Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:48:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRICE REDUCED] DPS-2000BB 2000W Server PSU Interface Board  (Read 61990 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:17:27 PM

I'll talk to Novak, he does most of the webpage stuff.

To wire a 3-pin fan, stick it in the 3 pins closest to the small capacitor. You won't have speed control so it'll be at 100% all the time.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:16:33 PM

I'll talk to Novak, he does most of the webpage stuff.

To wire a 3-pin fan, stick it in the 3 pins closest to the small capacitor. You won't have speed control so it'll be at 100% all the time.

Yellow or Black closest to the capacitor?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:22:05 PM

Black. Just like plugging in a 4-wire, except the blue wire doesn't exist so its pin stays empty. Same as every other plugging a 3-wire fan into a 4-wire header.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:34:24 PM

Anyone looking for a good PSU, I've got one laying around and I will be posting up for sale asap! Only used it for product development and I've no access to 220v nor any plans to in the future. PM me for info.
Thanks!  Cool

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:41:00 PM

On that note, we're taking inventory and gonna be sending off for the rest of parts for a batch of DPS2K boards this week. We're probably going to open up an official (pre)order queue about Wednesday, with shipping expected to start on or before October 10th (unless the PCB folks decide to ship us a week late again, grumble grumble). We'll have some PSUs available, and probably the option for a "kit" with PSU, board, and 12x 36" cables in a box with flat price including domestic shipping.

Scrappy Do

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:10:47 PM

On that note, we're taking inventory and gonna be sending off for the rest of parts for a batch of DPS2K boards this week. We're probably going to open up an official (pre)order queue about Wednesday, with shipping expected to start on or before October 10th (unless the PCB folks decide to ship us a week late again, grumble grumble). We'll have some PSUs available, and probably the option for a "kit" with PSU, board, and 12x 36" cables in a box with flat price including domestic shipping.

Are you doing full combos now? or just the board. I need a few more setups.

Also, would you be interested in a dell 750 trade in? I have 6 of these and the boards I am phasing out. Let me know!
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:18:14 PM

Also, would you be interested in a dell 750 trade in? I have 6 of these and the boards I am phasing out. Let me know!

I need a Dell 750 and board combo for product dev. if you'd be interested in trading for my DPS2kBB PSU?

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:23:54 PM

We don't really have any stock of any thing except 36" cables right now. Also not terribly interested in a trade-in, but I have no complaints if you want to resell anywhere and undercut us. We won't have D750 stock for a while.

As for any "full combo" option, what was said is what we're thinking. I don't have a lot of available PSUs, couple dozen maybe after hosting customers get theirs, but we'll do something.

TechCF

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:46:44 AM

Please let us know as soon as you get new boards in stock, or if you will open a pre-order list. I need two boards w/cables.
kgb2mining

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:34:57 PM

I need a Dell 750 and board combo for product dev. if you'd be interested in trading for my DPS2kBB PSU?
I can send you what you need, I recently upgraded from the 750's, so I have a ton of PSU's and boards sitting on a shelf.  If you want to send me a pre-paid shipping label for USPS, UPS, or fedex I can have it out in the mail tomorrow.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:47:28 PM

I can send you what you need, I recently upgraded from the 750's, so I have a ton of PSU's and boards sitting on a shelf.  If you want to send me a pre-paid shipping label for USPS, UPS, or fedex I can have it out in the mail tomorrow.

Word! Did you want/need this DPS2kBB PSU I've got here? I will dig up your info and have a label sent your way asap, gotta run a couple errands soon. Thanks bro!

*Got LootCrate?*
kgb2mining

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:02:01 PM

Word! Did you want/need this DPS2kBB PSU I've got here? I will dig up your info and have a label sent your way asap, gotta run a couple errands soon. Thanks bro!

If you want to do a straight trade, that'd be fine.  Just PM me your shipping address and I'll pay this way, you pay the return shipping of the dps2k... good?
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:10:34 PM

If you want to do a straight trade, that'd be fine.  Just PM me your shipping address and I'll pay this way, you pay the return shipping of the dps2k... good?

Deal! You rock, PMing you now and I will get this PSU out today/tomorrow as well, it's already boxed up.

*Got LootCrate?*
Scrappy Do

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:39:50 AM

Deal! You rock, PMing you now and I will get this PSU out today/tomorrow as well, it's already boxed up.
yea awesome dick move me man! You rock.....3d printer shipped.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:16:25 AM

I'm going to officially announce the start of the Round 2 (pre)Order for the DPS2K boards. PCBs are on order, we got a full inventory of all current parts stock and expect delivery of the remaining parts early next week. PCBs should be delivered on or before October 3, which giving us some buffer time to create stock (and for the board house to screw up and ship late again), we should start moving boards on or before October 10th.

Pricing is the same as last time.

We will have a limited number of PSU Kits available (probably about two dozen), packaging a DPS-2000BB PSU, one DPS2K interface board, and twelve 36" cables for $154. That may not sound like a great deal when you add everything up, but that's the shipped price so it actually saves you $15.

We kinda got shafted on the last few rounds with people requesting large orders and then taking their sweet time paying (never knew a guy to take two consecutive vacations with exactly enough time inbetween to respond to emails but not log into PayPal...) so we're making some rules. If you ask for something, you have exactly three days from invoice issue to pay for it or the order is cancelled and you lose your spot in line. When we start shipping from standing stock, no matter how much business we've done in the past, nothing will be shipped until the order is paid in full. The official queue will be assembled in the order that payments were received. The only reason we're not shipping from standing stock right now instead of in three weeks is because we didn't enforce those rules on the last batch of shipments and some people took advantage of that. We will not make that mistake again, as it hurts us and every other customer entirely too much.

Additionally, a note to any overseas customers. If you're in a place I have a reseller covering, I will redirect you to that reseller and that reseller sets his own price as necessary to cover his own expenses. If you're not covered by an existing international reseller, I can ship to you but know that I do not falsify customs forms for any reason ever. The listed contents will be accurate, the pricing will be accurate and it will not be labeled as a gift.

So, if any potential customers could direct themselves to sales@gekkoscience.com, and I'll only respond to messages with ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

1. Exactly what you want (how many kits, how many boards, how many cables of what length - please be specific)
2. Exactly how you would like to pay (if BTC, say so; if PayPal, say so and also provide your PP address for invoicing)
3. Exactly where it needs to be shipped (any details USPS will need to know to get it there the first time)
4. Your forum handle (optional, if you want to be recognized on the public order queue)

Scrappy Do

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:03:25 AM

Can I get on the list for 4 more boards please, with 32 36 inch cables please. I just ordered the PSU's.
dance191

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:49:01 AM

Sidehack, love you work but I have a request.  Is it possible to get just a very stripped down version made?  Something that just plugs into the PSU and provides connectors to PCI cables (or is just hardwired to a bunch of PCI cables would be better).

It is great that you can add a bunch of features, but I think those features add to the cost and it is all about getting the cost down.  All the things like external fan control, current sense output, 3.3VSB, 5V2A, POK, external turn-on, and current-share for load balancing would never be used by me.  Just something that can go from the PSU on one end and PCI out on the other would be the most perfect to me.

Overall, I love your work but I am curious how low the price can get.  When it is still $50 even when buying 100, I feel there should be a "no frills" model.

Thank you very much!
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:57:26 AM

The bulk of the cost is in the heavy parts, really. The PCB is a four-layer board with 14oz copper in the main traces (should be good for 240A), and even in the quantities we buy, the PSU connector and screw terminals aren't cheap. Add the labor cost of assembling and testing each one, and the "we like being able to pay the bills" necessary markup and there's not a lot left. Knocking off the fan speed and 5VDC circuits saves about $4 in parts and labor. 3V3, POK and EON collectively might drop another $1.50 or so. Depending on how many you're wanting, we could work out a custom-populated batch or, for orders large enough and with enough lead time, a completely custom design.

Also, I'm deliberately not responding to order requests in this thread because, well, RTFP.

dance191

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:28:01 AM

The bulk of the cost is in the heavy parts, really. The PCB is a four-layer board with 14oz copper in the main traces (should be good for 240A), and even in the quantities we buy, the PSU connector and screw terminals aren't cheap. Add the labor cost of assembling and testing each one, and the "we like being able to pay the bills" necessary markup and there's not a lot left. Knocking off the fan speed and 5VDC circuits saves about $4 in parts and labor. 3V3, POK and EON collectively might drop another $1.50 or so. Depending on how many you're wanting, we could work out a custom-populated batch or, for orders large enough and with enough lead time, a completely custom design.

Also, I'm deliberately not responding to order requests in this thread because, well, RTFP.

I was figuring that the PSU connector -> PCB would get the cost to less than $4,450 for 100 (you said there can be about $4 and $1.50 in savings each).  Looks like I am wrong.

I have followed this since you released the ones for the dell 2950 PSUs.  I always thought, maybe if he used some of the larger IBM PSUs it would be more cost effective due to the scale of the larger supplies.  Then you buillt one for those as well.  I was happily surprised, but still never able get the price to where I could order a bunch.  Just seeing if there is a way to make it work.  Thanks for your input. 
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:32:03 AM

I'm not sure where you get these assembled and what the manual labor costs there are, but have you looked into a cut down version without the screw terminals and only the PSU connector and a cheap on switch and just directly soldering 12 36" PCIe cables to the board?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: