Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:00:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet.  (Read 82554 times)
foob6

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:16:41 AM

anyone can tell me the price now?thank u
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:20:09 PM

anyone can tell me the price now?thank u

LAST-0.00005062 BTC
BID-0.00004601 BTC
ASK-0.00006099 BTC
TIME-06/16/2014 08:18:40 AM
24HR HIGH-0.00007212 BTC
24HR LOW-0.00003675 BTC
BTC VOL-1.24069636 BTC
DCM VOL-25670.58850991 DCM

Not looking to good here!
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:35:52 PM

I think the only people selling below the IPO of 0.0001 BTC must be the ones who got their DCM for free. I bought many DCM at the IPO and no way I am going to sell these for time being. It is sad there are people here who are desperately trying to wreck DCM. Get a life.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:52:00 PM

Last Week Bobsurplus made a promiss to me. Here is the copy of the private message:

-----

I like you bro

« Sent to: Geenstijl on: June 10, 2014, 10:22:39 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

That's why I;m telling you this.. if there is no action on the coin by sunday then my friend and I will be dumping our coins for whatever we can get.. were giving the team some time to get shit right,.... but sunday is doomsday for dcm...

Just a heads up, you do what you want with this info.

Later.

-----

Now, we all know Bob is not really a man of his word... however, if he kept his promiss, this might explain the drop in price in the last few days. It also kind of corresponds to what happened recently on the richlist with one of the big coin-holder adresses (see below):

http://dcm.blockexplorer.cc/address/DRezhPaT1TmM14vSFPDt7VQQBrCB3YfyBq

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:54:08 PM

Last Week Bobsurplus made a promiss to me. Here is the copy of the private message:

-----

I like you bro

« Sent to: Geenstijl on: June 10, 2014, 10:22:39 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

That's why I;m telling you this.. if there is no action on the coin by sunday then my friend and I will be dumping our coins for whatever we can get.. were giving the team some time to get shit right,.... but sunday is doomsday for dcm...

Just a heads up, you do what you want with this info.

Later.

-----

Now, we all know Bob is not really a man of his word... however, if he kept his promiss, this might explain the drop in price in the last few days. It also kind of corresponds to what happened recently on the richlist with one of the big coin-holder adresses (see below):

http://dcm.blockexplorer.cc/address/DRezhPaT1TmM14vSFPDt7VQQBrCB3YfyBq

We have slowly been selling, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Wtv changes you see on the rich list are not us though. I can assure you of that!
Rnbin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:23:27 PM

I think the only people selling below the IPO of 0.0001 BTC must be the ones who got their DCM for free. I bought many DCM at the IPO and no way I am going to sell these for time being. It is sad there are people here who are desperately trying to wreck DCM. Get a life.

Ikr, don't understand why someone would take revenge on the investors when having personal issues with a developer
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:54:40 PM

Ikr, don't understand why someone would take revenge on the investors when having personal issues with a developer

So be it.  It's an opportunity to pick up cheap coins if you have BTC left.  It will recover.  The small core we have is pretty solid, and it will continue to grow.  We just have to be patient.  I don't think this coin will die (they have a lot of good ideas, and a very active dev team), but the core (us investors) needs to be solid.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:02:29 PM

+1
Rnbin

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:46:11 PM

So be it.  It's an opportunity to pick up cheap coins if you have BTC left.  It will recover.  The small core we have is pretty solid, and it will continue to grow.  We just have to be patient.  I don't think this coin will die (they have a lot of good ideas, and a very active dev team), but the core (us investors) needs to be solid.
Ofcourse, the average volume has been under 2 btc for the past 2 days, there wasn't even the slightest dump. I am not worried about his actions, supposing he has the brains to (eventually) see he's not getting any revenge doing the things he's talking about. The only thing i worry about, is the involvement of the team on the market. They made an enormous amount of money on 1 day, they could easily help the volume & price set to above IPO price. But i'm not critisizing, just hope to see some more action (like in other crypto's). I suppose most work done right now is behind the scene !
merk475

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:50:08 PM

Ofcourse, the average volume has been under 2 btc for the past 2 days, there wasn't even the slightest dump. I am not worried about his actions, supposing he has the brains to (eventually) see he's not getting any revenge doing the things he's talking about. The only thing i worry about, is the involvement of the team on the market. They made an enormous amount of money on 1 day, they could easily help the volume & price set to above IPO price. But i'm not critisizing, just hope to see some more action (like in other crypto's). I suppose most work done right now is behind the scene !

I totally understand what you're saying, but if the dev team steps in to artificially boost the price, how does that help the distribution of the coin in general?  I guess, I'd rather the coin suffer a little bit now to weed out the weak hands and to solidify the base.  Get more distribution and people actually willing to hold their investment, rather then trying to flip it for a quick profit, and I think this benefits the coin better then the devs buying it up.  It's tough times right now, but we do have an active and INVOLVED dev team.  
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:56:24 PM

Keep in mind that he said he was slowly dumping. 10K DCM at a time may have been like .5 btc. Bob must of course realize that 100K (or however many he and his friend has) would bring in a bigger return if the orders are spread out.

So he could be dumping slowly in increments, then waiting for the market to recover before repeating.

One odd thing I have noticed about the market is that outside of multipool buys (at least assume it was multipool), there barely has been any movement at all for rather long periods of time. Those who bought over ipo levels obviously don't want to sell at this price, so basically we are seeing small sales based on dumps + those who buy dumps, then resell for a profit at still below ipo prices.

Which brings me back to one of my initial concerns regarding DCM. The devs are working on a time scale that most crypto people probably aren't the most comfortable with. They have attention spans that last in days, not weeks or months. They should use some of that IPO money to add shortterm value to the coin, be that some buy support, mobile wallets, special coin features, more exchanges... something. Just showing screenshots of a marketplace that may be two months away isn't going to assure investors a whole lot (in my opinion). And that assumes investors even care about crypto marketplaces. I think they are important, but get the feeling that the majority of crypto people here care less about actually using a coin as a currency.
TheGift73

Activity: 525
Merit: 501

GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:37:32 PM

If you have problems syncing with the new client, please follow these instructions.

1) Stop your wallet and wait for 5 seconds (just to make sure that it closed completely)
2) Go to the data folder of your wallet (for Windows: %appdata%\dcom and for Linux: ~/.dCom )
2) Backup the file "wallet.dat" to a safe place. This is where your coins are saved and by losing this, you will lose your coins
3) If a file dCom.conf exists, rename it to dCom.conf.bak
4) Delete everything from that folder except wallet.dat and dCom.conf.bak (if it exists)
5) Create a new file named dCom.conf with the following text
Code:
rpcusername=[whateveryouwant]
rpcpassword=[mustbecomplexenough]
server=0
listen=0
irc=0
dns=0
connect=209.126.71.235

6) Make sure that the file is saved
7) Start your wallet

It should begin to sync with that specific node. As soon as it finishes syncing, do the following steps:
1) Stop wallet
2) Go again to the data folder of wallet
3) Rename dCom.conf to dCom.conf.resyncsafe
4) Rename dCom.con.bak to dCom.conf (if it exists)
5) Start your wallet

Hope that helps

Did all that and all the coins disappeared (had a backup, so not concerned). Then ran a repairwallet function in console, and coins came back and syncing + Staking nicely.

Cheers for the info.

██

███
                                         ████
                                         ████

▄▄▄▄█████████████████████▄                  ▄████████▀
    ▄█████████████████████████████▄              ▄████████▀
  ▄██████████████████████▀ ▀████████▄          ▄████████▀
 ██████████████████████▀     ▀████████▄      ▄████████▀
████████                       ▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
███████ █████████████████████    ▀████████████████▀
██████   ▀███████████████████      ▀████████████▀
██████▄    ▀█████████████████      ▄████████████▄
███████▄     ▀███████████████    ▄████████████████▄
 ████████▄            ███████  ▄█████████▀ ▀████████▄
  ███████████████████████████▄█████████▀     ▀████████▄
   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀         ▀████████▄
     ▀▀████████████████████████████▀             ▀████████▄

███████                       ███████     
     █████████                     █████████    
   ▒█████████████████████████████████████████░  
 ▒█████   █████████████████████████████   █████░
 ██████░ ▒██████████████████████████████▓███████
████   ░█    █████  ░███████  ░███    █████    ██
███████   ██████████████████████████████▓████████
███████   █████████████████████████████   ███████
██████████████    ▓███████████░   ░██████████████
█████████████       █████████       █████████████
█████████████      ░█████████       █████████████
██████████████▓  ░███       ███   ███████████████
███████████░  ░▓█▓             ▓█▓   ▓███████████
██████████▒                           ▓██████████
█████████░                             ░█████████
███████                                   ███████
 █████                                     █████
  ▀▀▀                                       ▀▀▀
TWITTERTELEGRAMREDDIT
  JOIN OUR COMMUNITY! 
FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
merk475

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:45:01 PM

Did all that and all the coins disappeared (had a backup, so not concerned). Then ran a repairwallet function in console, and coins came back and syncing + Staking nicely.

Cheers for the info.

If I have to run a repair wallet function in the consolue, what is the command line used?  I just want to make sure I have everything I need tonight, when I try and repair my wallet.  Thanks in advance.
AltcoinRambo

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:58:12 PM

Let Bob dump all he wants. Even if he has been lying (a real possibility) and owns 200K coins, he can dump the price down to 1/10th IPO and the devs (or anybody) else can buy 200K coins for 2BTC and have an investment with awesome upside potential. If that happens, it's Bob's loss. The dev team is well funded and I'm sure they will take action when the time is right.

I've re-read the statement the devs issues and they says "we will not let investors suffer catastrophic losses". This could be interpreted in a number of ways but I think the key word here is "investors", presumably this means long-term holders. So even if the price drops down really low, the devs have the funding to bring it back up really quickly when they decide to do so.

From their actions so far, my guess is that they can be trusted to do the right thing for the coin for the "long-term" holders. If day traders are selling at a loss, that is a different issue and from the statements issued by the devs it seems that protecting day traders is not their primary focus while protecting investors is (at least I hope so, I'm holding my DCM for the long run).
merk475

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:59:42 PM

DCM now #2 on Poloniex voting for next coin to be added.

Get your votes in.  https://poloniex.com/voting
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 08:05:11 PM

Multipool news

Please note the DCM Multipool (http://dcm.multipoolmining.com) has been moved to a new server which can hold much more blockchains, which will improve payouts over time.

This could not happen without getting a new IP. Your miner should auto-connect to new server within a few minutes.
If you miner seems disconnected, refresh your DNS or point manually to 62.210.139.65 instead of stratum.multipoolmining.com

The stratum on the old server has been disabled, no shares are lost or 'empty' shares could be made. If your miner is working you are connected to the correct server!

Thanks again for your hash and enjoy your mining!

Team multipoolmining.com

PS, you will no longer see the Cloudflare DDOS protected nag window. We have even beter DDOS protection now!

poornamelessme

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:05:46 PM

From their actions so far, my guess is that they can be trusted to do the right thing for the coin for the "long-term" holders. If day traders are selling at a loss, that is a different issue and from the statements issued by the devs it seems that protecting day traders is not their primary focus while protecting investors is (at least I hope so, I'm holding my DCM for the long run).

I do think the devs will protect folks from a catastrophic price drop. And probably whomever gets any dumped coins will benefit longterm.

The thing is, everyone has a different definition of 'catastrophic'. To those who bought in at 20-30K, they are already at catastrophic levels. I think the coin needs to stabilize around 8-12K to be considered somewhat safe from a downward spiral ... maybe it'll get there, but I hope the devs are keeping tabs on the price. If it levels out at 4K or so (outside of dumping), it may just slowly sink from there as investors panic.

-------

And nice about Polo... a lot of people have voted I see.
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 08:16:15 PM

Cheers for the info.

If I have to run a repair wallet function in the consolue, what is the command line used?  I just want to make sure I have everything I need tonight, when I try and repair my wallet.  Thanks in advance.
I'm betting that when you updated you had staked coins waiting to be completely confirmed, right?
Only then you need to repairwallet, because the wallet.db has marked them as being in "stake" mode, while the blockchain didn't have the PoS block generated.
So, with repairwallet, you instructed your wallet.db to recheck all transactions from the blockchain and update the records of each coin.

Hope it makes sense Smiley
Wallenstein

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:24:22 PM

I do think the devs will protect folks from a catastrophic price drop. And probably whomever gets any dumped coins will benefit longterm.

The thing is, everyone has a different definition of 'catastrophic'. To those who bought in at 20-30K, they are already at catastrophic levels. I think the coin needs to stabilize around 8-12K to be considered somewhat safe from a downward spiral ... maybe it'll get there, but I hope the devs are keeping tabs on the price. If it levels out at 4K or so (outside of dumping), it may just slowly sink from there as investors panic.

You are of course right, catastrophic means different things to different people. If someone bought at 30K, then there's very little we can do to help them right now. That is just the reality of the situation. If someone bought at the IPO and didn't sell any, then their faith in us is appreciated and we still plan/hope to be able to give them a substantial return down the line.

I can only speak for myself but I have given up on chasing pumps; for me (with my time constraints) it's a mission impossible. I do however believe that it's possible to add big value over the long run by executing on good plans. Look at Darkcoin for example; it was lingering for months at low levels with almost no volume and then shot up when they delivered. It's since come down again but it's still way up from what it was during those quiet months. I hope we can do the same with DCM.

We are keeping tabs on the price levels but I think the point AltcoinRambo made is a valid one. If the price goes down too low we'll step in and bring it back up but our focus is on long-term holders, not day traders, so we may let the price dip down to bad levels short term in order to make more efficient use of our buying power. Please also realize that we lost 22BTC with Bob's departure, so while we have funding it's not at the level we originally planned and we need to be smart about the way we use our money.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:39:33 PM

I can only speak for myself but I have given up on chasing pumps; for me (with my time constraints) it's a mission impossible. I do however believe that it's possible to add big value over the long run by executing on good plans. Look at Darkcoin for example; it was lingering for months at low levels with almost no volume and then shot up when they delivered. It's since come down again but it's still way up from what it was during those quiet months. I hope we can do the same with DCM.

We are keeping tabs on the price levels but I think the point AltcoinRambo made is a valid one. If the price goes down too low we'll step in and bring it back up but our focus is on long-term holders, not day traders, so we may let the price dip down to bad levels short term in order to make more efficient use of our buying power. Please also realize that we lost 22BTC with Bob's departure, so while we have funding it's not at the level we originally planned and we need to be smart about the way we use our money.

I have DRK, bought some when it was cheap, and was perfectly fine with the months of low volume. I actually sort of liked it, as the coin was relatively stable and those following the coin knew at some point it should go up.

The key to focus on is stability. People will hold for hope of a greater payoff, if the coin is somewhat stable in price. I didn't have to worry about checking the exchange and seeing DRK went down 80% that day... even when they had their dumping issue with stolen coins, people still gobbled them up.

So just don't pick a buy in point to step in at that is too low. Again, investors can be finicky... to be honest, I thought 5-6K would be around your support line (or around where it is now). The difference between DRK and DCM is those stable DRK months were still above most people's buy-in point, as DRK was once insanely cheap. Asking people to hold at a major loss needs the hope of a rather big payoff at the end... and people will only accept so much of a loss.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: