Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:10:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will people feel comfortable using BTC ?  (Read 12183 times)
Jake Virus

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:10:44 AM

When Bitcoin will make a big step into market, as more market will accept bitcoin as sooner It will be accepted by the world. But It wont replace FIAT any time soon, at least for another 20-30 years. There is no way everyone will be using bitcoins till FIAT exists and It's virtual currency so probably only people from 18 to 65 will feel comfortable to use It and older people just can't switch we need new generation for this.

Well there are already many crypto users who are comfortable with the use of bitcoin but not all. Bitcoin couldn’t please everyone, that’s the reality. There would still be some who wouldn’t engage themselves  into digital currency.

marginal

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:57:36 PM

If only this system will not break in this year, I think that till the end of the next one we will be already comfortable using our Bitcoin in daily life, shopping in the stores and whatever else paying with Bitcoin.
Cobrak777

Activity: 224
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:43:58 PM

I think people will be comfortable using BTC if the Price  of it is stable but I don't  think it will happen  because crypto are really different from Fiat that's why not all people will use it or will be comfortable to use it.
Nanacoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:04:23 PM

People are already comfortable with bitcoin, the same way it is with fiat. However, their modes of operations are slightly different, bitcoin is a decentralized, censorship-resistant technology and a digital currency, and not like the centralized fiat.
nabinkhadka

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:29:09 PM

It depends on use , For what purpose you want to use bitcoin and be comfortable. For me if i was to use bitcoin as payment method i would not be comfortable but to use it as store of value i would be comfortable.
chidiarua

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:52:13 PM

I still have to do with acceptance. Crypto is still very much in its early stage. There is still more adoption to be done and this depends on how much information about people get about the blockchain technology. We will soon get there; when people will have confidence in crypto.
Elai101

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 10:11:41 PM

I still have to do with acceptance. Crypto is still very much in its early stage. There is still more adoption to be done and this depends on how much information about people get about the blockchain technology. We will soon get there; when people will have confidence in crypto.
I guess, In my own understanding, I will feel comfortable using BTC if all stores or markets accepts bitcoin as payment. It will become very comfortable if our Government legalized bitcoin and they can now control scammers who keep on spreading negative thoughts about bitcoin.
FurDich

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:01:10 PM

When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

I don't really spend much of my Bitcoin , because I am always in fear.
I am not talking about cashing out , but for digital goods.

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

I don't know how to make a poll here , so :- http://strawpoll.me/1793917
This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.
When the bitcoin price will be constantly stable I guess people will be more comfortable using bitcoin and when the government decide to legalize bitcoin just like natural money .
maminelly

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:14:25 PM

there is a solution for a wallet that easy to maintain and hard to steal from now can not recommend any of my friends to use bitcoin,showing them how to secure a wallet and use them properly is a mission impossible for non technical users.they can't be trusted to look after a bitcoin wallet then they shouldn't be trusted to do online banking blockchain info wallet is fairly simple and easy to use and is very safe as long as you set up all the security features....
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:21:46 PM

When will people spend BTC as easily as fiat , not seeing it as an investment opportunity but a better currency for them to use ? Most of my friends that I have currently told about Bitcoin are most intrigued by its rapid rate of growth and not its outstanding features as a currency. They don't really care that it is free from government control , but are more focused on the fact that it has risen xy%

How do you spend 10 mBTC on a 5$ digital good when you believe that the same 10mBTC is worth atleast 15$ , probably more.
How much of your Bitcoin have you hoarded , and how much have you really spent ?
I am under the impression that people tend to hoard more with BTC than with fiat , considering it an investment more than a currency

This is not referring to your blockchain.info statistic , which includes money you have moved around. I am looking at money you have truly spent vs total amount of BTC you have received.

Overall , I'm trying to look at how much my guess is true by the poll and your estimates of when majority of people will start looking at BTC as a currency.

EDIT : I'm not sure this is the right section , tell me if this should go in General Discussion or so.
When the bitcoin price will be constantly stable I guess people will be more comfortable using bitcoin and when the government decide to legalize bitcoin just like natural money .

If the price of bitcoin will be stable then i think it will lose its popularity and value as the main success of bitcoin is based on its price fluctuations, as 90% of the bitcoin users wanted high returns from bitcoin so stable price wont give much impact on bitcoin. I accept that if government legalize bitcoin then surely it can be used as fiat currency way as more merchants will come forward and accept bitcoin as payment option which will give users to access bitcoin to use just like fiat currency usage.

Roksodhon

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:36:10 AM

One of the reasons why there is still much in doubt even fear investing in bitcoin is because of the government has not legalized bitcoin and lots of bad news about the bitcoin so that investors feel less safe to invest.
kien0211

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:10:32 AM

for me,i guess I peoples feels comfort using bitcoin if government regulate bitcoin. Regulation from government are important because untill now, government think bitcoin using for illegal activity. If government issuing regulation, peoples will trust bitcoin and it turns common money in life.
FrankWagner631

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:16:32 AM

When they are comfortable using BTC is when they have a lot of BTC in their wallet. It was then that the price of BTC was very high. At the present time, the value of the MOF is on the rise, they have a great chance to develop in the last months of 2018. I think that at that time, those who own many BTC at present will Get a lot of money for selling that bitcoin.
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:28:43 AM

In my opinion, People will be comfortable using Bitcoin as a currency if their Country legalizes Bitcoin as a legitimate transaction tool. I mean their Country will legalize Bitcoin as a currency to buy goods and their needs. So, if bitcoin is legalized then they will be comfortable to use it
WilliamAnderson235

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:27:16 AM

I think, no one can stop worrying about Bitcoin, they can not comfortably use it. By the time a few weeks ago, the value of Bitcoin had fallen sharply, plus things like the collapse of the Korean trading market made it hard for investors to make the decision for yourself.
Jingjess

Activity: 336

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:43:40 AM

I think people are more comportable in using bitcoin if all countries accept bitcoin as form of payments and if bitcoin will legalize worldwide.

doomloop

Activity: 2324
Merit: 582

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:06:23 AM

When Bitcoin is approved by the government, people will use it freely. No one wants their money to lose value. Bitcoin has not been properly invested to be able to become stable. Bitcoin has a lot of good features, but because of the security of information, it also has a lot of worries about criminal activity.
Of course safety matters a lot, now people are recognizing bitcoin and the power of bitcoin, it has more safety than all other investments, I think it is modern age where almost everyone is dreaming for development and now is the time when we should take step for well developed, life, there is no complication using bitcoin it is now acceptable buy almost everyone in the world.

Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:18:33 AM

People will become comfortable to cryptocurrency if they will know they real potential of it. They think that bitcoin is a hack because they didn't know or they didn't read any information about bitcoin. That's why they're afraid into it.
dublados

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:35:12 AM

It depends in the person who use or did not use bitcoin.

Bitcoin user is comfortable when it comes in this variety specifically in bitcoin. They think bitcoin is really effective or useful because it helps them through financial.

But non bitcoin they think this is dishonest scheme to gain money or phishing site.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:34:08 AM

the rampant hacking of bitcoin either in the personal wallet or in the market wallet account, of course, makes the bitcoin owners feel worried that the bitcoin they have is lost, maybe if bitcoin can guarantee security from hacking and theft maybe people will be very comfortable using bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: