Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:24:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRICE REDUCED] DPS-2000BB 2000W Server PSU Interface Board  (Read 61982 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:26:00 AM

No, I still haven't gotten ahold of the interested EU guy. Been too busy making stuff.

All "preorders" have been shipped as of today and we are now in standing stock. Any order paid up will be shipped immediately. We've got stock on PSUs and both lengths of cable.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:35:16 PM

Hey Sidehack, shoot me a PM with your shipping address, I'd like to send you a case or two.

Also, any chance you could add a 5v Type A female USB header on any of your boards?
This would be a great feature allowing to power 5v devices such as R-Pi, BeagleBone and WRT router/AP's etc.

I really wish I had access to 220v as I would definitely utilize some of your products.

Thanks!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:46:28 PM

Any kind of USB made to be wired to a motherboard header will work, as the 5V and GND are spaced right. I have a RPi running off one in our hosting facility wired up just like that. I know the bitcoin economy is shifting away from the kind of people that don't always enjoy (or know how) doing most things for themselves and plug-and-go stuff is getting a lot bigger so catering to plug-and-go kind of people will probably be more of a thing than it was.
We could probably add one, if there was enough demand. It would require adding that part to the BOM and a bit of redesign to the PCB, but if we get enough people asking about it, maybe. So far I think you're the first.

Oh yeah, and we've had several people asking lately, as though it were a difficult favor, if they could buy cables without buying a board. Anything we have for sale, we'll sell. Doesn't matter. You want cables, we can sell cables.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:18:44 PM

I've got about a dozen 80mm 4-wire fans that work well in pairs for single PSUs. The leads would have to be stretched/spliced to reach the boards properly but that's not hard.
I also have some 12-foot NEMA L6-20P power cords for these PSUs.

While supplies last, I'll toss in free fans and power cords upon request for orders over $100.

Also, we're working on a deal that might allow us to drop our 6-pin cable costs and also increase flexibility in custom lengths and configurations. That's good news for sure.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:24:44 AM

All orders placed between noon Tuesday and end of Sunday (10/26) can get a special discount pricing. All DPS-2000BB interface boards are $45 in any quantity; 18" cables are $2.75 and 36" cables are $3.75 apiece in any quantity.

LordPaco

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:04:02 PM

Can I stray a bit off topic and ask the question: What's the back story of these surplus power supplies? They seem to have made a lot of them. Did they actually go in server computers? I was thinking maybe they used them for powering wireless telecommunications? That would explain the trainloads. Does anyone have any of these power supplies that came with a history?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:40:18 PM

This particular PSU was used in IBM BladeCenters. I think each 6U machine had 4 PSU in it. Not sure if they had any other purposes from the start.

LordPaco

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:54:48 PM

Thanks Sidehack! A quick wiki search yielded this juicy picture:

(They look a lot more shiny and new than mine LOL)

PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:13:35 PM

This particular PSU was used in IBM BladeCenters. I think each 6U machine had 4 PSU in it. Not sure if they had any other purposes from the start.

FYI, as far as as I can tell from looking at the pin outs, the DPS-1600BB (147.5A @ 12.2V 1800W), DPS-2000BB (164A @ 12.2V 2000W), and the DPS-2500BB (205A @ 12.2V 2500W) are pin compatible and the DPS2K adapter board and should be a "Plug 'N' Play" on these supply's.

Just ordered qty 16 DPS-1600BB's and when they come in will test and report back.
We scarfed these in the salvage market for $8.74 each + $10 shipping.
Total cost each was $18.74. Helluva' supply for $20.

These supply's have NO internal fans and in a stock configuration (i.e. installed in an IBM BladeCenter) are cooled by case air.
Adding 40mm fans to the side of the power supply case for cooling is MANDATORY.

We anticipate using these in our mining farm to power OC'ed AM Prisma's.
One supply per Prisma.

Of other interest is, the efficiency of these supplies under light loading (250W draw) is 87%, at or near rated output the efficiency rises to 92%.
So from a Bitcoin mining perspective it's better to run them WOT (Wide Open Throttle) than to be conservative.

Individuals in the RC community have reported about the DPS-2000BB's that when tweaking the output voltage to 14.6 and tweaking the Over Power Cutoff the DPS-2000's can supply 2800W (~200A @ 14.6V), Booyah!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:31:12 PM

Our boards were designed for a 240A rating, and the first one was stress-tested to 200A for a full seven days with zero problems. It was actually a current-sense board, so the PCB had to deal with the extra heat of 200A shunts and still performed beautifully; stock boards will do even better. They should be alright for a DPS-2500BB.

The only thing about adjusting the DPS-2000BB settings is, over-current is an internal pot so you might have to take the case apart - which is actually very easy. Overcurrent protection usually kicks in just shy of 200A but can be adjusted up over 210A I think.
Output voltage adjustment is not implemented on our boards, partly for safety reasons. We didn't want someone grabbing the wrong knob and roasting all their hardware accidentally.

InvalidSnack

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:55:24 PM

sidehack,

Is the price still "reduced" -- or does the thread title / OP just need to be updated?   (I saw conflicting info -- one post said through the end of October, another suggested the sale would last until the Prisma group buy had concluded...  Etc.)

If things are still on sale, could you maybe...say what the prices are, because the original prices, the dropped price, the discount amounts, and the recent sale -- it just...um...seems kind of scattered about all over the place and it's  kind of hard (for me at least) to figure out what the actual *price* is.

I realize I should be capable of locating this information -- but I formally admit defeat and would kindly request a current price list, just whenever you get the time...not a rush or anything.  Thanks!
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:17:45 PM

Yeah I guess the title needs to be updated.

In any case, the prices in the first post are the current prices. We had a housecleaning sale a few weeks ago and dropped all prices, but that has ended.
We're still offering a 10% discount to anyone purchasing to power hardware from Canary or CrazyGuy Prisma GBs though, just gotta let us know that's what you're doing. There's no particular reason, just we like those guys.

Novak and I were discussing pricing the other day though, so I'll talk to him and see if we're gonna make any changes. As of right now, what it is is what it is.

Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:56:13 PM

if someone in Europe is interested in single quantity boards,
im willing to sell 3-4 of mine atm for the price i bought them
the postage should be like 6€ for a letter or 10€ for a parcel
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:20:27 AM

Also, we have reduced prices. Price breaks are now $55, $52, $50, $48 for the quantities listed.

Pretty soon we'll be able to offer more or customizable cable options as well.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:40:21 PM

We're still selling from standing stock. All boards and cable lengths are available. We're also able to do custom-option cables (wire lengths, spade/strip terminations) with a couple days' lead time.

Additionally, some news. How much interest is there in DPS-800GBA and DPS-1200FBA PSU interface boards? We've got a working prototype for a single board that works with either PSU, but we need to be sure there's enough interest to merit building it. Expected per-board retail probably around $35 plus shipping. We'll probably be adding a 5VDC line to it, with a USB plug for powering Pis and such, but that feature might not be in the base price (probably add about $3 for parts and labor).

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:19:16 PM

So, I've put up a consolidated post with all of our offerings in the Marketplace/Computer Hardware section. I'll be maintaining that as the official purchasing thread, I reckon, with updated prices and information.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=940317

prof.hell

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:25:36 PM

Boys and girls,

I know this looks like a reaaaalllly old thread, but in case anyone's interested ..

I didn't really like the approach of how the breakout board is doing it, nor did I like the back-order mentality.  With that in mind, I went ahead and designed my own PCBs, which I believe offer a better approach.  Validating the prototypes now and results look good.  Expect product to be in stock and ready in the next two weeks.

Once ready, I will post a link to where my boards can be ordered from and a price.

Thanks,

the prof.hell
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:29:25 PM

Yep, this is a really old thread. It was replaced almost a year ago and left to the archives. I'm also not sure what you mean by back-order mentality, but it sounds like something I don't like either.

Being as I've been out of stock on these boards for a while due in part to cost and in part to limited demand, go right ahead. But when you announce your product, please do so in your own thread.

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:01:46 AM

Yep, this is a really old thread. It was replaced almost a year ago and left to the archives. I'm also not sure what you mean by back-order mentality, but it sounds like something I don't like either.

Being as I've been out of stock on these boards for a while due in part to cost and in part to limited demand, go right ahead. But when you announce your product, please do so in your own thread.

sidehack, i do not know what you and novak are going to do...

prof.hell, is in town, and that is 2 L's in hell

I know I cannot wait to see what product comes with my very own prof.hell wrapper. Roll Eyes

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:28:25 AM

Yeah I really don't know what most of that means. On the breakout board front, Novak's working on a new edge-connector board but prototypes for that won't be ready to show off until about the same time I have pods to show off (probably around two weeks).

I wonder what mister proff's up to.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: