Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:08:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRICE REDUCED] DPS-2000BB 2000W Server PSU Interface Board  (Read 61990 times)
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:17:22 PM

I seem to remember paying not as much for them but that was several months ago. bobsag3 said in a previous post that they've got around 50 they can sell for $45 plus shipping. I've not been able to get good word back from my usual PSU source about how many we can get ahold of to stock, or what prices look like.

These PSUs could still support 5 if they're right at or under 500W, but for safety (and marginally improved efficiency) it would probably be better to run 4 per. 50 would then require 13, or 12 if you did some clever load-balancing. At that range, you're in the second-tier price break of $57 per board. 160 cables would be $560 to $720 depending if you wanted 18" or 36" or a mix of both.

We're in preorder stage now for the boards; PCBs are expected to arrive about the 22nd and we'll have the rest of parts by then to start manufacture for shipping by the 25th. If you get in the queue right now, we'll probably be shipping your boards and cables on or before the 28th.

If you're interested in a purchase or want to discuss further, email sales@gekkoscience.com and we'll get you set up.

$40 per PSU + shipping, have plenty. On hand now, and they work great with the proto boards I have gotten from sidehack

Are they on the website? I do not see them. I need 13 please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:00:00 PM

I seem to remember paying not as much for them but that was several months ago. bobsag3 said in a previous post that they've got around 50 they can sell for $45 plus shipping. I've not been able to get good word back from my usual PSU source about how many we can get ahold of to stock, or what prices look like.

These PSUs could still support 5 if they're right at or under 500W, but for safety (and marginally improved efficiency) it would probably be better to run 4 per. 50 would then require 13, or 12 if you did some clever load-balancing. At that range, you're in the second-tier price break of $57 per board. 160 cables would be $560 to $720 depending if you wanted 18" or 36" or a mix of both.

We're in preorder stage now for the boards; PCBs are expected to arrive about the 22nd and we'll have the rest of parts by then to start manufacture for shipping by the 25th. If you get in the queue right now, we'll probably be shipping your boards and cables on or before the 28th.

If you're interested in a purchase or want to discuss further, email sales@gekkoscience.com and we'll get you set up.

$40 per PSU + shipping, have plenty. On hand now, and they work great with the proto boards I have gotten from sidehack

Not yet, I am going to put them up this afternoon
Qeu

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:03:21 PM

Sent a request for 6 NCS boards plus EU shipping quote to sales@gekkoscience.com. Definately no CS being made any more, right?
Qeu

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:11:39 PM

Any chance I can use the shipping paid for my X3, which is converted to chips sent from BA to Marto now, plus the paid extra PSU for the compensation unit, into store credit to buy these?
Scrappy Do

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:21:32 PM

Any chance I can use the shipping paid for my X3, which is converted to chips sent from BA to Marto now, plus the paid extra PSU for the compensation unit, into store credit to buy these?

Ditto.
Qeu

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:00:24 AM

Any chance I can use the shipping paid for my X3, which is converted to chips sent from BA to Marto now, plus the paid extra PSU for the compensation unit, into store credit to buy these?

Ditto.
Did you get anywhere with requesting this?
Scrappy Do

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:37:14 PM

Ditto.
Did you get anywhere with requesting this?

I called them and they credited me with gift card and applied to my newest order.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:51:42 PM

Well folks, I got some good news and some of the other kind. The connectors just arrived, and the rest of the parts should be arriving tomorrow, exactly as scheduled.
The other kind of news, you might call it "bad news" is, that apparently giving the PCB manufacturer three weeks lead time on a not-large not-difficult order is apparently not enough because they just told us this morning that the boards (which should have shipped last Friday or today) aren't ready yet and won't be until the end of the week. So that schedule we had for when we wanted to start shipping things, we might not have the PCBs in hand by then. I am at least as displeased with this as you are, partially because it stacks on top of literally everything else we've been trying to do for the last week being delayed by slow and/or incompetent people outside our control.
Anyone that's talked to me about hosting miners in the last week knows exactly what I'm talking about.

So, a heads up. DPS2K boards will almost certainly NOT be shipping by Friday since we probably won't have the PCBs by then.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Qeu

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:37:07 PM

Thanks for the update, better a little bad than no news at all. Did my order came through okay?  

cheers
y_boonstra

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:47:39 PM

Well folks, I got some good news and some of the other kind. The connectors just arrived, and the rest of the parts should be arriving tomorrow, exactly as scheduled.
The other kind of news, you might call it "bad news" is, that apparently giving the PCB manufacturer three weeks lead time on a not-large not-difficult order is apparently not enough because they just told us this morning that the boards (which should have shipped last Friday or today) aren't ready yet and won't be until the end of the week. So that schedule we had for when we wanted to start shipping things, we might not have the PCBs in hand by then. I am at least as displeased with this as you are, partially because it stacks on top of literally everything else we've been trying to do for the last week being delayed by slow and/or incompetent people outside our control.
Anyone that's talked to me about hosting miners in the last week knows exactly what I'm talking about.

So, a heads up. DPS2K boards will almost certainly NOT be shipping by Friday since we probably won't have the PCBs by then.

Thx for sharing,

Better to know the bad news than going BA style..

keep up the good work.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:09:57 PM

Thanks for the update, better a little bad than no news at all. Did my order came through okay?  

cheers

Yes, I've been out of town and/or fairly busy lately and haven't updated the public list but your order is paid and verified.

Regarding news, yeah I like to know when things change and figure my own customers would like to know as well. Because I promised a July 26th initial shipping date, it is my responsibility to let people know when that changes and for what reason. Y'all knew about ten minutes after I knew that there were going to be delays. We'll bust our butts to keep manufacturing time down and get orders out as soon as we can.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Scrappy Do

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:32:00 AM

cheers

Yes, I've been out of town and/or fairly busy lately and haven't updated the public list but your order is paid and verified.

Regarding news, yeah I like to know when things change and figure my own customers would like to know as well. Because I promised a July 26th initial shipping date, it is my responsibility to let people know when that changes and for what reason. Y'all knew about ten minutes after I knew that there were going to be delays. We'll bust our butts to keep manufacturing time down and get orders out as soon as we can.

Gimme a call man.. check your pms. Smiley
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:09:02 AM

PMS? I'm a dude.

Scrappy Do

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:09:25 PM

PMS? I'm a dude.
LOL

I meant private messages Tongue
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:14:07 PM

Check your own. Been waiting on a response since this morning.

y_boonstra

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:17:47 PM

Got my 2kW IBM PSU in today, its nice and compact.
Cant wait to connect the breakoutboard to it
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:25:40 PM

Yeah it'd be pretty great if we started shipping those boards tomorrow. That'd be great. Board house is still a week behind though, but no more than a week so it won't slow us down too much. And to be honest, we just got everything ironed out with the lease on the shop so it gives us a few spare days to start moving stuff over and getting the electric install taken care of for hosting.

testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:17:07 AM

Wow, sounds like these could save me a lot of money on PSUs, all the efficient consumer grade PSUs cost a lot of money and it's been driving me crazy trying to source reliable and efficient PSUs without going bankrupt.  Only problem is that my data center has 208V but I have no way to testing whether the board is working at home before sending it to my data center and I don't wanna send over a non-working PSU.  Gotta figure out how to get 220V at home to test with, I have an air conditioner plug but I don't think it's the same kind of plug that these use.  

BTW so there's two four pin fan headers on these, so that's good for two fans right?  Is that sufficient to power this PSU?  Looks like most people mount some sort of 40mm server fan
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

I've had one running with a pair of 80mm strapped to it. I don't really have any smaller fans to test with but that setup has been working fine for a month and some.

All you really need is any cord that fits what your plug is, to a C19 end. Pretty generic.

y_boonstra

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:16:10 PM

iff order 2 server graded (high air volume) 40mm 4pin pwm fans (at full speed 13.000 rpm) those should keep the psu nice and cold
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: