Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:59:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet.  (Read 82554 times)
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:08:43 PM

I will try to get a definitive answer for you tomorrow, but my first guess is that it IS possible; the staking process is after all random.

Hmmm....OK.  I just thought it was odd that I went from 100% staking accuracy to below 50%.  Thanks for the quick reply.
It is normal. As time passes, more and more transactions are staking. Remember that PoS is ~ like PoW during initial mining: many orphaned blocks because many are solo-mining.
PoS is like solo-mining (well, it is solo mining but on a different level Smiley )
Hi Mindfox,

What are the chances of a double spending attack using PoS ?
I thought it could not be possible because of the biggest wallet holding >50% of coins (which is in honest hands I suppose)
Could explain with your clear words how it could be happening ?

Thank you,
Cara

The largest wallet is the Bittrex wallet, not a wallet owned by 1 individual.
carafleur

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

lost@bitcoinica.com

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:15:05 PM

OK, Good to know! Thanks

So many coins, and not staking them ? seriously it's hard to believe...
BitTrex looks very professional, and beside DCM, I didn't have any issue using their services.
However, I'm still very cautious using any online service, and if the coin rises fast like it will eventually happen, I would be very worried...

My avatar still showing scars from good'o'times  Undecided

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true"
“Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”

Tesla N
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:38:08 PM

I really really hope that you guys listened to me when I said that cloakcoin was the next big thing and got in!

https://www.mintpal.com/market/CLOAK/BTC

You're welcome!
merk475

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:08:45 PM

OK, Good to know! Thanks

So many coins, and not staking them ? seriously it's hard to believe...
BitTrex looks very professional, and beside DCM, I didn't have any issue using their services.
However, I'm still very cautious using any online service, and if the coin rises fast like it will eventually happen, I would be very worried...

My avatar still showing scars from good'o'times  Undecided

I hear ya!  Staking is free money, and if the intention is to be in DCM long-term, I don't see why anyone would want to keep their coins on the exchange.  Though they have disabled deposits/withdrawals for DCM for the last 3 days.  I have coins on the site, that I would love to get off so I can stake them.  But until they fix that issue, I will have to keep them there.  I wonder how many others are trying to pull them off?
merk475

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:35:12 PM

DCM broke into the top 200 for votes on Mintpal. 

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

You can vote once an hour.
merk475

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:32:18 AM

How does something like RZR start out on Bittrex today and it's over 100k satoshi?  2 million total coins (currently just over ~769,000), an anon feature utilizing the TOR network.  And we are at 3k satoshi.  Something just is not right with that.  How are we not higher, and why is there no buy support for DCM?
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:47:10 AM

How does something like RZR start out on Bittrex today and it's over 100k satoshi?  2 million total coins (currently just over ~769,000), an anon feature utilizing the TOR network.  And we are at 3k satoshi.  Something just is not right with that.  How are we not higher, and why is there no buy support for DCM?

Probably a combination of a mistrust of ipos, very little hype, and Bob.

If the devs had more to show right now as far as a marketplace or planned features, it could get around some of those issues, but it'll take time.

I also wonder if it's an inherent problem with some of these ipos, especially exchange run ipos. After the success of XBC, a lot of people probably were looking for quick profit. And those that hung on too long eventually dumped when things didn't turn out as well as they had planned. So I guess add in the 'pump and dump' mindset which probably was a large portion of the ipo investors as one reason the coin's price is where it is right now.
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:12:33 AM

DCM withdraw and deposit not working for 4 days now, payout DCM multipool not processed for 4 days now.

Is anybody of the dev team working on this?
Wallenstein

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:18:13 AM

How does something like RZR start out on Bittrex today and it's over 100k satoshi?  2 million total coins (currently just over ~769,000), an anon feature utilizing the TOR network.  And we are at 3k satoshi.  Something just is not right with that.  How are we not higher, and why is there no buy support for DCM?

Probably a combination of a mistrust of ipos, very little hype, and Bob.

If the devs had more to show right now as far as a marketplace or planned features, it could get around some of those issues, but it'll take time.

I also wonder if it's an inherent problem with some of these ipos, especially exchange run ipos. After the success of XBC, a lot of people probably were looking for quick profit. And those that hung on too long eventually dumped when things didn't turn out as well as they had planned. So I guess add in the 'pump and dump' mindset which probably was a large portion of the ipo investors as one reason the coin's price is where it is right now.

Well, I think the idea of using TOR is at least creative. Ultimately it's a smoke screen though because if you think that TOR will protect you from seriously interested prying eyes (ie: government sponsored organizations) you're probably very wrong. So RZR is probably the hot-coin-of-the-week.

For what it's worth, we're also disappointed that there is virtually no market reaction to what we've put out so far. But we'll keep at it and eventually it will pick up. We are going down what I would call a "rational path"; if we do what we promised it really should result in major value gains. If it doesn't then you can probably forget being rational about the altcoin market and go back to chasing the hot coin of the week.
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:19:15 AM

DCM withdraw and deposit not working for 4 days now, payout DCM multipool not processed for 4 days now.

I was under the impression that this had been fixed. I will check into it. Thanks for alerting me to this.
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:51:14 AM

I was under the impression that this had been fixed. I will check into it. Thanks for alerting me to this.

Bittrex is enabled again.
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 10:19:30 AM

we just got reply to our ticket from bittrex, that withdrawals are enabled again. We will process multipool payouts somewhere today.

carafleur

lost@bitcoinica.com

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:40:06 AM

Is there a second block explorer for DCM ?
http://dcm.blockexplorer.cc/chain/DCM seems to be stuck @block 20162 , when my wallet shows 20359
And more important, my BitTrex withdrawal is not showing yet on my wallet (should be within minutes doesn't it ?)...

I'm giving it a an hour or two before trying to resync, and if needed, filling a support ticket @bittrex

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true"
“Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”

Tesla N
merk475

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:00:25 PM

Is there a second block explorer for DCM ?
http://dcm.blockexplorer.cc/chain/DCM seems to be stuck @block 20162 , when my wallet shows 20359
And more important, my BitTrex withdrawal is not showing yet on my wallet (should be within minutes doesn't it ?)...

I'm giving it a an hour or two before trying to resync, and if needed, filling a support ticket @bittrex

Wish I could help and tell you what block my wallet is on (but I don't have access to it for the next 9 hours).  As far as the withdrawls from Bittrex, I have had some that were really quick (within 10 minutes), and I've had others that took up to an hour.  Did you get an email asking you to confirm your withdrawal?  Bittrex won't send the funds until you've confirmed it.  If you didn't receive confirmation of your withdrawal request, check your spam folder. 
carafleur

lost@bitcoinica.com

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:11:07 PM

Yep, I always try to confirm withdrawals asap

coins just showed up in my wallet Smiley
No problem, no issue, long life to dCom !
 Cheesy

Tesla N
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:55:01 PM

Bloodbath!

135btc budget... 25k marketcap. Unbelievable. Even HarmonyCoin who copied the OP of dCom now has a higher marketcap.
merk475

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:00:10 PM

Where has Kreative been the last couple days?  Just curious is all.
merk475

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:37:58 PM

DCM is 18 days old today.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:48:51 PM

For what it's worth, we're also disappointed that there is virtually no market reaction to what we've put out so far. But we'll keep at it and eventually it will pick up. We are going down what I would call a "rational path"; if we do what we promised it really should result in major value gains. If it doesn't then you can probably forget being rational about the altcoin market and go back to chasing the hot coin of the week.

It's interesting that you bring up rationality. I haven't been into cryptos very long (started in Jan), and at first figured it'd be like how stocks work, or a regular investment -- people would invest based on features, developers, quality of coin and so on.

But by now, I think rationality doesn't play nearly as large a role in regard to a coin's price as it should. Actually I think logic and rationality sometimes play very small roles.

Otherwise we wouldn't get the hot coin of the week ... the new anon coin that skyrockets up, based on an anon promise or very iffy code... or no anon code at all... nation coins would never, ever have been worth what they were, and so on. So it's okay to be rational from a dev standpoint, but just don't assume that investors will be.

The lack of market reaction probably is due to the fact that nobody knows a timetable for any of the proposed things, nor can believe with 100% certainty the devs will deliver. And you don't get the benefit of new anon hype as the coin has already been pumped/dumped once -- I also expect very few are following the coin, so they may not even know about the things proposed. So the way to increase price is to implement something... anything... from that list of features. And I'd also suggest using ipo money to buy/rent machines to mine on the multipool and get some price support going.
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:11:50 PM

Where has Kreative been the last couple days?  Just curious is all.

He's here, we talk every day. I'll get him to chime in.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: