Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:37:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will people feel comfortable using BTC ?  (Read 12178 times)
DOLONCHAPA

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:52:00 AM

It depends on various subjects I think personally . Because a long time already passed but it not safe for invest in every time. However, Once can give your answer such a way, when the big supermarkets accept some form of btc for their goods. On the other hand there is a problem about wallet, when there is a solution for a wallet that easy to use/maintain and hard to steal from. I think people then feel comfort with Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:27:25 PM

If you see the history of bitcoin there are many times that bitcoin is deeply down and then after a couple of months is going big pump. This time the bitcoin is too much down so its good to invest more and wait again to the moon. About the comfortability bitcoin is a little bit slow in transaction but very useful in many ways like in trading.

thevlox

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:32:30 PM

People are bitcoin to use comportable feel when their price increases or decreases bitcoin like them. If we want to buy now, then bitcoin's price is high and we do not like it anymore.
MRY

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 02:38:48 PM

in my opinion, people will feel comfortable with bitcoin when bitcoin can be accepted in all places and easy to use and the price of bitcoin also continues to rise so that it will continue to get profit

_jshsnts

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:02:58 PM

when people getting benefit such as good profit and if big companies introduces this as a way of transactions people can be attracted using BTC.
Kanda Yu

Activity: 315
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:13:02 PM

When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

I don't really spend much of my Bitcoin , because I am always in fear.
I am not talking about cashing out , but for digital goods.

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

I don't know how to make a poll here , so :- http://strawpoll.me/1793917
This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.
It would take a long time before that happens for sure knowing that bitcoin was already restricted for some country since they saw it as a threat to their economy and the government. We should keep on supporting it and spread the news about bitcoin so that they may know what are the advantages of using bitcoin then afterwards, they will be comfortable about the use of it.
blockchain09

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:17:53 PM

Believe me bitcoin will be popular by people when it comes to the right time. The possibilities of cryptocurrencies are very potential for users, we just need to have faith in them.
artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:21:39 PM

I think the moment when bitcoin prices is stable and all nation allow bitcoin payment method, everyone will start to comfortable to use bitcoin and maybe will widely used for all nation.
KrisAlex18

Activity: 742
Merit: 160

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:28:17 PM

When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

I don't really spend much of my Bitcoin , because I am always in fear.
I am not talking about cashing out , but for digital goods.

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

I don't know how to make a poll here , so :- http://strawpoll.me/1793917
This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.
I think the time is near for that to happen knowing that the influence of bitcoin is rapidly spreading all over the world. Amidst being banned by some countries, there are still a lot more countries that accepts and tolerate the use of it and as their economy gets better with the help of bitcoin, other countries will be convince to legalize and disseminate the use of bitcoin.
lolehiM92

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:04:08 PM

Do you feel comfortable when investing in bitcoin? I think we will be more comfortable when we have the support of so many lawyers so we will be free and prefer to invest in the bitcoin or atlcoin market.
abhi777

Activity: 457

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:50:59 PM

Because of the long confirmation time and transaction fee of BTC I doubt if it will gain that adoption of using it as payment, BTC itself is rather a store of value and other alts that complement BTC can be used for payment.

Indeed, in past few weeks many bitcoin user complaining about long confirmation transaction. Its take more than 7 hours my transaction complete. I am believe bitcoin will be store of value and long term investment rather than currency. I am more comfort using bitcoin if bitcoin regulated by government

The delayed transactions of using bitcoin Is one of the major problem and I believed the development team of bitcoin already worked for It to fix as much as possible. To make those costumer well satisfied to use bitcoin for online transaction in blockchain.
in my opinion, if the person has been able to master and have gained a lot of profits, and also has become a legitimate currency that can be used everywhere.
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:00:35 PM

Bitcoin will be in the comfort zone only at the point when the volatility of it will.become history. An stable coin is a predictable one, so it offers financial comfort.
kenlyresuello08

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:39:09 PM

I believe the answer to your question would be when the big supermarkets accept some form of btc for their goods.
Hahaha I agree when you use btc like a fiat.
Separate_Bass

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:51:02 PM

I think this really depends on the big corporations. I mean big companies in every sector. As we all well know, they are the drivers or major influencers of society. Many of us, sorry to say, are merely sheep following the trendy stuff. So, I envisage that if large grocery stores, electronics retailers and the like begin to accept Bitcoin, things will change definitely. So, those are the signs we should be looking out for. Acceptance and then adoption are key. But that lack of government control will be a major setback.
SB16

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:46:54 PM

bitcoin is a digital currency... crypto currency is always risky because bitcoin price always up and dwon. I think people will be comfortable using BTC if the Price  of it is stable but I don't  think it will happen  because crypto are really different from Fiat that's why not all people will use it or will be comfortable to use it.
jorgelugra

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:38:33 PM

I think that this will happen but not exactly now, you need to wait a bit, it is necessary to take into account that the government doesn't approve btc still, we will be able to use btc i think not sooner than the next year.
Evan_Doyle

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:03:31 PM

Because of the long confirmation time and transaction fee of BTC I doubt if it will gain that adoption of using it as payment, BTC itself is rather a store of value and other alts that complement BTC can be used for payment.

Indeed, in past few weeks many bitcoin user complaining about long confirmation transaction. Its take more than 7 hours my transaction complete. I am believe bitcoin will be store of value and long term investment rather than currency. I am more comfort using bitcoin if bitcoin regulated by government

The delayed transactions of using bitcoin Is one of the major problem and I believed the development team of bitcoin already worked for It to fix as much as possible. To make those costumer well satisfied to use bitcoin for online transaction in blockchain.

Until this is fixed properly, people won't be interested in using bitcoin for daily transactions or other needs. They'll only see it as a hedge against inflation and useless currencies, not as a currency. Unless, of course, fiat crashes and becomes useless overnight.

This can't happen because there's too much vested interest in fiat so it will continue to hold value. Bitcoin is a direct competitor with the most valuable system of exchange. Governments will be issuing e-currencies much further in advance to bitcoin being widely used as a payment system.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:29:21 PM

People get affected mostly by the society, all the shops and services around us started accepting Bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency then people are going to feel comfortable using Bitcoin. That is a simple human nature, when they see others using service or a product then they are much more comfortable using it for themselves. Many company and services use this physiological theory for their business by giving advertisement and then try to sell stuff.
ufalo3

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:36:05 AM

Well people feel comfortable when Bitcoin become mode of payments in every establishments around the world. When its function is like fiat money.

Probably, we will have to wait for these cool changes for several years more. Most of the people are very conservative, and they feel comfortable using the traditional money.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:41:51 AM

People get affected mostly by the society, all the shops and services around us started accepting Bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency then people are going to feel comfortable using Bitcoin. That is a simple human nature, when they see others using service or a product then they are much more comfortable using it for themselves. Many company and services use this physiological theory for their business by giving advertisement and then try to sell stuff.
Some people are even getting paid doing stealth marketing. Stealth marketing is basically showing off or using your company's products around people. It's like you're marketing it to them without their knowledge that you're marketing it to them. It's basically a low-level hyping of products. There's advertisements on TV, there's Ads on PC, but people only start using something when they see someone use it in front of them and see how easy their lives have become after they started using the product. One good movie about it is The Joneses (2009). They are a family of steath marketers and they had to increase the sales of their company by making people think they are in need of their products.

For your first point, that once merchants start accepting bitcoins, people are going to be comfortable then using bitcoins, I really think it's quite hard to achieve. For merchants to start accepting bitcoins, there should be a demand first for it because otherwise it will be useless for the merchant and it will not increase their sales or attract new customers. That would mean that for merchants to start accepting bitcoins, people should already be using it; people are already comfortable in using bitcoins. It's a vice versa thing. Perhaps there should be enough population (not necessarily everyone) that are comfortable in using bitcoins so the merchants will start accepting it and the rest of the population (non bitcoin users; people that aren't comfortable using bitcoins yet) will just follow through.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: