Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:27:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Learn & Demand Your Privacy!
Learn Trustless Multisig Technology used in OpenBazaar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK85PCee3pU
Upgraded Trustless Wallet: http://www.mammothcoin.org/MammothCoin31.zip

Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAMM] MammothCoin | TRUSTLESS WALLET UPDATED! V.3.1 (Mandatory)  (Read 181597 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bigozh

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:02:00 PM

What's with Mammothcoin
Supports animal rights
First X13 with superblocks
First truly trustless anonymous technology (we will have this before any one else)
Faster than most of cryptos 1 st class speed

And MAMM has future plans to be widely used and accepted by merchants.

how do you support animal rights? you still have given no information on this at all.  its one thing to promise tech and not deliver but its another to act like you are a charitable coin and not be, EXPLAIN. Oh and cloakcoin just released the first trustless system 2 days ago, its even on wikipedia now as being first truly trustless coin... looks like they beat you to the punch.
bigozh

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:09:35 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 07:23:44 PM by bigozh

and i appreciate remi pledging to animal rights when the market cap reaches certain points but that still does not mean the dev has any plans to help in the future and has not said anything about what they are going to do except vague statements.  like what organazation does the dev plan to give to. does he have an address with mamm in it already.  is the organazation on board? there was a big dump of this coin a 7ksat so dev most likely has quite a few btc already.  who knows maybe he just has a pet dog he highly respects and calls that supporting animal rights.
Mammothcoin (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

KoinPro

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:32:43 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 07:46:00 AM by Mammothcoin

MammothCoin will be first one who has this technology (see below) before any other currency.

Source for more details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=618552.msg8297017#msg8297017

time to sit and think for those not like the technology we bring about!

remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:44:26 PM

MammothCoin will be first one who has this technology (see below) before any other currency.

time to sit and think for those not like the technology we bring about!

This is helpful thankyou. I'm thinking the best way to explain the difference here then will be through the escrow aspect. No other coin is treating it that way yet from my understanding. There are however other coins offering a mixing that occurs across a network of equal nodes.

Would you be willing to make a similar pledge to an animal rights group? That would very quickly dispel the criticism and there is little risk to your personal wealth at this point. I've only pledged my donations starting at basically a %5000 percent growth. If/when that happens, any of us interested in the long term prospect of this project should be more than happy to donate some of our new found value. This is how its worked for many coins. Seeing as there is no premine and anyone holding coins, including devs, obtained them on equal ground, its up to the community to make the charitable aspect work. Promises are good. We need lots of promises from many coin holders besides myself. Dev pledges are of course the most respected though. . .
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:45:43 PM

who is the guarantor
remistevens

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:47:29 PM

and i appreciate remi pledging to animal rights when the market cap reaches certain points but that still does not mean the dev has any plans to help in the future and has not said anything about what they are going to do except vague statements.  like what organazation does the dev plan to give to. does he have an address with mamm in it already.  is the organazation on board? there was a big dump of this coin a 7ksat so dev most likely has quite a few btc already.  who knows maybe he just has a pet dog he highly respects and calls that supporting animal rights.

Curious, is the big dump at 7k still visible somewhere? Can't see it on Bittrex. How much of a percentage of the total coin supply was the sale? Why do you expect the dev made the dump if they didn't have privileged access to mine coins? Couldn't it have been anyone who started mining early in a big way?
remistevens

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:51:56 PM

who is the guarantor

I haven't got one, part of the problem. The best I can do is be public and I'm easy to look up. If the price soars and I don't make my donation, I look like an ass and everyone knows who I am if they want....Would be better to have a guarantor though for sure.
bigozh

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:49:59 PM

Curious, is the big dump at 7k still visible somewhere? Can't see it on Bittrex. How much of a percentage of the total coin supply was the sale? Why do you expect the dev made the dump if they didn't have privileged access to mine coins? Couldn't it have been anyone who started mining early in a big way?
bittrex only goes back so far it seems. take a look here http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/mammothcoin/   not going to further speculate on if the dev was part of the first pumps to 7k then 5k but it would be naive to think they had nothing to do with the price manipulation
fastminer

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:56:07 PM

bittrex only goes back so far it seems. take a look here http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/mammothcoin/   not going to further speculate on if the dev was part of the first pumps to 7k then 5k but it would be naive to think they had nothing to do with the price manipulation

there was no manipulation. mamm reacted according to the way super coin rose as they were in the same boat. no price manipulation here. if super coin was still trading at 15k sats i would understand it, but both fell. super coin has reacted quite well after some news about phase 2 but we are still struggling
brookefinancial

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:19:58 PM

I was on the market this weekend when Mammoth rose to 960 satoshis. Supercoin released the Phase II Update and I decided to take a look at MammothCoin and the price was pretty decent. I actually had some good technical reason to buy in addition to the fact that they are testing the new system on Mammoth. So I told my Supercoin friends about it and bought some:

When we got in the price rose to 500 satoshis and beyond. Someone put a buy order around 600 satoshis and it stayed there for a while. This was a very casual trading activity for a dead coin like Mammoth getting good news.

However, at this point things got a little bit weird, or what I would call "unusual market activity". Someone with a very large purchasing power was willing to pay a lot of BTC for some MammothCoin and bought huge sell walls until 770 satoshis. This trader backed his trade with a huge buy order at 750 satoshis so the price wouldnt go down.

Now, I'm a trader, my job is to make winning trades. I saw that it was very easy to push to 960 satoshis and I brought this trader with me until he put a huge buy order at 840 satoshis. I sold my trade with profit at 940 & 750 and I saw that the huge buy order stayed there for a while at 750 satoshis until someone smart decided to sell him some MammothCoin.

This is the price activity and a few of my trades:

I don't know if the price activity brought someone with a lot of purchasing power in the market or if it was manipulated by someone with a lot of MAMM, but the price is now back to its true value at 450-600 satoshis where I first got in and MAMM found its true value.

3D Printing and Bitcoin, that's pretty cool.
finity

Activity: 381

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:33:14 PM

There weren't any weird volume numbers at the time, I mined from start and kept eye on bittrex everyday. The largest sum sold since start was 70k at once and i happened to buy all of that. It has just been following the supercoin price at about a third of their price nothig more nothing less.

This is just a nice price to get in before the actual tech is implemented, after that supercoin and mammothcoin actual value should be a lot higher. Keep in mind this could be treated as stock trading and it's obviously mostly based o speculation, meaning the bittrex price doesn't really reflect the real potential value of certain technologies.

End note, im happily sitting on my coins and gasthering more when i see opportunities.
fastminer

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:42:08 PM

I was on the market this weekend when Mammoth rose to 960 satoshis. Supercoin released the Phase II Update and I decided to take a look at MammothCoin and the price was pretty decent. I actually had some good technical reason to buy in addition to the fact that they are testing the new system on Mammoth. So I told my Supercoin friends about it and bought some:

When we got in the price rose to 500 satoshis and beyond. Someone put a buy order around 600 satoshis and it stayed there for a while. This was a very casual trading activity for a dead coin like Mammoth getting good news.

However, at this point things got a little bit weird, or what I would call "unusual market activity". Someone with a very large purchasing power was willing to pay a lot of BTC for some MammothCoin and bought huge sell walls until 770 satoshis. This trader backed his trade with a huge buy order at 750 satoshis so the price wouldnt go down.

Now, I'm a trader, my job is to make winning trades. I saw that it was very easy to push to 960 satoshis and I brought this trader with me until he put a huge buy order at 840 satoshis. I sold my trade with profit at 940 & 750 and I saw that the huge buy order stayed there for a while at 750 satoshis until someone smart decided to sell him some MammothCoin.

This is the price activity and a few of my trades:

I don't know if the price activity brought someone with a lot of purchasing power in the market or if it was manipulated by someone with a lot of MAMM, but the price is now back to its true value at 450-600 satoshis where I first got in and MAMM found its true value.

i still can't see it being manipulation as i was very active at the time super coin rose to 15k sats. people were hyping mamm as it was helping in phase 2 and considering mamm had fewer coins than super it should be higher plus say there was manipulation what benefit to dev. they have still been working hard and gonna deliver even at these low prices thats dedication. the low price of the coin is to do with its name
remistevens

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:50:58 PM

If the launch and initial mining were fair, the devs don't have a step up on anyone. I'd say the only 'evidence' of them trying to take advantage of their position would be a big buying effort right before a tech update. . . And even if they did do that, it would be evidence that they believe in what they're doing.
fastminer

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:00:04 PM

If the launch and initial mining were fair, the devs don't have a step up on anyone. I'd say the only 'evidence' of them trying to take advantage of their position would be a big buying effort right before a tech update. . . And even if they did do that, it would be evidence that they believe in what they're doing.

if i was dev and my tech is groundbreaking why wouldn't i take advantage and make some money. id buy 1btc and watch it fly. at the end of the day its because of dev we have the tech why would anyone have a problem with dev making money as long the tech is legit. would you have a problem?

brookefinancial

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:03:07 PM

Like I said, I'm only explaining what happened since I was on the ground during that moment.

fastminer

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:08:59 PM

Like I said, I'm only explaining what happened since I was on the ground during that moment.

i just think even if it was manipulated to say it was dev only is wrong it could be a whale investor, when buying a coin the tech must work thats the main thing. as far as it falling from 7k well super coin fell from 15k sats
brookefinancial

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:10:41 PM

i just think even if it was manipulated to say it was dev only is wrong it could be a whale investor, when buying a coin the tech must work thats the main thing. as far as it falling from 7k well super coin fell from 15k sats

yes exactly, it could be a whale investor too

remistevens

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:20:36 PM

if i was dev and my tech is groundbreaking why wouldn't i take advantage and make some money. id buy 1btc and watch it fly. at the end of the day its because of dev we have the tech why would anyone have a problem with dev making money as long the tech is legit. would you have a problem?

Definitely not. They'd be stupid not to, and they deserve the reward if they actually innovate.
fastminer

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:23:58 PM

Definitely not. They'd be stupid not to, and they deserve the reward if they actually innovate.

would you prefer a different name for the coin
remistevens

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:17:49 PM

would you prefer a different name for the coin

Yes, Mammoth really focuses it on species preservation. No doubt thats a good cause, but it doesn't really make sense with the coin's technicals. In my opinion 'Mammoth' coin would be something tied to a charity from inception. . . I think the name should be something that says Decentralized, Anonymous and Secure. . . How about DAS coin. or in German, 'the coin'? haha, yea maybe not.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: