not recognizing my coins?  Does it have anything to do that they were 'staking' when the prior "X11" stop synching?  In regard to that, can I use the previous "x11" wallet and synch with the prior wallet somehow?  In that particular wallet my coins are shown in there but as I have said they are shown as 'staking.'  

I can try the -repairwallet function but really don't know exactly what to do with it...  

thanks for your input

edit:  I am also not showing a .conf file in my download once I unzip the download file all that comes up is the new wallet program.  
edit2:  I ran the 'repairwallet' command in the old "X11" wallet and got this back >>
"wallet check passed" : true

EDIT3:  OK.  SEEMS LIKE I HAVE SOLVED THE ISSUE.  RAN THE 'REPAIRWALLET' COMMAND WITHIN THE NEW 'XC' WALLET AND IT RECOGNIZED THE MISMATCHED COINS.  THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP FORUM!!! 
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:41:50 PM

any good news from dev? because volume is very low and price is very stupidly cheap..

Price is being heavily manipulated, everytime we reach above 175k someone dumps us back to around 160k. Sit tight and hold on to your coins. XC is the best coin out there, it has delivered everything other coins claim to have or "will implement' in shoddy whitepapers or by using shill accounts hyping them.

XC at the moment is severly undervalued and whales keep suppressing the price. Don't get tricked into selling. I am sure behind the scenes there is a massive PR campaign being set up for XC, together with sponsorships and other things that are still top secret but that will be huge.

Stand fast

+1.  Totally agree with you.  I've been buying in little chunks for a week straight now (anywhere from 10-50 at a time).  I sell other positions as I build my XC empire (not really but it sounded good).
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:53:07 PM

any good news from dev? because volume is very low and price is very stupidly cheap..

Price is being heavily manipulated, everytime we reach above 175k someone dumps us back to around 160k. Sit tight and hold on to your coins. XC is the best coin out there, it has delivered everything other coins claim to have or "will implement' in shoddy whitepapers or by using shill accounts hyping them.

XC at the moment is severly undervalued and whales keep suppressing the price. Don't get tricked into selling. I am sure behind the scenes there is a massive PR campaign being set up for XC, together with sponsorships and other things that are still top secret but that will be huge.

Stand fast

+1.  Totally agree with you.  I've been buying in little chunks for a week straight now (anywhere from 10-50 at a time).  I sell other positions as I build my XC empire (not really but it sounded good).

Exactly, these prices allow us to accumulate, I've been picking up blocks of 30 - 40 XC at a time below 160k so I am also expanding my empire Smiley These blocks are sold so cheap by people who need to free up BTC for jumping on clonecoin hypetrains only to get burned. I know this because I was once like this, and I still see it happening around me, but I guess we all need to learn the hard way. At the moment there are only three coins I feel are safe to invest in / to hold and not be phased by either price spikes or pricedrops, those are BTC, LTC and XC. And I am not even accumulating BTC and LTC anymore.
mikesrevenge

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:56:17 PM

Exactly, these prices allow us to accumulate, I've been picking up blocks of 30 - 40 XC at a time below 160k so I am also expanding my empire Smiley These blocks are sold so cheap by people who need to free up BTC for jumping on clonecoin hypetrains only to get burned. I know this because I was once like this, and I still see it happening around me, but I guess we all need to learn the hard way. At the moment there are only three coins I feel are safe to invest in / to hold and not be phased by either price spikes or pricedrops, those are BTC, LTC and XC. And I am not even accumulating BTC and LTC anymore.

Soon as some of the shit I bought into pumps its going right into XC > Cold Storage

If it ever does Smiley
ThisTimeYes

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:57:19 PM

My coins under stake have automatically turned to '0'? Any idea?

I am on version 1.39

try 'repairwallet' in the console.

it worked thanks so much, i had to ran that repairwallet twice. Also, i have few unconfirmed transactions like your have that "?" under the transactions tab, should they be confirmed automatically? These transactions are from "Staking"

Thanks again.

no those are orphaned "staked" blocks

Got it thanks, I will wait on the how to for dumping private keys.

what do u want to do with now that its recovered?!  Grin
just delete the full wallet! if u still monitor XC price changes u will end up having a heart attack! delete the full wallet and save ur life!  Grin

That didn't work mate!!!! I already tried that, the command repair wallet worked.

ummm you deleted your wallet.dat?

Nope, not the wallet.dat

Alrighty.  Looks like I am having the same difficulty as this fellow.  Keep in mind I am running the Mac wallet??  I'm not all that tech savvy and am having a difficult time finding the console tab within my wallet.  Do I just type repair wallet on the command line when I find it?  

Thanks anyone who can help me figure this out...
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:00:45 PM

please send vault of satoshi an email and request they add XC - they jsut de-listed a bunch of shit coins - so now is our chance - for those wondering... Vault of satoshi is one of the bigger exchanges located in canada

thank you

hello@vaultofsatoshi.com

bumping this so people can see  - even if you are not Canadian you should email VoS and demand XC be added so that there is more liquidity and also so that the name XC is shown to more eyes.

battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:05:26 PM

please send vault of satoshi an email and request they add XC - they jsut de-listed a bunch of shit coins - so now is our chance - for those wondering... Vault of satoshi is one of the bigger exchanges located in canada

thank you

hello@vaultofsatoshi.com

bumping this so people can see  - even if you are not Canadian you should email VoS and demand XC be added so that there is more liquidity and also so that the name XC is shown to more eyes.

Email sent.
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:07:08 PM

My coins under stake have automatically turned to '0'? Any idea?

I am on version 1.39

try 'repairwallet' in the console.

it worked thanks so much, i had to ran that repairwallet twice. Also, i have few unconfirmed transactions like your have that "?" under the transactions tab, should they be confirmed automatically? These transactions are from "Staking"

Thanks again.

no those are orphaned "staked" blocks

Got it thanks, I will wait on the how to for dumping private keys.

what do u want to do with now that its recovered?!  Grin
just delete the full wallet! if u still monitor XC price changes u will end up having a heart attack! delete the full wallet and save ur life!  Grin

That didn't work mate!!!! I already tried that, the command repair wallet worked.

ummm you deleted your wallet.dat?

Nope, not the wallet.dat

Alrighty.  Looks like I am having the same difficulty as this fellow.  Keep in mind I am running the Mac wallet??  I'm not all that tech savvy and am having a difficult time finding the console tab within my wallet.  Do I just type repair wallet on the command line when I find it?  

Thanks anyone who can help me figure this out...

I think you should send a PM to Teka or DAN as Teka is a MAC User and for sure can assist you with that. Dan is the DEV

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
bitcad4u

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:12:48 PM

thank you

hello@vaultofsatoshi.com

bumping this so people can see  - even if you are not Canadian you should email VoS and demand XC be added so that there is more liquidity and also so that the name XC is shown to more eyes.

Email sent.

thank you
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:16:03 PM

thank you

hello@vaultofsatoshi.com

Email sent.

thank you

I just sent one as well. (not Canadian  Smiley)
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:22:46 PM

I started out the same way.  Jumping coin to coin trying to ride the pump train, but I was always too late.  Any time you see one of those P&D in excess of 100% value increase it's already to late.  You almost have to be able to access markets 24 hours a day to be successful at it, and I just can't do that.  I'd rather stick my funds into coins that will have bright futures (potentially), and XC just seems like a sure thing....if people would just practice patience.  

I agree with you about there only being three coins that are safe investments.  XC, BTC, and my third is different then yours  Smiley.
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:34:52 PM

Sorry guys, i dropped the price a bit.. went all-in a while back... need to pay some bills now Tongue

Plenty left to keep growing though

edit; holy shit, that corrected straight away

just w8 for vrc to get unlocked, i think people will buy lots of XC in mintpal and sent them straight to bittrex and wallets.

why should anybody buy from mintpal and send to bittrex? don't understand that. or do you mean for arbitraging?
Mintpal was succesfully attacked in VRC wallet a few days ago, and VRC were compromised. People feeling really insecure, and VRC is a weird place to be in right now. They had locked VRC wallets, so my guess is, people gonna sell lots of mintpal VRC, and invest in other coins. XC has been top10 mintpal volume for 2 months now, so there is no reason why one wouldn't invest in XC, other than he plays short coins and got alt info, thus making short profits.

The moment REV2 finalises expect to see some real fireworks. We anticipated the fireworks a week ago, but rev2 was split into RCs Sad

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
rockstahh

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:43:18 PM

Sorry guys, i dropped the price a bit.. went all-in a while back... need to pay some bills now Tongue

just w8 for vrc to get unlocked, i think people will buy lots of XC in mintpal and sent them straight to bittrex and wallets.

why should anybody buy from mintpal and send to bittrex? don't understand that. or do you mean for arbitraging?
Mintpal was succesfully attacked in VRC wallet a few days ago, and VRC were compromised. People feeling really insecure, and VRC is a weird place to be in right now. They had locked VRC wallets, so my guess is, people gonna sell lots of mintpal VRC, and invest in other coins. XC has been top10 mintpal volume for 2 months now, so there is no reason why one wouldn't invest in XC, other than he plays short coins and got alt info, thus making short profits.

The moment REV2 finalises expect to see some real fireworks. We anticipated the fireworks a week ago, but rev2 was split into RCs Sad

whats "RCs" ?

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
Reese212

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:48:17 PM

whats "RCs" ?

RC = release candidate. it's a stable Version of an application. RC is a common term in Software development.

Dear Lord, please grant me the ability...
rockstahh

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:05:58 PM

whats "RCs" ?

RC = release candidate. it's a stable Version of an application. RC is a common term in Software development.

Thanks

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
EtherCoin

Activity: 338

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:16:31 PM

@policymaker

I don't think there will be a significant dump on VRC, if any. The community is well incentivated cos of the devs efforts, fast response and numerous "coin first" feats of VeriCoin.

Not FUDing at all, in my portfolio my 2 favorite and biggest bags are XC and VRC, so not a fanboi, just an investor opinion. Both are IMO the best alts in town.

VRC will get out of this one stronger than ever, wait and see, if there are any dumps there are investors more than happy to get them cheap.

Hope XC kicks up fast too, has been in the 16-18 world for quite a lot and itches to hold long Smiley

At least we should see some spikes for adrenaline Smiley

Eth.
policymaker

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:21:20 PM

@policymaker

I don't think there will be a significant dump on VRC, if any. The community is well incentivated cos of the devs efforts, fast response and numerous "coin first" feats of VeriCoin.

Not FUDing at all, in my portfolio my 2 favorite and biggest bags are XC and VRC, so not a fanboi, just an investor opinion. Both are IMO the best alts in town.

VRC will get out of this one stronger than ever, wait and see, if there are any dumps there are investors more than happy to get them cheap.

Hope XC kicks up fast too, has been in the 16-18 world for quite a lot and itches to hold long Smiley

Eth.

Just my short term estimations for VRC, nothing more. Im just guessing that some investors going long might want to diversify their portofolio because of doubts. Hacked mintpal was handled pretty well, undoubtedly, but it still created uncertainty.

I think XC has already had its fair share of FUD, so its even more ahaid of any competition in that case as well. To me just its just a matter of getting the tech ready for bulletproof test, in one coherent app/wallet.
I think the community itself will even donate to promote that very instant, not to mention team has its own plans anyway.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
EtherCoin

Activity: 338

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:36:04 PM

@policymaker

Eth.

Just my short term estimations for VRC, nothing more. Im just guessing that some investors going long might want to diversify their portofolio because of doubts. Hacked mintpal was handled pretty well, undoubtedly, but it still created uncertainty.

I think XC has already had its fair share of FUD, so its even more ahaid of any competition in that case as well. To me just its just a matter of getting the tech ready for bulletproof test, in one coherent app/wallet.
I think the community itself will even donate to promote that very instant, not to mention team has its own plans anway.

I agree with your reasoning, just wanted to share a bit of insight on VRC since I am quite active and keep a close eye on the community.

The point of VRC is that the coin have done amazing stuff for its short life and the devs are very active and in constant communication with the community, that combined with the quality of the coin itself keeps the morale high no doubt. This combined with the media explosion of this happening (please remember that 2,000,000 USD has been stolen, quite a number for the cryptoworld) its going to, again IMO, bring not only new investors that will eat all the possible dumps but raise the value of the coin.

Also loving XC! It's an amazingly promising coin, hopefully the PR campaign put it in its own place.
BTW is there any TimeLine for PR events/actions that we can follow?

I'm also hoping that, even though i think there will not be noticeable dumps, the VRC droppers will invest in XC. One great coin into another.

Cheers,

Eth.
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:07:15 PM

Quote from: BTCwriter link=topic=630clubmsg7837048#msg7837048 date=1405339548
I would like to invite the XC community to checkout Stealthcoin  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.0
www.twitter.com/StealthCoin

We are not interested in a 'promise to be anonimous'-scam-coin

XC is already having everything your coin has

Let's not call anyone a scam coin. If you're not interest just say thanks or no interest.
Abrupto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:14:03 PM

We are the only alt that has team members working full time, that is just crazy dedication right there. How many of the team are now full time?

I check the forum from time to time and continue to see people talking price. Although we are only two months in, xcurrency is no longer for traders. I know people will continue to trade but imo xc has a long term future and I prefer to see long, slow growth. Bitcoin didn't explode over night, it took years to get where it is and so should xc.

I don't even care if we see delays or things not going as planned. Having someone working full time will ensure us that we will get to where we need to be. Boys, work slow, work carefully, spend time with your families, take time for yourselves, meditate, take bubble baths, whatever it takes. No one wins first place for rushing in order to please nervous holders or traders.

As long as the communication with the community stays in tact we will continue to have something very special here.

That's all! Happy Monday everyone.
Pages: « 1 ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 [792] 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: