Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:50:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRICE REDUCED] DPS-2000BB 2000W Server PSU Interface Board  (Read 61990 times)
y_boonstra

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:35:28 PM

I recieved my breakout board yesterday.  Just wanted to share the board and psu setup so far

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tlon19

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:17:20 PM

I recieved my breakout boards today and cables, looks great! great seller!
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:20:42 AM

Printing the latest revision now (well the base) and will print the lid in the morning...plus my PSU should arrive tomorrow so I can work on the PSU stacker-mount and make any final changes needed to the breakout board cases before giving the green light for production.

Quick question...what is the dial/potentiometer on the board for?
Is it used much?
Would there be a need to adjust the dial/pot without removing the lid?

Thanks!

Any special requests for these cases?

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
y_boonstra

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:09:59 AM

The potentio meter is for the speed adjustment of the fans.
ill keep that one in reach if possible
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:43:10 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 09:12:10 PM by mstrongbow

The potentio meter is for the speed adjustment of the fans.
ill keep that one in reach if possible

Awesome and thanks for the reply mate.

Just gotta take pics of the latest print...had some unforeseen circumstances crop up this morning and I was able to get the lid print started a mere 3 hours after I went to bed earlier. Cleaning up my photo studio area and taking pics asap. Once UPS delivers my PSU I can  start working on the feet and screw mount locations plus the 2x PSU stacking rack, which I should be able to make modular so you can add more 2x PSU rack units without tools and keep them secure.

I recieved my breakout board yesterday.  Just wanted to share the board and psu setup so far

Thanks for this pic (and the other)! Very helpful/insightful for my enclosure design. Time to modify the lid so that connector can be plugged into the board without removing the lid.

edit: ZOMG! My PSU just arrived and I attached the encased bb...NO FEET REQUIRED! Plus it won't take long to get the screw holes added. I've already adjusted the lid design to allow the cable/connector to feed through the lid (optional).

Taking pics now!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:16:29 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 12:22:08 AM by mstrongbow

PICS!

Making necc. changes to the model now to incorporate PSU mounting screw locations, should have more updates in a few hours.

Edit:Now printing the recent changes. I will post back here with fresh pics and more info on the case in a couple hours.

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:57:23 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 09:35:34 AM by mstrongbow

Alright!
One last minor change to the base and lid then these are ready for production! Super stoked!!!
Here's some pics...

I am already scheming ideas for the 2x PSU modular stackable rack, woohoo!

ps- thanks data55 for loaning me the bb  Grin

*Got LootCrate?*
Atomar

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:04:21 AM

I recieved my breakout board yesterday.  Just wanted to share the board and psu setup so far

Look very good! What kind of fan's are you using? Are those loud?
Like to set up my PSU alike.

Thanks
y_boonstra

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:47:21 AM

Look very good! What kind of fan's are you using? Are those loud?
Like to set up my PSU alike.

Thanks

i used these fans:
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/390571240790?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

they move a LOT of air on full speed (more than normal 80mm fans), but can be loud. Before i placed the fands i i removed the mesh of the psu cover behind the fans to get an better airflow (hole of 38mm) then i screwed the fans from the inside.

y_boonstra

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:55:01 AM

Alright!
One last minor change to the base and lid then these are ready for production! Super stoked!!!
Here's some pics...

I hate to bring this to you, but that lid aint gonna work if you use proper wiring:
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:39:26 PM

Alright!
Here's some pics...

I hate to bring this to you, but that lid aint gonna work if you use proper wiring:

Meh, simple fix mate!  Wink

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:39:54 PM

Alright!
Here's some pics...

Meh, simple fix mate!  Wink

Printing the latest lid revision now. I've added more clearance for the cables. Pics WITH cables installed soon!

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:43:01 PM

Here ya go mate...all fixed up  Wink
Ye ask and ye shall receive!

*Got LootCrate?*
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:36:46 PM

Just don't try to plug any hardware up with your cables attached like that.

Pretty nifty setup overall.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:02:42 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 03:00:54 AM by mstrongbow

Just don't try to plug any hardware up with your cables attached like that.

Pretty nifty setup overall.

Word and yeah,I don't have access to 220v so I can't use it anyways  Cool
Just glad I was able to borrow a board and had the $$ to purchase a PSU for product dev.
Going to start on the stacking PSU racks,which will be modular so you can add more PSU's on a single "rack"

Order info can be found here...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=694666.0

Thanks all!

edit: I will be making a trip to the local hardware store with a PSU and case bottom in hand so I can source the proper sized bolts/screws for securing the breakout board case bottoms to the PSU..I thought I had some here but there were either too small or too big, hehe

*Got LootCrate?*
Ninetoe

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:39:53 PM

what kind of fans are you guys using ?

i put 2 40mm fans on the side, but they are just normal papst ones, not server grade.

and the psu shuts down when im pulling about 2kwatt, i can feel it getting realy warm, so im assuming the heat is shutting it down.

any tips and links to fans that are being used and works with 2k watt draw would be much apreciated Smiley

y_boonstra

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:30:11 PM

what kind of fans are you guys using ?

i put 2 40mm fans on the side, but they are just normal papst ones, not server grade.

and the psu shuts down when im pulling about 2kwatt, i can feel it getting realy warm, so im assuming the heat is shutting it down.

any tips and links to fans that are being used and works with 2k watt draw would be much apreciated Smiley

The fans im using displace almost 24 CFM and they are server grade
kgb2mining

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:02:13 PM

I'm using 60mm case fans, server grade with 20+ CFM.  However, with only 2 of them the PSU's still get quite hot although they seem to run fine (powering 4 antminers).

Anyone successfully running 3 fans against the PSU?  I'd like to add a third but the Y-splitters I got don't seem to work with the pinouts on the board.  Is it possible to instead just run the fan wires right off the breakout board screw terminals?  Or is that too much voltage that'll fry the fans?
Ninetoe

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:50:07 PM

ordered myself some of these : http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-x3250-Server-Fan-Delta-TFB0412EHN-4K29-/360870345147?pt=UK_Computing_Case_Fans&hash=item54058c79bb

should do the trick i would think
kgb2mining

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:23:15 PM

Couldn't tell the CFM from the listing.  As long as you're north of minimum 15CFM, 20+ would be better, two of them should work.  Three would be ideal and cover all the spots you need to cover.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: