Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:38:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742149 times)
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:21:07 PM

I used to think like this until i realized that anon has its purpose. People who want to buy large amounts of coins dont want other people to know how much they have. This isn't just about buying from silkroad and not getting traced. This is about protecting large purchases from prying eyes. Having an anon coin tells large whales that they can purchase 10 btc of minerals and not have to worry about the seller knowing that they have 5,000 btc in there wallets and target them with malware/hacks. Its an added protection. This is how i look at anon now. Maybe I am missing something.

this +1

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kgman

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:25:36 PM

very good point .........now if only there was a way to short Minerals like on Bitfinex ..........id be rich  Huh ...........heres a bet how long before Minerals files for bankruptcy ..........id say 2 weeks so enjoy ur perceived wealth for now
coine_smithe

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:27:14 PM

I used to think like this until i realized that anon has its purpose. People who want to buy large amounts of coins dont want other people to know how much they have. This isn't just about buying from silkroad and not getting traced. This is about protecting large purchases from prying eyes. Having an anon coin tells large whales that they can purchase 10 btc of minerals and not have to worry about the seller knowing that they have 5,000 btc in there wallets and target them with malware/hacks. Its an added protection. This is how i look at anon now. Maybe I am missing something.

this +1

Yes, anon is coming. But betting is first! Guys can we move on to other subjects?
barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:31:29 PM

this +1

I have too say... Good point... Never looked at it that way...

But does that mean you dont have a richlist and such anymore?
And Lets say that person buys 10 btc worth of minerals... How can someone trace that back too his btcwallet like in your example?? Only exchanges can do that right? And since btc isnt anon at all... It doesnt make any sense too me for now... Pls explain.. Smiley
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:50:02 PM

To all who is waiting for anon - YES we know that it is in trend right now and everyone is crazy about anon and scared of the evil NSA that tracks your transactions. But we are not dealing with silkroad here. We do not expect and neither intend to create currncy that can become safe way to pay for banned chems. Minerals is currency that should be used to bet on sport and e-sport events. It can be hardly considered as a gambling even since you are betting digital "chips" not actual money. That`s why we want to make SERVICE not ANON a top prio.

Oh and if you really want anon all that much - we can make betting service to act as a mixing pool for all bets - pretty easy to implement.

Buy Fuji Coins lol for real, large amounts cheap and anon... see my message a bottom  Wink

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:10:31 PM

Buy Fuji Coins lol for real, large amounts cheap and anon... see my message a bottom  Wink
Yea jump to another anon ... and another anon i am so bored that anon why all follow that anon.
There will not many REAL one best like zeroknowlege or ring transactions exits but for newbie devs this is to high lvl...
Lets copy main code promises gold mountains and sell off at 1st pump Cheesy... so cheap.
New trend is ninja mine 1m coins in 24h/48h...some pump and retards are going buy to sell bit cheaper those who are at end are screwed hard
and jump here to tell that they have SPECIAL OCCASION FOR US....
I am so bored regular BC clones which are going nowhere i like Mineral cause its targeted to only one goal and this is not anon 30x...
AN NONE WILL WIN IN SC2 no matter what Cheesy if those folks will bring some good players to Minerals...

I was talking in BC thread to not go anon way but so many of guys from community went to anon miracles... Cheesy they are getting slowly burning
DRK trains seems to be over because ring transaction are better... sooner or later zeroknowleage coin like ANC will come out too...
And rest cheap mixers will be off... Crypto night about year development of anon... ANC is working about 7 months at zero protocool
best anon features aren't making in 10days...

Most of alts they aren't improving POS protocol they are making some features on existing one.

Anyway Mintpal pumps are getting over bittrex have volume = mintpal
and bitrex is trading only new coins today Cheesy... THAT mean you wont get 4x from coins
on bittrex when they get to mintpal they have no volume Cheesy... haha what a sad justice mintpal is ending slowly like cryptsy.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:19:57 PM

But does that mean you dont have a richlist and such anymore?
And Lets say that person buys 10 btc worth of minerals... How can someone trace that back too his btcwallet like in your example?? Only exchanges can do that right? And since btc isnt anon at all... It doesnt make any sense too me for now... Pls explain.. Smiley

In future you will be able use blackcoin direct cross chain trading and none will know from where are money from...
Let that technology improve and adopt when it will be open source.
You will select best anon coin and trade with it Mineras ( it will be almost impossible to trace you that way)

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:06:57 AM

Yea jump to another anon ... and another anon i am so bored that anon why all follow that anon.
There will not many REAL one best like zeroknowlege or ring transactions exits but for newbie devs this is to high lvl...
Lets copy main code promises gold mountains and sell off at 1st pump Cheesy... so cheap.
New trend is ninja mine 1m coins in 24h/48h...some pump and retards are going buy to sell bit cheaper those who are at end are screwed hard
and jump here to tell that they have SPECIAL OCCASION FOR US....
I am so bored regular BC clones which are going nowhere i like Mineral cause its targeted to only one goal and this is not anon 30x...
AN NONE WILL WIN IN SC2 no matter what Cheesy if those folks will bring some good players to Minerals...

I was talking in BC thread to not go anon way but so many of guys from community went to anon miracles... Cheesy they are getting slowly burning
DRK trains seems to be over because ring transaction are better... sooner or later zeroknowleage coin like ANC will come out too...
And rest cheap mixers will be off... Crypto night about year development of anon... ANC is working about 7 months at zero protocool
best anon features aren't making in 10days...

Most of alts they aren't improving POS protocol they are making some features on existing one.

Anyway Mintpal pumps are getting over bittrex have volume = mintpal
and bitrex is trading only new coins today Cheesy... THAT mean you wont get 4x from coins
on bittrex when they get to mintpal they have no volume Cheesy... haha what a sad justice mintpal is ending slowly like cryptsy.
lol who's jumping to another coin? and anon is the least of it for me Smiley I never put all my eggs in one basket. Fuji is not on the map at all... but I like it. and anyone can mine it and get a reasonable amount of coins.  Fuji wont happen over night like minerals.

Anyone wants some coins get a wallet and PM me Ill send ya 25 for free just to try out wallet. It syncs right up should be no issues.  Cheesy

LONG LIVE MINERALS AND BETTING!  Grin

Vampiro4L

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:24:12 AM

Its over this pump and dump will soon show its identity ..........dev has his ticket outta town u can "bet" on that ............Vericoin looks cheap here boys they have a real team behind them not some gamers pretending to be dev's...........1-800-Mineral 24/hr Hotline for those who lose  Angry

am i the only person who thinks this dude is hilarious? full of bs but funny nonetheless....and i bet he's got a 200k stack of minerals too lol
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:33:29 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 01:49:01 AM by Coinler

this +1

that's really what it's about. if u ever notice all the fud only appears for successful coins and technologies. ive been around for a while and for a while i used to find the best coins to mine by which pools are being DDossed the hardest i kid you not. minerals also had alot of fud against it since 300 satoshi but i bought anyway. basically trolls appear telling you "dont buy minerals" while they themselves are buying it up. and the fud against anon here is no different. its just to keep the price down. and apparently the devs want their own price down and dont consider anon to be able to provide organic growth. they want to do it old skool and gamer oriented and well quite frankly that's pretty sad. because i am willing to help push minerals to be more than just a e-sports betting currency. noone say e-sports betting provides offshore gambling opportunities and anonymity via crypto trading lol.

but frankly ive gven up any hope of anon being on this coin any time soon and will just be playing the markets how i think is fit from here on. i cant afford to hold min as im trying to build more investment capital through trading atm. the price hardly matters to me because ive effectively sold all my min at 20k satoshi already.

ill be clear, there is no such thing as organic steady growth for a coin like this.. and it wont happen with minerals for reasons i wont yet state. there will be rises and falls as usual in all crypto coins. whales will play with the coin at their whim and fancy just like all other coins. i dont think making the coin less attractive to them changes anything except a guarantee to take it and try to hold it at 20k-30k price point. like i said earlier.. i think right now it's every man for himself if you're a trader.

and even though i consider this to be an objective post im sure some will accuse me of fudding, but there is much i havent said. but if you really dont care about rising price then falling price due to fud shouldnt affect you either and bagholding should not be a problem but an opportunity to buy more cheap coin at a price lower than you expected the market to go to.. gifts! lol

so good luck.. i revoke my protest towards anon seeing that the minerals team doesnt really have their heart with it for their own reasons and their own vision of what they want to do with minerals and that is respectable. as i said before i didnt come here to take over the coin's direction but to help build it to a higher price point. and that's all my goal was as an investor and i really dont see anything wrong with that. i can still play this game with or without anon.

at the end of the day, to buy btc criminals have to send their money through a bank to an exchange and as mentioned above.. btc isnt anon. i think main truth tho is that many people want price to drop so they can buy and they will have their different methods of trying to accomplish that.

edit: in summary what im saying.. strong merchants would hardly adopt this coin atm imho because of low price and liquidity.. u can still see the bottom of the orderbook on mintpal and im pretty certain that because of that the only merchants that can take up this coin atm would have to be sticker and tshirt sales, nothing too pricey or in high demand unless the merchant themselves wishes to be an investor.
xyzwarrior

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:37:30 AM

can anyone help me with the wallet ? Yesterday it's fine but when I tried to start it now it says Runtime Error. This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. I've tried re-downloading my wallet and deleting all files in AppData/Roaming/Minerals except the wallet.dat, but after the blockchain redownloaded this error appear again. Any help would be appreciated.
Coinler

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:53:11 AM

can anyone help me with the wallet ? Yesterday it's fine but when I tried to start it now it says Runtime Error. This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. I've tried re-downloading my wallet and deleting all files in AppData/Roaming/Minerals except the wallet.dat, but after the blockchain redownloaded this error appear again. Any help would be appreciated.

if ur on win7, right click the qt client and click properties and select "unlock" button and try again. if that doesnt work then im not sure. do you have the newest version of the wallet?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:03:54 AM

this +1

that's really what it's about. if u ever notice all the fud only appears for successful coins and technologies. ive been around for a while and for a while i used to find the best coins to mine by which pools are being DDossed the hardest i kid you not. minerals also had alot of fud against it since 300 satoshi but i bought anyway. basically trolls appear telling you "dont buy minerals" while they themselves are buying it up. and the fud against anon here is no different. its just to keep the price down. and apparently the devs want their own price down and dont consider anon to be able to provide organic growth. they want to do it old skool and gamer oriented and well quite frankly that's pretty sad. because i am willing to help push minerals to be more than just a e-sports betting currency. noone say e-sports betting provides offshore gambling opportunities and anonymity via crypto trading lol.

but frankly ive gven up any hope of anon being on this coin any time soon and will just be playing the markets how i think is fit from here on. i cant afford to hold min as im trying to build more investment capital through trading atm. the price hardly matters to me because ive effectively sold all my min at 20k satoshi already.

ill be clear, there is no such thing as organic steady growth for a coin like this.. and it wont happen with minerals for reasons i wont yet state. there will be rises and falls as usual in all crypto coins. whales will play with the coin at their whim and fancy just like all other coins. i dont think making the coin less attractive to them changes anything except a guarantee to take it and try to hold it at 20k-30k price point. like i said earlier.. i think right now it's every man for himself if you're a trader.

and even though i consider this to be an objective post im sure some will accuse me of fudding, but there is much i havent said. but if you really dont care about rising price then falling price due to fud shouldnt affect you either and bagholding should not be a problem but an opportunity to buy more cheap coin at a price lower than you expected the market to go to.. gifts! lol

so good luck.. i revoke my protest towards anon seeing that the minerals team doesnt really have their heart with it for their own reasons and their own vision of what they want to do with minerals and that is respectable. as i said before i didnt come here to take over the coin's direction but to help build it to a higher price point. and that's all my goal was as an investor and i really dont see anything wrong with that. i can still play this game with or without anon.

at the end of the day, to buy btc criminals have to send their money through a bank to an exchange and as mentioned above.. btc isnt anon. i think main truth tho is that many people want price to drop so they can buy and they will have their different methods of trying to accomplish that.

edit: in summary what im saying.. strong merchants would hardly adopt this coin atm imho because of low price and liquidity.. u can still see the bottom of the orderbook on mintpal and im pretty certain that because of that the only merchants that can take up this coin atm would have to be sticker and tshirt sales, nothing too pricey or in high demand unless the merchant themselves wishes to be an investor.
Coinler you always make some valid points,, for me its a coin I mined for resale, like the rest but along the way I decided to hold back on a decent amount for 2 reasons, portfolio and future value potential, and yes Betting! I needed something new to do with crypto coins, in the end trading buying and selling as you do is almost the same as betting in in its own way. we all have our different reasons as to why we are even here in the crypto world. We all get out of it what we think we want, including the devs and so on.... but Minerals is a great coin and this thread has been and is a great thread with a lot of enthusiasm for a change... and its been nice.... I know you agree Smiley

Coinler

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:13:55 AM

Coinler you always make some valid points,, for me its a coin I mined for resale, like the rest but along the way I decided to hold back on a decent amount for 2 reasons, portfolio and future value potential, and yes Betting! I needed something new to do with crypto coins, in the end trading buying and selling as you do is almost the same as betting in in its own way. we all have our different reasons as to why we are even here in the crypto world. We all get out of it what we think we want, including the devs and so on.... but Minerals is a great coin and this thread has been and is a great thread with a lot of enthusiasm for a change... and its been nice.... I know you agree Smiley

yes it's been nice. id have liked it to be nicer tho  Wink

im not done with minerals tho. i might get into betting.. i still hold some of my mined coins so while im learning the game with friends we might pass some bets just for sport. literally not caring whether i win or lose but just having fun. who knows.. maybe one day ill be kicking your butts once i get my practice in. i can learn pretty quick ;p but damn starcraft ii is expensive.. i thought itd be like $20 lol
xyzwarrior

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:21:12 AM

if ur on win7, right click the qt client and click properties and select "unlock" button and try again. if that doesnt work then im not sure. do you have the newest version of the wallet?

I just downloaded the wallet but it still shows the error. And what do you mean by select "unlock" ?
Coinler

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:22:32 AM

I just downloaded the wallet but it still shows the error. And what do you mean by select "unlock" ?

"unblock" sorry lol

it should be in the properties window of the minerals-qt.exe
TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:29:59 AM

this +1

Your contradicting yourself. In crypto all we have to go on is past experience and speculation.
Past experience tells us that 'anon' feature has not been fully implemented effectively in a coin yet. And past experience tells us that any coin that has promised anon has been pumped and dumped into oblivion. Your banking on the fact that anon will provide copious amounts of money and it will save the day. All it will do is bring the pumpers and dumpers back for a day or 2, then the coin will tumble, effectively leaving a bad taste in the mouth of the average coin holder by losing half their stash.
The Dev does not have to do what one or 2 people want for a a quick buck. It has been said time and time again this could be so much more than this.

You seem to be a very emotional person which I find strange for someone who knows a little more than average lurker. I Am by no means trying to get personal here but I have noticed you supported the coin from the beginning, then at 500 sats you did this negativity, then the run up you were promoting it, at the top were even more for the coin, then on the way down you were slightly promoting and now that were moving sideways you are going in the opposite direction. Being emotional like this is not the way to handle crypto and could be harmful to your health
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:31:44 AM

very good point .........now if only there was a way to short Minerals like on Bitfinex ..........id be rich  Huh ...........heres a bet how long before Minerals files for bankruptcy ..........id say 2 weeks so enjoy ur perceived wealth for now

^bought min @ 7.5k+ sat, panic sold at 3.1k. dat regret
xyzwarrior

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:34:01 AM

"unblock" sorry lol

it should be in the properties window of the minerals-qt.exe

Well it's still not working. Strangely if I use the no betting version of the wallet it starts just fine.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:44:11 AM

yes it's been nice. id have liked it to be nicer tho  Wink

im not done with minerals tho. i might get into betting.. i still hold some of my mined coins so while im learning the game with friends we might pass some bets just for sport. literally not caring whether i win or lose but just having fun. who knows.. maybe one day ill be kicking your butts once i get my practice in. i can learn pretty quick ;p but damn starcraft ii is expensive.. i thought itd be like $20 lol
there ya go!  Wink like you said have a little efun betting and learning,,, one day we will be betting on NFL games and more I'm sure.. where there's a will there's a way"

You need to hop over to Fujicoin thread and help out in any way shape or form you see fit lol right now help is needed badly and the dev has some decent bounties out there,,, but the dev and community albeit (very very small at that) needs some involvement and folks to bring their ideas in and invite others to take a look. I believe any coin can succeed to some extent so long as there is a strong community support. Smiley

Don't worry I am a big fan of MIN --- like a kid waiting for Christmas, with the all new and improved betting features lol

Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: