Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:57:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483631 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:46:18 PM

I'd still rather see him focus on making private transfers work for everyone first as it's a core feature of XC before further reviewing other coin's code. But my bias is obvious being that it doesn't work for me. Dan and I are going to do some testing later this afternoon so hopefully we narrow down why it's not working the way it should.

I think he learned from keycoin and will execute it a little differently. also not all devs are as shady as keycoin and don't give credit.
Perhaps finally people will realise that its a wise idea to buy the coin of the dev everybody is running to for validation.
Arlyn should look over it since its a public statement and he really knows how to find a middle ground of objective review and still showing superiority of the own project without sounding arrogant.

I'm not talking about previous execution with keycoin, I'm talking about making our coin work 100% before peer-reviewing other coins. If there is available time to help others, great, but it shouldn't come at the expense of neglecting existing bugs with our own coin.

There should be some things that are up to the dev to decide, don t you think? Let s not become too demanding, neither concerning Dan nor the market situation.

Considering on multiple occasions of previous testing attempts with Dan he has had to delay or push back our testing period because he didn't have the time, I would say if he has the time available to test someone else's code, he should have the time to test with me to resolve an issue that affects 100% functionality of the coin he, himself, is developing.

How do you know he is going to review their code before he helps you this afternoon?

You are coming across as extremely needy, IMO.  You are the only one that seems to have this problem.  I think Dan is being very gracious by spending some one on one time with you to try and figure it out.  I would find it surprising if Dan would give priority to another coin over his own project.

In my eyes, since you are the only one who can reproduce the bug, it is a relatively low priority.  Instead of complaining, you should be commending.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sfc

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:49:43 PM

I'd still rather see him focus on making private transfers work for everyone first as it's a core feature of XC before further reviewing other coin's code. But my bias is obvious being that it doesn't work for me. Dan and I are going to do some testing later this afternoon so hopefully we narrow down why it's not working the way it should.

I think he learned from keycoin and will execute it a little differently. also not all devs are as shady as keycoin and don't give credit.
Perhaps finally people will realise that its a wise idea to buy the coin of the dev everybody is running to for validation.
Arlyn should look over it since its a public statement and he really knows how to find a middle ground of objective review and still showing superiority of the own project without sounding arrogant.

I'm not talking about previous execution with keycoin, I'm talking about making our coin work 100% before peer-reviewing other coins. If there is available time to help others, great, but it shouldn't come at the expense of neglecting existing bugs with our own coin.

There should be some things that are up to the dev to decide, don t you think? Let s not become too demanding, neither concerning Dan nor the market situation.

Considering on multiple occasions of previous testing attempts with Dan he has had to delay or push back our testing period because he didn't have the time, I would say if he has the time available to test someone else's code, he should have the time to test with me to resolve an issue that affects 100% functionality of the coin he, himself, is developing.

I see your point, but i think the team has earned enough trust so that we can be more than confident that they will find the right way and balance. Sometimes it s a thin line between a justifiable demand and the screaming of a spoiled brat.  
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:02:34 PM

i would also like to make a small donation of 50 XC coins to help in any way that may be need it ( i would like to donate more but that is all i can afford at the moment ) please let me know what to to. also keep in mind that i am going to work in a few minutes so i hope you let me know before i leave home, if not will do it later tonight. Cheesy Wink Wink

Hey, thank you legoman!

You're welcome to donate to:

The XC PR Fund: XULwYMBDXEfkQAmD8N9Hb95kGkCnKrRSQx

The XC DeFUD Fund: XN77DGRr2ZhEeojQkft9eJXJMq4HxoJTCD

I'm not trying to make waves but I remember the word was that the money needed for a proper advertising and marketing campaign was coming from the pre-mine. Or, maybe that's to advertise and market rev 3?

At the moment the pre-mine is paying all our devs. And there are several.

Every little bit helps.

Wow! I'm sure it does. I remember you writing that you had a significant amount of pre-mine set aside for PR and marketing. It's new news to me if that is not the case. I don't know if you will be able to raise enough funding through donations alone to launch a proper advertising campaign. (As highlighted on the latest road map). I am trusting that you have a plan and know what your doing. ;-)

Basically, Dan has so far funded a lot of things out of his own pocket like Xcaht development. We want to prevent converting the xc into fiat as much as possible.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:02:47 PM

How do you know he is going to review their code before he helps you this afternoon?

You are coming across as extremely needy, IMO.  You are the only one that seems to have this problem.  I think Dan is being very gracious by spending some one on one time with you to try and figure it out.  I would find it surprising if Dan would give priority to another coin over his own project.

In my eyes, since you are the only one who can reproduce the bug, it is a relatively low priority.  Instead of complaining, you should be commending.  

I didn't say he was going to prioritize someone else's code over fixing the problem with me. I just said I'd rather see it happen that any sort of additional peer reviews be done after the coin works 100%. Simple as that. The sole reason I invested in XC was for the private transfers and so far I don't have that. I like the fact that the team is going the platform route and not focusing 100% on just private transfers, but still, the initial investment was for that particular feature. Needy or not, it's an advertised feature that lacks 100% functionality and voicing my concern to have it fixed shouldn't be ostracized. I'm not saying it has to be fixed this weekend, but I'd like to think that this afternoon's testing session will finally yield some sort of result to resolve this. I'm continually shocked at how the community seeming turns on another investor who has a broken feature that is advertised as working. Working for 99% is not 100% last I checked. I may be the only one, who knows. I'm at least speaking up and voicing my concern because everyone keeps saying private transfers work and from my eyes, they do not. You should be happy when it works for everyone. XC currently has such a small footprint, what happens when more people start trying it out and run into the same issue I am having. Are you really going to say it's low priority then?
tazmania

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:04:56 PM

I found the large holder keeping the price suppressed. Unhappy they can't get the support needed to fix a problem not many are having. They are making sure no one else benefits from the coin till their issue is resolved.

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:09:09 PM

I found the large holder keeping the price suppressed. Unhappy they can't get the support needed to fix a problem not many are having. They are making sure no one else benefits from the coin till their issue is resolved.

Pft, I haven't sold a single coin since I've accumulated my position, although I have moved 20k of my coins to MP in the event I need to hedge my exposure. You probably should play detective elsewhere.
laredo7mm

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:13:45 PM

... what happens when more people start trying it out and run into the same issue I am having. Are you really going to say it's low priority then?

No, that is why I explicitly made the point that you are the only one.  At the company I work for, the reported bugs escalate as more hits are gained.  It is the only way to effectively develop software.

If more people were to complain about the same issue you are having, it is only logical that the priority would increase.
rockstahh

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:17:59 PM

... what happens when more people start trying it out and run into the same issue I am having. Are you really going to say it's low priority then?

No, that is why I explicitly made the point that you are the only one.  At the company I work for, the reported bugs escalate as more hits are gained.  It is the only way to effectively develop software.

If more people were to complain about the same issue you are having, it is only logical that the priority would increase.

wtf are you people talking about? Huh

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:18:47 PM

No, that is why I explicitly made the point that you are the only one.  At the company I work for, the reported bugs escalate as more hits are gained.  It is the only way to effectively develop software.

...or I'm the only one that has openly posted about it.

...or I'm one of the people that actually tried private transfers instead of taking everyone's word that it works.

Regardless, it should be fixed. Perhaps it's an easy fix, in which case, great, it shouldn't take long at all. So far, Dan has been stumped what is going on so take it for what it's worth. Testing bugs should be considered a good thing in crypto as it leads to a solid end-product.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 04:19:39 PM

You are coming across as extremely needy, IMO.  You are the only one that seems to have this problem.  I think Dan is being very gracious by spending some one on one time with you to try and figure it out.  I would find it surprising if Dan would give priority to another coin over his own project.

In my eyes, since you are the only one who can reproduce the bug, it is a relatively low priority.  Instead of complaining, you should be commending. 

Oblox we've chatted about this issue before.

Your issue is related to Privacy Mode. This is a Rev 2 issue.

At the moment we're dealing with XChat. After this, we move onto the final Rev 2 release.

So Dan is being gracious in working with you to fix an issue that is not only isolated but also not at the top of XC's task list.

Please drop this. It's been discussed before.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:23:23 PM

You are coming across as extremely needy, IMO.  You are the only one that seems to have this problem.  I think Dan is being very gracious by spending some one on one time with you to try and figure it out.  I would find it surprising if Dan would give priority to another coin over his own project.

In my eyes, since you are the only one who can reproduce the bug, it is a relatively low priority.  Instead of complaining, you should be commending. 

Oblox we've chatted about this issue before.

Your issue is related to Privacy Mode. This is a Rev 2 issue.

At the moment we're dealing with XChat. After this, we move onto the final Rev 2 release.

So Dan is being gracious in working with you to fix an issue that is not only isolated but also not at the top of XC's task list.

Please drop this. It's been discussed before.

And that would have been fine but now there is another code review happening. How the hell does that relate to XChat? That's my point. If the sole focus is XChat, then XChat it is, but if you have time to take on another issue/product, then you have time to look into the issue I am having.
laredo7mm

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:23:46 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 04:33:51 PM by laredo7mm

No, that is why I explicitly made the point that you are the only one.  At the company I work for, the reported bugs escalate as more hits are gained.  It is the only way to effectively develop software.

...or I'm the only one that has openly posted about it.

...or I'm one of the people that actually tried private transfers instead of taking everyone's word that it works.

Regardless, it should be fixed. Perhaps it's an easy fix, in which case, great, it shouldn't take long at all. So far, Dan has been stumped what is going on so take it for what it's worth.

I don't think anyone here is saying that it shouldn't be fixed.  I'm not saying that.  

Obviously Dan is aware of it and has set a time for you and him to trouble shoot the issue.

The point is, you keep harping about it, and going on about how you disagree about what your perception of what Dan's priorities are.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 04:24:48 PM

And that would have been fine but now there is another code review happening. How the hell does that relate to XChat? That's my point. If the sole focus is XChat, then XChat it is, but if you have time to take on another issue/product, then you have time to look into the issue I am having.

You don't get to decide Dan's priority list.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
laredo7mm

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:25:19 PM

+1000
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:26:00 PM

Yes, pretty much all the crypto news sites are being contacted.

Basically the crypto world is finally realising that XC is not some marginal and shady project.

We've all known this for months - and for this our investments will be the most profitable - but it takes this long for the word to leak out.

What every bagholder needs to do is market the living daylights out of XC.

Most people in this community have gone all in, and so it's essential that we get new people involved.

If you can't put the price up by buying, put it up by raising awareness of XC's awesome tech!

This is very true, making people aware of the coin is crucial to its adoption.. i did not know about it till i saw synechist post in my thread about the pros and cons of anon coins... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718489.msg8117485#msg8117485

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:26:55 PM

Not saying I should have to. The priorities should be obvious.
PowderMonkey

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:27:09 PM

Yes, pretty much all the crypto news sites are being contacted.

Basically the crypto world is finally realising that XC is not some marginal and shady project.

We've all known this for months - and for this our investments will be the most profitable - but it takes this long for the word to leak out.

What every bagholder needs to do is market the living daylights out of XC.

Most people in this community have gone all in, and so it's essential that we get new people involved.

If you can't put the price up by buying, put it up by raising awareness of XC's awesome tech!

This is very true, making people aware of the coin is crucial to its adoption.. i did not know about it till i saw synechist post in my thread about the pros and cons of anon coins... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718489.msg8117485#msg8117485

Hello sir! Welcome to our thread.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 04:28:27 PM

Updated XC TOR Stick .iso! Tireless devs indeed.

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/xc-torstick/XCurrency_livecd_X86_v2.47h.iso

Twitter: https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/497780264400322561

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XCurrency?fref=nf

Spread the word folks!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 04:29:22 PM

Not saying I should have to. The priorities should be obvious.

What's obvious is the number of people here who don't consider your view obvious.

IMO code reviews are marketing gold for XC. And I'm the PR person, so my view counts in this respect.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
PowderMonkey

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:33:27 PM

I think we should move on from this, gentlemen.  It sounds like oblox and Dan will be able to take a look at things this afternoon, and until then there's not much discussion to be had.  No sense in rehashing this over and over until there's something to discuss.

Pages: « 1 ... 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: