Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:28:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Learn & Demand Your Privacy!
Learn Trustless Multisig Technology used in OpenBazaar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK85PCee3pU
Upgraded Trustless Wallet: http://www.mammothcoin.org/MammothCoin31.zip

Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAMM] MammothCoin | TRUSTLESS WALLET UPDATED! V.3.1 (Mandatory)  (Read 181597 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
finity

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:49:04 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 12:24:54 PM by finity

Thought I would share this http://iconicexpert.newsvine.com/_news/2014/09/06/25897631-cryptocurrency-exchange-guiding-principle for those of you that can read. Kidding of course...who reads anymore?

Don't mind the author, it's the ideas that make sense.

What did he say about POD's? Shocking revelation..

Finally something that makes sense. The protections and safeguards from the real stockmarket are not that bad. Allows you to make the same money, but be protected.

This would be a good way to get rid of people thinking they are gordon gecko
Mammothcoin (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

KoinPro

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:37:08 PM

we are working on the new site, some issues there but we will fix it soon and make a good surprise for you.

Best surprise would be release of the code. . .Help us to trust Mammoth Coin. We don't need to know who you are, but we need proof that your tech is legit.

If the code was out and scrutinized, I for one will help by going to other threads of "anon" coins and tell them to come here instead, I'll make more videos, I'll email publications, I will do everything I can....But its really hard to promote this when I can't be sure that its real. If its proven, I'm going to put hard work into it - I'm sure a lot of people watching this would.
@remistevens it's very legit & respected by authorities, it's best possible tech for anonymity currently we have in altcoin industry. It's something new.  It's used at OpenBaazar and many other trustless products. Our design little different than OpenBazaar as concepts but it works and deliver performance.

You can see it works, just try it. You can see every step actually happens and works.  The problem is when we release the codes many other copy cats will occur. We have already enough hype, they try to sell their very trust based systems as trustless. For users like you have no chance to see the job here done unless you are really a good tech person. That's why we need do videos, promotions and websites.

Mammothcoin (OP)

KoinPro

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:38:26 PM

I've put together some wallpapers too.  I'll have this on the site when i get done.

@Kuriso well done.

finity

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:55:08 PM

we are working on the new site, some issues there but we will fix it soon and make a good surprise for you.

Best surprise would be release of the code. . .Help us to trust Mammoth Coin. We don't need to know who you are, but we need proof that your tech is legit.

If the code was out and scrutinized, I for one will help by going to other threads of "anon" coins and tell them to come here instead, I'll make more videos, I'll email publications, I will do everything I can....But its really hard to promote this when I can't be sure that its real. If its proven, I'm going to put hard work into it - I'm sure a lot of people watching this would.
@remistevens it's very legit & respected by authorities, it's best possible tech for anonymity currently we have in altcoin industry. It's something new.  It's used at OpenBaazar and many other trustless products. Our design little different than OpenBazaar as concepts but it works and deliver performance.

You can see it works, just try it. You can see every step actually happens and works.  The problem is when we release the codes many other copy cats will occur. We have already enough hype, they try to sell their very trust based systems as trustless. For users like you have no chance to see the job here done unless you are really a good tech person. That's why we need do videos, promotions and websites.

Except for promo and new website, what is the next thing you're going to do?
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:05:33 PM

we need much promotion to get attention of big investors,
MAMM is awesome coin...
Vincent1688

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:32:59 PM

MAMM is awesome coin... Grin Grin Grin
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:57:12 PM

I'm in.. Smiley I think we will see nice rally next week..

remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:02:05 PM

@remistevens it's very legit & respected by authorities, it's best possible tech for anonymity currently we have in altcoin industry. It's something new.  It's used at OpenBaazar and many other trustless products. Our design little different than OpenBazaar as concepts but it works and deliver performance.

You can see it works, just try it. You can see every step actually happens and works.  The problem is when we release the codes many other copy cats will occur. We have already enough hype, they try to sell their very trust based systems as trustless. For users like you have no chance to see the job here done unless you are really a good tech person. That's why we need do videos, promotions and websites.

Thank you, your response is very much appreciated. I apologize if its simply my lack of technical knowledge, but I still don't understand.

Isn't it possible that someone could write a code that allows the wallets to visually depict something fake? A trick. For instance the "guarantor" was really just the usual transaction verifier and didn't actually hold any funds in escrow...or maybe a central node that is invisible to the standard wallet? I'm very skeptical of a new technology that no one is allowed to rip open and scrutinize. Couldn't this just be smoke and mirrors?

So my concerns are:
1) If the code isn't released how can we be sure of everything in it?

2) What happens if and when you die? The code is then lost completely forever? How can this currency have a future when its a guarantee one day it will not be possible to adjust/add to it?

remistevens

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:09:35 PM

Copycats are publicity, great publicity. It proves your tech is worth copying. It proves its worth.

Every coin out there with a good new tech - its the first one to do it that usually holds the highest value (unless something goes wrong). This is what keeps bitcoin way above all else. It isn't a superior code, it was the first.

Let devs everywhere copy you and spread the good word.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:58:21 PM

Copycats are publicity, great publicity. It proves your tech is worth copying. It proves its worth.

Every coin out there with a good new tech - its the first one to do it that usually holds the highest value (unless something goes wrong). This is what keeps bitcoin way above all else. It isn't a superior code, it was the first.

Let devs everywhere copy you and spread the good word.

True, BTC technology sucks and it's sloooooow and don't forget about the huge premine.
finity

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:21:06 AM

Dev, what's after when the website is finished and promotions started? Roadmap plz
Mammothcoin (OP)

KoinPro

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:11:52 PM

Thank you, your response is very much appreciated. I apologize if its simply my lack of technical knowledge, but I still don't understand.

Isn't it possible that someone could write a code that allows the wallets to visually depict something fake? A trick. For instance the "guarantor" was really just the usual transaction verifier and didn't actually hold any funds in escrow...or maybe a central node that is invisible to the standard wallet? I'm very skeptical of a new technology that no one is allowed to rip open and scrutinize. Couldn't this just be smoke and mirrors?

So my concerns are:

2) What happens if and when you die? The code is then lost completely forever? How can this currency have a future when its a guarantee one day it will not be possible to adjust/add to it?

1) You can read the whitepaper  here http://www.mammothcoin.org/SuperSend_Trustless.pdf and for example run after each anonymous send special command. "getlastanontxinfo" (in help console). Trustless systems is not unknown thing but it requires really competent people
to apply.

It lists all processes or whats happening during the transfer. It is trust-less system you do not need to trust us, dev team or somewhat any central guarantor or mixer. System also does not trust anyone. In other anonymous coins you must trust dev team.

Our system creates one multisig address out of nothing and you can find this  in getlastanontxinfo and confirm in block explorer. If anything not ok, transfer automatically rejects everyone gets its money back. You can see how system works in schemes in whitepaper.

2) when i am or all dev team die, but if people still uses mammothcoin wallets, they can keep using trustless system as long as there are alive nodes. I cant just shut it down it. I can close my own trusltess QT. If you mean this. But people will provide still some alive wallets. Because they make money. We give %1 or min 0.25 MAMM rewards randomly in the network for each mixer wallet plays role in the anonymous transfer.

So I have no control over mixers or guarantor wallets. This risk is currently exists in other anonymous solutions, actually they can do alot worse things with your anonymous transfers. You basically sending coins to dev team pocket and they may send it to other party or may not. They can keep master nodes (mixer wallets) open today but close tomorrow. Their master nodes may be hacked and they lose wallet coins like anyone can have.

Openbazaar video explains this very goodly.

Mammothcoin (OP)

KoinPro

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:17:29 PM

Dev, what's after when the website is finished and promotions started? Roadmap plz
Our website still under development. We look for currently a good promo partner, last one was not really good. We made last time twitter promos.

If you know anyone or any suggestion welcome.

finity

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:59:11 PM

Our website still under development. We look for currently a good promo partner, last one was not really good. We made last time twitter promos.

Yea i get that, i mean more like tech wise whats the next step?
remistevens

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:31:47 PM

So my concerns are:

1) You can read the whitepaper  here http://www.mammothcoin.org/SuperSend_Trustless.pdf and for example run after each anonymous send special command. "getlastanontxinfo" (in help console). Trustless systems is not unknown thing but it requires really competent people
to apply.

It lists all processes or whats happening during the transfer. It is trust-less system you do not need to trust us, dev team or somewhat any central guarantor or mixer. System also does not trust anyone. In other anonymous coins you must trust dev team.

Our system creates one multisig address out of nothing and you can find this  in getlastanontxinfo and confirm in block explorer. If anything not ok, transfer automatically rejects everyone gets its money back. You can see how system works in schemes in whitepaper.

2) when i am or all dev team die, but if people still uses mammothcoin wallets, they can keep using trustless system as long as there are alive nodes. I cant just shut it down it. I can close my own trusltess QT. If you mean this. But people will provide still some alive wallets. Because they make money. We give %1 or min 0.25 MAMM rewards randomly in the network for each mixer wallet plays role in the anonymous transfer.

So I have no control over mixers or guarantor wallets. This risk is currently exists in other anonymous solutions, actually they can do alot worse things with your anonymous transfers. You basically sending coins to dev team pocket and they may send it to other party or may not. They can keep master nodes (mixer wallets) open today but close tomorrow. Their master nodes may be hacked and they lose wallet coins like anyone can have.

Openbazaar video explains this very goodly.

Thanks so much, and please know that I'm not accusing you of trickery. I just want to know how we can know for sure that trickery is impossible in regards to your coin. When you rule something out, it helps people trust this system you've created.

1)The whitepaper and video excellently describe the theory behind the process, I understand it well, and the 'getlastanontxinfo' command certainly shows the processes in action. What I don't understand is IF the info listed by 'getlastanontxinfo' can be faked? If another team wanted to created a coin that looks like it does what your coin does, could they do that through trickery? Could they make a coin that lists processes that didn't actually happen?...Who knows maybe that would be even more difficult that writing an escrow that works, but is it possible? Again this is my lack of technical knowledge speaking.

2)I know we don't rely on you now and you can't change the system. I'm more concerned with unforeseen problems. Many coins have desperately needed a fork down the road because something happened in the system that made it unusable/unstable. If no one can provide a fork once you've died, unforeseen problems can't be repaired.

Thanks again!
remistevens

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:35:07 PM

Yea i get that, i mean more like tech wise whats the next step?

Not to borrow too much from SUPER, but I think their Rich list idea coming soon is pretty great. If you stake a lot of coins 100000+ I think, and get them the hell out of Bittrex, you can earn an extra %50 from POS....The more coins taken out of the market the better.
remistevens

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:39:55 PM

I also think an interest taking foundation could be smart. Such a small premine, the dev didn't have much bounty to work with and if he's bought, its coming out of pocket. A small randomly given interest into a wallet held by multiple users who poney up a fee to join the foundation - that sort of thing. Multiple passwords from all foundation members needed to release the collected bounty...It could also be synced to coin price. So while the price is still very low, more interest is generated, but as the price goes up, the foundation receives less coins per interest payment.

Just a thought, it'd be nice if we had some sort of foundation to support various needs.
finity

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:41:50 PM

I also think an interest taking foundation could be smart. Such a small premine, the dev didn't have much bounty to work with and if he's bought, its coming out of pocket. A small randomly given interest into a wallet held by multiple users who poney up a fee to join the foundation - that sort of thing. Multiple passwords from all foundation members needed to release the collected bounty...It could also be synced to coin price. So while the price is still very low, more interest is generated, but as the price goes up, the foundation receives less coins per interest payment.

Just a thought, it'd be nice if we had some sort of foundation to support various needs.

Like a MultiSig anonymous trustfund Tongue
finity

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:15:55 PM

It would be awesome if you could buy and sell Mammothcoin from within the wallet. Using the different API's exchanges provide.
finity

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:17:40 PM

It would be awesome if you could buy and sell Mammothcoin from within the wallet. Using the different API's exchanges provide.

Orrrr anonymous chat like IRC kinda thing in the wallet
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: