Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:59:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet.  (Read 82554 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:00:40 AM

DCM is currently disabled on Bittrex.  I was hoping to move some coins off the exchange and into my wallet

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DCM  Huh
Works fine!

The market works, but deposits/withdrawals seem to be disabled. I'll take a guess and figure it's simply due to this (listed under Bittrex news):

Wallet server maintenance

Maintenance in progress, some currencies will be offline.
Rnbin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:01:25 AM

Bob. You stole about 15k. you're a criminal. Who knows some day the law enforcement will find ya. The Internet never forgets. Everyone is traceable. You're a criminal and will be for the rest of your life. Hope that's worth 15k to you.

Enjoy the holiday.
as long as this shitty team doesn't take any steps in taking legal actions this won't happen. why is it exactly though ? are the team members criminals themselves ?

No, we are not criminals and I resent the implication and your slanderous tone.

If you truly believe that we are a shitty team, sell your DCM and move on. Nobody is forcing you to be here but at least have the decency not to insult us on a personal level.

We have been transparent and have gotten more done in 10 days than many other teams over the lifetime of their projects. However, there are a number of issues here at work which make filing criminal proceedings a difficult and risky proposition; therefore no action has been taken in this direction so far. We are in contact with a legal expert however to determine the feasibility of such action and to enable us to weigh the cost-benefit ratio of any legal proceedings. Realize though that the amount involved precludes us from using small-claims court which in turn means that legal action will be expensive and we don't want to burn another good portion of our IPO funds on legal action if it does not hold a high chance of success.
He stole 22 BTC right ? When it was about $650 making it a bit less than $15k. In Delaware, Georgia and Tennessee you could sue him with small claims court, but i'm no american so i don't know how it works when suing a foreign person for internet scam for >$1000, don't know if you get to choose between a desired state court (since the scam didn't take place in a specific state, assuming he's canadian right?).
Also keep in mind, most places in Canada have way higher limits for small claims court (even up to $25,000), perhaps you could manage to get a canadian team member to sue in Canada ? (and if you don't have one, get one that can represent your whole team overthere)
What also might be possible if you are suing in USA and you DON'T get to choose in what state you are going to court over this, is simply claiming less (many states have a limit of $10.000, or $7.500). Not ideal, but if all other options won't work (or will not be cost-efficient) you could suggest he can, for example, keep $5.000 for the 'work' he put into the coin, and only claim the remaining $10.000.

In any case, if you're not going to claim money, you should go to Justice of Peace. This man is harrassing you and (probably more important) your investors indirectly even harder. No lawyer required, not even any formal legal education from yourself is required, and costs would be low (about $100, perhaps a bit more since he's foreign). So not too much time loss, money loss, or other excuses. I'd strongly recommend you first handle this bobsurplus phenomenon, the internet is filled with quotes of him that you could easily print out and use against him. He was stupid enough not to use any censure several times. Try to claim, otherwise file a complaint, either way make this a priority. If you get a good lawyer, you could even get him to compensate the losses this coin led due to his fud and price manipulations.

Bobsurplus thinks what he's doing is okay since he's safe inside his house in front of his computer but this is truely criminal. And the fact that you guys don't make this a priority is just raising questions for me, and making me believe there's more going on. Let this explain my 'slanderous tone' (refering to your last reply to me). I might be wrong and in that case i sincerely apologise, but if you don't ever question things in live you get screwed over fast.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:09:15 AM

If you get a good lawyer, you could even get him to compensate the losses this coin led due to his fud and price manipulations.

Bobsurplus thinks what he's doing is okay since he's safe inside his house in front of his computer but this is truely criminal. And the fact that you guys don't make this a priority is just raising questions for me, and making me believe there's more going on. Let this explain my 'slanderous tone' (refering to your last reply to me). I might be wrong and in that case i sincerely apologise, but if you don't ever question things in live you get screwed over fast.

You know, I've wondered why legal action hasn't been taken more often in cryptoland. We get people outright lying, influencing price, running scams, spreading FUD/misinformation, all over the place, not just here. I guess a lot of it is due to not knowing the identity of the person causing the problem, their location, and legal costs. But I will assume the first two issues don't apply in this case. Legal costs, however, could be pricey... so that is one reason it may not make sense to sue. If it costs 10K to sue for a chance to get back 15K... yeah, I can see not even bothering. You need a cheap but good lawyer... *thinks of Saul for some reason*
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:59:46 AM

hi guys .. why we do not ask for help on the people, to vote? with gifts .. for example .. see it latium.cc Smiley

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:46:09 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 08:06:56 AM by joinfree

I lost my money .. and I do not know when it will come back .. even from the left ..  Sad

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
HKBvM

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:09:44 AM

I wonder why my wallet isnt staking. It is unlocked, I have mature coins (in wallet since 3 days) and the wallet says: "minting, expected reward in 1 secs" since 2 days now. Anyone can offer some help?
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 10:37:14 AM

I wonder why my wallet isnt staking. It is unlocked, I have mature coins (in wallet since 3 days) and the wallet says: "minting, expected reward in 1 secs" since 2 days now. Anyone can offer some help?

I have the same, at some point it will stake. (its random!) the calculation of the expected time is way off however.
The bigger the amount that is staking, the longer it takes as well.. If you leave wallet open for 1 year, you should get the exact stake % as promissed. On a daily basis it will be not very accurate.

merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:07:25 PM

DCM is currently disabled on Bittrex.  I was hoping to move some coins off the exchange and into my wallet

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DCM  Huh
Works fine!

The market works, but deposits/withdrawals seem to be disabled. I'll take a guess and figure it's simply due to this (listed under Bittrex news):

Wallet server maintenance

Maintenance in progress, some currencies will be offline.

Thank you kindly.  I missed that last night.  Read?  What's that?  I can't read........
merk475

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:08:16 PM

I have the same, at some point it will stake. (its random!) the calculation of the expected time is way off however.
The bigger the amount that is staking, the longer it takes as well.. If you leave wallet open for 1 year, you should get the exact stake % as promissed. On a daily basis it will be not very accurate.

Yeah it does seem to be totally random.  Some days I get coins......then sometimes its like 2-3 days between receiving stakes.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:21:12 PM

Bob. You stole about 15k. you're a criminal. Who knows some day the law enforcement will find ya. The Internet never forgets. Everyone is traceable. You're a criminal and will be for the rest of your life. Hope that's worth 15k to you.

Enjoy the holiday.
as long as this shitty team doesn't take any steps in taking legal actions this won't happen. why is it exactly though ? are the team members criminals themselves ?

No, we are not criminals and I resent the implication and your slanderous tone.

If you truly believe that we are a shitty team, sell your DCM and move on. Nobody is forcing you to be here but at least have the decency not to insult us on a personal level.

We have been transparent and have gotten more done in 10 days than many other teams over the lifetime of their projects. However, there are a number of issues here at work which make filing criminal proceedings a difficult and risky proposition; therefore no action has been taken in this direction so far. We are in contact with a legal expert however to determine the feasibility of such action and to enable us to weigh the cost-benefit ratio of any legal proceedings. Realize though that the amount involved precludes us from using small-claims court which in turn means that legal action will be expensive and we don't want to burn another good portion of our IPO funds on legal action if it does not hold a high chance of success.
He stole 22 BTC right ? When it was about $650 making it a bit less than $15k. In Delaware, Georgia and Tennessee you could sue him with small claims court, but i'm no american so i don't know how it works when suing a foreign person for internet scam for >$1000, don't know if you get to choose between a desired state court (since the scam didn't take place in a specific state, assuming he's canadian right?).
Also keep in mind, most places in Canada have way higher limits for small claims court (even up to $25,000), perhaps you could manage to get a canadian team member to sue in Canada ? (and if you don't have one, get one that can represent your whole team overthere)
What also might be possible if you are suing in USA and you DON'T get to choose in what state you are going to court over this, is simply claiming less (many states have a limit of $10.000, or $7.500). Not ideal, but if all other options won't work (or will not be cost-efficient) you could suggest he can, for example, keep $5.000 for the 'work' he put into the coin, and only claim the remaining $10.000.

In any case, if you're not going to claim money, you should go to Justice of Peace. This man is harrassing you and (probably more important) your investors indirectly even harder. No lawyer required, not even any formal legal education from yourself is required, and costs would be low (about $100, perhaps a bit more since he's foreign). So not too much time loss, money loss, or other excuses. I'd strongly recommend you first handle this bobsurplus phenomenon, the internet is filled with quotes of him that you could easily print out and use against him. He was stupid enough not to use any censure several times. Try to claim, otherwise file a complaint, either way make this a priority. If you get a good lawyer, you could even get him to compensate the losses this coin led due to his fud and price manipulations.

One of the unmentioned issues might be the desire of the principals to stay anonymous. If they go the legal route, maybe they run the risk of having their names go public.

My, how the tone of the correspondence has changed here since I visited during the IPO. This coin business is pretty rough these days on many fronts (and not just this coin). Success has many fathers and failure is an orphan.
axsdf

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:37:56 PM

Will the IPO stay on a single public address?
merk475

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:37:30 PM

Wallet Roadmap Released

We've been busy behind the scenes planning our future wallet upgrades. Please see below what we have planned:

• Anon Functionality: After much research and discussion with technical experts we have identified and selected an anonymity design which we believe is suitable both for security and everyday use as an optional enhancement to our wallet (ie: it will still be possible to use the currently existing, non-anon, transactions). It is our understanding that our chosen design will provide a level of anonymity which will be more difficult to compromise than other existing anon-implementations. Further details will be released as the implementation of said technology matures.
  • Fiat conversion capability: Future versions of the wallet will add a dynamic fiat conversion system to the wallet for some of the major currencies in use (USD, EUR, etc). Such a system will make it possible for casual users to execute transactions like “I want to pay for a USD 499.99 TV" in DCM without having to resort to a calculator, making the use of our coins more practical in everyday life. The exchange rates used will be dynamically retrieved and updated through the use of APIs provided by cryptocurrency exchanges.
  • Accounting Extensions: We are planning to add accounting extensions to our wallet in an effort to make the wallet design and usage more appropriate for business use. These extensions will include the capability to define an account hierarchy and to assign transactions to an account as well as initially providing export capabilities to popular accounting software such as Quicken for the USA and Datev for Germany

We hope that our investors can see the benefits of such extensions to the usage scenarios we are aiming for: a cryptocurrency which is accepted by businesses and is suitable for everyday usage.

In case this was missed by anyone, from the previous page.  

Edited to add: Maybe the ANN heading can be updated to highlight these new points?
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:58:56 PM

30k market cap. What a joke.
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:09:31 PM

Considering I'm holding a bit of DCM, and the fact there's less than 1.4 mil coins...none of this price makes sense. As a community maybe we need to start asking whales to get this going, I spoke with the Devs and they may hire Mindfox when he's done with the cryptcoin anon wallet. If his presence on crypt has caused a price spike... There's so much opportunity in this coin, start asking whales.

poornamelessme

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:19:03 PM

Well, if you feel bad, look at Mil or XLC.

Things could always be worse. DCM is still at least in the btc volume range and around 1/2 ipo values currently. If it can at least maintain these levels until new things are brought out, it may not be so bad.

What I think it comes down to is, the devs need to show something. Those new wallet things are great, but the price won't stabilize until they show either wallet improvements, the marketplace, new exchanges, something. It's just the way it is, as people are naturally skeptical and the Bob situation certainly didn't help matters. If the price can just be stable where it is, it could buy them some time. If not, they better hurry and get something out there.

Mindfox would be a good catch. Although I thought he was working on another coin too currently? Watercoin, or something else? Or maybe I am getting confused. Crypt has whales pumping it, which is good and bad... when they leave, I'm not sure what will be left of the coin.
merk475

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:19:59 PM

Considering I'm holding a bit of DCM, and the fact there's less than 1.4 mil coins...none of this price makes sense. As a community maybe we need to start asking whales to get this going, I spoke with the Devs and they may hire Mindfox when he's done with the cryptcoin anon wallet. If his presence on crypt has caused a price spike... There's so much opportunity in this coin, start asking whales.

+1.  I don't get it either.  The devs have been active, and a lot has been accomplished in the roughly two weeks it's been out.  How is there not more interest?  I'm continuing to hold and haven't sold.  I do think it will recover, just wondering what it will actually take to get it going back up.  
merk475

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:24:33 PM

Well, if you feel bad, look at Mil or XLC.

Things could always be worse. DCM is still at least in the btc volume range and around 1/2 ipo values currently. If it can at least maintain these levels until new things are brought out, it may not be so bad.

What I think it comes down to is, the devs need to show something. Those new wallet things are great, but the price won't stabilize until they show either wallet improvements, the marketplace, new exchanges, something. It's just the way it is, as people are naturally skeptical and the Bob situation certainly didn't help matters. If the price can just be stable where it is, it could buy them some time. If not, they better hurry and get something out there.

Mindfox would be a good catch. Although I thought he was working on another coin too currently? Watercoin, or something else? Or maybe I am getting confused. Crypt has whales pumping it, which is good and bad... when they leave, I'm not sure what will be left of the coin.

The same aftermath of any coin after a whale has left with his profits.  A ghost shell.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:33:01 PM

The same aftermath of any coin after a whale has left with his profits.  A ghost shell.

Pretty much, yep. Ghost shells can occasionally recover, sorta, to a certain level, but it's probably not the best thing for the health of a coin.

I don't quite get this rush for anon wallet stuff -- well, beyond hype and devs cashing in/lying, that is. I mean, Dark has been working on theirs for many months, got it working quite some time ago (minus node payments) and we have all the cryptonote flavors too. So unless an anon solution is better than those, I'm not sure of the appeal. Hopefully whatever DCM has planned is more secure than existing solutions. It'd be kind of nice if they released a whitepaper on it.
Wallenstein

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:47:49 PM

Pretty much, yep. Ghost shells can occasionally recover, sorta, to a certain level, but it's probably not the best thing for the health of a coin.

I don't quite get this rush for anon wallet stuff -- well, beyond hype and devs cashing in/lying, that is. I mean, Dark has been working on theirs for many months, got it working quite some time ago (minus node payments) and we have all the cryptonote flavors too. So unless an anon solution is better than those, I'm not sure of the appeal. Hopefully whatever DCM has planned is more secure than existing solutions. It'd be kind of nice if they released a whitepaper on it.

We believe that our (coming) anon feature is superior to Darks because it won't require masternodes. A whitepaper will be forthcoming once we have implementation details nailed down.
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:04:11 PM

I lost my money .. and I do not know when it will come back .. even from the left ..  Sad

Yeah thats how you do it - buy high sell low!
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: