Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:03:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRICE REDUCED] DPS-2000BB 2000W Server PSU Interface Board  (Read 61990 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:02:06 PM

Pretty sure that's exactly the IP for this forum.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:05:52 PM

Yeppers...but why the crap is windows throwing me the warning now? Lemme check a couple other BCT notification links...nope, just clicked the Rockminer notification email link without the warning  Undecided

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:53:48 PM

Yeppers...but why the crap is windows throwing me the warning now? Lemme check a couple other BCT notification links...nope, just clicked the Rockminer notification email link without the warning  Undecided

hmmm, very strange, I clicked a link from an outdated (older) notification email for this thread an no warning. Ah well, not long before I start designing the enclosure for these boards!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
kgb2mining

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:20:10 AM

We got our boards today and just wanted to pop some pics of our setup.  The boards work flawlessly as expected, and everything ended up excellent so far.  Those fans on the PSU are 60mm case fans and seem to be holding up well.  They are only 3-pin fans, but connect to the fan header just fine and so far provide enough airflow as we can tell.

We're doing "blocks" of 4 x S3's per PSU.  If it works out correctly, I believe we can get 4 "blocks" (16 miners) onto a single 30A 240V circuit.  This will give us much more density per rack than maxing out the PSU's with 6 S3's per.

We currently have 2 blocks wired and running stable for about 6 hours so far, will add the second block tomorrow and see what happens.

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:51:27 AM

thanks for posting those pics. They will help with my enclosure development, woot!

*Got LootCrate?*
kgb2mining

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:09:29 AM

thanks for posting those pics. They will help with my enclosure development, woot!
Cool, glad it's helpful.  Once I get the other two blocks done tomorrow I might try to take a pic of the rack to show how we have that setup as well.

FYI we used the 18" cables on the top 2 S3's, and the 36" cables on the bottom.  Setting it up like that the 18" cables were _just_ short on the bottom ones, meaning there was now a lot of slack on the 36" cables.  As you can see we did some interesting cable routing to make it presentable and not have cable soup.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:10:51 AM

Pretty sexy there, sir.

Anyone with a pending order right now, my apologies that it hasn't been shipped out. As has been stated, PCBs were delayed a full nine days past expected delivery, which pushed manufacture back into time we had reserved for a custom job and the full week we were intending to shut down and move to the new shop. We'd hoped to get the rest of pendings out on Tuesday, but the cable parts we expected to have on Saturday just arrived today which meant our stock was basically gone last week and never refilled. We'll be completing the move by the end of Friday and the first order of business Monday morning is to blast out an aslo of DPS2K boards for every pending preorder to be shipped by Tuesday (if the new cable minion can keep the pace). As soon as we're up to stock on those we'll be shifting over to the new D750 batch and hopefully have some of those ready. We will also have two custom jobs to juggle next week but that shouldn't slow us down on pending orders since those take priority.

Just an update. Anything that hasn't shipped out yet should be shipped no later than the 19th. That is much later than originally expected but I can honestly say most of the reasons for it were outside our control. When we got everything we need (like last week) we lay down the law and get stuff done.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:05:03 AM

We got our boards today and just wanted to pop some pics of our setup.  The boards work flawlessly as expected, and everything ended up excellent so far.  Those fans on the PSU are 60mm case fans and seem to be holding up well.  They are only 3-pin fans, but connect to the fan header just fine and so far provide enough airflow as we can tell.

We're doing "blocks" of 4 x S3's per PSU.  If it works out correctly, I believe we can get 4 "blocks" (16 miners) onto a single 30A 240V circuit.  This will give us much more density per rack than maxing out the PSU's with 6 S3's per.

We currently have 2 blocks wired and running stable for about 6 hours so far, will add the second block tomorrow and see what happens.

nice setup , what fans are you using?
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:00:32 PM

Here's the pic of the box that the loaned DPS2kBB was shipped in...fortunately the board made it safely!

Anyways, I am working on the enclosure and will have a better ss ready soon!

*Got LootCrate?*
kgb2mining

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:56:14 PM

nice setup , what fans are you using?
masscool 60mm case fans, 3-pin.
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:56:42 PM

Looks real good! My question is why the zip ties on the fans, You could use sheet metal screws and washers to barely penetrate the psu case and silicone the edges to insure all air in, is in the psu not all over the place. Smiley Just a thought...

If your worried about the screws touching, simply remove them after the silicone is sealed, they ain't going anywhere..
kgb2mining

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:58:44 AM

Looks real good! My question is why the zip ties on the fans, You could use sheet metal screws and washers to barely penetrate the psu case and silicone the edges to insure all air in, is in the psu not all over the place. Smiley Just a thought...

If your worried about the screws touching, simply remove them after the silicone is sealed, they ain't going anywhere..
Thanks!

Honestly the zip ties were used for 2 main reasons - first: quick, dirty, cheap (not that screws and washers aren't) and what we have readily on hand (zip ties are never far in an IT shop).  Second we weren't sure about the permanency of those fans, so if we need to move/remove them it's a couple nips from the cutter and they're gone.  We weren't sure if the 60mm fans would provide enough cooling, if they were in the right spot, whether we needed to go up to 3 fans, or go bigger with 80mm (which we did today as a test on a new stack).  Believe me I'd prefer a much more permanent and clean solution, but this is our first proof of concept with this setup so zip ties just made it easier to start.  I could forsee either screws or a custom bracket in our future.

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:52:43 AM

Alright, I am about to print the first prototype base plate...here's the screenshot I promised...
Once I get the base fitment correct I can start making the lid

Can anyone please supply me with the dimensions for the front/rear of the DPS2k PSU?  (just need the width)
Thanks!

*Got LootCrate?*
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:38:44 PM

Alright, I am about to print the first prototype base plate...here's the screenshot I promised...

Can anyone please supply me with the dimensions for the front/rear of the DPS2k PSU?  (just need the width)
Thanks!

I can measure this evening if no one else has by then.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:03:37 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 06:05:54 PM by mstrongbow

Can anyone please supply me with the dimensions for the front/rear of the DPS2k PSU?  (just need the width)
Thanks!

Sweet, thanks! Make sure to measure the bottom please  Cool

Also, I could use these measurements for a stronger, more secure mount as i would like to make the mount/enclosure screw onto the PSU...see pic for references. (edit- Distance from screw hole CENTERLINE to bottom of PSU) Thanks!

One last edit...I should have some pics of the base posted this afternoon.
I am printing the 3rd prototype now!

*Got LootCrate?*
multiminer

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:48:28 AM

Does someone know the "customs tariff number" / "Zolltarifnummer" for importing the breakout board into EU / Germany?
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:15:36 PM

Can anyone please supply me with the dimensions for the front/rear of the DPS2k PSU?  (just need the width)
Thanks!

Sweet, thanks! Make sure to measure the bottom please  Cool

Also, I could use these measurements for a stronger, more secure mount as i would like to make the mount/enclosure screw onto the PSU...see pic for references. (edit- Distance from screw hole CENTERLINE to bottom of PSU) Thanks!

One last edit...I should have some pics of the base posted this afternoon.
I am printing the 3rd prototype now!

Rear bottom width - 4 3/8in
Rear top width - 4 1/8in
Front bottom width - 4 3/8in
Front top width - 4 3/8

Bottom to hole center - 1 1/8in
Hole 1/8in note that the hole on the opposite side is 11/16in from the bottom
Bottom of board to bottom of psu - 1/4in

Hope this is helpful.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:19:34 PM

Rear top width - 4 1/8in
Front top width - 4 3/8

Hope this is helpful.

Very! Thanks much. I will be getting back to work on this today. I've printed 4 prototypes thus far(getting close!)...oh yeah, gonna snap a couple pics and post those asap.

*Got LootCrate?*
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:10:43 PM

Rear top width - 4 1/8in
Front top width - 4 3/8

Hope this is helpful.

Very! Thanks much. I will be getting back to work on this today. I've printed 4 prototypes thus far(getting close!)...oh yeah, gonna snap a couple pics and post those asap.

Would you be interested in building a semi rack for a 2 stack? I will be stacking mine and using 120mm fans. I will need 10 of these. How tall can you print?

Basically a 2 shelf system with 1 side cutout for the fans.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:19:31 PM

Rear top width - 4 1/8in
Front top width - 4 3/8

Hope this is helpful.

Would you be interested in building a semi rack for a 2 stack? I will be stacking mine and using 120mm fans. I will need 10 of these. How tall can you print?

Basically a 2 shelf system with 1 side cutout for the fans.

I could easily make them connect together with zip-ties or screws, or maybe design with a dovetail for adding or removing units with ease.
I'm thinking maybe a 2-PSU design with connectors for stacking more plus provisions for securing the units to a wall/shelving or whatever....they would (possibly) slide over the front and rear of the PSU and secure to the PSU with screws.

About to take pics of what I have so far...nothing spectacular (yet)  Tongue

Oh and my printer can handle 6x8x6 (xyz) rough build envelope

*Got LootCrate?*
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: