Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 [943] 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dcct

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:47:23 PM

Maybe you want another block-explorer?

https://bchain.info/CLOAK/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
issie81

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

CryptoZilla

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:11:43 PM

@alty We have to make a decision with everyone do we open or close source it
@alty not everyone wants it open source

That's the part I quoted in this thread yesterday while I was in the IRC. He later said that the big investors are against it, so he won't do it.
[/quote]

ow and who is the big investor?.. they have been accumulating themself... 70-100BTC in 1 day prior the big news they had POSA3.. how is this possible meanwhile the coin was doing a few BTC trading on exchanges??..
can someone explain this, this is pure insider trading, accumulate 1 day before the big bang, anyway the accumulating got them profit of 200-300% the profit which they steal from you/Jorr
Jorr i miss you step in..
svenp

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:01:28 PM

can someone explain this, this is pure insider trading, accumulate 1 day before the big bang, anyway the accumulating got them profit of 200-300% the profit which they steal from you

Sounds like you explained it yourself.  That might also explain the horrible communication; it was a way to get the price nice and low to accumulate cheap and in volume.

You ever wonder how Alty finances 'development'?  You think he works a day job and then funnels that into paying devs?  He plays the market just like everyone else except he can stack the deck.  It's easier than stealing candy from babies.

I think that after a while it becomes obvious that insider trading and bullshitting people is a MUCH easier way to profit than actually producing anything.

bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:09:15 PM

it's supposedly trustless anon using ring escrow but pending an audit of course.

So who is that auditor that every user of CLOAK would blindly trust with their money? And how would that be "trustless"? And what would stop the devs from inserting a backdoor into the closed source AFTER the audit? Or would all development stop after the audit?

[21:42:53] <svenp> who will be auditing it?
[21:42:57] <Blink^> ^
[21:43:06] <DITitit> because you would have to trust that person(s) Blink^
[21:43:09] <DaveyJones> id say first the audit... after that let the community decide
[21:43:28] <Blink^> w/o any audit or checks, it is nothing but a GUI change and promises
[21:43:34] <@alty> Well, why not let the community select an auditor then as a first step
[21:43:40] <@cashmen> Smiley

Also, I can tell you didn't download or test the new wallet at all since you said it's just a UI redesign when the UI is practically the same.

I can read the IRC myself, thanks. You didn't answer my question though. How would an audit in any way make CLOAK trustless if it remains closed source and the devs can make any changes they want at any time without anyone ever noticing? Trustless and closed source are mutually exclusive.

Comon guys, They were honest enough to reveal the first Audit and in turn put their entire coin at stake to begin with, I think this has already proved enough honesty and integrity from alty!!!

Trust: -4: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

How ironic Wink

Edit: By the way, that audit was done by one of the second team devs (mrgnome), and they only revealed the result because the other devs and mrgnome had an internal disagreement and mrgnome would have made his audit public if alty hadn't acted first.

I'd be happy to audit the code again on behalf of the community, but if it is closed source only then I'm willing to bet the devs are doing what they long petitioned me to let them get away with previously and are simply encrypting some trustless blockchain like record. Decompiling the source will likely yield the encryption key and break either the trustless or anonymous features of their spec, depending on how they have rigged up the protocol. That's probably why it is closed source. Won't know until it's audited.

The cloak community trusts you.. When will you audit the code?
ZerOnEleven

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:17:11 PM

it's supposedly trustless anon using ring escrow but pending an audit of course.

So who is that auditor that every user of CLOAK would blindly trust with their money? And how would that be "trustless"? And what would stop the devs from inserting a backdoor into the closed source AFTER the audit? Or would all development stop after the audit?

[21:43:09] <DaveyJones> id say first the audit... after that let the community decide
[21:43:28] <Blink^> w/o any audit or checks, it is nothing but a GUI change and promises
[21:43:34] <@alty> Well, why not let the community select an auditor then as a first step

Also, I can tell you didn't download or test the new wallet at all since you said it's just a UI redesign when the UI is practically the same.

I can read the IRC myself, thanks. You didn't answer my question though. How would an audit in any way make CLOAK trustless if it remains closed source and the devs can make any changes they want at any time without anyone ever noticing? Trustless and closed source are mutually exclusive.

Comon guys, They were honest enough to reveal the first Audit and in turn put their entire coin at stake to begin with, I think this has already proved enough honesty and integrity from alty!!!

How ironic Wink

Edit: By the way, that audit was done by one of the second team devs (mrgnome), and they only revealed the result because the other devs and mrgnome had an internal disagreement and mrgnome would have made his audit public if alty hadn't acted first.

I'd be happy to audit the code again on behalf of the community, but if it is closed source only then I'm willing to bet the devs are doing what they long petitioned me to let them get away with previously and are simply encrypting some trustless blockchain like record. Decompiling the source will likely yield the encryption key and break either the trustless or anonymous features of their spec, depending on how they have rigged up the protocol. That's probably why it is closed source. Won't know until it's audited.

I vote for MrGnome, lets get started
HappyHogan

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:31:35 PM

ow and who is the big investor?.. they have been accumulating themself... 70-100BTC in 1 day prior the big news they had POSA3.. how is this possible meanwhile the coin was doing a few BTC trading on exchanges??..
can someone explain this, this is pure insider trading, accumulate 1 day before the big bang, anyway the accumulating got them profit of 200-300% the profit which they steal from you/Jorr

As I said before:

If there is anyone still doubting the existence of insider trading of CLOAK, just look at how massively the volume picked up almost exactly 24 hours before alty "announced" the new posa wallet.

Very obvious insider trading.

Dead cat bounce
svenp

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:37:20 PM

Dead cat bounce

No.  Deadcat corrections occur on LESS volume than the downward spike.  This one had much more.
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:45:13 PM

As I said before:

If there is anyone still doubting the existence of insider trading of CLOAK, just look at how massively the volume picked up almost exactly 24 hours before alty "announced" the new posa wallet.

Very obvious insider trading.

Dead cat bounce

Insiders ran the price up buying, now we waiting to find out if the code really is worthy of investing in.  If the code audit comes back good then this coin value will skyrocket.

I bought a few thousand more just in case it passes audit  Smiley
mrrgnome

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:36:39 PM

How ironic Wink

I'd be happy to. As soon as someone sends me the source and preferably some protocol reference material I can get started. That's not going to happen though. I'm almost counting down the minutes until alty shows up and explains we can't let me audit the code. "He'll steal it, make a million copy coins and then cloakcoin will be useless!" Mark my words, you'll get some excuse to that effect. It's the same tired excuses he's always used for keeping the source code firmly under heel. I don't expect that to have suddenly changed.
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:23:04 PM

How ironic Wink

I'd be happy to. As soon as someone sends me the source and preferably some protocol reference material I can get started. That's not going to happen though. I'm almost counting down the minutes until alty shows up and explains we can't let me audit the code. "He'll steal it, make a million copy coins and then cloakcoin will be useless!" Mark my words, you'll get some excuse to that effect. It's the same tired excuses he's always used for keeping the source code firmly under heel. I don't expect that to have suddenly changed.

alty shows up and explains we can't let me audit the code.

Fuck that! We need a code audit and we need it now. Alty please respond.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:47:12 PM

Well even that  i do trust mrgnome... dunno if he is the right after the more then friendly breakup they had. Still voting for Kristov Atlas if someone can gets a hand on him.
Good2Great

Activity: 45

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:23:27 PM

Chinese E-commerce Platform aims to be the “Bitcoin Ebay” (http://bitcoinist.net/chinese-e-commerce-platform-aims-to-be-the-bitcoin-ebay/) Thoughts?
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:46:56 PM

Well even that  i do trust mrgnome... dunno if he is the right after the more then friendly breakup they had. Still voting for Kristov Atlas if someone can gets a hand on him.

I agree. My vote is also for Kristov Atlas.  We need someone who is non bias to do the audit. Mrgnome seems to have bad blood with Alty, wouldn't be a fair audit.
orco#2

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:57:26 PM

Yes, Get Mrgnome out of conversation.  Do not trust.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.UTRUST.▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
luckydag

Activity: 742
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:44:06 AM

so many DEVs from other coins want cloak open source, so they can clone it , shame on u all !!!
jorrr

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:58:38 AM

Nice pump and dump. more cloak bagholders now haha!!
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:49:33 AM

Another vote for Kristov Atlas simply because even if MrGnome audited it and if it DID pass many people would be like who is that and why should we trust him?
LiberyOrDeath

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:52:20 AM

Cloak has become a joke - it's only used for weekend dumps these days. LOL. Who would even wanna buy this thing , a dead stinking corpse of a coin, raped and destroyed by pump and dump groups long time ago. Actually it is quite sad that most alts are used as toys by P&D mafia.
k0rpa

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:36:00 AM

i dont trust mrrgnome he sounds childish, how old r u gnome fella?
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:21:34 AM

Cloak has become a joke - it's only used for weekend dumps these days. LOL. Who would even wanna buy this thing , a dead stinking corpse of a coin, raped and destroyed by pump and dump groups long time ago. Actually it is quite sad that most alts are used as toys by P&D mafia.

And still all you butthurt people show up in the thread.
Pages: « 1 ... 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 [943] 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: